Raiders Officially filing papers to move to Las Vegas

JetsFanatic

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

photo CEA55F21-CE48-4B95-A78C-A07B08AF0F97_zpsychkzndr.jpg

I was just in Vegas last week for CES, my company booked late and wound up at the Monte Carlo.  This was the view from my window, it's the new T-Mobile Arena, home of the Las Vegas Knights of the NHL.  It's literally a 3 minute walk from the New York New York, 2 minutes from the Monte Carlo, 5 minutes from the Bellagio, 10 minutes from Caesar's Palace.  It's on the strip.  Every game will have 15,000 people, easy.  Even if you're not an NHL fan, it sure as hell beats Cher.

Believe it or not, it may actually be cheaper for me to fly with my son to Vegas to see a Rangers game in a decent seat than to stay here and see it in Manhattan.  It's $700 just for good Rangers tickets, add to it parking, tolls, it's got to be pretty close with flights as cheap as they are right now.

SAR I

You can buy decent seats for the Rangers for about $90, and the subway leaves you right there. 

49 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You can buy decent seats for the Rangers for about $90, and the subway leaves you right there. 

Just checked Stubhub for the next weekend game in the high-row 100's which we like and they are around $250-300 each.  If it were a night game against a division rival, would be $350+

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just checked Stubhub for the next weekend game in the high-row 100's which we like and they are around $250-300 each.  If it were a night game against a division rival, would be $350+

SAR I

If being on the glass matters to you, yes. But you can get decent seats a bit upstairs for way less. The end seats at the top of the 200s or the bridge are way more reasonable, good views, some seats even have HDTVs in front of you, lots of easy access to decent food and bathrooms, easy in and out-unlike, say, Metlife Stadium. Plus you are in midtown, so you can go dinner before or after in a good restaurant in almost any price range. Heck, the gyro place on 7th across the street is great. 

Living out west - Raiders will make some serious money there.. there's quite a few Raider fans in Nevada/Utah and the inter-mountain west.  My neighbor and a few coworkers I know are really excited about the possibility of driving to Las Vegas now (5~6 hour drive..).  Plus there's the strip.. gambling..constant flow of tourists from overseas.. 

It'll make money.. the Las Vegas I understand.. two teams in LA I don't.. *shrugs*.  It does get 120F in the summer/fall so there's no way I'm going to a football stadium unless it's indoors and has A/C running...but a late winter game down there sounds really nice. 

"Raiders owner Mark Davis says he wants a domed stadium that seats at least 65,000 people.  Committee members were informed it will cost between $1.7 and $2.1 billion."

MetLife Stadium cost $1.6 Billion. 

Remember that the next time someone says the Woody Johnson was ripped off.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

it is 120 degrees in fall and winter football season?

It can absolutely get to those temps in August during preseason. And I have to assume they'll try to figure out something with scheduling in early September because they have had heat waves upwards of 108-9 before at that time of year. Maybe night games or away games to start the season? Who knows.

Been there a few times in those temps and while it's a dry heat and you can certainly be outside at the pools, sitting outside at a football game would be brutal and probably not doable.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It can absolutely get to those temps in August during preseason. And I have to assume they'll try to figure out something with scheduling in early September because they have had heat waves upwards of 108-9 before at that time of year. Maybe night games or away games to start the season? Who knows.

Been there a few times in those temps and while it's a dry heat and you can certainly be outside at the pools, sitting outside at a football game would be brutal.

295298C7-A21E-49DA-A728-3CD7A257B6B4_zps

The proposed stadium would have a dome.

Location is still very much up in the air.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, that's where it's rendered but no decision has been made. Walking distance to the strip is a big must IMHO, I've been to Vegas about 40 times never rented a car once. 

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/9-locations-discussed-as-potential-football-stadium-sites/504974836

SAR I

Don't see how it wouldn't be. Zero chance Adelson and Wynn let that thing be anywhere else.

Archived