HOTEL CALIFORNIA - TOWN WINS

DPR

Just now, D P R said:

I playing with an idea to deal with this - not for this game... we're only a day in - but in the future, I can see having a mechanism that allows al active players to vote on D2 or D3 to eject inactives from the game and have roles re-calibrated to move forward. Inactives have been a problem since the beginning of time and it really would be so much more fun if there was a way to just clear them from games.

Not sure how to handle this when Verb is actually the mod, but we can think of something. 

Some people just play low volumes game and that's fine. I become one at DM because its just a different feel and takes me longer to get a feel. I think it takes all kinds. A game of 17 Zanders would be tough to read as well. Love the due and so glad he plays but damn.. 17?  I mean, even 5-7 game related post per day would be nice to just get a feel. I like your twilight idea, see how it go's.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Some people just play low volumes game and that's fine. I become one at DM because its just a different feel and takes me longer to get a feel. I think it takes all kinds. A game of 17 Zanders would be tough to read as well. Love the due and so glad he plays but damn.. 17?  I mean, even 5-7 game related post per day would be nice to just get a feel. I like your twilight idea, see how it go's.

Yep, I'm not talking about players who don't post a lot - as you point out, that does balance the game out. As long as they are voting and playing, that's fine. I'm talking about people who disappear for days without letting anyone know. There is a difference, and it's why the players of each game would need to vote on any particular situation. Anyway, just an idea in progress. 

Just now, Krak said:

I suppose the same reason anyone would vote for a Pral lynch.

Except I think what Dice has posted so far is wolfy.

albeit perhaps more from a lack of substance in what he has posted.  what he has posted seems rather lackadaisical.

56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I have put my thoughts pretty clearly in the thread. Right now I think Zander and Jetscode are good places to look. I misunderstood a point Shad made and now that I looked at it he looks pretty good. No disrespect to anyone but the lopsided effort in this game is making it hard to have a solid feel.

I like this post.  Agree with Zander obviously disagree with me but Crusher at least is posting observations.

I'd like to hear more from JiF and Pac.

14 minutes ago, D P R said:

Yep, I'm not talking about players who don't post a lot - as you point out, that does balance the game out. As long as they are voting and playing, that's fine. I'm talking about people who disappear for days without letting anyone know. There is a difference, and it's why the players of each game would need to vote on any particular situation. Anyway, just an idea in progress. 

The game (in general not this one), needs a mechanism where a player who fails to vote in two consecutive game days requires one less vote to lynch the next day...maybe that's not exactly right...but some incentive to get each player to choose.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

The game (in general not this one), needs a mechanism where a player who fails to vote in two consecutive game days requires one less vote to lynch the next day...maybe that's not exactly right...but some incentive to get each player to choose.

I will say, DEMONOLOGY being one example, that I didn't feel it was necessary to vote - I believe it was 2 times in a row - because the person I wanted to get lynched was the common consensus and there was no chance they weren't being lynched.

1 minute ago, Krak said:

I will say, DEMONOLOGY being one example, that I didn't feel it was necessary to vote - I believe it was 2 times in a row - because the person I wanted to get lynched was the common consensus and there was no chance they weren't being lynched.

I know.  Each game different but hard to read low post players who don't vote.  

26 minutes ago, Krak said:

You were active in the game though, so your play was never an issue. 

Current Vote Count:

Chihuahua ( 2 ) - dice, Zander

Gerb ( 1 ) - 80

Crush ( 1 ) - Chihuahua

80 ( 1 ) - Gerb

dice ( 1 ) - Krak

Zander ( 2 ) - Crusher, Jets

JiF ( 1 ) - AJ

Pral ( 1 ) - Lee

With 19 players, it takes 10 to make a band.

*Deadline in 11.5 hours (8:30 pm EST).

**Get yer reads lists ready to post immediately after the lynch.

Normal conversation may only resume until all reads lists are posted.

***Make your choices (Lady, Captain, Night Man) before the lynch, or no gifts for you.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I played a game on DM where there was a rule where you had to have a certain number of posts a day in order to not be mod killed. 

Just now, Kaylee said:

I played a game on DM where there was a rule where you had to have a certain number of posts a day in order to bit be mod killed. 

See, that forces people to play against a style or tactic that they may find valuable in a particular game. The idea is not to squelch a player's ability to play, but rather to avoid the always negative effect of players that sign-up and don't play. Not folks that are playing, just not as out-front as others.