Patrick Mahomes will be there at 6

joewilly12

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You think all 3 of those QB's will really be gone by the time we pick at 6? I can't see that.

I hope you're right though cause I dont really like either of the 3 at pick 6. I'd be interested in Watson or Turbinsky in round 2 but I doubt either will be there. But if thats the case and all 3 are gone when we pick we should have our choice of a real good talent being on the board when we pick then.

at least two qb's will be gone if they grade out highly.  jax and cleveland may also pick one. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mahomes is a 1-2 round target. Numerous teams and mock drafts have had him going (at the time) 4th to Chicago, 10th to the Bills (seen below) or late to the KC Chiefs or Saints. His scouting grades came back as a 1st rounder for AFC Teams and 2nd for NFC teams. All it takes is 1 team to take a chance and trust me, this kid is the best QB in the draft all around. Don't let the sh*tty defense Texas Tech is notorious for cloud your better judgement. If you truly do your own research on ALL QB's in the draft, this will be your conclusion.

The emergance of Dak Prescot this season will force QB starving teams to take a chance early! Really hope the Jets don't miss the boat and take a different QB.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

4 hours ago, peebag said:

we already have this qb on the team.  his name is Bryce Petty.

They played in a similar system, but this kid is nothing at all like Petty. Watch his game tapes, not highlights. He isn't your typical air raid QB who's completing passes to receivers who are blowing past defenders and are wide open. He's calling audibles at the line, sheds tacklers with ease (while keeping his eyes downfield the entire time), and completes passes in tight windows. He also has a quick release and insane arm strength. Makes throws that'll make your jaw drop. 

I love the kid. 

5 hours ago, peebag said:

we already have this qb on the team.  his name is Bryce Petty.

If you really believe Pat Mahomes is like Bryce Petty just because he played in same conference n ran similar offense, you have not seen Pat Mahomes play or know anything about him. Patrick Mahomes is great at scrambling  n creating something out of nothing. Something Petty never did in Baylor. Mahomes is also baseball pitcher who actually was drafted by the detroit tigers last year but turn that down to play football. This is why he can put the ball anywhere he wants regardless of his footwork or mechanics. He actually won the QB compettion vs Davis webb who some people have ahead of him as better prospect. He had only one bad game this year vs Iowa state n if you watch the tape he got injured in that game.His defense at texas tech cannot stop  nose bleed, he puts up 30 plus points per game n other teams score more

7 minutes ago, Lgm ny jets said:

If you really believe Pat Mahomes is like Bryce Petty just because he played in same conference n ran similar offense, you have not seen Pat Mahomes play or know anything about him. Patrick Mahomes is great at scrambling  n creating something out of nothing. Something Petty never did in Baylor. Mahomes is also baseball pitcher who actually was drafted by the detroit tigers last year but turn that down to play football. This is why he can put the ball anywhere he wants regardless of his footwork or mechanics. He actually won the QB compettion vs Davis webb who some people have ahead of him as better prospect. He had only one bad game this year vs Iowa state n if you watch the tape he got injured in that game.His defense at texas tech cannot stop  nose bleed, he puts up 30 plus points per game n other teams score more

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AMEN!

I think Patrick Mahomes is  better prospect than Mitch Trubisky who only has one good year. Deshone Kizer is a big strong qb for for some reason when I watch him I do not get the feel he is a true qb that could put a team on his back n throw to win games. I have Mahomes as my #2 QB behind Watson but I think Mahomes is still a better passer than Watson. Watson does something well, win at the biggest stage n that is hard to overlook.I am hoping the QBs in the 2017 draft go 1st Watson 2nd Trubisky 3r Kizer so the NY jets have to draft Mahomes by default at 6. Because he will be gone if they wait to 2nd round 

4 minutes ago, Lgm ny jets said:

I think Patrick Mahomes is  better prospect than Mitch Trubisky who only has one good year. Deshone Kizer is a big strong qb for for some reason when I watch him I do not get the feel he is a true qb that could put a team on his back n throw to win games. I have Mahomes as my #2 QB behind Watson but I think Mahomes is still a better passer than Watson. Watson does something well, win at the biggest stage n that is hard to overlook.I am hoping the QBs in the 2017 draft go 1st Watson 2nd Trubisky 3r Kizer so the NY jets have to draft Mahomes by default at 6. Because he will be gone if they wait to 2nd round 

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I got all kinds of posts on Mahomes over in the draft thread, this is where we should be talking about him for now.

Mahomes deserves his own thread.. Especially with the QB situation with this squad! 

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Further to your point, Big 12 schools and their national defensive rankings out of 128 teams.

51 - Kansas State

73 - TCU

74 - West Virginia

81 - Baylor

82 - Oklahoma

92 - Oklahoma State

94 - Texas

102 - Iowa State

109 - Kansas

128 - Texas Tech

You won't mistake any of these teams with Alabama.

I mean, Oklahoma's uniforms are kiiiiiiinda close.

8 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Seriously? Was expecting much more from that highlight tape. 95% of his trows were to receivers without any defenders in a 10 yard radius. He also holds the ball in one hand, at waist level both inside the pocket AND passed the line of scrimmage when he takes off. The only record he would be breaking is whatever fumble record that Sanchez or Geno hold. I'd take him maybe in the 4th or 5th round.....maybe. 

This.

9 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

True...

He'll also be there at 6 when we pick in the 2nd round, and possibly at 6 when we draft in the 3rd round too.

No chance he's there at 6 in the 3rd round. This guy is going mid first to early 2nd at the latest. If Paxton Lynch can get drafted in the 1st round, this guy can too. Not to mention, we drafted ******* Hackenberg in the 2nd round, a guy who can't throw an accurate pass to save his life in the 2nd.

Mahomes is going to be a great qb, Jets should draft Fournette and then trade up back into the first to get him. His mechanics are terrible but yet he is still accurate when throwing the ball. He's crazy gifted, arm talent is insane.

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Very true we sign Taylor or Glennon :o and then the Giants will draft him and he will turn out to be a superstar and win them multiple Super Bowls its how it works. 

Well, to be fair, that would be an IDEAL situation for Mahomes as a professional.  Would Aaron Rodgers be as good as he is if he didn't get to sit behind Brett Favre a few years?  While Eli is no Favre, he does have something Favre doesn't: a second Super Bowl ring.  Pretty good pedigree to learn under as well.

If Mahomes was drafted at 6 for us, he would play from day one, and you never know what you are going to get when you throw a young QB to the wolves like that.

IThe problem is, wouldn't you say that letting Dak Presscott slide to the 4th round was a mistake? Because we can all agree he is a franchise QB right? So if there is a guy that you believe has the physical tools, the stats to back up those tools and has no concerns off the field wouldn't you say he should be picked in the 1st round cause regarless of how others see him you have the gut feeling he can become a franchise, why take a chance of lossing him? 

Just watched Mahomes highlights of 2016 n you will know why he threw for more yards n better %. He went through reads, step up in pocket to make throws n made good decisions

2 minutes ago, Lgm ny jets said:

IThe problem is, wouldn't you say that letting Dak Presscott slide to the 4th round was a mistake? Because we can all agree he is a franchise QB right? So if there is a guy that you believe has the physical tools, the stats to back up those tools and has no concerns off the field wouldn't you say he should be picked in the 1st round cause regarless of how others see him you have the gut feeling he can become a franchise, why take a chance of lossing him? 

Just watched Mahomes highlights of 2016 n you will know why he threw for more yards n better %. He went through reads, step up in pocket to make throws n made good decisions

Dak would have been a 2nd rounder if he didn't get a DUI that he was later found Not Guilty of (after draft).

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Further to your point, Big 12 schools and their national defensive rankings out of 128 teams.

51 - Kansas State

73 - TCU

74 - West Virginia

81 - Baylor

82 - Oklahoma

92 - Oklahoma State

94 - Texas

102 - Iowa State

109 - Kansas

128 - Texas Tech

You won't mistake any of these teams with Alabama.

Wow.  Exactly.  It's legit like watching arena league Football.  Terrible product.  I dont want to watch a 45-55 game where nobody even tries to play D.  It's stupid. 

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wow.  Exactly.  It's legit like watching arena league Football.  Terrible product.  I dont want to watch a 45-55 game where nobody even tries to play D.  It's stupid. 

Mahomes also played vs the 3rd ranked defense in LSU last year in his bowl game throwing for 360 4 TD's 1 INT, it was a very inconsistent day as he only completed 50% of his passes, but in typical Mahomes fashion he found ways to make plays even VS a top defense, and against a team stacked with NFL talent, and a supporting cast with only 1 top NFL talent in Mahomes.

Kid won't make it out of the first. We still have a long way to before the draft. FA is key to see what the Browns, Bears, and 49ers do at QB. I like this kid and Watson better than a one year  starter, you can see how PM  has improved every year.  Once FA and the combine are over we will have a better idea where we stand.

13 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Kid won't make it out of the first. We still have a long way to before the draft. FA is key to see what the Browns, Bears, and 49ers do at QB. I like this kid and Watson better than a one year  starter, you can see how PM  has improved every year.  Once FA and the combine are over we will have a better idea where we stand.

Agree he's this years Dak Prescott. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree he's this years Dak Prescott. 

From the neck down Mahomes is FAR superior to Prescott.  What he needs to prove is that he is NFL caliber from the neck up.

I believe he is, but a lot of people won't because of the offensive system he played in staying blind to his physical abilities, and other things he did like make reads, go through progressions, and make plays inside the pocket, outside the pocket, and yards with his feet.  His mechanics are bad, BUT it has no effect on his accuracy he is a special talent that can throw the ball accurate from any mechanical position, that is why he is being compared to Favre, and he also is being compared to Rodgers for the way he moves around the pocket, and outside the pocket while being able to still make plays down field with a pass during the so called scramble drill that Rodgers gets praise for, but a college kid gets a strike against for.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Mahomes also played vs the 3rd ranked defense in LSU last year in his bowl game throwing for 360 4 TD's 1 INT, it was a very inconsistent day as he only completed 50% of his passes, but in typical Mahomes fashion he found ways to make plays even VS a top defense, and against a team stacked with NFL talent, and a supporting cast with only 1 top NFL talent in Mahomes.

That's pretty impressive.  Wont lie.  I know they got throttled that game but that's pretty impressive vs. a very good D. 

Archived