Has this team even interviewed a single OC Candidate???

jmat321

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

McCoy looks like he is going to Denver, which would explain why the Denver offensive coaches are getting out

And it doesn't seem like we even tried to schedule something before hand. Maybe we did..idk. But regardless that should of been the first phone call. Maybe Norv.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Patriot Killa said:

And it doesn't seem like we even tried to schedule something before hand. Maybe we did..idk. But regardless that should of been the first phone call. Maybe Norv.

I don't want Norv anywhere near this team. 

If they do hire this guy, what it suggests to me is a return to the ground and pound game, which fits given our roster.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't want Norv anywhere near this team. 

If they do hire this guy, what it suggests to me is a return to the ground and pound game, which fits given our roster.

Why not? Norv has a solid track record as an OC. Maybe he wasn't the best HC but he can scheme well.

Just now, KRL said:

Eric Studesville has a heavy run game emphasis in his resume:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Eric-Studesville/6a851504-a376-4c81-8e14-93739624ca93

If hired does that mean we'll look hard at Fournette or Cook?

What happens to Forte is the question. We have Bilal and let's say we DO grab a RB 1st round.(which I highly doubt) but I wouldn't mind it.

Just now, Dinamite said:

This is consistent with the reports of Bowles wanting a more conservative/run based offense.   Sigh, back to the old "ground and pound" days.

It certainly fits their current roster.

What's more interesting is if he is hired, does Greg Knapp, their QB coach come with him?

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

Eric Studesville has a heavy run game emphasis in his resume:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Eric-Studesville/6a851504-a376-4c81-8e14-93739624ca93

If hired does that mean we'll look hard at Fournette or Cook?

This sucks. I really wanted an OC with experience or a QB coach/guru who could develop our QB's.

This is like hiring Tony Sparano...this sucks.

And yes I know we didnt hire this guy yet, but if this is the route we're going? Ground and pound...ugh

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

This sucks. I really wanted an OC with experience or a QB coach/guru who could develop our QB's.

This is like hiring Tony Sparano...this sucks.

We haven't hired him.

We may be interviewing him for RB coach, and the guy that tweeted it got the job he's interviewing for wrong.

Based on the two other guys we've hired, both of them had clear-cut histories with an expertise on a position group. This guy fits that mold. I doubt this is for OC, the more I think about it.

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, etc, etc, all available... nope, let's go after the RB coach of the Broncos. LOL 

SOJ

What is your evidence that Norv Turner is "available"?

He just quit midseason on a team, and thus far I've heard not a single sourced report that he is looking for a job.

For all we know, Norv could be dying of Cancer or some-such right now.

We're a bad team, with bad management and a HC everything knows is on the hotseat and could easily be fired next offseason.

No one spectaular is going to take this job.  RB Coaches and 2nd Tier is the best we can hope for.

reason #492 while Bowles needed to go along with Chan.

Just now, Warfish said:

What is your evidence that Norv Turner is "available"?

He just quit midseason on a team, and thus far I've heard not a single sourced report that he is looking for a job.

For all we know, Norv could be dying of Cancer or some-such right now.

We're a bad team, with bad management and a HC everything knows is on the hotseat and could easily be fired next offseason.

No one spectaular is going to take this job.  RB Coaches and 2nd Tier is the best we can hope for.

reason #492 while Bowles needed to go along with Chan.

lol, what is your evidence that Norv Turner is "dying of Cancer"?

Okay, so my assumption that he's a good unemployed OC that "might" want a job again isn't so far-fetched in comparison to your ridiculousness.

Pass heavy..innovative..young and hungry OC...for gods sake please. I understand we don't have the goods to deliver on a great pass attack but if we make it the philosophy the pieces will come.

You just answered your own question.

This might also say that they aren't taking a QB this year which is a smart move.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

We haven't hired him.

We may be interviewing him for RB coach, and the guy that tweeted it got the job he's interviewing for wrong.

Based on the two other guys we've hired, both of them had clear-cut histories with an expertise on a position group. This guy fits that mold. I doubt this is for OC, the more I think about it.

If he is going to be the RB coach than I'm actually fine with that. In fact, that's all he would probably be good at so it works. But I didn't know we even fired our RB coach. I guess that one slipped my attention.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We haven't hired him.

From your keyboard to God's eyes brother.

If he is going to be the RB coach than I'm actually fine with that. In fact, that's all he would probably be good at so it works. But I didn't know we even fired our RB coach. I guess that one slipped my attention.

We fired Marcel Shipp, our RB coach. Knowing is half the battle.

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, etc, etc, all available... nope, let's go after the RB coach of the Broncos. LOL 

SOJ

Considering handing Hack over to a guy who has been a RB coach for almost 20 years.

Fantastic.

Hopefully it is for Shipp's job and the report is wrong.

Archived