Patrick Mahomes will be there at 6

joewilly12

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New York Daily News was showing this guy as a target for Giants in 2nd round. 6th a little too high for him or am I wrong?

Crazier things have happened after the combine but I think our pick could be spent much better than this guy. He probably doesn't get drafted till late in the draft anyway.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

When the Jets don't draft him, are you sticking around? Just curious. 

Yes sir! I'm a life long Jets fan. I was born in Lubbock, went to Tech and played there however, my dad was born and raised in Deer Park, Long Island so I grew up a Jets and Mets fan. Mahomes is a special talent, with the QB disasters the Jets own its a no brainer. Not one of the QB's on the roster now should be here next year. 

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Crazier things have happened after the combine but I think our pick could be spent much better than this guy. He probably doesn't get drafted till late in the draft anyway.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

dumb 

• 2 weeks later...
On January 28, 2017 at 7:37 AM, jetsfansince7 said:

Another guy we have to remake. Remake hachenberg.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mahomes does not need to be remade.  His footwork is more inconsistent than awful.  More importantly, his footwork or lack there of, has very little impact on his accuracy which is very different from the Hack situation.

9 hours ago, legler82 said:

Mahomes does not need to be remade.  His footwork is more inconsistent than awful.  More importantly, his footwork or lack there of, has very little impact on his accuracy which is very different from the Hack situation.

man you have eliminated yourself from ever being taken seriously when talking about QBs. The least you could do is praise the things that he does well. Mahomes has no footwork. It's a mess. He's asked to make like 5 NFL throws a game, and they're all over the place. Anticipation is none existent, touch is hit or miss, and he can't make any other reads than the initial call. When his first read is no good, he resorts to scrambling out of the pocket and playing the "waiting game"... as in wait until one of the DBs finally gasses out.

There's like 20% of his game at best, that translates to the NFL.

Am I saying it's impossible? No. JT Barrett has no chance... Mahomes is at best developmental guy, on par with Petty. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

man you have eliminated yourself from ever being taken seriously when talking about QBs. The least you could do is praise the things that he does well. Mahomes has no footwork. It's a mess. He's asked to make like 5 NFL throws a game, and they're all over the place. Anticipation is none existent, touch is hit or miss, and he can't make any other reads than the initial call. When his first read is no good, he resorts to scrambling out of the pocket and playing the "waiting game"... as in wait until one of the DBs finally gasses out.

Am I saying it's impossible? No. JT Barrett has no chance... Mahomes is at best developmental guy, on par with Petty. 

I eliminated you the minute I saw your avatar; your posts only confirmed that I was right to judge the book by the cover.  Way to put yourself out on a limb while leaving yourself a back door with that completely arbitrary 20% BS. 

Just now, legler82 said:

I eliminated you the minute I saw your avatar; your posts only confirmed that I was right to judge the book by the cover.  Way to put yourself out on a limb while leaving yourself a back door with that completely arbitrary 20% BS. 

totally. Boy oh boy, what righteous post filled with convincing evidence! 

And i love the use of Lynch as some of kind of hook to hang your lantern on. Clearly the guy is a bust, i mean clearly. Especially when he played 3 games and won 1. What a loser. What was Denver thinking drafting this guy out of Fuentes' system at Memphis? He should have been able to master the NFL game by last august

What an indictment. 

You wanna know the difference between Lynch and Mahomes, champ? Go watch some memphis games from 2015, then watch Mahomes... watch what happens when the first read isn't there. It's night and day; Lynch > Mahomes and it's not even close. 

On 1/13/2017 at 9:01 PM, King P said:

His footwork is God awful, but other than that I like what I've seen. But hes still very raw and there's no way I'd take him at 6

No one suggested we use the 6th pick on him, did they? I thought the conversation was in the 20-26 range similar to Pax Lynch

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

the name of this thread is Mahomes at 6

Right, but just because the thread says Mahomes will be there at 6 doesn't mean we should take him at 6 or that he should be drafted at 6.  Maybe I am getting my Mahomes threads confused but in one of them I feel like I remember reading someone suggesting we would have to trade back into the 20s if we wanted to draft him

Just now, Stark said:

Right, but just because the thread says Mahomes will be there at 6 doesn't mean we should take him at 6 or that he should be drafted at 6.  Maybe I am getting my Mahomes threads confused but in one of them I feel like I remember reading someone suggesting we would have to trade back into the 20s if we wanted to draft him

He'll be there in middle rounds. I feel like the bryce petty comparisons are warranted in may ways here. Remember when people said Bryce could sneak into round 1? Yea, no.

We'll see what happens with work outs and such, but i wouldn't hold your breath.  

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

He'll be there in middle rounds. I feel like the bryce petty comparisons are warranted in may ways here. Remember when people said Bryce could sneak into round 1? Yea, no.

We'll see what happens with work outs and such, but i wouldn't hold your breath.  

I am getting the threads mixed up. The other Mahomes thread is where the discussion was around late first to early second. 

Weren't the Bryce Petty potential first round pick had he come out a year earlier than actual? 

Just now, Stark said:

I am getting the threads mixed up. The other Mahomes thread is where the discussion was around late first to early second. 

Weren't the Bryce Petty potential first round pick had he come out a year earlier than actual? 

I don't think so?... Every year there's a couple QBs who suddenly "appear to be ascending into the early 2nd, late 1st", but that's rarely true. Bryce, Ryan Nassib, Dak Prescott, Hundley, Tom Savage, etc... it's all smoke and mirrors, and draftnik community buzz driven. 

38 minutes ago, Paradis said:
40 minutes ago, Paradis said:

And i love the use of Lynch as some of kind of hook to hang your lantern on. Clearly the guy is a bust, i mean clearly. Especially when he played 3 games and won 1. What a loser. What was Denver thinking drafting this guy out of Fuentes' system at Memphis? He should have been able to master the NFL game by last august

What an indictment. 

We have enough opposing views to debate/argue about without the need to put words in the other's mouth.  I'm certainly not a Lynch fan but I did not call Lynch a bust.  Often times a prospect's NFL success has just as much to do with where he is drafted as it does his own actions.  Lynch was drafted into one of the best situation out of all the QBs.  He'd have to be aggressively bad to not have at least some moderate success;  he'd almost have to work towards it.   He has enough talent to be an average to better than average QB under the right tutelage. 

Since you have him as your avatar, I inferred he must have been you favorite QB prospect from the 2016 draft.  Your subsequent comments have pretty much confirmed my presumption.  I pretty much know from jump that I'm not going to see the same things on film with anyone who would have Lynch as their favorite QB prospect from that draft.

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You wanna know the difference between Lynch and Mahomes, champ? Go watch some memphis games from 2015, then watch Mahomes... watch what happens when the first read isn't there. It's night and day; Lynch > Mahomes and it's not even close. 

Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lynch

6 minutes ago, legler82 said:

We have enough opposing views to debate/argue about without the need to put words in the other's mouth.  I'm certainly not a Lynch fan but I did not call Lynch a bust.  Often times a prospect's NFL success has just as much to do with where he is drafted as it does his own actions.  Lynch was drafted into one of the best situation out of all the QBs.  He'd have to be aggressively bad to not have at least some moderate success;  he'd almost have to work towards it.   He has enough talent to be an average to better than average QB under the right tutelage. 

Since you have him as your avatar, I inferred he must have been you favorite QB prospect from the 2016 draft.  You subsequent comments have pretty much confirmed my presumption.  I pretty much know from jump that I'm not going to see the same things on film with anyone who would have Lynch as their favorite QB prospect from that draft.

It's ok you don't have to agree with me. In fact life's boring when everyone agrees with everyone in here. You love Mahomes - good for you. I loved Brandon Bridge... it didn't work out. I understand why though, and it was the same reasons he wasn't viewed as a top prospect at hte position... but i do have to voice my disagreement when you start throwing Stafford's name around and talking like Mahomes has shown an downfield NFL game. That's just not accurate *pun*

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What an indictment. 

Speaking of Fuentes, I think his latest creation, Jerod Evans, may be better than Lynch.  Still need to watch more games to decide for sure.

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It's ok you don't have to agree with me. In fact life's boring when everyone agrees with everyone in here. You love Mahomes - good for you. I loved Brandon Bridge... it didn't work out. I understand why though, and it was the same reasons he wasn't viewed as a top prospect at hte position... but i do have to voice my disagreement when you start throwing Stafford's name around and talking like Mahomes has shown an downfield NFL game. That's just not accurate *pun*

Stafford played in the SEC in a pro-style offense so he at this point was light years ahead of Mahomes.  The Stafford comp is strictly with regards "arm talent".  RIF (Reading Is Fundamental) This now marks the 3rd time you've misrepresented someone's position.

7 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lynch

I don't think you needed that many to get your opinion across

Lynch vs Mahomes is actually a nice little case study that illustrates what NFL teams look for:

--Neither player had(have) anything resembling NFL footwork, pro-QB mechanics or ready to take on NFL defenses... their respective schemes just didn't prepare them.

--Why was Lynch always in the conversation as a 1st round pick? cause he made NFL throws. He drove the ball into windows that NFL QBs do. his touch, ball placement, anticipation, and ability to find the coverage he wanted made him that pick. Right or wrong that's why. 

--Mahomes has shown little in that department.. He doesn't put the ball in NFL places, at NFL speeds, against NFL defenders. He just doesn't, and that's why he's been a middle round guy, and he'll probably continue to be in that conversation. 

You can bark up a storm all you want, but those are the facts and the reason why Lynch was always in the conversation that Mahomes hasn't been a part of.

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

This now marks the 3rd time you've misrepresented someone's position.

Hold on cowboy, i'm not misrepresenting sh*t. You mentioned stafford, arm talent and mahomes in one long diatribe. That fcking happened. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Hold on cowboy, i'm not misrepresenting sh*t. You mentioned stafford, arm talent and mahomes in one long diatribe. That fcking happened. 

I'm more indian than cowboy.  So you are telling me that the bold below was too long of a sentence for you?

Ugh where to begin?  You are right, athletic QBs with an arm are a dime a dozen in college but the poster you responded referenced "arm talent".  Having an arm relates to arm strength while arm talent includes but is not limited to strength, touch, velocity, accuracy, the ability to throw from various platforms...etc.  So he doesn't belong on the list because as the poster said NONE of them possess the kind of ARM TALENT Mahomes is blessed with.  Mahomes has Cutler, Stafford, Favre, Jeff George type of arm talent.  The Jets and the other QB needy teams in the NFL wish those types talents were a dime a dozen.  Besides confusing arm talent with arm strength, everything else you wrote about Mahomes is wrong and the complete opposite of what he's shown on tape.  He has shown the ability to operate in the pocket, read defenses, feel pressure. I'll add to that he's always keeping his eyes downfield even when he escapes the pocket, probably his best quality and the reason why he makes so many big plays a la Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers.

Based on your post, I'm afraid that you are more of a project as a poster than Mahomes is a QB.

13 hours ago, Paradis said:

You obviously haven't watched one minute of tape on Mahomes, and are just basing what he can, and can't do on the offensive system he played in.  After reading this post you officially lost all credibility in evaluating a QB, he has the best anticipation in this draft watch the tape, he checks out of plays at the line of scrimmage watch the tape, he scans the field NOT locking in on just his first read when covered watch the tape, he also looks off defenders, and makes no look passes to free up his WR's to gain huge YAC watch the tape.

Stop spewing Graham Harrell's scouting report, and the air raids offensive philosophies, and assuming that Mahomes is just a Harrell clone without watching the tape, your really coming off foolish.

Archived