How bad do you guys miss Pennington right now?

tfine

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Remember when we traded for Favre and cut Chad, and then he signed with the Dolphins, and then they won the division and we missed the playoffs entirely, and jock-sniffers like nyjunc were all "THIS IS WHAT THE JETS GET FOR CUTTING A TRU WARRIER LIKE CHAD PENNINGTON, WATCH THE FINS WIN THE SB NOW, AND I WILL BE ROOTING FOR THEM ALL THE WAY, GO CHAD," and then the Ravens blew into Miami and bent Chad over and rogered him silly for three hours? That was awesome.

Remember how Ronnie Brown was really their QB that season anyway?

As for the 2004 season's opening of five wins, I don't expect fans here to remember what happened in each game.  Suffice to say I just looked at some records of those games and I don't think any fair minded person would say that Chad was the main reason the Jets succeeded in them. 

9 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

What does any of that have to do with the fact that Pennington wasn't any good? Not that it matters but in '08 we had a one-armed Brett Farve down the stretch. I really don't think Pennington would have won more than 5 games with that roster. In 15 we had that worthless piece of garbage Fitz. 

Would you like to at least attempt to make a valid point?

did favre play?  w/ a less than one arm Chad we nearly made the title game in 2004 against tougher schedule.  

all my points are valid, whether you choose to accept that or not is up to you.

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Looking at an entire season in totality is not "out of context."  It's doubtful, at this point, you even know what context means.

But, we've been through this exercise before.  You scrutinize the Jets to make a point about them, and then call the stats "out of context" and make whatever claim you want to make, but you don't scrutinize the other teams to that degree.  So, in reality, you're the one who's doing things out of context.

stats are black and white, they do not take situations into account.  again, look at the examples I gave.  2004 we were 2-1, nice record but our D allowed 10 total pts in the 2 wins.  it's hard to lose games like that in good weather but please keep deflecting.  you seem to have a fan club here that understands the game just as well as you do and you are impressing them.

As for the 2004 season's opening of five wins, I don't expect fans here to remember what happened in each game.  Suffice to say I just looked at some records of those games and I don't think any fair minded person would say that Chad was the main reason the Jets succeeded in them. 

Are you actually suggesting the Tim Rattay-led 49ers were NOT a powerhouse?

How dare you sir. How dare you.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

nyjunc has posted here that long? wow, i never noticed him until recently... has his content always been absurd?

I posted here a long time ago then came back a year or 2 ago.

thanks for your meaningless input as usual

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Remember how Ronnie Brown was really their QB that season anyway?

how did ronnie do in 2007? how about 2009? 2010?  it was just coincidence they had their only winning season w/ Chad.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

In my head I always just read his name as NY Junc.

thanks for joining the site, we hope you contribute in the future.

3 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I remember, it was soft but again we beat eventual 12 win San Diego on the road and lost a close game to eventual champ NE.

in order to be a good QB you have to be the main reason they succeed? Peyton and eli can hand back their 2 SB trophies then.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

do you offer anything of substance to this site?

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well, take the opener.  Carson Palmer started as a rookie for the Bengals, so there was that.  and Curtis Martin ran for 196 yards.  It's true Chad had a 20-27 ratio on pass attempts.  But it's also true Cincy had a bottom third pass D that year.

I am sure catch my drift.

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

did favre play?  w/ a less than one arm Chad we nearly made the title game in 2004 against tougher schedule. 

It's kind of weird how you keep using the prime examples of Chad's ineptitude as some sort of support for him.

They lost in the divisional round that year because the offense contributed a grand total of 3 points to the game.  Yes... 3.  The defense and special teams each contributed more than double that.  That game is not a sign of anything positive of him, it's a clear example of how mediocre he truly was.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's kind of weird how you keep using the prime examples of Chad's ineptitude as some sort of support for him.

They lost in the divisional round that year because the offense contributed a grand total of 3 points to the game.  Yes... 3.  The defense and special teams each contributed more than double that.  That game is not a sign of anything positive of him, it's a clear example of how mediocre he truly was.

on the road in a tough building to play in against the #1 ranked Defense w/ a torn rotator cuff.  how did we not score 50 that day?  can you tell me how we got to the divisional round?  did you see the game the week before?  and that's better than tanking it in the reg season and not making it against a much easier sched, right?

I don't miss Chad one bit. Pre or post injury Chad. Pre injury Chad is Alex Smith, and while worlds better than what we got, it's still Alex Smith and you ain't winning it all with him.

Alex Smith > Pennington. At least Smith has grown some balls of late and can throw downfield time to time.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

on the road in a tough building to play in against the #1 ranked Defense w/ a torn rotator cuff.  how did we not score 50 that day?  can you tell me how we got to the divisional round?  did you see the game the week before?  and that's better than tanking it in the reg season and not making it against a much easier sched, right?

He was completely useless that game, and yet you still tried to use it as some sort of praise for him.  I don't really care what nonsensical excuses you want to spew about why it's not his fault, he was still useless.

5 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

He was completely useless that game, and yet you still tried to use it as some sort of praise for him.  I don't really care what nonsensical excuses you want to spew about why it's not his fault, he was still useless.

I agree with you, he was not good that game but you have to factor in the fact he was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder against a very good D.  against SD in warm weather he was able to get through and make some big plays, in Pitt he wasn't but we still should have won if our K could make a kick though we would have lost at NE the following week anyway.

39 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

stats are black and white, they do not take situations into account.  again, look at the examples I gave.  2004 we were 2-1, nice record but our D allowed 10 total pts in the 2 wins.  it's hard to lose games like that in good weather but please keep deflecting.  you seem to have a fan club here that understands the game just as well as you do and you are impressing them.

This is what you don't understand about math... yes, one stat is black and white, but averages with large sample sizes tend to tell a meaningful story.

Also, the only evidence you have superior football knowledge to anyone is just you saying it.  But, by all means, keep beating that drum.

37 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I posted here a long time ago then came back a year or 2 ago.

thanks for your meaningless input as usual

how did ronnie do in 2007? how about 2009? 2010?  it was just coincidence they had their only winning season w/ Chad.

thanks for joining the site, we hope you contribute in the future.

I remember, it was soft but again we beat eventual 12 win San Diego on the road and lost a close game to eventual champ NE.

in order to be a good QB you have to be the main reason they succeed? Peyton and eli can hand back their 2 SB trophies then.

do you offer anything of substance to this site?

Lucky for you Jet Nut, joewilly and United all post here. Nobody remembers 4th place.

Something lost in this thread is how SMALL in Big Spots Curtis Martin usually was for us. LOL.

That ******* guy. Most cringeworthy and embarrassing HOF Induction speech ever. "I hate Football". "My daddy beat me and my Mother up every day with a hammer".

Jesus Christ, what a dumpster fire that was.

4 minutes ago, gEYno said:

This is what you don't understand about math... yes, one stat is black and white, but averages with large sample sizes tend to tell a meaningful story.

Also, the only evidence you have superior football knowledge to anyone is just you saying it.  But, by all means, keep beating that drum.

these aren't large sample sizes though.

I don't claim superior football knowledge, sometimes you guys just make me look like I have it.  if someone is claiming there was no difference w/ Chad and his backups I would question their football knowledge OR it's just they can't separate their dislike for a player to evaluate them fairly. I assume it's the latter but who knows?

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

these aren't large sample sizes though.

I don't claim superior football knowledge, sometimes you guys just make me look like I have it.  if someone is claiming there was no difference w/ Chad and his backups I would question their football knowledge OR it's just they can't separate their dislike for a player to evaluate them fairly. I assume it's the latter but who knows?

A full season is a plenty large sample size.

Actually, you do claim it, literally all the time.  You're doing it right now.

Archived