How bad do you guys miss Pennington right now?

tfine

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

1070 technically. Yes, its amazing how teams get to the SB, the championship game multiple times and they recognize that 

it means NOTHING. The Eagles have DICK in their hand for a trip to the SB and 4 NFC Champ games.  yet..the 8th place trophy crowd 

calls us whiners for actually wanting a win and not being satisfied with almost .  Eagles fans get it, Bills fans too. We have guys at the JETS club that think a 9-7 season is a good year.

can you spare some of your billions please?  someone like you that settles for nothing but the best has to be a billionaire, you have an insatiable appetite to win.  it's very impressive.  obviously the rest of us are satisfied w/ just making the playoffs.  none of us actually want to win a SB, just some old fools that like to pretend on the internet.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it's good to know that weather can never play a role in a game.  I learn something new every day on here, I also lose IQ points but I learn!

I don't pay myself on the back, I can't help it if I look much smarter than I am whenever you try to debate me.

Another argument I didn't made.  You simply pick and choose when excuses count and when they don't.

As for your running theme about how smart you are in comparison to me and others, as already pointed out, the only reason you feel this way is because of what's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect.  In short, unfortunately, you're ability level is too low to understand how limited it is.  

can you spare some of your billions please?  someone like you that settles for nothing but the best has to be a billionaire, you have an insatiable appetite to win.  it's very impressive.  obviously the rest of us are satisfied w/ just making the playoffs.  none of us actually want to win a SB, just some old fools that like to pretend on the internet.

See, as stated, you're literally so cognitively limited, you do not understand why this is a phenomenally stupid comment.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Another argument I didn't made.  You simply pick and choose when excuses count and when they don't.

As for your running theme about how smart you are in comparison to me and others, as already pointed out, the only reason you feel this way is because of what's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect.  In short, unfortunately, you're ability level is too low to understand how limited it is.  

but you are, you are mocking that windy day that kept both offenses down all day.

I don't claim to be smart, I do claim to have common sense and football sense.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

See, as stated, you're literally so cognitively limited, you do not understand why this is a phenomenally stupid comment.

No, what is stupid is not being able to appreciate success even if it is limited.  None of us have any control over SB titles, b/c NE wins again doesn't make their fans better people and it doesn't mean b/c I celebrate our limited success that I don't want a SB.  that is just asinine garbage that is typical of certain posters.

Just now, nyjunc said:

but you are, you are mocking that windy day that kept both offenses down all day.

I don't claim to be smart, I do claim to have common sense and football sense.

No, what is stupid is not being able to appreciate success even if it is limited.  None of us have any control over SB titles, b/c NE wins again doesn't make their fans better people and it doesn't mean b/c I celebrate our limited success that I don't want a SB.  that is just asinine garbage that is typical of certain posters.

I am mocking that you selectively use excuses when it suits you, but not when it doesn't.  This has been pointed out numerous times by myself and others.

You claim a lot of things, few of which have panned out to be true.

Lastly, what's stupid, as has been pointed out to you before, is not being able to separate appreciating success and "enjoying the ride" from objective and critical analysis on a discussion forum.  You routinely say that none of us enjoyed the runs with Mark Sanchez, and that is just something you've made up.  Again, it's fiction.  You made it up.  It is not anyone else's fault, nor their limitation, that you are unable to have fun watching a football game, while still thinking there are some major flaws with the team and the players.  That is your limitation.

I am mocking that you selectively use excuses when it suits you, but not when it doesn't.  This has been pointed out numerous times by myself and others.

You claim a lot of things, few of which have panned out to be true.

Lastly, what's stupid, as has been pointed out to you before, is not being able to separate appreciating success and "enjoying the ride" from objective and critical analysis on a discussion forum.  You routinely say that none of us enjoyed the runs with Mark Sanchez, and that is just something you've made up.  Again, it's fiction.  You made it up.  It is not anyone else's fault, nor their limitation, that you are unable to have fun watching a football game, while still thinking there are some major flaws with the team and the players.  That is your limitation.

I try to be fair, it was a weather day that kept both O's down.  if Rodgers went out and threw for 350 and GB won 27-0 I'd lean toward bashing mark for the day.  He wasn't good, he had bad games, I have never said he was a great QB or that he ever would be.  He was a solid QB that we could win w/ if we surrounded him w/ the right talent.

you guys bash Mark, rex and those teams. why would I think you did enjoy them? only SBs matter for you guys so how could you have enjoyed a title game run?

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I try to be fair, it was a weather day that kept both O's down.  if Rodgers went out and threw for 350 and GB won 27-0 I'd lean toward bashing mark for the day.  He wasn't good, he had bad games, I have never said he was a great QB or that he ever would be.  He was a solid QB that we could win w/ if we surrounded him w/ the right talent.

you guys bash Mark, rex and those teams. why would I think you did enjoy them? only SBs matter for you guys so how could you have enjoyed a title game run?

But, the point that's so often made to you, is that you're not fair.  In this particular case, it is fair to suggest that the weather was a factor.  But, you pick and choose what a factor can be.  Weather is a factor in this game, but Favre's arm injury is not.  You also apply your 'in-context in-depth' analysis when it suits you.  For instance, to argue that Sanchez is better than his stats, but you don't apply the same analysis to the players your comparing him to, so only Sanchez gets a bump out of the basement.  You also move the goal posts constantly, of what qualifies as good.

As for enjoying the game.  You have children, no?  Do you enjoy watching your children play sports, even if they don't win the game, even if they won't make it to the pros?  It's kind of like that.

30 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Atta boy................   some guys use IF, COULD HAVE, WOULD HAVE much too often.

Then they analyze the shlit out of the failure to explain it away.

Ive worked with guys like that.  They eventually are no where in their careers and life.

But, the point that's so often made to you, is that you're not fair.  In this particular case, it is fair to suggest that the weather was a factor.  But, you pick and choose what a factor can be.  Weather is a factor in this game, but Favre's arm injury is not.  You also apply your 'in-context in-depth' analysis when it suits you.  For instance, to argue that Sanchez is better than his stats, but you don't apply the same analysis to the players your comparing him to, so only Sanchez gets a bump out of the basement.  You also move the goal posts constantly, of what qualifies as good.

As for enjoying the game.  You have children, no?  Do you enjoy watching your children play sports, even if they don't win the game, even if they won't make it to the pros?  It's kind of like that.

if you don't believe I am then point out where you think I am not being fair?  maybe I'm not?  instead you choose the insult route. 

if Chad doesn't get te injury excuse for 2004 and Sanchez for 2011 how can the ironman get one for 2008?

I do and I love watching them play sports more than I love watching the Jets.  

I want to win as much as anyone but being a dad now and having lost my dad I have an appreciation for life.  I still get annoyed when we lose but nothing like when I was younger, I appreciate the moments I am w/ my family watching games more.  I hate going to a game w/o my son, I sued to go to 75% of games by myself way back when.  I want a SB, the emotions I had running through my body during the Nat'l anthem at Heinz Field were incredible.  I flashed back to all the tough losses and really though I was finally about to watch them reach the SB. that loss was the most crushing of all time for me especially looking back as we would never have another chance w/ that group but my kids were very small and didn't watch, it will be much more satisfying for me if I get to enjoy it with them and if not? we will have a ton of memories rooting this team on together, living through the great wins and awful losses.

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Atta boy................   some guys use IF, COULD HAVE, WOULD HAVE much too often.

Then they analyze the shlit out of the failure to explain it away.

Ive worked with guys like that.  They eventually are no where in their careers and life.

give it a rest old man. you know as much about me as you do football.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

if you don't believe I am then point out where you think I am not being fair?  maybe I'm not?  instead you choose the insult route. 

if Chad doesn't get te injury excuse for 2004 and Sanchez for 2011 how can the ironman get one for 2008?

I do and I love watching them play sports more than I love watching the Jets.  

I want to win as much as anyone but being a dad now and having lost my dad I have an appreciation for life.  I still get annoyed when we lose but nothing like when I was younger, I appreciate the moments I am w/ my family watching games more.  I hate going to a game w/o my son, I sued to go to 75% of games by myself way back when.  I want a SB, the emotions I had running through my body during the Nat'l anthem at Heinz Field were incredible.  I flashed back to all the tough losses and really though I was finally about to watch them reach the SB. that loss was the most crushing of all time for me especially looking back as we would never have another chance w/ that group but my kids were very small and didn't watch, it will be much more satisfying for me if I get to enjoy it with them and if not? we will have a ton of memories rooting this team on together, living through the great wins and awful losses.

Find me a time where you weren't the first to insult.  I'll wait.

You're making this a Chad vs. Favre debate.  It's not.  It's simply a debate over whether winning the division that year is an accomplishment worthy of the level of praise you've heaped on him for it.

All of that is very nice, and wonderful, and I'm sure you're a great dad.  But, the point is, expecting to win, and enjoying something are two separate constructs.  I remember sitting on the floor at the end of the 2009 Jets/Chargers playoff game because I was so anxious, celebrating when they won.  I remember pacing behind the couch of the Jets/Steelers game and then laser focused as we flirted with a comeback.  I remember beating the Pats the week before and leaving my friend's manhattan apartment to go into time square and high five other Jets fans.  I remember sitting on my sh*tty Goodwill couch in college when Doug Brien missed those FGs and screaming about him, and Herm, and why we'd chose to lose yards for those kicks.  None of those times did I think we were the best team in the league, nor that our luck wouldn't run out.  I have all of those memories, but it doesn't mean I don't also have a rational part of my mind that's able to look at these things objectively.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Find me a time where you weren't the first to insult.  I'll wait.

You're making this a Chad vs. Favre debate.  It's not.  It's simply a debate over whether winning the division that year is an accomplishment worthy of the level of praise you've heaped on him for it.

All of that is very nice, and wonderful, and I'm sure you're a great dad.  But, the point is, expecting to win, and enjoying something are two separate constructs.  I remember sitting on the floor at the end of the 2009 Jets/Chargers playoff game because I was so anxious, celebrating when they won.  I remember pacing behind the couch of the Jets/Steelers game and then laser focused as we flirted with a comeback.  I remember beating the Pats the week before and leaving my friend's manhattan apartment to go into time square and high five other Jets fans.  I remember sitting on my sh*tty Goodwill couch in college when Doug Brien missed those FGs and screaming about him, and Herm, and why we'd chose to lose yards for those kicks.  None of those times did I think we were the best team in the league, nor that our luck wouldn't run out.  I have all of those memories, but it doesn't mean I don't also have a rational part of my mind that's able to look at these things objectively.

I am never first to insult and I give back a fraction what I receive.

we were as good as anyone in 2010, there aren't any 1980s Niners teams around.  as great as NE is they aren't as dominant as some of the great teams in the past, if they were they never lose to inferior NYG teams.  we had as good a chance as anyone in 2009 and 2010.

10 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Imma try and change the subject. 

Many people feel that Tim Tebow is the most polarizing QB of all time. I say it is Chad Pennington...

Discuss...

No football fan anywhere gives even the tiniest flake of sh*t about Chad, other than Jets fans.  Meanwhile, Tebow was talked and argued about by everyone, which is why he still probably deserves the nod in that regard.  Hell, even I think Chad was a better QB than Tebow.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Curtis was near the end of his career when Chad became starter(and don't you hate Curtis so how can you bash him then prop him up here?)

Mawae was at end of Jets career here

made playoffs w/ Leon in only healthy season, only played 2 seasons w/ him

Only played one season w/ Harris where he started half the year

Only played one season w/ Revis where he played half the year

played one healthy season w/ Rhodes

don't you hate Vilma? how can you bash him and then prop him up here? either way made playoffs in 2 healthy years he played w/ Vilma

Made playoffs 3 times w/ Ellis

Made playoffs only healthy season w/ Smith

Made playoffs twice w/ Cotch

Only had Moss for 3 seasons, made playoffs twice w/ him

had richie anderson for 1 season, won div title

Had Chrebet as starter for one season, won div title

Had Jones for 2 seasons, won div title in healthy season

had Mo for 2 seasons., won div title in healthy one and do you remember Mo and Marvin those last 2 years?  slow Mo, etc...?

Abe was always hurt, played 2 seasons where both were healthy at the same time.  Made playoffs each time

Played w/ Ferg for 3 years, made playoffs two of them.

you were saying?

Schottenheimer changed the entire offense to make Favre comfortable, it didn't work.  the only game we won late in that season our D scored a TD late against a bad Bills team when all they had to do was run out the clock.

Favre sabotaged us, he cost us a div title and beyond.

Schotty did nothing to change the offense what are you talking about?  Favre knew maybe 10% of Schitty's crappy playbook 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

3. if fans like you had their way we'd fire HCs and GMs every year, cut QBs every year. if we had Mark in 2013 and 2015 we would have had a real playoff chance.

Oh look, more straw men, seems to be a thing today.

Let me enlighten you:  I don't call for coaches to be fired every year.  Only when they've shown they're not capable.  I.e. Mangenius when he was fired, Rex a year before he was fired, Boles today.  best of luck arguing I was wrong on any of those positions (excluding Bowles, who will either prove me right or wrong in 2017).

I also don't call for QB's to be cut every year, quite the contrary.  I was fine giving Mark three years as a starter, till he showed conclusively he wasn't legit.  and he wasn't, and isn't.  I admit, I wanted Geno benched after year 2, because Geno is horrible.  He has yet to prove me wrong.  I'm happy to wait on both Petty and Hack at this stage at least another year.  2 almost surely for Hack.  

Mark leading us to the playoffs in 2013 & 2015?  /lol, the fantasy of Jets fans never ends.   Mark never came close to a season like we had in 2015, and he never will.  No matter how many fair chances and weaponz.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Laugh all you want, but if you really think about it, Cowboys only made the playoffs because of Mark Sanchez's mentorship of Dak. He probably wont win it, you know, because of the lamestream media, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mark got a few MVP votes.

:lol:

Just now, thadude said:

Like you and $hitzpatrick?

No, actually, and a weak deflection.  

Fitz failed, and I knew it, and called him on it, and demanded he be benched, and I don't sing sad lamentations about how I miss him, how great he was, or coulda been, or how much I love his rugged good looks.

Sanchez fans, Geno fans, are still doing ALL of those things right up to today.

There is no comparison.  Be assured, in  four years I won;t be calling Fitz all the glowing hearthrobby things some folks in this thread are calling Sanchez.:lol:

By the way, how bad Fitz is has nothing to do with how bad Sanchez was.  Just so ya know, talking about one won;t change the other.

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

No football fan anywhere gives even the tiniest flake of sh*t about Chad, other than Jets fans.  Meanwhile, Tebow was talked and argued about by everyone, which is why he still probably deserves the nod in that regard.  Hell, even I think Chad was a better QB than Tebow.

Yeah, but my argument is Chad has been so argued about amongst Jets fans, he might have generated more debate overall than Tebow. 

No one debates Tebow anymore. He is now universally recognized as a crappy QB. 

We are still debating Chad here. That's ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

why would fans of other teams care about him?  that is like saying Jet fans should care about Steve Grogan.

9 minutes ago, thadude said:

Schotty did nothing to change the offense what are you talking about?  Favre knew maybe 10% of Schitty's crappy playbook 

they catered to Favre.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh look, more straw men, seems to be a thing today.

Let me enlighten you:  I don't call for coaches to be fired every year.  Only when they've shown they're not capable.  I.e. Mangenius when he was fired, Rex a year before he was fired, Boles today.  best of luck arguing I was wrong on any of those positions (excluding Bowles, who will either prove me right or wrong in 2017).

I also don't call for QB's to be cut every year, quite the contrary.  I was fine giving Mark three years as a starter, till he showed conclusively he wasn't legit.  and he wasn't, and isn't.  I admit, I wanted Geno benched after year 2, because Geno is horrible.  He has yet to prove me wrong.  I'm happy to wait on both Petty and Hack at this stage at least another year.  2 almost surely for Hack.  

Mark leading us to the playoffs in 2013 & 2015?  /lol, the fantasy of Jets fans never ends.   Mark never came close to a season like we had in 2015, and he never will.  No matter how many fair chances and weaponz.

thanks for enlightening me, you are still wrong but nice effort.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, actually, and a weak deflection.  

Fitz failed, and I knew it, and called him on it, and demanded he be benched, and I don't sing sad lamentations about how I miss him, how great he was, or coulda been, or how much I love his rugged good looks.

Sanchez fans, Geno fans, are still doing ALL of those things right up to today.

There is no comparison.  Be assured, in  four years I won;t be calling Fitz all the glowing hearthrobby things some folks in this thread are calling Sanchez.:lol:

By the way, how bad Fitz is has nothing to do with how bad Sanchez was.  Just so ya know, talking about one won;t change the other.

you were a Fitz fan and you have the audacity to call out folks that back Chad or Sanchez?  seriously?

go back one page, where you say you lose IQ points and that you look smarter by debating me.

after you insulted me.  if people want to give it to me that's ok, I will give it right back.  I'd prefer to act like adults and just discuss the issues but I can adapt to any style.

Just now, nyjunc said:

after you insulted me.  if people want to give it to me that's ok, I will give it right back.  I'd prefer to act like adults and just discuss the issues but I can adapt to any style.

Gotcha.  So, saying someone is using confirmation bias as a means of arguing a point, and that they're patting themselves on the back is the same as calling someone stupid.  Now I'm learning.

25 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Gotcha.  So, saying someone is using confirmation bias as a means of arguing a point, and that they're patting themselves on the back is the same as calling someone stupid.  Now I'm learning.

you can pretend you are innocent all you want, your first post today about/toward me was mocking me w/ the dak/sanchez comment.  you give, you get.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you can pretend you are innocent all you want, your first post today about/toward me was mocking me w/ the dak/sanchez comment.  you give, you get.

Got it.  So, joking about someone's football related argument with a football related comment is the same as calling someone stupid.

Got it.  So, joking about someone's football related argument with a football related comment is the same as calling someone stupid.

you attack a lot, it's ok.  I don't take anything personal but don't get offended when I give it back.

you attack a lot, it's ok.  I don't take anything personal but don't get offended when I give it back.

You asked for a link, I provided one a page before.  If you can't admit you're wrong here, then just acknowledge that you'll never admit you're wrong.

Archived