2017 Mock Draft 2.0

Guilhermezmc

1st Round Pick (06) - Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC - 6'3'' 220lbs.

North Carolina State v North Carolina : Fotografia de notícias

The future of the franchise.

Alternative Choices -

Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU - 6'1'' 235lbs.

Jamal Adams, S, LSU - 6'1'' 211lbs.

Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State - 6'2'' 205lbs.

2nd Round Pick (39) -  Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA - 6'2'' 265lbs.

NCAA FOOTBALL: JAN 02 Valero Alamo Bowl - Kansas State v UCLA : Fotografia de notícias

We need speed of the edges.

Alternative Choices -

Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama - 6'4'' 252lbs.

Ethan Pocic, C, LSU - 6'7'' 309lbs. 

Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State - 6'0'' 195lbs.

3rd Round Pick (70) - Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma - 6'1'' 226lbs.

Oklahoma v West Virginia : Fotografia de notícias

We all know what he did. He can run, catch and block. Move on from Matt Forte.

Alternative Choices -

Carroll Phillips, OLB, Illinois - 6'3'' 240lbs.

Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell - 6'7'' 315lbs.

Jake Butt, TE, Michigan - 6'5'' 255lbs.

4th Round Pick (136) - Ryan Switzer, WR, UNC - 5'10'' 185lbs.

NCAA FOOTBALL: NOV 19 Citadel at North Carolina : Fotografia de notícias

Great hands, very quick, one of Trubisky favorite targets, best slot reciver in the draft. Reminds me of Wes Welker.

Alternative Choices -

Antonio Garcia, OT, Troy - 6'7'' 293lbs.

Jamar Summers, CB, Connecticut - 6'0'' 185lbs.

5th Round Pick (134)  Jamar Summers, CB, Connecticut - 6'0'' 185lbs.

Houston v Connecticut : Fotografia de notícias

Might be a steal.

Alternative Choices -

Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville - 6'5'' 248lbs.

Fish Smithson, S, Kansas -  5'11'' 201lbs.

I like the 2nd ad 5th round selections.... I want no part of Trubisky watch even his highlight tapes, he doesn't lead receivers at all. even when they are wide open they have to stop and wait on the ball. No pre snap reads or protection changes. Spread QB without flashy spread QB numbers.

The FSU game he played against a depleted secondary from injuries. If you really want to see him against anything close to a good Defense watch Stanford. 

Meh. Not a huge fan of Trubinsky. Especially if Fournette is on the board. 

Jets will need a little bit of luck for all of these guys to be there but (assuming no 4th comp. pick) I'm going:

Rd. 1: Fournette- RB, LSU

Rd. 2: S.Jones- CB, Wash.

Rd. 3: Antonio Garcia- OT, Troy

Rd. 5: Ejuan Price- 3-4 OLB, Pittsburgh  

Rd. 6: Josh Jones- FS, NC State

Rd. 7: Jerry Ugokwe- OT, William & Mary 

57 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Jets will need a little bit of luck for all of these guys to be there but (assuming no 4th comp. pick) I'm going:

This would be perfect. Id rather take Hooker than Fournette and unfortunately I dont see  Antonio Garcia making it out of the 2nd. If we could trade down in the first though grab BPA, and get both S.Jones and A.Garcia in the second, that would be ideal.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

at some point they have to go offense in the first round.  and when they throw hack in there, he definitely needs a running game.  i like your mock. 

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

This would be perfect. Id rather take Hooker than Fournette and unfortunately I dont see  Antonio Garcia making it out of the 2nd. If we could trade down in the first though grab BPA, and get both S.Jones and A.Garcia in the second, that would be ideal.

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, the Jets would have to be lucky for these players to be there. 

I'm def. not sure that J.Jones will be there in the 6th.

Ugokwe is a major project so he could end up available in the 7th-UFA, but it's very possible some teams will see his potential and scoop him up earlier.

Price will probably be there early in the 5th, simply due to the depth of edge rushers, but he's a beast, a disruptive force and I'm sure there's scouts looking at him like a 'steal' anywhere outside of the 3rd round.

Garcia will probably go in the 2nd. But it all depends on how the OTs end up grading out after the combine and how many end up going in the 1st. Remember, the jets have an early 3rd round pick. But I agree, odds are he will not be there, Jets would need to get lucky. 

I'm almost positive S.Jones will go late in the first. But it really depends on how many CB go in the top 20 and how the CB class grades out after the combine. S.Jones may end up being overlooked simply b/c his ceiling may not be up there with some of the other prospects. For example, Humphrey, Lattimore, Jackson, Wilson and Tabor could all go in the first round, much like S.Jones. It will really depend on how many end up going in the first and which ones teams find a liking to. They all have different qualities that teams are going to covet. Jackson is a dangerous returned, Humphrey is a physical specimen and great in run support, Wilson has a great combination of size, strength, speed and man coverage abilities, Lattimore is a prototypical outside CB that has multiple skills that traits that teams love- he is a balanced CB, etc.   

I have Fournette going #6 to the Jets primarily as a BPA pick. I think he is the best pure talent in this draft. An elite RB prospect the likes of which we have not seen for a while. He is a faster version of Elliott- but that's JMHO and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree. I think if he is there at #6 the Jets take him and pray he does not have an injury plagued career- thats the ONLY thing I see stopping him from being a Pro Bowl caliber lead RB.

Having said this, I 100% want a trade down scenario with the Browns for their 12th pick and their 2nd round pick. This way the Browns can take Garrett #1 overall and a QB #6 overall. At 12 I would take S.Jones (I just absolutely love him as a prospect) and use the extra 2nd rounder on the top LT prospect. In fact, this scenario would eliminate a RB selection in my mock. I think the Jets only take Fournette b/c he is BPA. Otherwise, drafting a RB doesn't really make sense for them- IMHO. Maybe if they got ANOTHER draft pick for Richardson. Then maybe I would consider a guy like D'Foreman out of Texas- strong, bruising RB to play with Forte and Powell.    

1-6  ~  Mitch Trubisky - QB

2-7 ~ Antonio Garcia  -  OT

3-6 ~ Jordan Willis - OLB

5-6 ~Josiah Price - TE

6-7 ~ Cole Luke - CB

7-6 ~ Jamar Clark - OT

If we do get a comp pick in the 4th, I'm looking for another CB or a safety 

P.S. :  My 1st round pick is either going to be Trubisky or Ramczyk

Well i did this before i reading that the Jets are going to take the BPA on the 1st, so I don't think that Trubisky will be the BPA at 6, I'm thinking guys like Fournette, Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, Jamal Adams and even Malik Hooker may be around when is the Jets turn to pick.

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Well i did this before i reading that the Jets are going to take the BPA on the 1st, so I don't think that Trubisky will be the BPA at 6, I'm thinking guys like Fournette, Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, Jamal Adams and even Malik Hooker may be around when is the Jets turn to pick.

It's BPA if there's a definitive player, or BPA with need as a consideration .  What that means is if you have 5 0r 6 guys rated together, need will be the deciding factor  with trading down as an option .

My new Mock would look like more like this:

1st (06) - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama. Not a sexy pick, i would love to have Hooker here but I don't think he will go past Tennesse. Foster is a beast, I love the way he plays, the heart, the motor, everything. This guy is gonna be an All-Pro, we will have our LB duo for the next decade. I could also see the Jets going Fournette here, would love to have him too. Also a guy that we should be looking at is Solomon Thomas, he is a beast, I just don't know if he has the length to play on the outside. 

2nd (39) - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington. Here is where it gets complicated, it's a long shot that Jones will be available here, but if he is, it's a no brainer you pick him and move on to the 3rd round. If he isn't there the Jets may reach and take the Troy tackle or the LSU center (really like him), but the second round pick is tied with who are we picking in the first, if we take a guy like Fournette i would really like that we go defense in the second. Jones, Tim Willams, Takk McKinley even maybe Adoree Jackson can all be there in the second for the Jets.

3rd (70) - Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma. Ok, he made a very dumb and stupid mistake, we all do don't we? Antonio Garcia won't be here because is a weak Tackle class and teams will reach and take him on the second. If Mixon get's he head right we will have a double headed monster on the backfield. We could also look at some tackles like Julie'n Davenport or Dion Dawkins.   

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

He was the consensus best player in the entire draft . That was a no brainer pick .

Yeah this would be like Myles Garrett falling to 6 this year.  Unfortunately there is not 2 sure fire top 2 QB's, or any OT prospects rated top 5 this year to commence a slide to 6 for Garret like Williams.

20 hours ago, PepPep said:

I like this... Jones in the 2nd would be sweet

On 1/26/2017 at 6:22 AM, bigalbarracuda said:

Nice job. I wouldn't take Trubisky (too small a sample size) but would be looking to trade down if he and Fournette are still there. If not I take Hooker. 

Wouldn't touch Mixon even as a UDFA. 

This is in reference to Mixon:

Tweets below from last year.  

This is pretty sexy to me. Not sure about 5-7 but if we got the top three lads I'd be delighted.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Interesting that no one is picking a corner at #6, which happens also to be a gigantic hole in the Jets' defense. Unless they pick someone up in FA, I'm putting my bet on CB. Probably Lattimore.

I think its a huge need. I think the Jets need to cut Revis, eat the 6 mil and go hard after Gilmore. I think they need to bring back McDougle to give him another shot and for depth and let Williams walk- who is a FA and showed he can't really handle playing on the outside in 2016 after a breakout year in 2015. I would get rid of Skrine but his contract is sticky, so I would just put him in the slot, where he played fairly well 2 seasons ago, and can be utilized as a blitzer.

I could go either way on Gilchrist. I don't think the played that bad last season. He is a better tackler than I thought. But if the Jets feel like Middleton should get a chance or Gilchrist is too expensive, I'm fine with cutting him as a cap casualty.

I think Pryor should get one more shot this season. He truly benefits with talent around him in the secondary.  

As far as the draft, I've been pushing for S.Jones. It's just a bit early to take him 6th overall. A trade down scenario would be best, adding draft picks and taking S.Jones in the teens or at 12 if the trade involved the Browns.

16 hours ago, Lray said:

This is pretty sexy to me. Not sure about 5-7 but if we got the top three lads I'd be delighted.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Watch some tape on Price. He is not an uber athlete and a bit undersized but would fit as a 3-4 OLB.  He is a disruptive force in both the pass and run game. Sets the edge well, great tackler, great motor. He was very productive at Pitt. The depth at edge rusher in this draft will push him down to the 5th.

There a lot of other pass rushers I would rather have, don't get me wrong. But he is good value in the 5th.

Archived