Cimini expects Jets to target Glennon

AFJF

52 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I have zero hate for him, I actually think he is a good kid and easy to root for AND, I would strongly prefer him over Cutler or Romo in a short term contract. I just don't think he is a very good passer of the football, and will not be a legit starting QB in this league. AND, he is going to get a lot of money.

Glennon has thrown for over 4000 yards, 30 TD's and 15 int's, and played with far less talent in that he had an awful line and an awful running game.

I am not sure how I am being unfair in the least. I actually thought joewilly's post was the unfair one. HE said Glennon had zero success in the NFL, my point was if your clamoring for Taylor, not sure how you say Glennon had no success if you think Taylor did. Neither of them has had a winning season as a QB, neither has won a div, neither has played a playoff game.

We get that you love him, and really want him here, but be fair and accurate in your criticism of posters.

Has nothing to do with either of our opinions. All I'm saying is your statement was wrong and unfair.

Taylor has not accomplished 0 in this league. That is wrong.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Has nothing to do with either of our opinions. All I'm saying is your statement was wrong and unfair.

Taylor has not accomplished 0 in this league. That is wrong.

Your taking my statement in a vacuum and ignoring the fact that it was said in response to joewillys comments that Glennon has not accomplished anything, which you had zero issue with. I did not blindly make that statement becaus I don't believe it to be true for either player. 

your being unfair to me as a poster and ignoring all of my accomplishments here.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Your taking my statement in a vacuum and ignoring the fact that it was said in response to joewillys comments that Glennon has not accomplished anything, which you had zero issue with. I did not blindly make that statement becaus I don't believe it to be true for either player. 

your being unfair to me as a poster and ignoring all of my accomplishments here.

No. I'm quoting what you said. It was a standalone statement in a paragraph all by itself. You said Taylor has no accomplishments in this league. That is wrong.

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

First paragraph totally fair.

Second paragraph totally unfair.

Taylor has started for two seasons. He is 27 years old. He has:

Year One: 24 TD - 6 INTs - 3035 passing - 569 rushing yards

Year Two: 23 TDs - 6 INTs - 3023 passing - 580 rushing yards

That is NOT 0 success. We get that you hate him and don't want him here. But be fair and accurate in your statements.

Id buy that for a Dollar, I'm hoping the Bill's cut him.

20 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not going to judge Glennon yet but what do the Jets think they are accomplishing if they sign Glennon but bringing in another teams trash who has 0 success in the NFL. 

Glennon will come cheaper than Taylor and allow them to sign other much needed free agents. 

If they do sign Glennon I will support him and hope for the best. 

This move is typical NY Jets, 1000x better than signing the bearded imposter QB. 

Image result for mike glennon pics

20 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Just curious joewilly, I have seen you advocate for Tyrod Taylor, so why is Glennon another teams trash but Taylor is not? If Taylor becomes available its because he will have been cut. Glennon isn't even cut, just not re-signed. Winston is a serious talent that TB had the option to draft. It was more of an opportunity selection than trying to move away from Glennon IMO.

Taylor also has had 0 success in the NFL.

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No. I'm quoting what you said. It was a standalone statement in a paragraph all by itself. You said Taylor has no accomplishments in this league. That is wrong.

For past reference I am including Joewillys post, my reply to his post which was a reply. I love you Max, but your blinded by your Tryod love here brother. I never once made that statement as a standalone statement. It was 100% in response to JoeWillys claim that Glennon accomplished nothing.

9 hours ago, NoBowles said:

For past reference I am including Joewillys post, my reply to his post which was a reply. I love you Max, but your blinded by your Tryod love here brother. I never once made that statement as a standalone statement. It was 100% in response to JoeWillys claim that Glennon accomplished nothing.

You were wrong. Let it go.

And knock it off with this blinded by tyrod bullshit.

If you're a Jets fan and still squabbling over Taylor versus Glennon after watching the playoffs and the QB performances, then I don't know what to tell you. Neither guy is elevating this team to the playoffs. Don't waste the money. Find the next big franchise QB and avoid these mediocre at best guys. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you're a Jets fan and still squabbling over Taylor versus Glennon after watching the playoffs and the QB performances, then I don't know what to tell you. Neither guy is elevating this team to the playoffs. Don't waste the money. Find the next big franchise QB and avoid these mediocre at best guys. 

When you get your shot at Neil O'Donnel again, and again, and again, you gotta go for it.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Whatever makes you feel better brah

What makes me feel better is when people admit they are wrong.

Taylor also has had 0 success in the NFL.

That statement that you made, is not true. Do you stand by it, that Taylor has no 0 success? Despite being a starter for two years?

I am not saying he won the Super Bowl. Not saying he is great. I am saying he has had some level of success since he has had two good years as a starter. I find your 0 success statement to be flat out wrong.

Thanks brah.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

What makes me feel better is when people admit they are wrong.

That statement that you made, is not true. Do you stand by it, that Taylor has no 0 success? Despite being a starter for two years?

I am not saying he won the Super Bowl. Not saying he is great. I am saying he has had some level of success since he has had two good years as a starter. I find your 0 success statement to be flat out wrong.

Thanks brah.

If you can't read my first comment as a response to Joewilly, and his assertion that Glennon has accomplished nothing, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just out of curiosity, has Glennon accomplished something?

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Carl we currently have nothing on the roster in the form of an NFL QB thats shown us anything positive . In my opinion Taylor is a better option than Glennon. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Carl we currently have nothing on the roster in the form of an NFL QB thats shown us anything positive . In my opinion Taylor is a better option than Glennon. 

Please send this to Mac ASAP, hopefully he will act accordingly 

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

If you can't read my first comment as a response to Joewilly, and his assertion that Glennon has accomplished nothing, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Just out of curiosity, has Glennon accomplished something?

Yes Glennon has. He was a decent starter in Tampa at a young age.

Do me a favor, I can't use ignore because I am an admin. But any time I write anything about Tyrod Taylor you respond. The favor part, please stop responding.

I get it, you don't like Tyrod. But I won't sit here and let you paint me as a "Tyrod Lover". He is someone I have supported the Jets signing if he is released. But guess what? I hope the Jets have a better plan. I am putting it out there as a discussion and I don't care if Tyrod is on the Jets, as long as they can upgrade over the performance level he has shown so far in his career.

Now that we have both gone round and round on this several times, let's just stop talking about it.

Just now, Maxman said:

Yes Glennon has. He was a decent starter in Tampa at a young age.

Do me a favor, I can't use ignore because I am an admin. But any time I write anything about Tyrod Taylor you respond. The favor part, please stop responding.

I get it, you don't like Tyrod. But I won't sit here and let you paint me as a "Tyrod Lover". He is someone I have supported the Jets signing if he is released. But guess what? I hope the Jets have a better plan. I am putting it out there as a discussion and I don't care if Tyrod is on the Jets, as long as they can upgrade over the performance level he has shown so far in his career.

Now that we have both gone round and round on this several times, let's just stop talking about it.

Fine, but just so you understand, you just made my exact point I was trying to make with joe. You called me out in this thread, not vice versa, I responded to joe, and you came after me repeatedly. 

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Fine, but just so you understand, you just made my exact point I was trying to make with joe. You called me out in this thread, not vice versa, I responded to joe, and you came after me repeatedly. 

Coming from someone who sent 40 emails to me the last time you were banned. Emails I received when I was in a cancer hospital some days, I find your response comical.

Let it go man. You have demonstrated an inability to let anything go. Let it go. I am trying to ask you nicely because after receiving 40 emails from you asking to come back, I thought this place was important to you. You called everyone here all sorts of names repeatedly. Guess what? I let it go and let you back.

You are getting on my last nerve and I don't really like to admit that. Let it go and just talk about other stuff, with other people. Thanks brah.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Coming from someone who sent 40 emails to me the last time you were banned. Emails I received when I was in a cancer hospital some days, I find your response comical.

Let it go man. You have demonstrated an inability to let anything go. Let it go. I am trying to ask you nicely because after receiving 40 emails from you asking to come back, I thought this place was important to you. You called everyone here all sorts of names repeatedly. Guess what? I let it go and let you back.

You are getting on my last nerve and I don't really like to admit that. Let it go and just talk about other stuff, with other people. Thanks brah.

You win

2 minutes ago, BrickzNY said:

I do not want Glennon on this team. He moves like a snail. We need someone who can make plays with their feet if they need to. I'm all in on Deshaun Watson. Tyrod is a good backup plan, but I'd rather go with youth. 

Yeah the only problem is the draft is after free agency. I guess if they did the draft first some players would get crazy contracts because the teams that lost out on positions of need in the draft would overpay. 

Youth would be my first choice. Macc just scares me because he seems to be missing on the QBs he has liked so far.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah the only problem is the draft is after free agency. I guess if they did the draft first some players would get crazy contracts because the teams that lost out on positions of need in the draft would overpay. 

Youth would be my first choice. Macc just scares me because he seems to be missing on the QBs he has liked so far.

It would all depend on whether the Bills release Tyrod or not. I'd be OK if they sign him then just draft lineman and defense. However, if all we get to pick from is Glennon, I'd much rather just stick with Petty/Hack and draft a QB. All depends on how free agency goes. It's all on Macc.

2 minutes ago, BrickzNY said:

It would all depend on whether the Bills release Tyrod or not. I'd be OK if they sign him then just draft lineman and defense. However, if all we get to pick from is Glennon, I'd much rather just stick with Petty/Hack and draft a QB. All depends on how free agency goes. It's all on Macc.

As scary as it is, I think Glennon would be a Glennon vs Hack competition. And Glennon would presumably be able to win that. Petty is going to be set back becuase of his injury and surgery. Sure, non throwing shoulder but still missing the offseason will hurt him.

So I think Tyrod gives them a better chance of winning next year. And I really do believe they can make the playoffs with him.

I totally respect the thought process that says you won't win a Super Bowl with him. Not going to try and fight that. I just don't want the plan to be Petty and Hack next year.

Whatever it is, and this might be asking for a miracle, but I hope they get it right this time. :)

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:45 PM, Jetdawgg said:

Bowles better make it competitive. This is a major problem for the Jets. They bring in FA's who then come in and run things because the Jets do nor develop their own. A culture cannot be developed when FA cast offs from other teams set the agenda.

The better option is to keep drafting their own. Glennon is not a SB QB. He could not keep Winston on the bench

I don't disagree in general but what QB is keeping the #1 pick of the draft on the bench for 2 years?

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

As scary as it is, I think Glennon would be a Glennon vs Hack competition. And Glennon would presumably be able to win that. Petty is going to be set back becuase of his injury and surgery. Sure, non throwing shoulder but still missing the offseason will hurt him.

So I think Tyrod gives them a better chance of winning next year. And I really do believe they can make the playoffs with him.

I totally respect the thought process that says you won't win a Super Bowl with him. Not going to try and fight that. I just don't want the plan to be Petty and Hack next year.

Whatever it is, and this might be asking for a miracle, but I hope they get it right this time. :)

It's really simple?  Who's better looking and start that dude:

121613-fsf-NFL-Mike-Glennon-Buccaneers-P

275px-Tyrod_Taylor_2016.jpg

630768338.jpg

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

Im in on Tyrod. The guy is a good QB and the Jets can absolutely win with him. he's very underrated. Good arm, accurate, can create plays by himself, and doesnt turn the football over. Buffalo would be making a mistake if they push him out. The Jets should be all over Tyrod if he becomes available.

55 minutes ago, JiF said:

My biggest fear with Mike Glennon, is no QB as ugly as him has ever succeeded in the NFL.  You have to be handsome man to play QB.  And Glennon is an ugly dude.

what about big ben? he has the look of a butch lesbian.

Archived