HOTEL CALIFORNIA - TOWN WINS

DPR

1 minute ago, Andrej The Giant said:

If those other slackers were the PR givers I'm gonna be pissed.

I was gonna say that perhaps the 3 power roles have a limit on how much they can post, and perhaps that could explain the lack of participation, but Shad has been pretty active...

Hmm...

Just now, Andrej The Giant said:

I say this because JC was suspicious of Spoot from D1 and got pieced up twice.

also I'm assuming 1x R is for roleblocker which coupled with a framer are two very scummy roles.

1. Yeah, I gave JC a pass on his suspicion D1, because I know my play can look scummy, but after he took over for Leelou, I suspected his suspicion, because I, IMO, thought I looked pretty good after that.

2. No, not Roleblocker.

It's possible if everyone got the same stuff from Shad that they're all the same alignment.

otjerwise I have no clue why me and Spoot don't have similar abilities and DPR likes symmetry from what I've seen

No, because we know that Lee and Verb were Town. Crusher is Town, too, and he didn't choose Nightman.

Maybe there's not a difference in the choosers, but a difference in the givers. If only we could talk to two people who choose the Captain.

Those inactives really ****ed us. This game setup has sooooooo much ******* potential.

4 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I'm not following Spoot.

I strongly suspect Zander is Town. Verb and Lee were town. The others are question marks. Shad has told us everyone got the same thing every night.

so do both alignments get the same gift?

Yeah, I'm thinking that Scum and Town are both under the same totem, and they all follow the same rules, but there could be different rules for each totem. Shad said he didn't know anyone's alignment. Maybe part of the game is the totems have to figure the alignment of who is on their pole.

Player Setup:

19 Players

(1) The Nightman (Shad): Zander, Leelou, Verbal, Lizzie, Pac, and Hallia (6)

The Captain: JC (1)

The Lady: AJ, Spoot (2)

Unaccounted: 80, Crusher, JiF, Raccoon, Nolder, Chrja, Pral, Krak, Dice (9)

The blue are who we know are Town, and they are spread across at least 2 different totem poles. Even if Crusher chose the Captain, then that leaves the Lady with unconfirmed alignment, but so far it's only you and I on there. I know I'm Town, and I'm pretty damn sure you are, too. Therefore, I believe Scum and Town are mixed throughout the 3 poles. And, if we're talking about balance, does it make sense for the 3 totems to all be aligned to Town?

It could be a mix of 1 Scum Totem and 2 Town Totem, or vice versa. That could explain why there seem to be different rules for different gifts.

Perhaps the Totems are 3rd Party, and if so, what is their end game? What is their goal?

I could see how different totems could be under different rules, as you say.

ladies are fickle, am I right?

Woulda been more appropriate:

Player: "Okay, Lady, what gift do you want to give me?"

The Lady: "I don't know, what do you want me to give you?"

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking maybe the totems are neutral aligned players. If both alignments receive gifts from them it's hard for me to believe they're exclusively Town. Also Shad being 3P sort of makes sense because I would normally be Town reading the sh*t out of him.

This opens Pral/Tiink as possible scum imo.

1 minute ago, Andrej The Giant said:

I'm thinking maybe the totems are neutral aligned players. If both alignments receive gifts from them it's hard for me to believe they're exclusively Town. Also Shad being 3P sort of makes sense because I would normally be Town reading the sh*t out of him.

This opens Pral/Tiink as possible scum imo.

1. Yeah, I'm thinking either the totems are 3rd party, or mixed scum and town. If they are 3rd party, though, what do you think their goal might be? Just to have everyone else kill each other?

2. My first guess would be Pral being Scum. I've liked Raccoon as Town all game.

Perhaps we can set Shad aside for now.

I can stab Pral tonight. Crusher is Town, and I've been reading Dice as Town all game, but I've been reading Krak as Scum all game. Could be why the steely knife failed.

If that's the case, who is the best lynch? LK? 80?