Jump to content

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50


KRL
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Surprised at the low rankings for:

Mitch Trubisky

Deshaun Watson

Jabrill Peppers

Cam Robinson

Tim Williams

Actually, that's right about where I'd put all of them.  The only thing I would change is pushing Peppers lower than all of the because, as of right now, that guy doesn't even have a position in the NFL.  Phenomenal college player, but I don't really see him transitioning into anything crazy in the pro game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Agreed, the two "beasts" out of ALA LB crew were Foster & Anderson.  Williams didn't show up and that is

troubling.  Foster was scary good and looked like a younger, faster Ray Lewis

Foster is that dude. The pick would be bashed but he is a lock pro-bowler. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Speaking of LB's TJ watt is an intriguing OLB prospect, a little smaller than his brother but he's got very good instincts and looks like a natural LB

I'm super high on TJ Watt. I'm hoping he has a bad combine and falls to us in the 2nd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be ok with any of the top 7 minus the DL Allen for obvious redundancy.

dont reach for position at 6 overall- bpa even if it's a safety. Reuben foster could very well be the guy- a Patrick Willis type. This seems like a strong draft and we'll have some good options tho they'll probably be defensive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, David Harris said:

I'd be ok with any of the top 7 minus the DL Allen for obvious redundancy.

dont reach for position at 6 overall- bpa even if it's a safety. Reuben foster could very well be the guy- a Patrick Willis type. This seems like a strong draft and we'll have some good options tho they'll probably be defensive.

Foster could be the next Patrick Willis but heads will explode if they take another inside linebacker in the first round. 

It seems to be a deep draft at a few different needs (CB, RB, pass rushers) so it'll be interesting to see what they do in the first when they could wait and still get starters at those positions in the later rounds. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn it, I was really hoping Sydney Jones would drop a bit because it was a loaded class.  He's someone that I think would do great in man coverage defense.  Need like a DUI for him to drop, lol.  I don't like him enough at 6, but he was a big target of mine for trade downs.  

Hooker seems to be really getting a lot of love in the pre-draft hype, but unless we move on from Revis, I'm not sure we pick him.  If Revis moves to safety, we would most likely move him to FS since he doesn't seem to like tackling anymore.  That would make Hooker redundant.  If we do move from Revis, it looks like a great match.   

I think right now, we might be looking at Foster as the pick, with depth at CB in the second round.  It all depends on free agency, because the O-line is a mess.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Damn it, I was really hoping Sydney Jones would drop a bit because it was a loaded class.  He's someone that I think would do great in man coverage defense.  Need like a DUI for him to drop, lol.  I don't like him enough at 6, but he was a big target of mine for trade downs.  

Hooker seems to be really getting a lot of love in the pre-draft hype, but unless we move on from Revis, I'm not sure we pick him.  If Revis moves to safety, we would most likely move him to FS since he doesn't seem to like tackling anymore.  That would make Hooker redundant.  If we do move from Revis, it looks like a great match.   

I think right now, we might be looking at Foster as the pick, with depth at CB in the second round.  It all depends on free agency, because the O-line is a mess.   

i don't think revis will have anything to do with their pick since he has said he's already thinking about retiring.  i also can't see them taking another lb in the first round next year.  

if they go defense, i would think it would be someone they think is an elite cb who can start right away or a guy like hooker who would hopefully finally give them a real coverage safety.  that said, mccags will get run out of town sooner if his offense is among the worst again, so he's got to be thinking about adding a legit offensive weapon.  my prediction is that he tries to trade back in the first to the 10-12 range and take either cook, fournette, williams or a top secondary player.  it would be nice if they took someone who has skills the team hasn't had in a while, whether it's cook's explosiveness, a legit #1 wr prospect or a coverage safety with real ball skills.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Damn it, I was really hoping Sydney Jones would drop a bit because it was a loaded class.  He's someone that I think would do great in man coverage defense.  Need like a DUI for him to drop, lol.  I don't like him enough at 6, but he was a big target of mine for trade downs.  

Hooker seems to be really getting a lot of love in the pre-draft hype, but unless we move on from Revis, I'm not sure we pick him.  If Revis moves to safety, we would most likely move him to FS since he doesn't seem to like tackling anymore.  That would make Hooker redundant.  If we do move from Revis, it looks like a great match.   

I think right now, we might be looking at Foster as the pick, with depth at CB in the second round.  It all depends on free agency, because the O-line is a mess.   

If revis doesn't want to tackle anymore then he should be cut, never mind moving to safety

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think revis will have anything to do with their pick since he has said he's already thinking about retiring.  i also can't see them taking another lb in the first round next year.  

if they go defense, i would think it would be someone they think is an elite cb who can start right away or a guy like hooker who would hopefully finally give them a real coverage safety.  that said, mccags will get run out of town sooner if his offense is among the worst again, so he's got to be thinking about adding a legit offensive weapon.  my prediction is that he tries to trade back in the first to the 10-12 range and take either cook, fournette, williams or a top secondary player.  it would be nice if they took someone who has skills the team hasn't had in a while, whether it's cook's explosiveness, a legit #1 wr prospect or a coverage safety with real ball skills.  

Well Revis is the first key, if he retires then we have holes all over the secondary so we have to go with a secondary guy.  From a draft perspective, this opens up our options and I can definitely see Hooker being in play.  However, if Revis doesn't retire (and his history has shown an unwillingness to walk away from money) then we have a problem.  If we cut him, there is a good chunk of dead money that comes from it.  In a vacuum, that isn't horrible and something that can be dealt with.  However, also realize we have another 5 million in dead money thanks to Fitzpatrick.  Another 5 if we get rid of Buster Skrine.  So to me, it's Revis retiring, or Revis returning as safety or CB.  I don't think cutting Revis is prudent because it helps tie our hands this off-season, at which point Mac is just clearing the cap space for a new GM next year. 

I don't think the offensive play makers are the issue.  I think the talent at receiver/running back is top tier in the league, but we don't have an offensive line nor a QB that we can trust.  Unfortunately, this is a draft that is bad for both of those as of right now.  I think they will go in free agency for the offensive line, and try to rebuild the line with money, and focus on the defense early in the draft.  I could see a trade down, but need someone like Allen or Garret to drop to have other teams pay up to move.  I think a CB is a must in the first two rounds, especially given the deep class and the abhorrent ability of our corners.   

Here's a question:  Throw out cutting Revis or him retiring in this hypothetical.  Would you want him back as a CB or a S?  If he comes as a CB, then someone like Hooker is in play.  If he converts to safety, you take Hooker off the table, but CB becomes a dire need.  Which course would you take?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, win4ever said:

Well Revis is the first key, if he retires then we have holes all over the secondary so we have to go with a secondary guy.  From a draft perspective, this opens up our options and I can definitely see Hooker being in play.  However, if Revis doesn't retire (and his history has shown an unwillingness to walk away from money) then we have a problem.  If we cut him, there is a good chunk of dead money that comes from it.  In a vacuum, that isn't horrible and something that can be dealt with.  However, also realize we have another 5 million in dead money thanks to Fitzpatrick.  Another 5 if we get rid of Buster Skrine.  So to me, it's Revis retiring, or Revis returning as safety or CB.  I don't think cutting Revis is prudent because it helps tie our hands this off-season, at which point Mac is just clearing the cap space for a new GM next year. 

I don't think the offensive play makers are the issue.  I think the talent at receiver/running back is top tier in the league, but we don't have an offensive line nor a QB that we can trust.  Unfortunately, this is a draft that is bad for both of those as of right now.  I think they will go in free agency for the offensive line, and try to rebuild the line with money, and focus on the defense early in the draft.  I could see a trade down, but need someone like Allen or Garret to drop to have other teams pay up to move.  I think a CB is a must in the first two rounds, especially given the deep class and the abhorrent ability of our corners.   

Here's a question:  Throw out cutting Revis or him retiring in this hypothetical.  Would you want him back as a CB or a S?  If he comes as a CB, then someone like Hooker is in play.  If he converts to safety, you take Hooker off the table, but CB becomes a dire need.  Which course would you take?  

Go with the young player, revis isn't part of the solution in turning this team around at this point

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, cant wait said:

If revis doesn't want to tackle anymore then he should be cut, never mind moving to safety

Cutting Revis costs money, which would be ok, if we didn't also have the Fitz dead money, and possibly Skrine's dead money if he's cut as well.  For losing about $7 million, is it worth cutting Revis?  Knowing we'll be restricted by the cap in the off season to actually make some improvements?  If we move Revis, he most likely has to go to FS.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cant wait said:

Go with the young player, revis isn't part of the solution in turning this team around at this point

How?  Cutting Revis costs a good chunk of dead money, so how would we get younger?  Or would you let Revis stay at CB and hope he recovers?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, win4ever said:

Cutting Revis costs money, which would be ok, if we didn't also have the Fitz dead money, and possibly Skrine's dead money if he's cut as well.  For losing about $7 million, is it worth cutting Revis?  Knowing we'll be restricted by the cap in the off season to actually make some improvements?  If we move Revis, he most likely has to go to FS.  

Although you could make the argument that having a safety with range behind him could help hide his deficiencies at CB 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, win4ever said:

How?  Cutting Revis costs a good chunk of dead money, so how would we get younger?  Or would you let Revis stay at CB and hope he recovers?  

I'd consider moving revis out of necessity, idk about the dead money ramifications right now but I think the primary objective needs to be adding top end young talent and let the roster work itself out afterwards 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Although you could make the argument that having a safety with range behind him could help hide his deficiencies at CB 

I haven't gone through the whole season, but I've been taking a look at some of the defense (for some breakdowns after the Superbowl, since no one really cares now) and one thing that keeps coming up is that he's in a ton of off coverage, where he's a good 8 yards off the receiver at the line.  It's not helping him much with intermediate or long passes because they are pulling double moves galore on him, so I don't see why they didn't just play him with press coverage.  It wasn't if the level of blown coverage was much different, but it did prevent the easy short passes at least.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I'd consider moving revis out of necessity, idk about the dead money ramifications right now but I think the primary objective needs to be adding top end young talent and let the roster work itself out afterwards 

I think they'll be forced to add young talent in the secondary because it's a deep draft for it, but I just don't see Revis leaving to be honest.  If he'd retire, it works out best for the Jets long term future but I doubt he goes down that road.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Well Revis is the first key, if he retires then we have holes all over the secondary so we have to go with a secondary guy.  From a draft perspective, this opens up our options and I can definitely see Hooker being in play.  However, if Revis doesn't retire (and his history has shown an unwillingness to walk away from money) then we have a problem.  If we cut him, there is a good chunk of dead money that comes from it.  In a vacuum, that isn't horrible and something that can be dealt with.  However, also realize we have another 5 million in dead money thanks to Fitzpatrick.  Another 5 if we get rid of Buster Skrine.  So to me, it's Revis retiring, or Revis returning as safety or CB.  I don't think cutting Revis is prudent because it helps tie our hands this off-season, at which point Mac is just clearing the cap space for a new GM next year. 

I don't think the offensive play makers are the issue.  I think the talent at receiver/running back is top tier in the league, but we don't have an offensive line nor a QB that we can trust.  Unfortunately, this is a draft that is bad for both of those as of right now.  I think they will go in free agency for the offensive line, and try to rebuild the line with money, and focus on the defense early in the draft.  I could see a trade down, but need someone like Allen or Garret to drop to have other teams pay up to move.  I think a CB is a must in the first two rounds, especially given the deep class and the abhorrent ability of our corners.   

Here's a question:  Throw out cutting Revis or him retiring in this hypothetical.  Would you want him back as a CB or a S?  If he comes as a CB, then someone like Hooker is in play.  If he converts to safety, you take Hooker off the table, but CB becomes a dire need.  Which course would you take?  

i just don't think revis will factor into whether they take hooker or a cb in the first round.  mccags took williams when he had wilk and sheldon, so he's already shown he wants to go bap, at least in the first round.

i hope he's watching these playoffs and watching all the offense, the stud rbs, wrs, etc.  he's got to add elite talent on that side of the ball at some point, and while he's drafting qb prospects he should also be taking skill positions.  it wouldn't hurt if he took a TE too in the first few rounds.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Shocking as it is to write but Revis has become Kyle Wilson.  There's no reason to believe
he'll be better another year older.  There's too much secondary talent in this draft to ignore

true.  i don't think their draft decisions will be based on revis, though FA may to some degree.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Are these safeties tempting anyone else? Someone who could cover would be nice. 

I like the safeties. 

If the LSU kid is Sean Taylor, take him please.

I like the WRs too. Marshall is nice but, meh, I'm sick of him. 

Im fine with a trade down for the 2nd tier OLBs, too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As is safety, RB, ILB.

 

Yeah.

The value at 6 for those positions is terrible, but it doesn't mean you won't draft Sean Taylor, Ezekiel Elliot, or Ray Lewis. 

Sometimes you're forced  into a corner with value, but end up with a beast. I hope that happens to us. I can't remember a time it ever did (ha!), but the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in awhile, right?

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...