Cimini expects Jets to target Glennon

AFJF

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd rather this happen to be honest.  Glennon may be an upgrade but I don't think he is a super strong starter.  Cutler might be had for less term.  I know most people on here hate Cutler but I'd rather have him than overpay over committ to glennon.

Cutler you can get on a one year deal but who knows how his arm strength is after getting surgery on his throwing shoulder 

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And given you have absolutely no idea what Hack will or will not be when given the chance you're pretty much talking out of your ass

Well Hacks been making me eat crow with that gaudy 39% completion percentage against PS guys in our practices

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And given you have absolutely no idea what Hack will or will not be when given the chance you're pretty much talking out of your ass

Hackenberg was so bad he couldn't even get on the field with the worst QB's in the NFL in front of him on the depth chart. 

34 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Looks it's an NFL rule, all Jets second round picks must bust. Although I think we are trying to work on that with 1st round now. AKA the Phantom attacker #TinyLinbacker

To be fair if Macc knew Fitz was going to be that bad, and Hack was the reach of the decade Glennon may be a Jet already.

I'm just going to shack my head in April, as we pass on the Monster Running back, and Wide Receiver. Then Draft another Corner. 

Look you know we're passing on a litany of great offensive and defensive players for the next mediocre Jet First Round pick Safety, CB or LB

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Hackenberg was so bad he couldn't even get on the field with the worst QB's in the NFL in front of him on the depth chart. 

And that is as wrong as it gets.  

But keep ignoring the facts and making them up 

53 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'm not sure if Macc drafting Hack was due to outside pressure from the people you mentioned above but I do know that taking Hack in the 2nd round was truly ridiculous. 

We might as well have given the Bucs that pick for Glennon, Atleast we would have avoided what we ultimately got with Fitz.

Hack would have been there in the 3rd/4th round. We continue to treat 2nd round picks with little value or drafting players that are injury prone

Funny thing is, if the Jets to ultimately ink Glennon, they indirectly paid that extra $12M to Hackenberg. Had they used that money on Glennon last year (instead of this year) they wouldn't have also paid $12M to Fitzpatrick. But because Hackenberg was so unusable, months after drafting him they therefore still paid all that for 1 season of Fitzpatrick. 

Also no doubt with the reach factor. If someone else takes him after us in round 2, or at the top of round 3, let them. You don't massively reach for a player for fear of someone else massively reaching just-after of you.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Funny thing is, if the Jets to ultimately ink Glennon, they indirectly paid that extra $12M to Hackenberg. Had they used that money on Glennon last year (instead of this year) they wouldn't have also paid $12M to Fitzpatrick. But because Hackenberg was so unusable, months after drafting him they therefore still paid all that for 1 season of Fitzpatrick. 

Also no doubt with the reach factor. If someone else takes him after us in round 2, or at the top of round 3, let them. You don't massively reach for a player for fear of someone else massively reaching just-after of you.

Only thing Mac didn't do wrong with our Qb situation last year was give Fitz a long term deal -- that and draft Paxton Lynch

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

Oh I forgot Fitz played like an all-pro this year followed by Geno and Petty impressing everyone

No he's convinced that despite the Jets giving Hackenberg a chance to dress, via a competition with Petty, and despite Maccagnan declining to find someone else to sub in to make sure he stayed redshirted (following a Fitz demotion and Geno on IR), there is this belief that the Jets would have refused to allow Hackenberg to see the field even if he wasn't bad. 

It's so ridiculous I'd say I don't have the words (but for the fact that I always find words, and lots of them).

Just now, thadude said:

Only thing Mac didn't do wrong with our Qb situation last year was give Fitz a long term deal -- that and draft Paxton Lynch

Well it wasn't for his lack of desire to do so. He wanted to guarantee Fitz 2 years. The Harvard economics major said no to another $6M that, given the Jets' fruitless QB searches, may have turned into still more than that. 

3 hours ago, thadude said:

Cutler you can get on a one year deal but who knows how his arm strength is after getting surgery on his throwing shoulder 

Also why in the world would we get Cutler a guy who disappointed his own team, is hated by players, is aloof to the players around him and an all around nasty guy as the leader of the team.

Attitudes by key players hurt your team... (See Richardson!!!!)

So NO i don't want him on the team.....

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Facts are what they are anyway you choose to spin them. 

Spin? 

You mean what you do every time you say he wasn't good enough to play? 

He was drafted as the 4th QB.  He didn't practice, wasn't being groomed to play last year, the plan was to sit all season.

You want to rewrite that after the fact, spin it to for your story.   You're the one changing fact. 

12 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No he's convinced that despite the Jets giving Hackenberg a chance to dress, via a competition with Petty, and despite Maccagnan declining to find someone else to sub in to make sure he stayed redshirted (following a Fitz demotion and Geno on IR), there is this belief that the Jets would have refused to allow Hackenberg to see the field even if he wasn't bad. 

It's so ridiculous I'd say I don't have the words (but for the fact that I always find words, and lots of them).

There's nothing rediculous about it.  Just that some refuse to listen to what was said all year.  

can we stop with these dumb moves glennon is not the ******* answer jesus as long as the jets draft fournette or cook ill be hap wait we r the jets we will draft an ohio st saftey that will not make any impact if he does it wont change much 

this is my last year I cant watch a team be so dumb we need a franchise qb we draft one unless u pass for a guy who could excite the fans who grades out better then elliot did who is a freak and could be a star for us but nope we will swing and miss again

glennon just doesnt solve anything but you put fournette behind him and sign some ppl as long as its a prove it short contract ill be happy 

deshaun or kizer to me could instantly change r culture but nope thats not the jets way I would love to have a wentz right now I think deshaun is gonna be like a mariotta kinda russel wilson type he is a big time qb it will haunt us to pass him on to buffalo but the answer if we dont get wentz is so clear and I think would be easy to do the only free agent that we should consider is tyrod taylor he got a raw deal in Buffalo he can be  dynamic with fournette in the backfield with him and he can buy us time till next years draft or whenever we decide to join the rest of the nfl and get a franchise qb

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There's nothing rediculous about it.  Just that some refuse to listen to what was said all year.  

It is ridiculous. You are seeing what you want to see and nothing more. No one on the team "all year" ever said what you are claiming. Nobody said this was going to be a redshirt year. Nobody said that, no matter what, Hackenberg would never see the field - or even suit up - this year. It's bull***t. You made it up as an excuse for poor results.

Todd Bowles: Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg could play before Jets are out of playoff race (October 26, 2016)

Why was Hackenberg given the opportunity, in October, to suit up every remaining game as the #2 QB - and given 1st team reps at that time - if they were determined to redshirt him no matter what?

If you want to make up a cop out excuse by blaming that on Bowles, why didn't Maccagnan get around that himself & find a roster replacement for Geno when he went on IR in October? The trade deadline had not yet passed.

Talk about those who close their eyes & stick their fingers in their ears & refuse to accept events as they actually happened. Just as you refused to accept all your teachers and computer spellchecks telling you how to properly spell ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It is ridiculous. You are seeing what you want to see and nothing more. No one on the team "all year" ever said what you are claiming. Nobody said this was going to be a redshirt year. Nobody said that, no matter what, Hackenberg would never see the field - or even suit up - this year. It's bull***t. You made it up as an excuse for poor results.

Todd Bowles: Bryce Petty, Christian Hackenberg could play before Jets are out of playoff race (October 26, 2016)

Why was Hackenberg given the opportunity, in October, to suit up every remaining game as the #2 QB - and given 1st team reps at that time - if they were determined to redshirt him no matter what?

If you want to make up a cop out excuse by blaming that on Bowles, why didn't Maccagnan get around that himself & find a roster replacement for Geno when he went on IR in October? The trade deadline had not yet passed.

Talk about those who close their eyes & stick their fingers in their ears & refuse to accept events as they actually happened. Just as you refused to accept all your teachers and computer spellchecks telling you how to properly spell ridiculous.

No one said he would be red shirted?  Then you missed that it was said all year.  That they had a plan and stuck with it.  

Look im done with this.  You have an idea and will look for anything to fill it.  You turned at some point and went with the he sucks so much that even with garbage in front of him him couldn't play theory.  As if what Fitz or the others did last year changes whether he was ready to play or not.  A handful of practices and let's throw the kid into a game?  Why?  What would that have done for him?  Not a thing.

sorry I see what they did, not all do.  Funny, I remember all the internet QB coaches who used to carry on that Sanchez and later Geno were given jobs when they weren't ready, without earning it made mgt dumb.  Now it's been flipped.  It's what fans do.  And nothing is due to a typo.  

20 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or Hackenberg didn't get the amount reps needed for them to feel comfortable inserting him into a game unless they absolutely had to.

20 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sperm what your saying is so obviously true.

17 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Also why in the world would we get Cutler a guy who disappointed his own team, is hated by players, is aloof to the players around him and an all around nasty guy as the leader of the team.

Attitudes by key players hurt your team... (See Richardson!!!!)

So NO i don't want him on the team.....

Never said I wanted Cutler.  I just think he's the guy we end up with because Glennon will go to AZ or Denver and Tyrod Taylor stays with the bills on a restructured contract

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No one said he would be red shirted?  Then you missed that it was said all year.  That they had a plan and stuck with it.  

Look im done with this.  You have an idea and will look for anything to fill it.  You turned at some point and went with the he sucks so much that even with garbage in front of him him couldn't play theory.  As if what Fitz or the others did last year changes whether he was ready to play or not.  A handful of practices and let's throw the kid into a game?  Why?  What would that have done for him?  Not a thing.

sorry I see what they did, not all do.  Funny, I remember all the internet QB coaches who used to carry on that Sanchez and later Geno were given jobs when they weren't ready, without earning it made mgt dumb.  Now it's been flipped.  It's what fans do.  And nothing is due to a typo.  

So in other words, you have no response to explain the facts that actually occurred (namely, that they gave him an opportunity to play as a rookie, to the point of giving him 1st team reps in October). 

You are dodging because those facts fly in the face with your baseless claim that the team announced Hackenberg would be red shirted all season long. Find me multiple team representatives saying so; should be simple if they said it "all year" long. 

31 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Or Hackenberg didn't get the amount reps needed for them to feel comfortable inserting him into a game unless they absolutely had to.

I don't think they felt "comfortable" with either one. Petty had how many recent reps himself? He was off the active roster (i.e. not allowed to practice with the team, which means he had fewer reps than Hackenberg) for almost 2 months after that preseason game injury.

They gave both young QBs 1st team reps after Geno went on IR because both were being given a chance to dress. Bowles himself said, in October, he wouldn't rule out Hackenberg playing in live action before the team was eliminated. A head coach doesn't say such things about a player if the team truly said "all year" (as I'm being told) they were only going to redshirt him for the entire season. 

28 minutes ago, thadude said:

Never said I wanted Cutler.  I just think he's the guy we end up with because Glennon will go to AZ or Denver and Tyrod Taylor stays with the bills on a restructured contract

I think Cutler ends up in AZ with Ariens. Denver is in a spot very similar to the Jets, really. They have Lynch as last year's #1, Simien looks like a backup, at best. If you bring in Glennon, you are committing to him for 3-4 years, at least, which is going to push Lynch to the bench. I can't see Elway banishing the kid after he was rushed into playing before he was ready.  I think there may not be as big a market for this Glennon guy as people think. I also agree with you that Taylor stays put. He is the least of the Bill's problems.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So in other words, you have no response to explain the facts that actually occurred (namely, that they gave him an opportunity to play as a rookie, to the point of giving him 1st team reps in October). 

You are dodging because those facts fly in the face with your baseless claim that the team announced Hackenberg would be red shirted all season long. Find me multiple team representatives saying so; should be simple if they said it "all year" long. 

Man this is like smashing your head into a wall.  The plan from day one was he wasn't playing in 2016.  They stuck with their plan.  He wasn't ever given the opportunity to start or play.  Never.   No one dodging that fact on this end.  To argue against that fact is though.  That you refuse to see it is on you, not others.  You're pitching the story that Macc is clueless, that he screwed up and Hack sucks.  Fine, time will tell but rewriting history to make your argument isn't the way to go here.

Why would any sane Jets fan advocate for paying a #2 from Tampa Bay $30+ million dollars guaranteed, just to extend this era of mediocrity? Why the fck would any of you commit to Matt Schaub for the next 2-3 years over finally sucking enough to draft a #1 QB.

@AFJF you too often seem to be at the center of this QB lunacy. Loved your Fitz, now you love your Glennon... what's next? Trading for Matt Barkley? 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Man this is like smashing your head into a wall.  The plan from day one was he wasn't playing in 2016.  They stuck with their plan.  He wasn't ever given the opportunity to start or play.  Never.   No one dodging that fact on this end.  To argue against that fact is though.  That you refuse to see it is on you, not others.  You're pitching the story that Macc is clueless, that he screwed up and Hack sucks.  Fine, time will tell but rewriting history to make your argument isn't the way to go here.

Lol the plan from day 1 was also for the Jets to win the Super Bowl. Now that we have fantasy out of the way, we can get back to discussing reality.

He was absolutely given the opportunity to play and to start. That is what was going on when Bowles allowed him to duke it out with Petty, with Petty prevailing. Bowles would not rule out Hackenberg starting before the Jets were eliminated. What ruled that out was Hackenberg's play, since the opportunity was most definitely there with Fitz's play, Geno's injury, and Petty being far from special himself.

Hackenberg losing a competition does not therefore mean he was given no opportunity to win a competition. That is rewriting history to make the results fit your premise.

Come on. You can't possibly believe what you're shoveling.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Why would any sane Jets fan advocate for paying a #2 from Tampa Bay $30+ million dollars guaranteed, just to extend this era of mediocrity? Why the fck would any of you commit to Matt Schaub for the next 2-3 years over finally sucking enough to draft a #1 QB.

@AFJF you too often seem to be at the center of this QB lunacy. Loved your Fitz, now you love your Glennon... what's next? Trading for Matt Barkley? 

Hmm....

13 hours ago, section314 said:

I think Cutler ends up in AZ with Ariens. Denver is in a spot very similar to the Jets, really. They have Lynch as last year's #1, Simien looks like a backup, at best. If you bring in Glennon, you are committing to him for 3-4 years, at least, which is going to push Lynch to the bench. I can't see Elway banishing the kid after he was rushed into playing before he was ready.  I think there may not be as big a market for this Glennon guy as people think. I also agree with you that Taylor stays put. He is the least of the Bill's problems.

Lynch looked awful last year.  Elway is not stupid he won't do what the jets do and stuck with an obvious dud at QB just because he's a high draft pick

The Broncos aren't looking at Romo because they were impressed by Paxton Lynch

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Glennon can actually read a defense and throw farther than 5 yards so he has those 2 things over Fitz

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Lol the plan from day 1 was also for the Jets to win the Super Bowl. Now that we have fantasy out of the way, we can get back to discussing reality.

He was absolutely given the opportunity to play and to start. That is what was going on when Bowles allowed him to duke it out with Petty, with Petty prevailing. Bowles would not rule out Hackenberg starting before the Jets were eliminated. What ruled that out was Hackenberg's play, since the opportunity was most definitely there with Fitz's play, Geno's injury, and Petty being far from special himself.

Hackenberg losing a competition does not therefore mean he was given no opportunity to win a competition. That is rewriting history to make the results fit your premise.

Come on. You can't possibly believe what you're shoveling.

Hackenberg was given the opportunity to play and start?  He ducked it out with Petty?  Petty prevailed.  And Bowles ruled Hack out due to his play?  Oh wait, that's one of your logical deductions based on, ugh, nothing more than a guess.  Like the nonsense that he lost a QB competition.  

It's like talking about the Jets QB situation with a Browns fan.

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/02/afc-east-notes-jets-daniel-dolphins

AFC East Notes: Jets, Daniel, Dolphins

Jets head coach Todd Bowles loves the potential of pending free agent quarterback Mike Glennon, a team source tells Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. That jibes with “word on the street” from one month ago which indicated that the Jets will pursue the Bucs QB. Vacchiano adds that GM Mike Maccagnan inquired about trading for Glennon two years ago before the Jets got Ryan Fitzpatrick. The Jets’ interest in Glennon seems pretty certain, but it’s not clear if they’ll be able to sign him given their tight cap situation.

• Lots of names have been floated around as the Jets search for a quarterback, but Connor Hughes of NJ.com proposes a new one: Chase Daniel. The Eagles signal caller isn’t the sexiest choice out there, but he spent four years playing for Sean Payton in New Orleans and John Morton spent two years as the Saints’ receivers coach. The two never overlapped, but Morton is expected to build a West Coast offense influenced by his time in New Orleans, so Daniel wouldn’t have much of a learning curve. On the flipside, the Eagles like having Daniel as a mentor and backup for Carson Wentz and prying him away might require an overpay on the part of the Jets.
  • The Patriots are on top of the world, but the Dolphins can take steps to help close the gap in 2017, James Walker of ESPN.com writes. One way they can lift themselves up in the AFC East would be to add speed across the board this offseason, Walker argues. After watching the Falcons use their speed to jump out to a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl, he wants Miami to get turbo power in areas such as linebacker, safety, tight end, defensive end, and running back.
  • The Patriots are interested in re-signing wide receiver Michael Floyd, even though he was not activated for the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Hackenberg was given the opportunity to play and start?  He ducked it out with Petty?  Petty prevailed.  And Bowles ruled Hack out due to his play?  Oh wait, that's one of your logical deductions based on, ugh, nothing more than a guess.  Like the nonsense that he lost a QB competition.  

No, I provided you links and quotes from Bowles, describing actual events that really happened. This trumps your imagination of what didn't happen.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz/Geno/Petty all sucked terribly last season.  2 of those 3 had season ending injuries.  The fact that Hack couldn't even see the field with that dumpster fire above him on the depth chart speaks volumes

Sorry

Archived