HOTEL CALIFORNIA - TOWN WINS

DPR

1 hour ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I've already hinted at it quite a bit.

Well I missed it you wanna tell me or if not give me an idea of roughly where it is itt?!!?!?

1 hour ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Though I'm willing to consider that maybe there are a few different powers that could be granted by each respective totem, so to speak.

This makes sense

46 minutes ago, Krak said:

I wish you hadn't

Why?!?!?!!?

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Question for everyone who's called Traveler:

When did you receive your gift from choosing one of (The Lady, The Captain, The Nightman)?

I received mine just before Day 2.

Same

1 minute ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Probably not. It's the first I've seen it

As N1 was ending 

ya im trying to find it now.

I got mine at the same which is why im finding Chrja saying to be pretty ****ed up because the way it read to me was we got our roles from whoever we went to at night.

Especially since both Verb and Notbob flipped VT

Just now, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

ya im trying to find it now.

I got mine at the same which is why im finding Chrja saying to be pretty ****ed up because the way it read to me was we got our roles from whoever we went to at night.

Especially since both Verb and Notbob flipped VT

Fwiw I think we're all just "town travelers" and the power is only granted through your totem selection

Since all the Town Travelers seem to have gotten their roles after Day 1, then the message sent to Chrja about Crusher must have come from someone who started the game with the Mailman role. Could it have been one of the three (Lady, Captain, Nightman)? Are they Town with starting abilities, plus being able to award abilities to all the Vanilla Townies?

I suspect that message was sent from Scum to confuse, and, therefore, I believe both Chrja and Crusher to be Town.

3 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

So thoughts on Chrja getting messages N0 especially since youre claiming youre the Mailman!?!?!?!

Stay with us Zander, Mailman is (supposedly) one of several roles that can be awarded by The Lady, Captain, Nightman. And that started after Day 1. Other supposed roles are Lie Detector and Framer.

1 minute ago, Andrej The Giant said:

That's possible and similar to the last DPR game I played to some extent 

Something I saw earlier in the thread, but never thought too much of. One player hinted that they were one of the three, but I'm unsure of calling them out on it. I don't want to shed light on a possible Town power role.

If that person wants to come forward again, they can.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Since all the Town Travelers seem to have gotten their roles after Day 1, then the message sent to Chrja about Crusher must have come from someone who started the game with the Mailman role. Could it have been one of the three (Lady, Captain, Nightman)? Are they Town with starting abilities, plus being able to award abilities to all the Vanilla Townies?

I suspect that message was sent from Scum to confuse, and, therefore, I believe both Chrja and Crusher to be Town.

Lots of assumptions here.

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think The Lady, The Captain, The Nightman, are three people in this game. Probably Town.

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Unless youre claiming one of them this all whole lot of speculation youre trying to sell imo

2 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Lots of assumptions here.

True. I've been drinking (some), but I think I'm on to something. So far, though, you, Dice, Zander, and I all received our roles at about the same time. I don't think it's a big assumption to believe that everyone else did. So, assuming that Chrja is telling the truth, then the message came from someone who started the game with that role.

3 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

Unless youre claiming one of them this all whole lot of speculation youre trying to sell imo

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Something I saw earlier in the thread, but never thought too much of. One player hinted that they were one of the three, but I'm unsure of calling them out on it. I don't want to shed light on a possible Town power role.

If that person wants to come forward again, they can.

Look at this Zander^^.

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Stay with us Zander, Mailman is (supposedly) one of several roles that can be awarded by The Lady, Captain, Nightman. And that started after Day 1. Other supposed roles are Lie Detector and Framer.

My point was that if this is the case we have MULTIPLE Mailmen roles which seems strange to me.

And everyone thus far stated they got their roles N1 where Chrja said he got his message N0.

It alos stated the Mailman could be either Town OR Scum.

If Chrja was Scum!Mailman he'd have prolly had his role itself N0 in his role pm because Id assume Scum would have had their roles to start for balancing purposes.  And him claming to get a message night ONLY makes sense to me if he was Scum.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Look at this Zander^^.

I read it dude, and like I said an AJ as well I believe its a lot of assumptions youre making based on this speculation.

So unless you or that person come forward saying you were one of them then it seems strange for you to come to this conclusion imo.

I don't mind the speculation is just relies on a ton of assumptions. There very well could be those three actually present in the game

but that doesn't answer how/why one of them got a notice that Crusher was scum or how they were able to send it to someone or why they picked Chrja specially

1 minute ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

My point was that if this is the case we have MULTIPLE Mailmen roles which seems strange to me.

And everyone thus far stated they got their roles N1 where Chrja said he got his message N0.

It alos stated the Mailman could be either Town OR Scum.

If Chrja was Scum!Mailman he'd have prolly had his role itself N0 in his role pm because Id assume Scum would have had their roles to start for balancing purposes.  And him claming to get a message night ONLY makes sense to me if he was Scum.

1. Yeah, it is strange, but I believe all the roles awarded are just a x1. Although, perhaps if someone started with it, it isn't. Chrja did get two successive messages.

2 Yeah, this is what got me thinking about someone starting the game with that role. We can reasonable assume how Town gets their roles, but Scum doesn't necessarily have to follow the same rules.

3. Yes. I'm aware that Mailman could be Scum.

4.No, Chrja would not be the mailman. Someone else is, sending the messages to Chrja. What do you mean him claiming to get a message at Night?

I'm thinking that Chrja is not Scum, but could be a Townie Scum is toying with.

2 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I don't mind the speculation is just relies on a ton of assumptions. There very well could be those three actually present in the game

but that doesn't answer how/why one of them got a notice that Crusher was scum or how they were able to send it to someone or why they picked Chrja specially

I was hoping someone else was gonna say this because sometimes I get a little scared Im too far down the tunnel but ya this is a really good question imo.

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If Chrja didn't get any messages, how could he know that there was a Mailman role in the game. It's an eerie coincidence, don't you think?

He could just be full of sh*t

but yes, quite the coincidence. This is all conjecture until he comes in and confirms or denies it anyway

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OH NO.....ITS ZANDER!!!!!! said:

I read it dude, and like I said an AJ as well I believe its a lot of assumptions youre making based on this speculation.

So unless you or that person come forward saying you were one of them then it seems strange for you to come to this conclusion imo.

I think that person claimed.

4 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

No, no, no. The three I mentioned wouldn't get the message that Crusher was scum. They sent it. If it works how MafiaScum says, than the Mailman is able to send a message to another player, via the Mod. It also said that similar roles can investigate then send a message.

If Scum sent the message, then Chrja is probably the perfect person to choose to send a fake message. Think about it. New player that no one really knows. People are not gonna know what to think and that's gonna confuse the hell out of everyone.

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Why would a Townie try and get cute by labeling someone randomly as Scum?? Doesn't make sense.

I've seen it twice in the past few months.

Reactions/see who goes fishing for more/stupid WIFOM sh*t

Just saying it does happen.  If we'd lynched the guy who started poking and prodding for more details last time, my team would have won.  <_<

4 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

He could just be full of sh*t

but yes, quite the coincidence. This is all conjecture until he comes in and confirms or denies it anyway

True. My main point is, is that I no longer believe that lynching one of Chrja or Crusher to vet the messages is a viable strategy.