Dennard Wilson, NY Jets New DB Coach

Warfish

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Not criticizing, just wondering...why would someone leave the team that promoted him to DB coach just to take another DB coach position elsewhere?

The people that promoted him no longer exist within that team and his contract is up .  There's no better place to get notice nationally than the media capitol of the world .

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Dennard could bring some secondary talent with him by the name of Trumaine Johnson. Very, very talented cornerback that would fill a huge need.

I agree he is a talented corner but I think he is in his 30's if I am correct. Do we really want another 30 year old corner who will be on the down side eventually? I understand we need stability at the position and players age differently, but wouldn't it just be contradictory to what we are truly trying to do, and that's purge the roster of overpaid 30 year olds?

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Coaching the worst secondary in the world.

Just imagine what would happen to his name if he got the Jets secondary to play better .  Imagine what would happen if he got them to play great . The light will either draw you or drive you away .

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I agree he is a talented corner but I think he is in his 30's if I am correct. Do we really want another 30 year old corner who will be on the down side eventually? I understand we need stability at the position and players age differently, but wouldn't it just be contradictory to what we are truly trying to do, and that's purge the roster of overpaid 30 year olds?

Funny you say that, cause the Trumaine Johnson I think of was a top WR in the USFL out of Grambling and has to be in his 50's.  This Trumaine Johnson just turned 27 and came out in 2012.  

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Funny you say that, cause the Trumaine Johnson I think of was a top WR in the USFL out of Grambling and has to be in his 50's.  This Trumaine Johnson just turned 27 and came out in 2012.  

Well okay, 27 isn't too bad. Think Carpenter was/is around that age when we signed him. I was thinking he was an older guy about 32 or so. Think I was thinking of the bengals CB who had a great year to be his age.

edit: yep. Terrance Newman is who I was thinking of.

Archived