The St. Louis Jets?

UnitedWhofans

3 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

I know it seems unlikely since the Jets are an established team with no attendance or revenue problems.  But with the jets gone, the NFL could put an expansion team in NY with the owners pocketing incredibly big money.  Nothing, no matter how absurd, would surprise me these days.

I would waver on calling them established. They don't have their own stadium, their games are amongst the least watched in the NFL, there is no singular rooting community for them (an area that is majorly Jets territory), and they have an owner who will probably be living an ocean away.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be so depressing if this team moved to St. Louis! :( I doubt it's true but it would make some sense since there is already a stadium there.. but still I just can't see it.

I can see the Jaguars franchise doing this but I think London would be more attractive than St. Louis..  anyway I'm sick of these NFL teams moving. :( 

Forbes has the Jets value listed at 2.75 billion right now. They are the 7th highest NFL franchise. If someone bought them at NY Prices and moved them to a former failed football city in the middle of the country that owner would lose like 700 million right away in value.

People that are good with money, usually aren't bad with money.

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would waver on calling them established. They don't have their own stadium, their games are amongst the least watched in the NFL, there is no singular rooting community for them (an area that is majorly Jets territory), and they have an owner who will probably be living an ocean away.

Where do you live? Because it must not be here.

This is the one of the worst posts I have seen on this board. I want to say that you are a parody account, but I fear that you aren't.

Frankly, I'd welcome it. It's just a logo. A change like this with an expansion team could mean I could potentially move on to a legitimate franchise for a change.

However, it makes no logical sense. If the Busch family desires a team in St. Louis and the league plans to expand 4 more teams (which includes a backfill in NY), the Busch family could just acquire one of the new franchises for significantly less money and no lease at the air conditioner to break.

Has anyone actually been to St. Louis, Missouri recently? 

Kansas City supports their team through rabid turnout of SEC types

but STL the city is absolutely screwed. And Missouri the state can't really support two NFL teams. 

If they did move, London would be more likely. The city is rich as sh*t, it's a relatively untapped market and Woody's UK ambassadorship synergizes neatly with that possibility. 

But either way a move is not likely as the Jets are the 5th most valuable team in the league, despite their recent losing streak. The team has tripled in value since Woody bought it. 

They still sell out tons of seats and sell tons of merch, despite being awful. It's a money machine and Woody should be pleased as punch. 

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have family in St.Louis my dad grew up there, this will be it for me and this will happen in my backyard with all my Jets merchandise. 

Image result for ny jets dumpster fire

What are the odds you end up burning your house down in the process?

Whatever they are, I'll take them.

Just now, Maxman said:

Where do you live? Because it must not be here.

This is the one of the worst posts I have seen on this board. I want to say that you are a parody account, but I fear that you aren't.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/the-six-nfl-teams-that-drew-the-least-nationally-are-all-from-the-afc.html

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2014/09/the-geography-of-nfl-fandom/379729/

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

but STL the city is absolutely screwed. And Missouri the state can't really support two NFL teams. 

If they did move, London would be more likely. The city is rich as sh*t, it's a relatively untapped market and Woody's UK ambassadorship synergizes neatly with that possibility. 

But either way a move is not likely as the Jets are the 5th most valuable team in the league, despite their recent losing streak. The team has tripled in value since Woody bought it. 

They still sell out tons of seats and sell tons of merch, despite being awful. It's a money machine and Woody should be pleased as punch. 

If you can sell them a winner. 

Sell the hope. 

I say it all the time, it's a brilliant business model... regardless of how it manipulates fans and asks them to invest against their own best interests.

38 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I run one of the largest NFL Fans sites and you are going to try and educate me on where Jets fans live? Guess what I know where they live and there are tons of them in this area.

Your first post remains bad. The Jets are an established team. It was just a bad post. Shake it off and move on.

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's a bingo

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

This would be fantastic! I could finally be free from this awful franchise.

I'm with you, could give a $hit less right now. Having said that, I believe the NFL is done forever in STL. They had 2 teams, they lost 2 lost teams, as LA will by the way.

More chance of the Jets moving to London than STL I believe, zero chance for both, buuuuut....

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Forbes has the Jets value listed at 2.75 billion right now. They are the 7th highest NFL franchise. If someone bought them at NY Prices and moved them to a former failed football city in the middle of the country that owner would lose like 700 million right away in value.

People that are good with money, usually aren't bad with money.

The Busch family has also sold the Cardinals to new owners  about a decade ago  and Anheuser Busch to Imbev about 5 years ago. Why are they now jumping back into this? They're down to the amusement parks (which are very successful) and Seaworld (which is in rough times since "Blackfish").The NFL is not expanding 4 teams all at once, if at all.  This is a story only in the fevered minds of idiots. 

Carton should go back to proposing the Knicks trade 4 to 5 worthless players for Lebron James. It would be more plausible. 

WHAT F___ING NONSENSE. STOP.This could be UWF's most embarrassing post yet, which is saying something. proves he knows less about finance and business than he does about football.. 

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

This would be fantastic! I could finally be free from this awful franchise.

It would be horrible and depressing, if you hate them than root for someone else.  I've had season tickets since 1978 and I enjoy going to their games as frustrating as it is some seasons.  To root for them to move is idiotic.

:o   This would just be frosting on the cake. After all the BS we've gone thru since 68 this would be the ultimate slap in the face.

That being said I find it impossible that the NFL would let that happen. Maybe someone in St. Louis got a hold of some bad weed or something.

22 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The Busch family has also sold the Cardinals to new owners  about a decade ago  and Anheuser Busch to Imbev about 5 years ago. Why are they now jumping back into this? They're down to the amusement parks (which are very successful) and Seaworld (which is in rough times since "Blackfish").The NFL is not expanding 4 teams all at once, if at all.  This is a story only in the fevered minds of idiots. 

Carton should go back to proposing the Knicks trade 4 to 5 worthless players for Lebron James. It would be more plausible. 

WHAT F___ING NONSENSE. STOP.This could be UWF's most embarrassing post yet, which is saying something. proves he knows less about finance and business than he does about football.. 

I don't think that it was really true. I just wanted to run it up the flagpole. Jeez.

Archived