Dan Quinn

Lizard King

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, detectivekimble said:

75 yards 6.8 YPA.  They were pummeling the Pats on the ground.  Not sure why they would stop, considering that it was in their interest to shorten the game.

This is a problem for Atlanta. They were getting all their runs to the outside on sweeps or sweep like plays. They need a guy like Blount who can get the tough yards when necessary

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

They lost because they couldn't stop Brady all 2nd half. The one play call everyone is 2nd guessing, the Falcons didn't execute it, Pats did. If the falcons ran it, got stopped, misssed the FG or fumbled they would have been 2nd guessed too. Everyone's new great hire HC defensive wizards D couldn't make a stop in the 2nd half and had the deer in headlights look. 

If Matt Ryan milks the clock down to 1 second before snapping the ball, if Shanahan calls for 3 Freeman runs and attempts the FG, the game is over.  There simply isn't enough clock to make up a 28-9 deficit in a quarter.  Unless the opposing team screws it all up, that is.

SAR I

How do you take the ball out of the end zone at the end of regulation? 57 seconds on the clock. Catch that in the end zone. Stay in the end zone.

Different drive all together if Matt has a little more wiggle room. One quick pass and you are at the 40.

Also you CAN NOT, spike the ball in that spot on 2nd down. Yes time was running out, but you can not put your team in a position where they would have to put. Really bad execution and coaching.

Ryan showing horrible clock management. Brady is brady, but after Julio makes that catch, you run it, run the clock and kick a 40 yard er to go up by 10.

Atlanta's D got tired.  Their offensemble did nothing to help them out, and no one can pass rush 60 times a game. 

Ryan showing horrible clock management. Brady is brady, but after Julio makes that catch, you run it, run the clock and kick a 40 yard er to go up by 10.

Atlanta's D got tired.  Their offensemble did nothing to help them out, and no one can pass rush 60 times a game. 

This was bad, and everyone could feel it.

They were gassed by the 3rd quarter, Pats almost ran 100 plays!! That's unheard of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The end of that game is why you don't annoint coaches as "geniuses" after they get
a little success.  Quinn & Shanahan both wet the bed and cost ATL the win.  When
NE got to within 8 points (28-20) let's count the ways:

- ATL had no timeouts left

- ATL was rushing their plays.  Instead of snapping the ball with 2-3 seconds
on the play clock they were snapping it with 15-16 seconds

- After Jones made that incredible catch that put them in FG range the morons 
continued to call pass plays.  Leading to a sack and a holding call that pushed
them out of FG range

- Blank their owner left his box and came onto the field wanting to celebrate
prematurely

Again there's only one genius HC and that's Belichick

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Kyle Shannahan is in huge trouble.  The internet is blowing up with 49er fans wanting to rescind the head coaching job, Falcons fans want him burned at the stake.

SAR I

yeah i can imagine shanahan getting some heat for that game.  they did very well in the first half and it went to their heads.  there was no ryhme or reason in the second half.  shanahan looked just as lost as little joshy did in the first half.

dan quinn deserves a ton of heat too. his team thought they had it in the bag and chose to take it easy during the second half.  and the ball stopped bouncing their way.  how the f*** did edelman catch that ball?  if there that call was doubtful because it didn't look like he had full control in game speed.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

How do you take the ball out of the end zone at the end of regulation? 57 seconds on the clock. Catch that in the end zone. Stay in the end zone.

Different drive all together if Matt has a little more wiggle room. One quick pass and you are at the 40.

Also you CAN NOT, spike the ball in that spot on 2nd down. Yes time was running out, but you can not put your team in a position where they would have to put. Really bad execution and coaching.

the falcon oline was getting pressed the whole game.  except for those early end runs they just weren't blocking very well.  and ryan was looking downfield way too much.  he wasn't getting the ball out quick enough. he was probably trying to go to jones too much and those plays took too long.

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

The end of that game is why you don't annoint coaches as "geniuses" after they get
a little success.  Quinn & Shanahan both wet the bed and cost ATL the win.  When
NE got to within 8 points (28-20) let's count the ways:

- ATL had no timeouts left

- ATL was rushing their plays.  Instead of snapping the ball with 2-3 seconds
on the play clock they were snapping it with 15-16 seconds

- After Jones made that incredible catch that put them in FG range the morons 
continued to call pass plays.  Leading to a sack and a holding call that pushed
them out of FG range

- Blank their owner left his box and came onto the field wanting to celebrate
prematurely

Again there's only one genius HC and that's Belichick

I feel really bad for the Guy . I happen to think he's a honest to goodness good person, and that was the kind of ending that could have long lasting effects on a person's health .  

It is always all about coaches allowing chunks of yardage once they get a lead.  the irony is that they did pass on the play they did.  Usually coaches turtle in that situation.  When you have a shot at points on the board, though........I guess Quinn is not Vince Lombardi.  And Ryan is not Bart Starr.  They had a great year, though, although I have never been a fan of Ryan's.  See how quick he was to congratulate Brady?  Brady was waiting for the TD to be official and Ryan was already over there being a super sport.  Sickening.  And hate them or not, the Pats are the best prepared team-- game plan-wise  and adjustment-wise-- than there ever was.  They are ready to deal with every situation.  Ugh.  Belichick is a football genius,  Brady may make it all go for him  but he did not play defense in the second half.

And don't believe the line the media was repeating last night that "ATL will be back next year".  Nothing is promised
in the NFL just look at CAR, they were in the SB last year with the MVP and this year they went 6-10.  ATL has to
recover from that epic choke job plus they are going to lose their OC.  They could easily slide back next year

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

And don't believe the line the media was repeating last night that "ATL will be back next year".  Nothing is promised
in the NFL just look at CAR, they were in the SB last year with the MVP and this year they went 6-10.  ATL has to
recover from that epic choke job plus they are going to lose their OC.  They could easily slide back next year

Very good point. 

The thing is, everyone is terrified of the Pats.  It explains the last two super bowl wins.  You have multiple shots at the endzone with Lynch and you throw it for the loss.  You're running the football adequately, and you throw it in a situation where you could wind the clock and kick a FG.  Both times, coaches overthink rather than just going by the book letting the team win it on the field.  I honestly think that in general, Belichick's greatest strength is not trying to outcoach you.  He simply takes away what you do best and focuses on execution.  The occasional times when he's tried to get cute, it's blown up on him.  Had other coaches not tried to get cute against him, the talk would still be about how they couldn't win without cheating.

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

I don't think so either, they will be physiologically damaged from this game.

I thought the pass play on the goal line was bad, Pats v Seahawks. This is a whole new level of choke.

The more I watch NE in these games the more I think Belichick wins them simply because he remains "dead faced" and
unemotional as the other HC and staff lose their minds.  It's happened in their last two SB wins (SEA & ATL) both
staffs lost sight of simple game management and blew wins

Just now, KRL said:

The more I watch NE in these games the more I think Belichick wins them simply because he remains "dead faced" and
unemotional as the other HC and staff lose their minds.  It's happened in their last two SB wins (SEA & ATL) both

Or, that Belicheat and his assistants continue to work and scheme on the fly.

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

Our coaching staff cant handle calling timeouts, managing the clock, calling the right plays and we really expect them to win a Super Bowl. 

15 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The thing is, everyone is terrified of the Pats.  It explains the last two super bowl wins.  You have multiple shots at the endzone with Lynch and you throw it for the loss.  You're running the football adequately, and you throw it in a situation where you could wind the clock and kick a FG.  Both times, coaches overthink rather than just going by the book letting the team win it on the field.  I honestly think that in general, Belichick's greatest strength is not trying to outcoach you.  He simply takes away what you do best and focuses on execution.  The occasional times when he's tried to get cute, it's blown up on him.  Had other coaches not tried to get cute against him, the talk would still be about how they couldn't win without cheating.

I think his greatest strength is that when his offense takes the field, Tom Brady is behind the center.  At the end of the day, BB is just sitting on the sideline while Brady is just absolutely clinical while engineering drive after drive with precision and perfection.  It's disgusting and I hate his ******* guts but god damn, that mother ****er is just unreal sometimes.

That said, I think there is physiological size mind game that he wins the second they take the field just because BB is who he is.  You get tight, you get to loose, you dont go by conventional wisdom...it all seems to happen vs. him and he damn near always come out on top.  The only time I've seen it work in the opposite is back vs. Manning in the days. He'd go super aggressive knowing that Manning was getting the ball back...no different than how teams feel when it's Brady on the other sideline. 

It's that and cheating. 

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Or, that Belicheat and his assistants continue to work and scheme on the fly.

Pats deserve credit for the comeback but that was a historic choke job last night 

I didn't watch the game but saw the highlights.  Quinn's clock management was so bad i don't know if he was trying to lose on purpose

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Pats deserve credit for the comeback but that was a historic choke job last night 

I didn't watch the game but saw the highlights.  Quinn's clock management was so bad i don't know if he was trying to lose on purpose

Wait so the team with the better players and better coaches didnt win the game. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Wait so the team with the better and better coaches didnt win the game. 

I think Quinn really got exposed last night

Carroll took a beating for throwing on the one inch line 2 years ago when he had Marshawn Lynch -- what Quinn did was worse 

17 minutes ago, thadude said:

I think Quinn really got exposed last night

Carroll took a beating for throwing on the one inch line 2 years ago when he had Marshawn Lynch -- what Quinn did was worse 

It seemed that Atlanta abandoned the running game and hardly got the ball to Julio Jones in the second half or NE adjusted so well at halftime. 

Archived