Dan Quinn

Lizard King

34 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Bellichick coached the browns for like 5 years and failed to develop another Brady or even another Pennington. But all of you guys have amnesia for that half decade of failure.

Not only that but he has coached:

Kosar

Vinny

Bledsoe

Cassell

each has made the playoffs w/ another team and only one made it w/ BB(Vinny who made the div rd.  w/ BP vinny made the title game)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Not only that but he has coached:

Kosar

Vinny

Bledsoe

Cassell

each has made the playoffs w/ another team and only one made it w/ BB(Vinny who made the div rd.  w/ BP vinny made the title game)

At one point do you stop with this "Brady made Belichick" argument. You sound misinformed, and like your counterparts here, just salty. Parcell's his self would tell you "son, do you research, Belichick is not because of just one player" 

and there's been evidence of plenty of other coaches getting more then one opportunity to be a head coach, not just a coordinator. Stop!   

6 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

At one point do you stop with this "Brady made Belichick" argument. You sound misinformed, and like your counterparts here, just salty. Parcell's his self would tell you "son, do you research, Belichick is not because of just one player" 

and there's been evidence of plenty of other coaches getting more then one opportunity to be a head coach, not just a coordinator. Stop!   

BB has developed into a great HC, an all time great HC BUT when Brady took over he was not one and he had not earned the respect of his players.  there were already rumblings about his job after the poor start, he was rated as the 31st ranked HC going into that season by some.  Brady coming in and turning them around got the team to believe and gave BB time to develop into a great HC.  he knows this game better than anyone but there's much more to being a successful HC than knowing the game.

had he been fired in NE he would have been a 2 time loser as a HC, no one would have given him a 3rd chance unless he was an interim after his HC he was working for got fired.

sometimes #s can lie, in this case they don't.  his record w/o and w/o Brady is startling but I guess it was all just pure coincidence?

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

BB has developed into a great HC, an all time great HC BUT when Brady took over he was not one and he had not earned the respect of his players.  there were already rumblings about his job after the poor start, he was rated as the 31st ranked HC going into that season by some.  Brady coming in and turning them around got the team to believe and gave BB time to develop into a great HC.  he knows this game better than anyone but there's much more to being a successful HC than knowing the game.

had he been fired in NE he would have been a 2 time loser as a HC, no one would have given him a 3rd chance unless he was an interim after his HC he was working for got fired.

sometimes #s can lie, in this case they don't.  his record w/o and w/o Brady is startling but I guess it was all just pure coincidence?

You acknowledge he is a great head coach, but then go on to say he is only one because of the QB??. You don’t become great because of one incident, one person. And I’m sure not one person has ever argued he was great at the time he got brady…he made not have been great but he was SMART! Because he had a hench on something and it panned out for him and the franchise…that’s helps too

Brady didn’t develop on his own…..BB has a part in that.

And brady does not develop defensive game plans, he does not draft, go out and get  essential players to help him(brady) win games…he never developed Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi. Brady didn’t go into BB office and told him when and how to let go players. The offense is not built around what brady likes to do, as oppose to what the head coach sees as a much more productive system to help the team and the QB out.

And you have no hard evidence or proof, that in his first few years of coaching the Pats, he was gonna lose his job and or he wasn’t liked…that is all opinionated

2 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

You acknowledge he is a great head coach, but then go on to say he is only one because of the QB??. You don’t become great because of one incident, one person. And I’m sure not one person has ever argued he was great at the time he got brady…he made not have been great but he was SMART! Because he had a hench on something and it panned out for him and the franchise…that’s helps too

Brady didn’t develop on his own…..BB has a part in that.

And brady does not develop defensive game plans, he does not draft, go out and get  essential players to help him(brady) win games…he never developed Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruschi. Brady didn’t go into BB office and told him when and how to let go players. The offense is not built around what brady likes to do, as oppose to what the head coach sees as a much more productive system to help the team and the QB out.

And you have no hard evidence or proof, that in his first few years of coaching the Pats, he was gonna lose his job and or he wasn’t liked…that is all opinionated

I acknowledge he is a great coach and that he wouldn't be one today w.o Brady b/c he never would have had the time to develop into one.  I think he'd be successful NOW w.o Brady.  I don't think in 2001 he would have been successful w/o Brady b/c he wasn't yet a great HC.

BB played a role but what other QB developed under Brady?

BB's defenses have been highly overrated through the years when he has been a HC. they aren't winning anything w/o Brady rescuing those Ds.

Brady allows him to develop other players, they don't need the most talented teams b/c Brady elevates his teammates.  I feel like he wasted many years where they could have won SBs but he got cheap or kept trading back.

remember, there were 31 teams in the league at the time.  2001 after week 2

18p546.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/brady-belichick-deserves-credit-pats-success-article-1.2952364

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Bellichick coached the browns for like 5 years and failed to develop another Brady or even another Pennington. But all of you guys have amnesia for that half decade of failure.

Look, I hate BB, but he had that team turned around until Art announced week 4 he was moving the team.   He had to replace old Bernie with Vinny T.

Brady and BB are perfect together, just like Montana was perfect for what Walsh wanted to do.

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Look, I hate BB, but he had that team turned around until Art announced week 4 he was moving the team.   He had to replace old Bernie with Vinny T.

Brady and BB are perfect together, just like Montana was perfect for what Walsh wanted to do.

Modell announced the Browns were moving November 6th, 1995.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/art-modell-announces-browns-moving-baltimore-1995-article-1.2855269

On November 5th the Browns lost at home 37-10 to the Houston Oilers to fall to 4-5, this was their 4th loss in 5 games.  To say he had them turned around would be an incorrect statement.  

Vinny T would have the best single season in Jets franchise history 3 years later and lead us to the AFC Championship Game.  

The 1995 season in Cleveland was BB's 4th losing season in 5 years.

Hey guys, Falcons fan here. I love reading the Jets forums so when I saw this thread I created the account to give some insight. 

As for Quinn--he's had his ups and downs this year, decision-wise, but when he mismanages a situation it's usually for being too aggressive. He perhaps cost us a win or two--but these are reachable, and he learned not to chase points. 

As for his defense, they really started to peak about week 12ish after the bye week. He preaches fast and physical...So let's look at the 11 starters...

CB: Robert Alford. 4th year player was here before Quinn.

CB: Jalen Collins. 2015 2nd round pick BY QUINN who didn't play last year. Stepped in for trufant after injury and has played well.

CB: Brian Poole...UDFA BY QUINN. Tough, physical. Starting at the nickel from day 1. Laid hits on rodgers and wilson

SS: Keanu. 2016 first rounder BY QUINN.

FS: Ricardo Allen. Drafted by Mike Smith in 2014 as a CB. Cut by Smith following preseason and signed to the PS. Quinn converted him to safety and has picked Wilson and Rodgers.

LB: Devondre Campbell. Drafted in round 4 in 2016 BY QUINN.

LB: Deion Jones. Drafted one pick after Hackenberg by QUINN

DE: Vic beasley. 2015 first rounder BY QUINN

DT: Grady Jarrett 2015 fifth rounder BY QUINN

DT: Rashede Hageman: drafted by Smith. Recently breaking out.

DE: Brooks Reed/Freeney--Quinn f/a. 

You can argue that Quinn is directly responsible for 9 of these guys. His 7 picks/udfa, his free agent signing and converting Allen into a leader of the defense via position change. 

Also of the 11 spots...

Rookie=4, second year=3 third year=2(counting Allen's practice squad year), 4th year=1 and veteran=Reed, Freeney and DL rotation

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2017 at 8:30 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Your point being?

On 1/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes. With Matt Ryan carrying a very poor defense.

On 1/22/2017 at 8:31 PM, JetsFanatic said:

What's the point of this thread? Tiresome

On 1/22/2017 at 8:32 PM, C Mart said:

LOL. The lack of intelligence by some.  So entertaining. 

On 1/22/2017 at 8:34 PM, JetsFanatic said:

Unfortunately it's more than just a few.

On 1/22/2017 at 8:35 PM, BigRy56 said:

It's all about the quarterback, jack.

On 1/22/2017 at 8:36 PM, Lizard King said:

That Dan Quinn is now in the super bowl 

On 1/22/2017 at 8:39 PM, KRL said:

If Bowles had the 2015 Quinn did Jet fans would've been calling for him to be fired 
last year.  I know most "big football fans" won't know this but:

- ATL started the season 5-0 with a real QB

- They then went 3-8 the rest of the year and missed the playoffs

On 1/22/2017 at 8:44 PM, flgreen said:

Well, thanks for that.  I might add that Justin Outten is also in the Super Bowl

On 1/22/2017 at 8:44 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

No. In fact Quinn's defense sucked this year.

This is beautiful. 

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Playing with a lead. Easier to play defense like that. Seen it all postseason

I think the reason the offense has the lead is because of a strip fumble by the defense that put the offense in great field position as well as a pick 6 by the defense...something that Tom Brady has never done in the playoffs until tonight. 

This defense may not be the best, but the for sure showed up tonight, and outside of the two points already made, the defense has been giving Brady a beating with just a 4 man pass rush. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I think the reason the offense has the lead is because of a strip fumble by the defense that put the offense in great field position as well as a pick 6 by the defense...something that Tom Brady has never done in the playoffs until tonight. 

This defense may not be the best, but the for sure showed up tonight. 

Their defense is quick. I will give them that. Buck just said it. They are playing at a different speed. And they are opportunistic too.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:12 AM, FalconJet said:

Hey guys, Falcons fan here. I love reading the Jets forums so when I saw this thread I created the account to give some insight. 

As for Quinn--he's had his ups and downs this year, decision-wise, but when he mismanages a situation it's usually for being too aggressive. He perhaps cost us a win or two--but these are reachable, and he learned not to chase points. 

As for his defense, they really started to peak about week 12ish after the bye week. He preaches fast and physical...So let's look at the 11 starters...

CB: Robert Alford. 4th year player was here before Quinn.

CB: Jalen Collins. 2015 2nd round pick BY QUINN who didn't play last year. Stepped in for trufant after injury and has played well.

CB: Brian Poole...UDFA BY QUINN. Tough, physical. Starting at the nickel from day 1. Laid hits on rodgers and wilson

SS: Keanu. 2016 first rounder BY QUINN.

FS: Ricardo Allen. Drafted by Mike Smith in 2014 as a CB. Cut by Smith following preseason and signed to the PS. Quinn converted him to safety and has picked Wilson and Rodgers.

LB: Devondre Campbell. Drafted in round 4 in 2016 BY QUINN.

LB: Deion Jones. Drafted one pick after Hackenberg by QUINN

DE: Vic beasley. 2015 first rounder BY QUINN

DT: Grady Jarrett 2015 fifth rounder BY QUINN

DT: Rashede Hageman: drafted by Smith. Recently breaking out.

DE: Brooks Reed/Freeney--Quinn f/a. 

You can argue that Quinn is directly responsible for 9 of these guys. His 7 picks/udfa, his free agent signing and converting Allen into a leader of the defense via position change. 

Also of the 11 spots...

Rookie=4, second year=3 third year=2(counting Allen's practice squad year), 4th year=1 and veteran=Reed, Freeney and DL rotation

You should post out here more. 

The real key to this thread was that our coach Bowles was awful this year but in truth I don't know if Quinn does that much better with our roster and he is going to probably win a SB. 

Also the Falcons were loaded on offense so that could afford Quinn to focus on drafting and acquiring defensive players. The Jets could afforded no such luxury 

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:
3 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

I don't recall Bowles' team ever having a 19 point fourth quarter lead.

I don't recall Bowles' team blowing a 19 pt. 4th quarter lead.

Was there even one game where we had a 19 pt lead this season ?

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

This is almost as bad as when the Packers blew that game against the Seahawks in the playoffs a couple of years ago.

This is almost as bad as not giving Marshawn Lynch the ball in the Seahawks Patriots Super Bowl..... We already know the outcome of this.  I just feel sorry for whoever was dumb enough to place a million dollar bet on the falcons winning this game.  

Just now, Jetsmanjb said:

This is almost as bad as not giving Marshawn Lynch the ball in the Seahawks Patriots Super Bowl..... We already know the outcome of this.  I just feel sorry for whoever was dumb enough to place a million dollar bet on the falcons winning this game.  

This is the part where Brady doesn't even allow the Falcons to get the ball back.  

Archived