AFC/NFC Championship Games Discussion Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Il Mostro said:

I am glad the Falcons are there.  I remember when they and the Saints first came into the league and were predictably awful.  I guess this one is for Tommy Nobis.  I hope they kick the living crap out of the Pats.

If I got to choose, I'd rather they kick the crap out of the Steelers so I don't have to watch another Pats SB but maybe I'm nitpicking :)

ok falcons:

1)  all of your walkthroughs are being taped, make sure you plant dummy plays, just ask the rams

2) sanitize all facilities before using them, and have all food inspected and tested, and boil all water

3) move random parts of the  team to various random hotels the night before the game

Just now, nycdan said:

If I got to choose, I'd rather they kick the crap out of the Steelers so I don't have to watch another Pats SB but maybe I'm nitpicking :)

Yeah, I am torn on that.  I hate the Pats and will always root against them, but if they are to fall on their faces...

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Or you were born to hang out with them.  Same thing?

Yep.  Jets and Mets fan since the beginning. I have endured a lot of losing -- but what the hell, it builds scar tissue.  I am pulling hard for another Super Bowl and WS in what's left of my coherent and ambulatory life.  Another Rangers Stanley Cup wouldn't hurt.

Just now, Il Mostro said:

Yep.  Jets and Mets fan since the beginning. I have endured a lot of losing -- but what the hell, it builds scar tissue.  I am pulling hard for another Super Bowl and WS in what's left of my coherent and ambulatory life.  Another Rangers Stanley Cup wouldn't hurt.

I notice you left out the Knicks.  Has Dolan crushed your spirit there?  I'd understand completely...

15 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

This league is built on game changers we need some .. 

Sure do. Macc has to make some solid picks in rounds 2-5 at RB and TE. Maybe even a WR depending on the decisions with Decker and Marshall. Most important is to have someone to be able to get those game changers the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Intentionally so.  I'll just have to savor '69-'70 and '72-'73 indefinitely.  Keen eye on your part.

I almost hate the Knicks now for what Dolan did to the franchise (though I remain a Ranger fan).  Isiah Thomas might've destroyed my Knick-fandom.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

If Coates catches the ball that hits his hands, then no. As usual with you.

that is MO

people saying that Haley might be a good choice to replace Bowles , to him he sucks

people saying Beasley is a better pass rusher then Leo and might be a better choice , he goes out of his way today to say that Beasley didn't do anything.

I never seen such an ass kisser to Bowles or the Jets in general.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes ther ever reliant Sammie Coates. Let's trust him. 

It's 3rd and 1. Your running back has gained 9 yards. RUN THE BALL

Irrelevant. The play call worked, the receiver failed. You talk out your ass.

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

that is MO

people saying that Haley might be a good choice to replace Bowles , to him he sucks

people saying Beasley is a better pass rusher then Leo and might be a better choice , he goes out of his way today to say that Beasley didn't do anything.

I never seen such an ass kisser to Bowles or the Jets in general.

I never wanted Haley to replace Bowles. Haley doesn't have the temperament for this market.

Beasley is a better pass rusher. But in terms of bringing value they are about even.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

It is a source of constant amazement to me that, regardless of the respective strengths and weaknesses of each team in any given season, the Steelers always always always fold like a cheap suit against the Pats.

Sounds about right.

Archived