Another view from Jets Insider

shakin

Hello all...heard about the site and came to check it out. Nice job.

Just want to add my two cents about some of the J.I.-bashing and Sean-bashing I'm reading here.

Bob TJF made a good point in one of the posts here. He said this new board reminds him of the way JI used to be -- no holds barred, wild and pretty damned funny. Sean was a big part of that then too. Great back and forth with patsie fans -- it was addicting and just plain hilarious.

While you have every right to bitch about some of the restraints and rules Sean has implemented on the board, I think you need to understand a bit where he's coming from. Sean spent a lot of time and energy trying to earn JI recognition as a "legitimate" entity, in an effort to get true "insider" access to the New York Jets. After something like 6 years as just another site, he was finally able to get limited credentials for JI writers to cover the team -- getting access to practices, press conferences and games. That was unprecedented: Sean's was the first "fan-based" web site to be "recognized" in such a way in the entire NFL.

And that's the important thing to remember: with that NFL/NYJets access comes some "rules" that Sean really has no control over. Jets Insider (including the message board) is reviewed by league and team officials, and if it devolves regularly below certain "family" standards, they'll pull the plug. Period.

Why do you think the Jets official web site has no message board? Because it's virtually impossible to keep the wahoos on a message board in line with the standards of the NFL -- and that's the biggest challenge JI faces.

The tradeoff is that posters at JI are expected to understand a few relatively simple rules, and in return get unique daily first-hand coverage from mini camp, training camp, the sidelines of games, etc.

Maxman and Tomshane, you guys post some damn funny sh*t, and I'll miss reading your stuff over there. And I can easily understand you putting this board together. But there's no reason to take shots at a guy who spent plenty of his own time, energy and capital for years to put together something that undeniably has given everyone here a hell of a lot of enjoyment for years.

Later

Shakin, I ask you to check out our threads. We have really gone out of our way to be respectful to both Sean and JI, and we wish them no harm. Max and I are tools, but we're not low-class tools. We have been sure to not turn this into a JI vs. JN thing, and I honestly can't see where you've found evidence to the contrary.

Again, we wish Sean luck, and we understand his intent over there. That's fine and we'll respect that. But please do your homework before you take any underhanded shots at Max and I beneath the guise of looking diplomatic.

Thanks,

Yo Momma

:lol: My sister is a slut, so ha!

Check it, shake. Some people were letting off steam, and have since chilled. No reason for drama. Here's my original post on it to squash the disrespecting:

Dudes,

It's Sean's board over there. If that's what he wants to do, that's fine with me. Sorry to anybody that got "in trouble" for checking this place out. We don't want to start Sh#t with Sooth, or with JI. That place was cool for a long time, and it stil has it's merits. I met a ton of great people on there and I'm glad to have the opportunity to talk to them here, but let's not make this a JI vs. JN thing. You all are welcome here, and I think you get the general feel of what we want this place to be, which is laid-back, so we have to be careful not to piss in the pool, ya know what I mean? Let's just have fun.

:lol: My sister is a slut, so ha!

Check it, shake. Some people were letting off steam, and have since chilled. No reason for drama. Here's my original post on it to squash the disrespecting:

Tom, there's no drama. And we've both already wasted too much of our lives on this thread. I just wanted to point out that things ain't always what they seem.

Set me up with your sister's digits and I'll consider the matter over. Out

Shake, can we hug? And, will you play fantasy baseball with us?

Tom, there's no drama. And we've both already wasted too much of our lives on this thread. I just wanted to point out that things ain't always what they seem.

Set me up with your sister's digits and I'll consider the matter over. Out

Shakin:

I hear what you are saying. And like Tom mentioned we have gone out of our way to not bash ji. I liked it there.

I have told people as they came here that we aren't looking for problems. We started this site because we were no longer welcome there. After I was banned there today I started that ji thread which probably wasn't the best idea.

At the end of the day, we don't want the ji vs jn thing going on here. We have made that really clear to everyone who will listen.

Take Care,

Max

Hello all...heard about the site and came to check it out. Nice job.

Just want to add my two cents about some of the J.I.-bashing and Sean-bashing I'm reading here.

Bob TJF made a good point in one of the posts here. He said this new board reminds him of the way JI used to be -- no holds barred, wild and pretty damned funny. Sean was a big part of that then too. Great back and forth with patsie fans -- it was addicting and just plain hilarious.

While you have every right to b!tch about some of the restraints and rules Sean has implemented on the board, I think you need to understand a bit where he's coming from. Sean spent a lot of time and energy trying to earn JI recognition as a "legitimate" entity, in an effort to get true "insider" access to the New York Jets. After something like 6 years as just another site, he was finally able to get limited credentials for JI writers to cover the team -- getting access to practices, press conferences and games. That was unprecedented: Sean's was the first "fan-based" web site to be "recognized" in such a way in the entire NFL.

And that's the important thing to remember: with that NFL/NYJets access comes some "rules" that Sean really has no control over. Jets Insider (including the message board) is reviewed by league and team officials, and if it devolves regularly below certain "family" standards, they'll pull the plug. Period.

Why do you think the Jets official web site has no message board? Because it's virtually impossible to keep the wahoos on a message board in line with the standards of the NFL -- and that's the biggest challenge JI faces.

The tradeoff is that posters at JI are expected to understand a few relatively simple rules, and in return get unique daily first-hand coverage from mini camp, training camp, the sidelines of games, etc.

Maxman and Tomshane, you guys post some damn funny Sh#t, and I'll miss reading your stuff over there. And I can easily understand you putting this board together. But there's no reason to take shots at a guy who spent plenty of his own time, energy and capital for years to put together something that undeniably has given everyone here a hell of a lot of enjoyment for years.

Later

HEY handsome...we go way back also..but WHY ME? NO email, pm warning nothing...no bashing/tit for tat?! WHY ME?

HEY handsome...we go way back also..but WHY ME? NO email, pm warning nothing...no bashing/t!t for tat?! WHY ME?

Bren, I don't ban people on JI, and couldn't if I wanted to. I'm simply a mod on the political forum, and that's it. I'm sure Sooth didn't appreciate using his site to send people here...just a guess. This drama is all BS to me, and I've explained why Sean really had no choice but to "control" the board the way he does...bottom line is dozens of people made good friends on JI -- friends they NEVER would have met if not for Sean doing what he did on his own time and dime.

Bren, I don't ban people on JI, and couldn't if I wanted to. I'm simply a mod on the political forum, and that's it. I'm sure Sooth didn't appreciate using his site to send people here...just a guess. This drama is all BS to me, and I've explained why Sean really had no choice but to "control" the board the way he does...bottom line is dozens of people made good friends on JI -- friends they NEVER would have met if not for Sean doing what he did on his own time and dime.

I hear you bro. I never made the inner circle and only met a few people so I may be naive because I don't know what all the B.S. is about.

We are trying to move past it though. J.I. is a great site. I personally had lots of fun there.

HEY handsome...we go way back also..but WHY ME? NO email, pm warning nothing...no bashing/t!t for tat?! WHY ME?

I dont know exactly why he made the decision he made. Did you send PM's to others about this site? Abuse of the PM system is no different than posting a link on the board itself.

I know for a fact that the Jets GM reads the board on JI. He has told others at the radio show broadcasts what he reads on the board.

I dont know exactly why he made the decision he made. Did you send PM's to others about this site? Abuse of the PM system is no different than posting a link on the board itself.

I know for a fact that the Jets GM reads the board on JI. He has told others at the radio show broadcasts what he reads on the board.

We have no beef with JI here. His board, his rules. We completely understand that.

Like I have stated, it is a great site and I think the things you guys have accomplished over there is pretty amazing.

We just kind of want to move past this and do our own thing here. We mean ji, no ill will.

We have no beef with JI here. His board, his rules. We completely understand that.

Like I have stated, it is a great site and I think the things you guys have accomplished over there is pretty amazing.

We just kind of want to move past this and do our own thing here. We mean ji, no ill will.

Fix my PM Thing!!!!! It wont work..........

Fix my PM Thing!!!!! It wont work..........

Bro I answered you in the other thread that you started about this. The guy comes back in today and it is on the list of things to cover.

Not sure why it is happening. I have 3 other users that have the same problem.

I should be able to get it fixed today though. Sorry.

Bro I answered you in the other thread that you started about this. The guy comes back in today and it is on the list of things to cover.

Not sure why it is happening. I have 3 other users that have the same problem.

I should be able to get it fixed today though. Sorry.

Sorry, I just saw it. go to Tech Talk and answer my other question.

What Shakin said is true. Although I met you thru joisey, there's lots of other cool folks I we all never would've met without JI. Hopefully we can smooth this all over and have a brew together at 16H by next season.

can we make that tequilla??? :)

What Shakin said is true. Although I met you thru joisey, there's lots of other cool folks I we all never would've met without JI. Hopefully we can smooth this all over and have a brew together at 16H by next season.

T-Mac:

Agreed 100%. I had an email exchange with Sean. He banned us because he felt it was in the best interest of his board. I can't knock him for that.

In hindsight I wish I didn't start the 16-H thread here yesterday. I took a couple of swipes at Sean and I am not proud of what I said.

At the end of the day we want JetNation to be fun. By posting what I posted I broke my own Cardinal rule, because fighting is never fun.

I should never have taken my thoughts public. For that I am sorry.

Which means because Bob & I have added a link to this site - WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO GET BANNED FROM INSIDER as well? #-o

I hope not, I've always wanted to be objective & allow for both sides... <ahttp://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/emoticons/default_eusa_wall.gif' alt=](*,)'>

Nah. It shpuld be all good now. Let's just say that there was some bad 3rd person info getting back to JI that made things look worse that they appeared. You know how that goes. Sean's cool. He hates me and Max, but he's cool.

Which means because Bob & I have added a link to this site - WE'RE PROBABLY GOING TO GET BANNED FROM INSIDER as well? #-o

I hope not, I've always wanted to be objective & allow for both sides... <ahttp://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/emoticons/default_eusa_wall.gif' alt=](*,)'>

Baumer I think you guys will be fine. We do appreciate what you have done for us though.

But all parties involved have agreed to try and co-exist peacefully.

So I think you will be okay, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Thanks again though. Much appreciated.

Archived