Cimini expects Jets to target Glennon

AFJF

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Signing a veteran JAG QB has worked like all of once in NFL history. It is a vintage Jets half move, that is guaranteed to doom us to more mediocrity. Glennon SUCKS, he has been passed over by 2 regimes. yet so many want to bring him in and repeat history. I do not get it. No one is winning a championship with Glennon. The entire Jets philosophy us upside down,

Sorry bro you lose credibility when you say Glennon sucks and is a JAG 

I guess relying on Love Smith as a Qb guru goes a long way eh?

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, August said:

That's all fine and dandy but he goes on to say this after the fact. 

Fitzpatrick on getting a look at the future, Bryce Petty: "looking at my situation, I don't really care about the big picture."

What does Fitz wanting to play have to do with mentoring the two younger QBs? Your quote here makes no sense and is invalid. 

On 1/20/2017 at 11:22 AM, Augustiniak said:

in an era of mobile qbs, i continue to not understand why so many want the most immobile qb in the entire nfl - behind a crappy OL with no LT.  and they want to add cbs and safeties in the first round rather than helping out the crappy, immobile qb with an offensive player.

No thanks to mobile QB's.  They almost always suck and often get hurt.  Tall pocket passer please.

2 hours ago, August said:

That's all fine and dandy but he goes on to say this after the fact. 

Fitzpatrick on getting a look at the future, Bryce Petty: "looking at my situation, I don't really care about the big picture."

Fitzpatrick is an egotistical self centered jerk the further he is away from this organization the better. 

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick is an egotistical self centered jerk the further he is away from this organization the better. 

Besides being the worst starting Qb in the entire NFL this year I thought Fitz conducted himself like a clown.

7 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Glennon was good enough to give TB the number 1 pick.  If he can do the same with us, I'll take it.  

Actually, Josh McCown was good enough to get Tampa the 1st pick in the draft. Lovie actually kept Glennon off the field week 17 so he wouldn't potentially ruin securing that pick.

You're welcome.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Actually, Josh McCown was good enough to get Tampa the 1st pick in the draft. Lovie actually kept Glennon off the field week 17 so he wouldn't potentially ruin securing that pick.

You're welcome.

Hence the reason why Lovie Smith was rightly fired!!!

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're welcome.

Thanks for the correction.  He didn't even warrant a single snap in a season where the team won one game.  Sounds perfect for us.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're welcome.

I love dumb generalizations made by people too lazy to use google for 10 secs

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Once again you're incorrect, but that seems to be your "thing" so I'll leave you to it. 

If these people aren't going to bother ever having watch Glennon play at least use google for 15 seconds to check your generalizations

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Once again you're incorrect, but that seems to be your "thing" so I'll leave you to it. 

It seems that almost every time I have one of these arguments with somebody about Glennon, I eventually realize the opposition is coming from somebody who has never seen him play, and is repeating what they were told by somebody else who never saw him play.

Just now, AFJF said:

It seems that almost every time I have one of these arguments with somebody about Glennon, I eventually realize the opposition is coming from somebody who has never seen him play, and is repeating what they were told by somebody else who never saw him play.

They just heard from a couple other posters he sucks, he hasn't won a super bowl or mvp and is available so how could he possibly be better than Geno? ?

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Boom, I like Glennon,  I watched a few Bucks games, and like the kid. He's better than what we have by someways.

It's how much it costs us to Sign him, and for how long? - Because will not draft another QB if we are paying him 60 Mill over 4 years.

2 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Boom, I like Glennon,  I watched a few Bucks games, and like the kid. He's better than what we have by someways.

It's how much it costs us to Sign him, and for how long? - Because will not draft another QB if we are paying him 60 Mill over 4 years.

Unfortunately the cards, Broncos and Rams also need a qb.   I'm hoping T-Mobile gets cut so the market levels out

If we don't get Glennon or Taylor we might as well tank next season with Petty/Hack.   Even if we don't get the 1 pick with Darnold the #2 pick with Lamar Jackson is a good consolation prize 

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Look, I get it.  You love Glennon.  Ok.  Yes I agree with you that Glennon could be the best QB we've had in a while that equates to more than a 1 year fluke.  But how many games is he winning for us?  IMO, just enough to prevent us from getting a franchise QB, and way too few to being relevant.

All your faith in him is based on a college career that was not great enough to warrant him being drafted early and one season in which his team was terrible, HC got fired, and was 3 years ago.  Nothing he has done in preseason has warranted any team despite major lack of a QB to make a move for him.  And before you say TB wanted too much for him, they weren't asking for a 1st rounder.  They were most likely asking for a 3 or a 4.  So with that, and him being cost controlled until this offseason, Cle, Chi, SF, and several other teams passed.  

10-12 per season on a deal which makes him cuttable without cap hit after the 2nd year, and I'm in. Give Petty and Hackenberg next year to learn and show something.

If and when they show nothing, we could be drafting our QB of the future in 2018, have Glennon for a year or so until that player is ready. 

But I'm not for signing Glennon for a Brock deal.

Unfortunately the cards, Broncos and Rams also need a qb.   I'm hoping T-Mobile gets cut so the market levels out

If we don't get Glennon or Taylor we might as well tank next season with Petty/Hack.   Even if we don't get the 1 pick with Darnold the #2 pick with Lamar Jackson is a good consolation prize 

Rams just drafted a QB. They aren't going hard after Glennon . I would think the Broncos would prefer Romo or Cutler

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Look, I get it.  You love Glennon.  Ok.  Yes I agree with you that Glennon could be the best QB we've had in a while that equates to more than a 1 year fluke.  But how many games is he winning for us?  IMO, just enough to prevent us from getting a franchise QB, and way too few to being relevant.

All your faith in him is based on a college career that was not great enough to warrant him being drafted early and one season in which his team was terrible, HC got fired, and was 3 years ago.  Nothing he has done in preseason has warranted any team despite major lack of a QB to make a move for him.  And before you say TB wanted too much for him, they weren't asking for a 1st rounder.  They were most likely asking for a 3 or a 4.  So with that, and him being cost controlled until this offseason, Cle, Chi, SF, and several other teams passed.  

Link?

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Link?

Lol and he provides even more incorrect statements and assumptions.

Don't you love it when someone is wrong and when they are corrected the only comeback they can think of is how "you love" a particular player?

You're absolutely correct too. Most of these critics never actually watched him play. You can tell by their responses/statements that they're simply rehashing the same generic thing they heard from people who've influenced their thoughts. When you come from the position of actually watching the games then suddenly "love" is used in this passive-aggressive "look, I get it" form. 

Can only shake my head.

10 hours ago, thadude said:

I actually agree with this thinking in the sense that if we don't get Glennon or Taylor the other FA QBs aren't that good. In the main they are poorer than Fitzpatrick!!!!

So IMO if we don't get one of the two guys already mentioned we should go with Petty or Hack.  The problem with this is that may mean a terrible season something that Bowles might not be able to survive.  

15 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

It is a legitimate question to ask:  If Glennon was a good prospect, a potential franchise QB, why did Tampa Bay play a total JAG in McCown ahead of him in a total loser of a season, then rush as fast as possible to draft a QB in the first round?

Presumably, if Glennon was a legit guy, a team would not be so hasty to dump him or bench him.

The usual explanation "Lovie" only goes so far, there were clearly others in the decision making mix throughout Glennon's time in Tampa Bay.

One might also wonder why, if Glennon was such a clear-cut good prospect, no one else ever felt a need to trade for him or work Tampa for him, given he was clearly available for trade.  Again, "too expensive" only goes so far, given all we fans know is the supposed, reported, starting asking price.

In no way am I saying Glennon sucks or that we shouldn't look at him.  But to dismiss out of hand those who wonder why Glennon is available, not starting, is inappropriate.  Doubts about Glennon at this point are perfectly justified.

31 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It is a legitimate question to ask:  If Glennon was a good prospect, a potential franchise QB, why did Tampa Bay play a total JAG in McCown ahead of him in a total loser of a season, then rush as fast as possible to draft a QB in the first round?

Presumably, if Glennon was a legit guy, a team would not be so hasty to dump him or bench him.

The usual explanation "Lovie" only goes so far, there were clearly others in the decision making mix throughout Glennon's time in Tampa Bay.

One might also wonder why, if Glennon was such a clear-cut good prospect, no one else ever felt a need to trade for him or work Tampa for him, given he was clearly available for trade.  Again, "too expensive" only goes so far, given all we fans know is the supposed, reported, starting asking price.

In no way am I saying Glennon sucks or that we shouldn't look at him.  But to dismiss out of hand those who wonder why Glennon is available, not starting, is inappropriate.  Doubts about Glennon at this point are perfectly justified.

His statements have been incorrect...and his questions derive based on incorrect information. In no way is that legit. At the end of the day watch the man play football and stop asking the "If Glennon was" questions. Look at his games and that will provide the answers of his potential. 

The reason to wonder about Glennon isn't that they didn't start him over McCown in the lost season before they picked Jameis.  The reason to wonder is why Lovie thought it made sense to pay McCown all that money to come to Tampa.  McCown had a nice season for Lovie in Chicago, but they paid him what was then actual QB money (now it isn't much at all).

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The reason to wonder about Glennon isn't that they didn't start him over McCown in the lost season before they picked Jameis.  The reason to wonder is why Lovie thought it made sense to pay McCown all that money to come to Tampa.  McCown had a nice season for Lovie in Chicago, but they paid him what was then actual QB money (now it isn't much at all).

And how did that work out for Einstein aka Lovie Smith?

No, plenty of HCs with too much power make head scratching decisions.   Just look at genius in waiting Chip Kelly he'll tell you :) 

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

His statements have been incorrect...and his questions derive based on incorrect information. In no way is that legit. At the end of the day watch the man play football and stop asking the "If Glennon was" questions. Look at his games and that will provide the answers of his potential. 

Ok, so what, in your informed opinion, is Glennon's ceiling?  I have watched him play, I watched several games of his at NC St because there was great debate on JI the year he came out.

I think he is a bottom 5 QB in the league with consideration given to Lynch and Goff eventually getting starting gigs.  If he comes here, it would likely be worse.

what you are doing is having a circle jerk sploogefest over a career back up that would undoubtedly give us similar results that resigning Fitz and Geno would, only double or triple the price.  

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

And how did that work out for Einstein aka Lovie Smith?

No, plenty of HCs with too much power make head scratching decisions.   Just look at genius in waiting Chip Kelly he'll tell you :) 

He got fired but he did choose right at QB.. cause Winston way better than Glennon lol 

14 hours ago, Pcola said:

Ok, so what, in your informed opinion, is Glennon's ceiling?  I have watched him play, I watched several games of his at NC St because there was great debate on JI the year he came out.

I think he is a bottom 5 QB in the league with consideration given to Lynch and Goff eventually getting starting gigs.  If he comes here, it would likely be worse.

what you are doing is having a circle jerk sploogefest over a career back up that would undoubtedly give us similar results that resigning Fitz and Geno would, only double or triple the price.  

This isn't a college football debate.

This is your problem. Like I said, watch his games....pro games

31 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This isn't a college football debate.

This is your problem. Like I said, watch his games....pro games

Like September 29, 2013 vs. the Arizona Cardinals for example?

Always good to watch a player at or near his worst, to get a measure of the man, wouldn't you agree?

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Like September 29, 2013 vs. the Arizona Cardinals for example?

Always good to watch a player at or near his worst, to get a measure of the man, wouldn't you agree?

To fit an agenda, sure.

Or how about this, look at all, or atleast the majority of his games then come to a conclusion about the man regarding his potential. 

That would be smarter, wouldnt you agree? 

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

To fit an agenda, sure.

Or how about this, look at all, or atleast the majority of his games then come to a conclusion about the man regarding his potential. 

That would be smarter, wouldnt you agree? 

So just to be clear, you reject looking at his entire career (having just said his college career is off limits for criticism), and you reject looking at his worst game (saying we need to take most of his (good) games into consideration).  

And you say everyone else is pushing an agenda.;)

Personally, I would say his entire career, college, backup pro, brief starting pro, benched backup string pro, league evaluation and interest when he was drafted, interest when he briefly started, interest when he was a backup again, should all be taken into consideration.  The full picture.  This includes a critical evaluation of him when he is at his worst, to see what his flaws are/were at the Pro level, and if the poor performance was all on him or not.  And to evaluate his best games, to see what aspects were his talent and actions, and what portions of his production were more the effect of others supporting him.  To get the gauage of the player, his strengths, weaknesses, and potential as a full picture.

We should all hope Macc is doing just that.  Presuming, of course, that Macc has any interest, a fact not as yet in evidence.

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's called poor evaluation.  Tampa has done this before, albeit a different regime. You could substitute the names Steve Deberg and Steve Young in your paragraph above.

And before anyone tries it, there is no comparison being made to Young

Archived