Cimini: Jets expected to release Brandon Marshall

Mike135

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Dude, he quit the second his boo sauce was benched.  The effort he gave for Petty was laughable.  He didnt want to be out there and it was clear as day.  Meanwhile, he's yelling at everyone else for effort?  Please.  He devided the locker room, yet again, in week 3 and let it linger all season long only to address it to the media so he could tailor his message to look like the good guy.  He's a terrible leader and one of the worst players at his position in the league.  Top 3 in drops, worst 3 in catch ratio.

There is zero reason to bring him back.  Zero. 

This is 100% wrong on every level.  It's OK to be a hater, but when you make a feeble attempt to justify it with horsesh!t "facts" that are nothing more than your hater-opinions, then it's not so OK.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thadude said:

Such a dumb analogy.

Marshall makes $7.5 million and makes our team better.  Melo is a $20 million cancer

Someone had to point that out.  Worst analogy ever.  Completely wrong but fuels the Marshall-hate agenda.  P.S.  Marshall did not divide the Jets locker room.  The lazy players who were late or no-shows to meetings, didn't practice hard or show up prepared on game day, the ones who were apathetic to the poor level of play... they are the ones who divided the locker room if there was any division at all.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

I don't think that they're thinking logically. Our sole focus should be supporting our QB, which will likely be Petty, Hack, draft pick or unproven vet like Glennon. 

The people that want us to cut Marshall are either butt hurt that he supported Fitz, predicted that Marshall would bust here and want to be correct, or believe that every vet player must be cut so that we can be competitive in five years. 

spot on.  

58 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Really? I think Revis will make an excellent safety.  OTOH, the money probably doesn't make sense either.  I had figured they planned on rolling him over to take over for Gilchrist, but both their sh*t seasons tanked that idea. I tend to think Revis will have a bounce back year (probably somewhere else) and I think the narrative that he had a bad year in 2015 only started around mid-season when people decided he was done.  

too much money for the position; doesn't tackle well any more (don't even try to argue this point... just watch his play this season). He's done.  He's a liability.  He should go waaaaay efore Marshall.  Its just that cutting Marshall is more affordable than cutting Revis who would leave us with too much dead money. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

This is 100% wrong on every level.  It's OK to be a hater, but when you make a feeble attempt to justify it with horsesh!t "facts" that are nothing more than your hater-opinions, then it's not so OK.

I admit that I am a hater, but I don't see the horsesh*t in these facts.  Or that they are "facts" instead of facts.  

Most drops in NFL for 2016, Michael Crabtree 9, Brandon Marshall 8, several tied with 7.  He caught only 46.1% of his targets.  I am not sure where JiF got his numbers, but from what I can tell, the only guys with over 50 targets with a worse catch percentage were Funchos, Goodwin, Corey Coleman and JJ Nelson.  Hurns and Kearse are tied with him at 46.1%.  If you don't think he checked out, maybe you should re-watch the second Miami game.  The effort he gave Petty was pitiful.  He spit up some easy balls. The dude has been run out of three cities already.  While I applaud his efforts to come to grips with his demons, he hasn't been a quiet guy leading by example and apparently had an altercation with Sheldon.  IMO, that means they both should be on the way out ASAP. 

Also, I am a hater, but I not butt hurt about anything, least of all guys supporting Fitzpatrick.  IMO, all that sh*t is circus stuff that shouldn't have gone on at all.  Bowles wasn't supposed to be a player's coach and he shouldn't be paying attention to what the players want.  He should have got them to shut the **** up, but I guess it is a little late now and I can't complain much cause I am fine with player's coaches.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

too much money for the position; doesn't tackle well any more (don't even try to argue this point... just watch his play this season). He's done.  He's a liability.  He should go waaaaay efore Marshall.  Its just that cutting Marshall is more affordable than cutting Revis who would leave us with too much dead money. 

Fine, I won't bother. IMO you will see otherwise in 2017.  Marshall is a dog and trouble in the clubhouse IMO.

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Team doesn't hate Marshall.  Stop telling us nonsense like this is fact.  

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"This too is fact"   Hahahahahaha! 

None of  what I bolded from your post is a "fact".  Those are your opinions. Not facts at all.  Since when do you post like an idiot?  Very unlike you.

Marshall admitted it. So it is in fact, fact.  Revis, Enunwa and Richardson all confirmed he divided the locker room in their interviews.  Maybe not the whole team but a solid majority hate the man.  Just like everyone else who has ever played with him. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I admit that I am a hater, but I don't see the horsesh*t in these facts.  Or that they are "facts" instead of facts.  

Most drops in NFL for 2016, Michael Crabtree 9, Brandon Marshall 8, several tied with 7.  He caught only 46.1% of his targets.  I am not sure where JiF got his numbers, but from what I can tell, the only guys with over 50 targets with a worse catch percentage were Funchos, Goodwin, Corey Coleman and JJ Nelson.  Hurns and Kearse are tied with him at 46.1%.  If you don't think he checked out, maybe you should re-watch the second Miami game.  The effort he gave Petty was pitiful.  He spit up some easy balls. The dude has been run out of three cities already.  While I applaud his efforts to come to grips with his demons, he hasn't been a quiet guy leading by example and apparently had an altercation with Sheldon.  IMO, that means they both should be on the way out ASAP. 

Also, I am a hater, but I not butt hurt about anything, least of all guys supporting Fitzpatrick.  IMO, all that sh*t is circus stuff that shouldn't have gone on at all.  Bowles wasn't supposed to be a player's coach and he shouldn't be paying attention to what the players want.  He should have got them to shut the **** up, but I guess it is a little late now and I can't complain much cause I am fine with player's coaches.

the comments that were bolded were 100% opinions, not facts in any way shape or form.  You are reciting things that I did not bold. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Fine, I won't bother. IMO you will see otherwise in 2017.  Marshall is a dog and trouble in the clubhouse IMO.

The guy admitted he fractured the locker room but posters are acting like I'm making this stuff up.  

I think the Revis wrist injury was a problem in his press coverage and tackling.  I think that Marshall is a volume WR with a big ego that probably does not belong on a rebuilding team.  I think that people like to credit Mangini for drafting and creating a team that could win, but don't want to see the hard work which means dumping some guys that seem good for the betterment of the team>  Guys like Marshall, Richardson can play, but they need to be held in check.  There is nobody on this team holding them in check, least of all our hardass coach.  Marshall can be the type of throw it up and pray WR that can be a security blanket for a young QB, but when things went wrong he seemed to fold up as much as anybody and he was involved in the kind of locker room shenanigans that should merit a trip out of town. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

The guy admitted he fractured the locker room but posters are acting like I'm making this stuff up.  

"fractured"

geez you f'cking love to exaggerate.  No, he never said he "divided" or "fractured" the locker room.  Please.

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"fractured"

geez you f'cking love to exaggerate.  No, he never said he "divided" or "fractured" the locker room.  Please.

I dont know what world you live in but when a man comes out and admits that he rubbed people the wrong way with his timing and delivery of whatever message it was he was trying to deliver.  And then 3 more players and the Head Coach confirm that it wasnt received well.  WTF do you call that?  A misunderstanding?  Revis described it as leaving "Dark Cloud over the locker room."  Are you aware of what happened week 3 to leave this dark cloud over the locker room? 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont know what world you live in but when a man comes out and admits that he rubbed people the wrong way with his timing and delivery of whatever message it was he was trying to deliver.  And then 3 more players and the Head Coach confirm that it wasnt received well.  WTF do you call that?  A misunderstanding?  Revis described it as leaving "Dark Cloud over the locker room."  Are you aware of what happened week 3 to leave this dark cloud over the locker room? 

yes I am.  and you are making a mountain of a mole hill with it.  I guess anything to fuel the irrational hate is fine.  Marshall was dinged up all year.  He did not quit as you claim.  Nor was he a locker room cancer type as you claim.  Why not go after the lazy, entitled assholes (like Mo Wilk and multiple others) who truly deserve it?  Carry on with your agenda dude.  But it's pretty much all wrong.

I think this was the "fractured" article.  Enunwa and Pryor weren't happy with him and Richardson hated him.  FWIW, I think that beyond the argument in KC, Richardson wasn't happy that Marshall gave a rah rah speech at the half of the 2nd Pats game and then took himself out of the game in the 2nd half.  Richardson said Marshall should be embarrassed and he knows why. 

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think this was the "fractured" article.  Enunwa and Pryor weren't happy with him and Richardson hated him.  FWIW, I think that beyond the argument in KC, Richardson wasn't happy that Marshall gave a rah rah speech at the half of the 2nd Pats game and then took himself out of the game in the 2nd half.  Richardson said Marshall should be embarrassed and he knows why. 

Richardson (along with a few others like Wilk and Pryor) have aptly demonstrated that they lack motivation and don't care much.  F them.  Marshall is passionate and expresses it.  Richardson and Wilk have shown apathy, selfishness and, frankly, more than anyone else, have acted to be divisive thru  irresponsible behavior, entitled behavior and a lack of leadership.  Marshall is way more a leader than either of those a-holes.  

If there is a locker room divide, then this thread is clearly pointing the finger at the wrong culprits and the wrong causes.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Richardson (along with a few others like Wilk and Pryor) have aptly demonstrated that they lack motivation and don't care much.  F them.  Marshall is passionate and expresses it.  Richardson is apathetic, selfish and , frankly, stupid and likes to display it.

Was it their fault in Denver, Miami and Chicago too? 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

LOL.  I was waiting for someone to use Marshall's behavior before the meds helped him with the bi-polar issues.  

Denver, Chicago and miami don't mean sh!t.  He was a changed man after the diagnosis and appropriate remedy.

But you get an "A" for effort.  Nice try.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know why you guys are arguing, it's clear to me that both Marshall and Richardson - among others, likely - contributed heavily to the sh*t locker room dynamics. I don't understand why folks here have to have 1 person to blame for it. I think you are right in your points about Marshall. I don't think he's the only problem.

The bigger issue here is that we have yet another HC who cannot dictate the dynamics, but rather sugar coats them to the media.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't know why you guys are arguing, it's clear to me that both Marshall and Richardson - among others, likely - contributed heavily to the sh*t locker room dynamics. I don't understand why folks here have to have 1 person to blame for it. I think you are right in your points about Marshall. I don't think he's the only problem.

The bigger issue here is that we have yet another HC who cannot dictate the dynamics, but rather sugar coats them to the media.

Agreed.  This team lacks leadership at every level.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  I was waiting for someone to use Marshall's behavior before the meds helped him with the bi-polar issues.  

Denver, Chicago and miami don't mean sh!t.  He was a changed man after the diagnosis and appropriate remedy.

But you get an "A" for effort.  Nice try.

Um... actually, Marshall has been diagnosed and treated for borderline personality disorder since at least his time on the Dolphins.  So he was run out of at least two teams while being treated.  I applaud his getting his life in order, that does not make him a good teammate. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I agree with this.  I think that the easiest way to fix problems in the lockers is by determining who is in there and making sure they police themselves.  Just win baby! is nice when you win, but disastrous when you lose. Richardson is also obviously a knucklehead that is causing trouble.  Better to unload these guys when you can, which is why many of us were hoping to trade Richardson during the past offseason.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Um... actually, Marshall has been diagnosed and treated for borderline personality disorder since at least his time on the Dolphins.  So he was run out of at least two teams while being treated.  I applaud his getting his life in order, that does not make him a good teammate. 

I agree with this.  I think that the easiest way to fix problems in the lockers is by determining who is in there and making sure they police themselves.  Just win baby! is nice when you win, but disastrous when you lose. Richardson is also obviously a knucklehead that is causing trouble.  Better to unload these guys when you can, which is why many of us were hoping to trade Richardson during the past offseason.

The Jets might have actually gotten lucky this past weekend regarding Sheldon. If, in fact, Dallas was interested, Sheldon's price just went up after that disgusting performance by the Cowboy D vs the Pack.

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yes I am.  and you are making a mountain of a mole hill with it.  I guess anything to fuel the irrational hate is fine.  Marshall was dinged up all year.  He did not quit as you claim.  Nor was he a locker room cancer type as you claim.  Why not go after the lazy, entitled assholes (like Mo Wilk and multiple others) who truly deserve it?  Carry on with your agenda dude.  But it's pretty much all wrong.

Dude!  He came out and admitted his actions fractured the locker room.  Multiple players and the Head Coach confirmed this statement made by Brandon Marshall himself.  This isnt up for debate.  Nor is this an agenda.  This is factual information provided to use by none other than Brandon Marshall himself and confirmed by multiple teammates and his Head Coach.   I mean, wtf bro?  I'm not making this sh*t up out of thin air.   I wish he wasnt an a terrible teammate.  But he is and it sucks for my favorite team in the whole world, the New York Jets. 

And if you think he didnt quit on Bryce Petty and he was still giving an 100% effort than I think maybe I offended your favorite player and you cant look at this objectively.  

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's clear to you because Brandon admitted this happened, players and coaches confirmed it.  But for some reason people chose to ignore that fact and act like its an agenda or a conspiracy theory. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Dude!  He came out and admitted his actions fractured the locker room.  Multiple players and the Head Coach confirmed this statement made by Brandon Marshall himself.  This isnt up for debate.  Nor is this an agenda.  This is factual information provided to use by none other than Brandon Marshall himself and confirmed by multiple teammates and his Head Coach.   I mean, wtf bro?  I'm not making this sh*t up out of thin air.   I wish he wasnt an a terrible teammate.  But he is and it sucks for my favorite team in the whole world, the New York Jets. 

And if you think he didnt quit on Bryce Petty and he was still giving an 100% effort than I think maybe I offended your favorite player and you cant look at this objectively.  

He was playing hurt.  Frankly, he is one of the few on the team that did not give up hope.  And when he expressed as much, Richardson and his 'posse' got offended.  But Marshall was correct .  There are so many other problems on this team worse than Marshall, so I agree with Integrity on this.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

He was playing hurt.  Frankly, he is one of the few on the team that did not give up hope.  And when he expressed as much, Richardson and his 'posse' got offended.  But Marshall was correct .  There are so many other problems on this team worse than Marshall, so I agree with Integrity on this.  

You're making excuse after excuse for him and you refuse to see this objectively.  Meanwhile, Brandon Marshall himself, Enunwa, Richardson, Revis, Pryor and Bowles all confirmed that Brandon's actions divided the locker room.  lol 

We can agree to disagree on this subject.  All good.  Nutin but love for you, homey! 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're making excuse after excuse for him and you refuse to see this objectively.  Meanwhile, Brandon Marshall himself, Enunwa, Richardson, Revis, Pryor and Bowles all confirmed that Brandon's actions divided the locker room.  lol 

We can agree to disagree on this subject.  All good.  Nutin but love for you, homey! 

I'd rather he divide the LR giving everything he has than the LR not being divided and everyone just quit like was happening.  At least he showed he cared

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'd rather he divide the LR giving everything he has than the LR not being divided and everyone just quit like was happening.  At least he showed he cared

Oh he quit.  That's the problem.   You cant be one of the worst in the league at your position and yell at everyone else for sucking.  You cant quit on a team and yell at everyone else for effort. 

The whole, dont throw stones from a glass house...

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Marshall admitted it. So it is in fact, fact.  Revis, Enunwa and Richardson all confirmed he divided the locker room in their interviews.  Maybe not the whole team but a solid majority hate the man.  Just like everyone else who has ever played with him. 

Marshall didn't say every single player on the team hates him.  Enunwa, your confirmation talked about how loves Marshall, that Marshall,took him under his wing and taught him.   

There's no reason for the vast majority of the team to hate him.  YOU hate him, that much i get from your posts

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Marshall didn't say every single player on the team hates him.  Enunwa, your confirmation talked about how loves Marshall, that Marshall,took him under his wing and taught him.   

There's no reason for the vast majority of the team to hate him.  YOU hate him, that much i get from your posts

You're right.  I exaggerated.  Everyone doesnt hate him.  Just enough hate him to "cast a dark cloud" over the Jets locker room.

I dont hate Marshall.  I just dont want him destroying my favorite teams locker room. 

17 minutes ago, JiF said:

That day.  Not the whole season.  He talked about how some took it wrong. That day.  

Youre trying to make a case that the LR was divided all year and one person, Marshall, was the reason why. 

Let me add, if you stop playing, whatever this LR split causes because you don't like the way a player is yelling, you should go the fuk home.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

That day.  Not the whole season.  He talked about how some took it wrong. That day.  

Youre trying to make a case that the LR was divided all year and one person, Marshall, was the reason why. 

Let me add, if you stop playing, whatever this LR split causes because you don't like the way a player is yelling, you should go the fuk home.

It started week 3.  It lingered on for the entire season.  That's why its all coming out now. 

I think Richardson is an idiot and should be gone with the quickness.  I think Revis is a total piece of sh*t and should be gone with the quickness.  I think Brandon Marshall is an idiot who thinks he's a leader but clearly isnt and should be gone with quickness.

Get the ass bags out of the building.  

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh he quit.  That's the problem.   You cant be one of the worst in the league at your position and yell at everyone else for sucking.  You cant quit on a team and yell at everyone else for effort. 

The whole, dont throw stones from a glass house...

he didn't quit.  He had a lot of drops, that's for sure.  Inept playing does not translate into quitting.  Again, your singling Marshall out in this thread when there were far worse divisive personalities in that clubhouse for you to call out speaks volumes about your agenda.

Archived