Cimini expects Jets to target Glennon

AFJF

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Once again you miss the point.  I didn't bring this up a month after it was over.  But hey, feel free to jump in for WF

I didn't miss the point. You have thin skin, and it makes me laugh. That's the point.

I think the first few days of free agency will be very telling for us. If we go after a qb, any qb hard we probably won't be looking to draft one. If we don't go for a qb we are probably drafting one at 6 which would be tragic.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

You've been proven wrong. I gave lots of repots all saying you are.  Others know what was said and agree but somehow you'll still insist that I'm wrong and no one said what Thes papers reported.  
Time to move on, your opinion is more important than fact apparently.  You are never wrong even when proven you are.  Quotes from Bowles in September?  Not enough proof, no one said it.  Your last paragraph is telling.    You just like to argue

he's just trolling you ... everyone knows last year was a red shirt year for Hack.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 hours ago, C Mart said:

Alex Marvez‏ @alexmarvez 

Jason Licht: @TBBuccaneers offered Mike Glennon contract extension "quite a while ago." Expects Mike 2 test UFA market but door not closed

The funny thing about this is that we often hear "If Glennon is so good then why is he benched", which is a valid question for people who may not not know much about him. However, a question or questions that should be asked are "Why didnt Jason Licht trade Glennon when he had the opportunity, and why is this GM doing everything in his power to keep Mike Glennon?". 

When's the last time you've seen a back up get this much love? And im not talking about just talk (Jimmy Garappolo). Licht had a legit opportunity to trade Glennon and acquire talent/picks to use and put around his starter, but he decided to stay with his back up. He then tries to extend Glennon, something that Glennon declined. And at this point we cant say that its Licht talking up Glennon trying to make a market for him given that Glennon is now a free agent and the Bucs arent getting anything in return for Glennon. 

11 hours ago, thadude said:

Because he's a good qb and we haven't had one since 1998

If he's good then why did they draft another qb? Not looking to start a war with the glennon crowd, I just don't see the same thing. He might be good and he might be what the bucs think he is, a backup. Is that worth a big money deal? I'm not sure

2 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

If he's good then why did they draft another qb? Not looking to start a war with the glennon crowd, I just don't see the same thing. He might be good and he might be what the bucs think he is, a backup. Is that worth a big money deal? I'm not sure

Because they had the chance to draft the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. Glennon can be a top 15 QB. A solid starter. You can build around him, and you can win with him. 

That said, Winston can potentially be elite. Unless you already have a top 5 QB, you don't trade away an opportunity to get that type of player at the position.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The funny thing about this is that we often hear "If Glennon is so good then why is he benched", which is a valid question for people who may not not know much about him. However, a question or questions that should be asked are "Why didnt Jason Licht trade Glennon when he had the opportunity, and why is this GM doing everything in his power to keep Mike Glennon?". 

When's the last time you've seen a back up get this much love? And im not talking about just talk (Jimmy Garappolo). Licht had a legit opportunity to trade Glennon and acquire talent/picks to use and put around his starter, but he decided to stay with his back up. He then tries to extend Glennon, something that Glennon declined. And at this point we cant say that its Licht talking up Glennon trying to make a market for him given that Glennon is now a free agent and the Bucs arent getting anything in return for Glennon. 

Not exactly.  The higher the salary that Glennon gets as an UFA, the better the 2018 comp pick that Tampa Bay can get in return.  Of course he is talking him up.  

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

If I recall, you've said 12 million a season was your maximum.

The media is now reporting/rumouring numbers north of 15 million/year.

So I presume you no longer support a Glennon acquisition now if that is the price point?

As for the last time we saw this kind of media rumor mongering for a backup QB, Scott Mitchell would be a good example.  But frankly, in a QB starved league, somebody gets hyped every year.  Last year was Brock, for example, who wasn't much more than a backup QB at that point, with similar resume to Glennon.

2 hours ago, NYJ37/12 said:

If he's good then why did they draft another qb? 

Because Jameis Winston was the best qb prospect since Andrew Luck -- maybe better

There is no "Glennon crowd".  Most of the posters have made it clear how much they know about the qb position that's how Paxton Lynch became Marino 2.0 when we passed on him last year and Hackenberg is considered a future franchise qb here

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So I presume you no longer support a Glennon acquisition now if that is the price point?

As for the last time we saw this kind of media rumor mongering for a backup QB, Scott Mitchell would be a good example.  But frankly, in a QB starved league, somebody gets hyped every year.  Last year was Brock, for example, who wasn't much more than a backup QB at that point, with similar resume to Glennon.

And we're paying a JAG interior DL $18 million next season.  

We currently have $39 million in cap room we can afford Glennon

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Because they had the chance to draft the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. Glennon can be a top 15 QB. A solid starter. You can build around him, and you can win with him. 

That said, Winston can potentially be elite. Unless you already have a top 5 QB, you don't trade away an opportunity to get that type of player at the position.

If they sign him I hope you're right

4 minutes ago, thadude said:

Because Jameis Winston was the best qb prospect since Andrew Luck -- maybe better

There is no "Glennon crowd".  Most of the posters have made it clear how much they know about the qb position that's how Paxton Lynch became Marino 2.0 when we passed on him last year and Hackenberg is considered a future franchise qb here

Winston is not better than Luck, better team though. There is a Glennon crowd. If the Jets decide to sign him, I would be thrilled to see him do well. Nothing worse than spending 10 Sundays at the stadium sitting in my premium seat watching garbage football. I dont care if Mickey Mouse was the qb, just win!

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yup. 

He knew glennon was good when he drafted jameis.  Nobody i  their positii  wohld have passed on jameis.... But if he turned out to be a bust..... glennon was still there. 

Not sayi g glennon will be the best but in a good situation he might be ranked 10 to 15 range of all qbs.  Thats worth persuing imo

With this years so called weak qb class,  a third year,  underused glennon who has some starting experience and some very interesting stats might be way more valuable than watson. 

Id go:

Glennon in free agency plus that RB at #6, the best available db in the 2nd and OL in the 3rd

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

The media also said that Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mo Wilkerson was nowhere near a deal with the Jets. 

10 minutes after the media said that both guys were nowhere near an agreement the Jets signed both of them. This should give you an insight abouf how I feel about your statement above.  

You heard what I said, if I was the GM I wouldnt go past 12 million. However, if the Jets did im not suddenly going to say that I dont like Glennon because he got a paycheck. Im going to say that I believe that they paid too much but im still glad that we got him because he's better than anything else we've had on this team since Brett Favre. 

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

With this years so called weak qb class,  a third year,  underused glennon who has some starting experience and some very interesting stats might be way more valuable than watson. 

Id go:

Glennon in free agency plus that RB at #6, the best available db in the 2nd and OL in the 3rd

Replace RB at #6 with Mike Williams (dump Decker and Marshall), and I agree with you.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You heard what I said, if I was the GM I wouldnt go past 12 million. However, if the Jets did im not suddenly going to say that I dont like Glennon because he got a paycheck.

So you lied.  You're not really of the view that 12 million is your limit.  If the Jets give him 15, you'll support the move.

And you wonder why I questioned you on your bullsh*t "I would only pay 12" position.  It's because it was, and is, bullsh*t.

The Jets could pay Glennon 20 a year, and you'll still be the biggest supporter of the move on JN.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So you lied.  You're not really of the view that 12 million is your limit.  If the Jets give him 15, you'll support the move.

And you wonder why I questioned you on your bullsh*t "I would only pay 12" position.  It's because it was, and is, bullsh*t.

The Jets could pay Glennon 20 a year, and you'll still be the biggest supporter of the move on JN.

WAIT, I lied because I said the highlighted part below? I never wondered why you question me....you and a few others here are haters. I knew the answer that that already. If you cant differentiate the fact that im not the GM...and if I was the GM what I would personally do, then your perspective doesnt matter, even outside of it being from the area of hate to begin with. You can have the last word though. I'll make sure to read it then move on. 

18 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The media also said that Ryan Fitzpatrick and Mo Wilkerson was nowhere near a deal with the Jets. 

10 minutes after the media said that both guys were nowhere near an agreement the Jets signed both of them. This should give you an insight abouf how I feel about your statement above.  

You heard what I said, if I was the GM I wouldnt go past 12 million. However, if the Jets did im not suddenly going to say that I dont like Glennon because he got a paycheck. Im going to say that I believe that they paid too much but im still glad that we got him because he's better than anything else we've had on this team since Brett Favre. 

21 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Replace RB at #6 with Mike Williams (dump Decker and Marshall), and I agree with you.

If he runs what I think he will run I will not want him at 6.  

59 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Yup. 

He knew glennon was good when he drafted jameis.  Nobody i  their positii  wohld have passed on jameis.... But if he turned out to be a bust..... glennon was still there. 

Not sayi g glennon will be the best but in a good situation he might be ranked 10 to 15 range of all qbs.  Thats worth persuing imo

Ah, poor Mike Glennon passed over for the "best prospect since Luck."  You guys are hysterical.  Luck came out in 2012, Jameis in 2015.  Best prospect in 3 years?  Historic!  Better than EJ Manuel and Blake Bortles even ... Mike Glennon!  Glennon didn't just sit because they drafted Jameis.  He was also benched more than once in favor of Josh McCown. 

23 minutes ago, Warfish said:

ouch kinda harsh 

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Amazing how often you accuse people of taking tantrums.  

You should read some of yours sometime

Ape has thin skin. He likes to poke at others to see if they throw a tantrum in order for him to feel secure about his thin skin. 

I respect Ape for that though, he's atleast honest with his thin-skinness lol. :-) 

47 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

WAIT, I lied because I said the highlighted part below? I never wondered why you question me....you and a few others here are haters.

Yes, you knowingly lied.

When asked directly what your maximum was for supporting a Glennon move is, and you say specificly 12 million/year, but then later say "well, if it's 15 mil I'll still support it", it means you were completely full of poo when you aid 12 mil/year was you max.

Which I questioned at the time, and you got all offended over if you recall.    

Yet here we are.  And if we sign Glennon for 15 or 20 or 25 million a year, you're clearly going to support the move.

And no sir, I'm not a hater.  You're obsessed with Glennon and eveyone here knows it.  To you, any questioning of Glennon is "hater".  

To be clear, I'm perfectly fine if we sign Glennon for a reasonable price.  Unlike yourself, I won't support a move that goes beyond reasonable price for a guy with the limited resume of success Glennon has so far.  15 million a year or more is too much.

47 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You can have the last word though. I'll make sure to read it then move on. 

Of course you will.:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Yes, you knowingly lied.

When asked directly what your maximum was for supporting a Glennon move is, and you say specificly 12 million/year, but then later say "well, if it's 15 mil I'll still support it", it means you were completely full of poo when you aid 12 mil/year was you max.

Which I questioned at the time, and you got all offended over if you recall.    

Yet here we are.  And if we sign Glennon for 15 or 20 or 25 million a year, you're clearly going to support the move.

And no sir, I'm not a hater.  You're obsessed with Glennon and eveyone here knows it.  To you, any questioning of Glennon is "hater".  

To be clear, I'm perfectly fine if we sign Glennon for a reasonable price.  Unlike yourself, I won't support a move that goes beyond reasonable price for a guy with the limited resume of success Glennon has so far.  15 million a year or more is too much.

Of course you will.:rolleyes:

Okay, I picked up my ball. Going home now. 

Glad you got that off your chest. You seem to be waiting a month-or-so for that one. Glad you were able to exhale. 

Archived