Kaepernick to the Jets Speculation

JoJoTownsell1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I really didn't know that Kap was that accurate to tell you the truth. 

IMO it is nothing like Fitz because Fitz throws way more interceptions!!!

he does but he throws more TDs too.    kaep is basically a stronger armed, more athletic Fitz.  it's not what we need or should want.

57 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

If we were going to go completely off the reservation and take on a lightning rod/problem child at QB, I think Manziel would win more games than Kap...

If we pick up Johnny Manziel this board will erupt and explode like one of them there super nova's.

36 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Castro is personal to me, and as much as juncalooney rambles, Castro was a murdering scumbag. I said it, and I'm glad. Joanne Chesimard hasn't been sleeping well for at least ten years. I feel so sorry for her. 

Are you Cuban?

I would love for Johnny Football to come here and completely flame out (though be entertaining in the process).  It would almost assure us of getting Darnold.

As for Kap, I honestly have no issue w/ his politics or sitting for the anthem.  I guess I'm in the minority as far as that goes.  As far as him as a player, I haven't seen much of him since his good years a few years ago.  Sounds like he has seriously regressed.  Not sure if the other options are going to be that much more inspiring though (e.g. taking a chance on signing Glennon for a Brock Osweiler type deal). 

I don't think Kaepernick is mentally prepared to play in the NFL at this point. He need's to straighten out his head before he can even think about playing the league again IMHO. His political statement will not play in NY. The Jets know this(hopefully). I would say is good for a discussion during a slow period in the off-season but the guy is all over the place in his psyche. If his head is not right nothing will be right on the field. Pass.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

thanks for exposing yourself. "hands up, don't shoot!"

the game is about much more than talent, just look at NE. they are probably middle of the pack talent wise.  yes we need much more talent but kaep is not worth the extra baggage he'd bring. he's still a project despite being in the league for 6 years or so,if hew as a finished product and we knew he'd be a good player then you can look away at some off the field nonsense, you could justify it but w/o the play to back it up we'd be taking a huge gamble that ultimately would likely be just another distraction holding us back.

NE brings in weed smokers. The Jets can bring in a peaceful protester

15 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I don't think Kaepernick is mentally prepared to play in the NFL at this point. He need's to straighten out his head before he can even think about playing the league again IMHO. His political statement will not play in NY. The Jets know this(hopefully). I would say is good for a discussion during a slow period in the off-season but the guy is all over the place in his psyche. If his head is not right nothing will be right on the field. Pass.

So him and Hackenberg will have something in common both not ready to play. 

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So him and Hackenberg will have something in common both not ready to play. 

I don't give a sh*t about either one. Hackenberg may not be ready to play but at least they are not paying him what it would take to get Kaepernick. In terms of cash or draft picks. I doubt either one ever becomes the starting QB of the Jets. In fact Kaepernick has as much a chance of becoming the Jets Starter as you do.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I don't give a sh*t about either one. Hackenberg may not be ready to play but at least they are not paying him what it would take to get Kaepernick. In terms of cash or draft picks. I doubt either one ever becomes the starting QB of the Jets. In fact Kaepernick has as much a chance of becoming the Jets Starter as you do.

Thats cool I'm way too old even though I can still sling the pig skin for a guy my age,

I'm not saying Kaep is the solution to our QB woes but he does instantly upgrade the position here. (pretty sad) 

Im all for bringing in 20 QB's and letting them all battle it out in camp. 

6 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Sign him. Most people that oppose his peaceful protest have never served in the US Military. Many veterans including myself put our lives on the line so he can exercise his rights as an American. The Jets need football players. No doubt that Kaepernick makes the Jets a better team.

Thank you for your service.  Seriously.  You said it ten times more succinctly than I with a different twist, but still do not want. The next thing ya know, the Jets will be signing The Dixie Chicks or The Indigo Girls or whatever those people are called. 

11 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

What do you think would explode more?  Giving Manziel a shot or bringing back Geno?

Sheer volume Manziel. People coming from all around tell us how stupid we are. Similar to Tebow coming here. Nobody cares what Geno does. Pretty sure other than Jet fans and West Virginia alumni no one else who the hell Geno Smith is. Other than a handful of dudes that remember him getting punched in the jaw. 

15 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Thank you for your service.  Seriously.  You said it ten times more succinctly than I with a different twist, but still do not want. The next thing ya know, the Jets will be signing The Dixie Chicks or The Indigo Girls or whatever those people are called. 

You are welcome. The Jets D played worse than the Dixie Chicks last season. Could be an upgrade.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Sheer volume Manziel. People coming from all around tell us how stupid we are. Similar to Tebow coming here. Nobody cares what Geno does. Pretty sure other than Jet fans and West Virginia alumni no one else who the hell Geno Smith is. Other than a handful of dudes that remember him getting punched in the jaw. 

The punch, kill me why dontcha. Geno Smith, Holy Crap, the newspaper headlines and other things I received the day he kissed the canvas:  'Jaw & Disorder', 'Straight Outta Glasston', 'Deflate Face', 'Luck of the Jaw',  'IK is the New OK'. Only the Jets.  

Think about this; last season some Jets fans screamed for Futz, a much less capable QB than Kaepernick. Now that a better QB is available than Futz and it is Kaepernick, the Jets fans don't want him. Moreover, the fans don't want him due to reasons other than pro football.

Easy to see why the Jets continue to lose big time here. 

16 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Think about this; last season some Jets fans screamed for Futz, a much less capable QB than Kaepernick. Now that a better QB is available than Futz and it is Kaepernick, the Jets fans don't want him. Moreover, the fans don't want him due to reasons other than pro football.

Easy to see why the Jets continue to lose big time here. 

Agree agree agree many accepted Fitzpatrick and defended one of the biggest bum choke job poor excuse of an NFL QB and the chance might come along to drastically improve the position here and fans are against it. 

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree agree agree many accepted Fitzpatrick and defended one of the biggest bum choke job poor excuse of an NFL QB and the chance might come along to drastically improve the position here and fans are against it. 

Go figure

9 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Kaepernick is actually EXACTLY the type of QB the Jets should be aiming for this offseason - a high-upside, low floor play who won't come at too significant a short- or long-term cost.  You want a boom or bust vet, who will either hit it big enough to solve the Jets' QB problems long-term at a reasonable rate, or bust hard enough to give the Jets a high pick in a much better 2018 QB class.

If Kaep's that guy, sign me up.

Kap is not the guy.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Other than Warfish having a conniption nothing else would happen if we signed Geno

I honestly don't care about Kaepernick's politics but he simply is not a good quarterback. He's regressed every season since 2012.  He's a great athlete and mobile but he's just another in a very long line of one-read qb's

Kap's throws are inaccurate and he tends to try to rifle in everything he does not throw with any finesse so his receivers can't catch.  Pocket awareness is average.  He's a glorified Geno Smith

18 minutes ago, thadude said:

I honestly don't care about Kaepernick's politics but he simply is not a good quarterback. He's regressed every season since 2012.  He's a great athlete and mobile but he's just another in a very long line of one-read qb's

Kap's throws are inaccurate and he tends to try to rifle in everything he does not throw with any finesse so his receivers can't catch.  Pocket awareness is average.  He's a glorified Geno Smith

So how about signing Kaepernick and Smith with Petty getting cut? Still an upgrade over the current situation which is pathetic.

Archived