• Tim Williams-OLB Alabama
    • Ryan Ramczyk-OT Wisconsin
    • Mitch Turbisky- QB UNC
    • Dalvin Cook-RB FSU
    • Mike Williams-WR Clemson

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leonard Fournette.  As tempted as i am to take a QB these guys are somewhat iffy to me.  The only one i really like this year is Trubiski which i would be much higher on if he stayed another season and i'm not ready to red shirt another guy this year.  I believe there could be as many as 4 true franchise type Qbs in the next draft.  Yes, i know people always say that next years crop will be better but i think this next class is different and the hype is probably legitimate.  If we were to take a QB this year i would like one of the later round guys that play in a pro style system and might be able to step in right away like Brad Kaaya from Miami in the 2nd.  If they were dead set on a 1st round QB i'd consider Kizer who actually took some snaps from under center and showed good ability to thread the needle on some throws.   

In the meantime the best way to support the QBs you have now is to have a great running game so i'm in for taking a possible generational back.  As much as i want to take one of the tackles, the current thought is that it's just too early for them and i don't want to reach on this pick.

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Williams is the guy.  He gets his feet wet this year and then when we take darnold at 1 next year, we have a franchise wr/qb combo for the next decade.

Unfortunately, our terrible decision not to play hack in week 17 dropped us to 6 in the draft and williams will be taken by Tenn at 5.

Not true. Week 17 didn't impact draft.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:
Heyyyyyyyy
Cornerback
Tears on a river
Push on a shove
It don't mean much
Joker on jack
Match on a fire
Cold on ice
A dead man's touch
Whisper on a scream
Doesn't change a thing
No quarterbacks 
Cornerback.

Look at you with the KWS pull, never thought you for much of a blues man. I had always pegged you for more of an Ella Fiztgerald and Nina Simone kind of guy.  Listening alone to them in a dark room where you read Hemmingway by only candle light and the burning embers of your cigarettes. TS, always surprising me. It's why I keep coming back to this site. That and the handjibbers from Max. 

11 hours ago, SR24 said:

Forgot 2 people because I'm dumb

You forgot beast safety Jabril Peppers from UM. And he could easily be our pick him being a Piscataway NJ native. He reminds me of an Eric Berry type DB. Nice addition if we get him. He's my second choice behind the best player in the draft in Fournette. Peppers and Pryor would be a nice tandem better than Gilly anyway. But Revis might make the shift to safety next season and I actually hope he does so he can retire a Jet.

18 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Turbisky and it's not even close. And no, I don't know if Turbisky will be good or not..but he's the QB w most upside and nothing else really ******* matters. So him.

Total garbage with no proof that he is any more ready than Hackenberg. I'd rather draft QB Baker Mayfield out of Oklahoma in the 3rd, he's a proven winner in big games. The bigger the game the tougher he played. Petty, Hack, Mayfield should be our young crop next season behind a rebuilt offensive line. Add Fournette and Powell and we have a revamped young offense and hopefully a competent coordinator.

46 minutes ago, rangerous said:

cornerback first.  much as a qb is attractive this is the place where they'll get a top flight corner.  Lt is also a good pick.  at 6 they can robably land the best Lt in this year's draft. 

If we draft a DB it will be Peppers and rightfully so. He's a Piscataway kid and a beast. Eric Berry like imo.

31 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Look at you with the KWS pull, never thought you for much of a blues man. I had always pegged you for more of an Ella Fiztgerald and Nina Simone kind of guy.  Listening alone to them in a dark room where you read Hemmingway by only candle light and the burning embers of your cigarettes. TS, always surprising me. It's why I keep coming back to this site. That and the handjibbers from Max. 

I don't smoke cigarettes, you fiend. But I do use the light of the butane torch from my coffee table meth lab.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mike Williams is the guy.  He gets his feet wet this year and then when we take darnold at 1 next year, we have a franchise wr/qb combo for the next decade.

Unfortunately, our terrible decision not to play hack in week 17 dropped us to 6 in the draft and williams will be taken by Tenn at 5.

Yes please. Though I would go line this year to keep Sam safe when he gets here but I like your thinking. 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Turbisky and it's not even close. And no, I don't know if Turbisky will be good or not..but he's the QB w most upside and nothing else really ******* matters. So him.

He's not the QB with the most upside. I'd say he's the QB with the most potential to bust if anything. My opinion of course. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:
Heyyyyyyyy
Cornerback
Tears on a river
Push on a shove
It don't mean much
Joker on jack
Match on a fire
Cold on ice
A dead man's touch
Whisper on a scream
Doesn't change a thing
No quarterbacks 
Cornerback.

Big Macc was a man who thought he was a loner
But he knew it wouldn't last
Big Macc left his home in Houston Texaroni
For some New Jersey grass
Trade back, trade back
Trade back to get some other picks 
Trade back, trade back
Trade back to take a cornerback
Trade back Bic Mac, go home

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Trade back, trade back
Trade back, trade back

Niiiiiiice lol

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Trade back, trade back
Trade back, trade back

even gay'er

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I absolutely love watching Dallas play.  And it's not because of Dak, Dez or their defense.

I don't care if we go into 2017 with Geno/Petty/Hack at QB.  Just build the oline and running game.  Being able to win in the trenches and control the clock is still the most important thing in this game.

If there was an olineman worthy of an early 1st, fine.  But there's not.  So roll with Fournette.  Then once one of our young QBs (or future QBs) is ready to take the reigns, they'll have a great running game to lean on.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Can't believe I'm saying this, but absolutely love watching Dallas play.  And it's not because of Dak, Dez or their defense.

I don't care if we go into 2017 with Geno/Petty/Hack at QB.  Just build the oline and running game.  Being able to win in the trenches and control the clock is still the most important thing in this game.

If there was an olineman worthy of an early 1st, fine.  But there's not.  So roll with Fournette.  Then once one of our young QBs (or future QBs) is ready to take the reigns, they'll have a great running game to lean upon.

There's an argument to be made that Fournette isn't even the best RB in this class and his game is not as adaptable to the NFL game as some guys that can be had later. And even if he was, you don't take running backs in the first round because you find one in the third or fourth who can be just as effective and maybe an even better fit for the offense. Not only is it a waste of money and assets, it's not how good teams are built when they're severely lacking talent at positions that actually should be invested in. It's a bad pick. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

There's an argument to be made that Fournette isn't even the best RB in this class and his game is not as adaptable to the NFL game as some guys that can be had later. And even if he was, you don't take running backs in the first round because you find one in the third or fourth who can be just as effective and maybe an even better fit for the offense. Not only is it a waste of money and assets, it's not how good teams are built when they're severely lacking talent at positions that actually should be invested in. It's a bad pick. 

Zeke may already be the best RB in the league.  That is a RB taken early in the 1st that is more than worth it.

I don't follow college ball, but from what I hear Fournette may be better.  Different, but potentially better.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Zeke may already be the best RB in the league.  That is a RB taken early in the 1st that is more than worth it.

I don't follow college ball, but from what I hear Fournette may be better.  Different, but potentially better.

He's a great running back, something the Cowboys with a great offensive line, star QB, talented wide receivers, and a future hall of farmer at tight end could afford to draft in the first. It was worth it to them to draft him there because they didn't have a ton of other pressing needs. The Jets aren't even close to that situation. 

Fournette has major durability concerns and he's also mostly a two down back. He has issues in pass protection and he's not really used out of the backfield as a receiver. He has a lot of work to do there. Zeke is a complete back. No questioning that. 

Archived