Darron Lee on Twitter

SR24

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. He's right 

2. Twitter fingered jackasses who antagonize celebrities all day should be euthanized 

3. He sucks

This.

I would also like to add the twitter fingered con-man dictator with narcissistic personality disorder to the list.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He gets way too much hate from people here. He had an okay rookie season, yet fans want to trash him because they wanted Paxton Lynch or somebody else, although if you look at the people drafted behind him in the first round, none of them, except for Artie Burns, was productive.

He was bad in coverage and needs to get better. When you pick with the 20th pick in the first round, you are not getting a polished product.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He gets way too much hate from people here. He had an okay rookie season, yet fans want to trash him because they wanted Paxton Lynch or somebody else, although if you look at the people drafted behind him in the first round, none of them, except for Artie Burns, was productive.

He was bad in coverage and needs to get better. When you pick with the 20th pick in the first round, you are not getting a polished product.

LOL!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Looks like the somebody who told him to delete it may have been his mom?

https://twitter.com/SideEyeSassShow/status/825008089292238848

She is private so you can't embed them. But looks like she had a talk with her son:

Someone has gone rogue on twitter...

Parenting is life long, 24/7

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

She is private so you can't embed them. But looks like she had a talk with her son:

Someone has gone rogue on twitter...

Parenting is life long, 24/7

His mother is in the media, so she has the experience.

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He deleted those tweets. Too bad they can't delete his game film for last season. :)

Not fair Max, for a rook, the kid did well and will get better . Please tell me you're not joining the hate squad even jokingly .

11 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Not fair Max, for a rook, the kid did well and will get better . Please tell me you're not joining the hate squad even jokingly .

We joke here about everything other than politics. I am concerned that they don't know how to fit him in, that they drafted a piece they don't need. I do think he can be good in coverage. He was always in the right spot but his technique was terrible. This is correctable. The good news is, he can work on this all off-season and come back a much better player. I think he will be alright.

But rest assured that when $5,000 comes out of my checking account in a year to watch the Jets, if they stink I am going to joke about it. If not, I will go insane.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We joke here about everything other than politics. I am concerned that they don't know how to fit him in, that they drafted a piece they don't need. I do think he can be good in coverage. He was always in the right spot but his technique was terrible. This is correctable. The good news is, he can work on this all off-season and come back a much better player. I think he will be alright.

But rest assured that when $5,000 comes out of my checking account in a year to watch the Jets, if they stink I am going to joke about it. If not, I will go insane.

oooh

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That's your right I suppose .  The question I will ask is this . Todd Bowles and his GM drafted a LBer they scouted and put him at the position they felt was best for the defense they wanted to run . The kid played well, but being a rookie, had some bad moments that were "put on Blast" because of his draft status . He also missed time due to some freak injuries that could happen to anyone but managed to finish his rookie season on his feet .

When is a joke a joke and when is it going to far  ? 

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

That's your right I suppose .  The question I will ask is this . Todd Bowles and his GM drafted a LBer they scouted and put him at the position they felt was best for the defense they wanted to run . The kid played well, but being a rookie, had some bad moments that were "put on Blast" because of his draft status . He also missed time due to some freak injuries that could happen to anyone but managed to finish his rookie season on his feet .

He didn't play well, he made some tackles and showed he is mobile and has speed, he did nothing at all in relation as to why he was drafted at 20.  That being coverage skills, creating turnovers. 

43 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Blames white people but doesnt mention certain problematic crime statistics. 

Grab a chair, put it in the corner, put your dunce hat on, and think about what you said. 

You are the weakest link, goodbye. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He didn't play well, he made some tackles and showed he is mobile and has speed, he did nothing at all in relation as to why he was drafted at 20.  That being coverage skills, creating turnovers. 

You saw what you wanted to see, and I saw what I wanted to see . The world of the Jets is always half empty with you but I see it as half full .  A wise person once told me, "it's all in how you see a thing" and I choose to see the good in this player and where he can go with experience .

On last off season, I had this same exact discussion about Quincy Enunwa  and 1 year later instead of talking about getting rid of a Jag, the conversation is about signing him before he hits the free agent market . I had the same conversation about Winters, and this off season the conversation went from we can't lose him to we paid too much to keep him .  

"You have to see a thing before you see the thing or you never will see the thing ".

When you look at the team you supposedly love, all you see is gloom and doom, and that's all you will ever see . Why on Earth would I waste my time on something so hopeless ?

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So what? This notion of someone being drafted in the first round (20th no less) means they have to produce IMMEDIATELY to a certain specific level is ridiculous. Exactly what numbers were you expecting? X amount of sacks, Y amount of tackles, Z amount of INTs???

The kid looked pretty good in his rookie year. He is still learning how to cover NFL TEs. He clearly has the speed and a nose for the ball. He dealt with some injuries but battled through. He is not a problematic player in the locker room.

His coverage skills WILL get better, its clear b/c he was often in position just couldn't quite make the play. You don't draft a guy expecting turnovers his rookie year. Those are just a cherry on top. 

7 minutes ago, Lego My Lageman said:

Does your wife let you leave the basement or are you still making signs for the womens march?

LOL 

I marched proudly with my fellow citizens to show support and love for women all over the world. I wish you could have joined, it was truly a positive, uplifting experience. 

I support this CRAZY, RADICAL notion that women are people and their rights equate to human rights.  

39 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

A joke is a joke when it is simply a few harmless words that are on a message board saying that a players performance was lacking. And you know what? His performance, as was the entire team was lacking.

You need to exhale if you are suggesting that me being critical of Darron Lee in a few message board posts is going too far. We have 50,000 social media followers, a huge email list and get a million page views a month. If I personally attacked the player and spread it to the world that would be going too far.

Darron Lee was not good in coverage last season. Darron Lee can improve and should be better in coverage next year.

That is my stance on the player. That is nowhere near going too far.

44 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The other point is this, the defense was terrible. So everything is going to be scrutinized. Hopefully firing all the position coaches and keeping Kacy somehow works. But it is going to be questioned because this defense was bad last year. Really bad.

They were supposed to be Top 5. They drafted a linebacker in the first round. They got worse. So EVERYTHING is going to be questioned. Rightfully so.

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

A joke is a joke when it is simply a few harmless words that are on a message board saying that a players performance was lacking. And you know what? His performance, as was the entire team was lacking.

You need to exhale if you are suggesting that me being critical of Darron Lee in a few message board posts is going too far. We have 50,000 social media followers, a huge email list and get a million page views a month. If I personally attacked the player and spread it to the world that would be going too far.

Darron Lee was not good in coverage last season. Darron Lee can improve and should be better in coverage next year.

That is my stance on the player. That is nowhere near going too far.

A stance we could all agree is worthy .  It's not wrong to be critical of players or coaches, but the name calling is a bit much . These folks have families , and just maybe, on here . Not saying you do that, but we both know it's done and it's not funny in the least .

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Slight quibble-we all know the GM and the HC operate separately. For all the talk about being a team, this franchise is run as 2 separate entities.  Based on the Hackenburg debacle, entirely plausible and even likely that Bowles, what ever his myriad faults as a coach, had nothing to do with the pick nor any pick. 

6 hours ago, gEYno said:

Just a thought... If you don't like or are uncomfortable with what a black kid has to say, don't follow him on twitter.

On second thought it's probably best Lee avoid post any but football stuff on twitter.  It may have nothing to do with anything but he's a public figure now.  He is under a microscope. 

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also knows Darron will be playing for the vet minimum after his rookie deal runs out, so she's helping him maintain employment.

"NFL Veteran Minimum 2016, NFL Minimum Salaries for 2016 and the Veteran Cap Benefit Rule : Jan 11, 2016 Each year minimum salaries increase by $15,000, up to $450,000 arookie in 2016 A player's minimum salary is determined his NFL 2015 Feb 2, that would include of $435,000 2015, $525,000 2016, if 2016 nfl league minimum salary 2016, nfl veteran minimum, nfl minimum, nfl veteran minimum 2016, nfl veterans minimum." 

20 something guy will have to get by on $555,000 in 2018. But the struggle will be real. 

Archived