Favre's Year as a Jet

TuscanyTile2

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

If Favre stayed for the Rex Ryan 1st year or maybe even the 2nd year we probably have the best chance we could to win a Super Bowl with the Defense. 

in 2009 we would not have drafted Sanchez and based on Favre's play after he left .... man what could have been. Yeah I know most people seem to not like him but that was the best QB play we had in a while, and when he was healthy the next season he played at a level we haven't had in a long time 

he would have killed our D.  Favre never wanted to be here, if we got the 2009 version of favre then I would agree we could have won a SB but there's a reason this guy only won one in his entire career despite playing on some really talented teams.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nyjunc said:

he would have killed our D.  Favre never wanted to be here, if we got the 2009 version of favre then I would agree we could have won a SB but there's a reason this guy only won one in his entire career despite playing on some really talented teams.

i get the " he never wanted to be here" and to your point -if we got the 2009 version- we had it for 11 weeks and were on pace to make a strong playoff run.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Had Tanny not given him his release he would have had to retire for good or play for the Jets..

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

i get the " he never wanted to be here" and to your point -if we got the 2009 version- we had it for 11 weeks and were on pace to make a strong playoff run.

we did not get the 2009 version for 11 weeks, he was mostly bad those 11 weeks.  In 2009 he was GREAT, maybe the best year of his HOF career.

6 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Had Tanny not given him his release he would have had to retire for good or play for the Jets..

he had to release him, he agree to it in order to get him here.  he knew all along he was a one year player, he hoped he had a good time, won and could convince him to stay another year or 2 but Favre only wanted to stick it to GB.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we did not get the 2009 version for 11 weeks, he was mostly bad those 11 weeks.  In 2009 he was GREAT, maybe the best year of his HOF career.

he had to release him, he agree to it in order to get him here.  he knew all along he was a one year player, he hoped he had a good time, won and could convince him to stay another year or 2 but Favre only wanted to stick it to GB.

if i remember correctly he started off not looking good for a few games but then played pretty strong until the "arm injury" 

not important anyway. he left played great, we got Sanchez and 2 AFC Championship trips.. 

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

if i remember correctly he started off not looking good for a few games but then played pretty strong until the "arm injury" 

not important anyway. he left played great, we got Sanchez and 2 AFC Championship trips.. 

he hurt his arm in October, his only good stretch of football came in November then he tanked it in December.  he had 3-4 good games all year.  he was outplayed in games by:

Jamarcus Russell

Matt Cassell(in his first ever start)

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tyler Thigpen

Shaun Hill

Seneca Wallace

he was not good most of that year even though our record was.  in 2009 he was incredible but he was also motivated b/c he wanted to play in Minny and stick it to GB. if we got the 2009 version in 2008 we win the SB.

Archived