Kaepernick to the Jets Speculation

JoJoTownsell1

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, stoicsentry said:

It's hard to imagine them making this team more difficult to watch in 2017. But this would be a good start if that's what they want.

Futz displayed the worst QB play ever this season. No one could e ver be worse. But that is who the fans here cried for loudly...smh

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

Futz displayed the worst QB play ever this season. No one could e ver be worse. But that is who the fans here cried for loudly...smh

So how does signing another shltty QB fix that mistake? 

Two wrongs don't make a right.  

Geno over Petty

that also ends in no Kap.

//

Geno = PoorQBPlay

If Geno > Petty : if Petty > Kap :

Kap= False

Geno = PoorQBPlay * number_yrs_exp

If (Geno !> Worst10QBs):

Geno = False

if (Petty * number_yrs_exp) == improvement:

BackupPetty = True

Geno = False

If LastChanceGeno > Pennington:

Geno = True

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

NE brings in weed smokers. The Jets can bring in a peaceful protester

most players smoke weed or drink alcohol. he wasn't a "peaceful protester", he was an ill informed grandstander who bashed police and is pro Castro among others.  

Whether I think it was advised to take a political position for CK, it doesn't bother me at all that he exercises his right of free speech.  More concerning is I came to the conclusion before that the effectiveness he briefly showed is in the past and going to stay there.  In short opposing DC's have a book on him, and he will not overcome that.  The numbers don't support it, it would be a huge distraction with no payoff, he's not going to be anything at best other than a stop gap, so what's the point?  Is he going to make the younger players better?  Doubt it. 

I get that the Jets are considering a vet presence at Qb.  There have to be better options.

8 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Whether I think it was advised to take a political position for CK, it doesn't bother me at all that he exercises his right of free speech.  More concerning is I came to the conclusion before that the effectiveness he briefly showed is in the past and going to stay there.  In short opposing DC's have a book on him, and he will not overcome that.  The numbers don't support it, it would be a huge distraction with no payoff, he's not going to be anything at best other than a stop gap, so what's the point?  Is he going to make the younger players better?  Doubt it. 

I get that the Jets are considering a vet presence at Qb.  There have to be better options.

ahh the famous book on QBs, did they just steal the book after Harbaugh left?

4 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

This QB has SB experience and is a better option than any other QB the Jets have. No doubt about it. Your argument is lame

Lame?  Lol,  the lame part of the statement is that you think Kaep is a better option than others that will be available to us. That's beyond lame.  Kaep sucks as a person and a QB.  But because he played decently on a really good team for part of a season you're in love.  

Theres plenty of doubt about what he would bring to a team, he was nothing special with a so called offensive genius as his HC a year ago.  

We don't need him, his twisted view of the world, his lame attempt at drawing attention to his views or his poor QB play here.  I'm guessing there won't be many, if any, teams that agree with you.  No one will be breaking his door down to sign him after SF dumps him

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

most players smoke weed or drink alcohol. he wasn't a "peaceful protester", he was an ill informed grandstander who bashed police and is pro Castro among others.  

Are you anti-American or what? What law did he break?

12 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

So how about signing Kaepernick and Smith with Petty getting cut? Still an upgrade over the current situation which is pathetic.

Kaep and Geno would be duplicative and redundant.  They are the same player at this point

I think Petty sucks but he at least deserves a shot to be the jets backup.  Hack should be cut that shouldn't even be a debate

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he has a right to do what he did and I have a right to bash him. I have no problem w/ the protest, I just wish he was more informed.

My issue with Kap is if he has a political opinion there are way better ways of communicating it like y'know voting which he was too dumb and lazy to do

23 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Kaepernick is actually EXACTLY the type of QB the Jets should be aiming for this offseason - a high-upside, low floor play who won't come at too significant a short- or long-term cost.  You want a boom or bust vet, who will either hit it big enough to solve the Jets' QB problems long-term at a reasonable rate, or bust hard enough to give the Jets a high pick in a much better 2018 QB class.

If Kaep's that guy, sign me up.

What? What leads you to believe Kap is a high upside player? The guy's potential has been fully realized, and it isn't good. At this point, Petty has as much, if not more potential. At least with Petty there is some unknown.

11 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

He's a terrible QB who floated his entire career on half a good season with a loaded team. 

Also with Jim Harbaugh micromanaging him.

Once Harbaugh left and Kaep had Ron Jeremy and Eric Mangina coaching him his play really fell off a cliff

Just now, JetPotato said:

What? What leads you to believe Kap is a high upside player? The guy's potential has been fully realized, and it isn't good. At this point, Petty has as much, if not more potential. At least with Petty there is some unknown.

Petty and Kaep both suck.  Only difference is Kaepernick is a name and no one knows him or thinks highly of petty at all outside of 40% of jets fans

14 minutes ago, thadude said:

My issue with Kap is if he has a political opinion there are way better ways of communicating it like y'know voting which he was too dumb and lazy to do

I will give him credit, I am not sure he knew how big it would become but he brought light to his perceived issue so I guess in that regard he did the right thing.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I will give him credit, I am not sure he knew how big it would become but he brought light to his perceived issue so I guess in that regard he did the right thing.

I disagree he's being a self-important diva trying to draw attention to his off field nonsense because he sucks at football 

Kaepernick and Tim Tebow are the same thing just different causes

3 minutes ago, thadude said:

I disagree he's being a self-important diva trying to draw attention to his off field nonsense because he sucks at football 

Kaepernick and Tim Tebow are the same thing just different causes

Refresh my memory here...when did Tebow openly disrespect his country?

he has a strong arm and can run. he looked like a superstar in the making when surrounded by the right talent and coaching. maybe that was a mirage, but there's always the possibility it wasn't

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

he has a strong arm and can run. he looked like a superstar in the making when surrounded by the right talent and coaching. maybe that was a mirage, but there's always the possibility it wasn't

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Geno Smith has great physical tools too

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he has a right to do what he did and I have a right to bash him. I have no problem w/ the protest, I just wish he was more informed.

Have you heard Kaepernick speak? He is well informed and very intelligent.  There are too ma y rm chair patriots here in America. Castro nearly killed me several times. I still appreciate Kaepernick's rights. America is STILL the land of the free and the home of the brave.

11 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Have you heard Kaepernick speak? He is well informed and very intelligent.  There are too ma y rm chair patriots here in America. Castro nearly killed me several times. I still appreciate Kaepernick's rights. America is STILL the land of the free and the home of the brave.

intelligent? yes, informed? no.  latching on to perceptions being spread by social media? yes.

again, he has the right to do what he did and we all have the right to support or bash him.  I choose to bash him b/c I believe(believe, doesn't mean I am right) he is misinformed.

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

People here hate Geno who is also better than any QB on the roster and a 2nd round NYJ draft pick. Futz was signed over him and look how that turned out. 

I like Geno, wanted him to be our QB in 2015, wanted him to get a chance in 2016. 

5 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

People here hate Geno who is also better than any QB on the roster and a 2nd round NYJ draft pick. Futz was signed over him and look how that turned out. 

It's funny, because Geno Smith sucks as a QB, but he's Joe Montana compared to Bryce Petty . Both have strong arms and can run some . Both are coming off injuries that ended their season . Both are under 28 years old which is where Glennon will be and both will be cheaper  for the next 2 years .

Considering that none of these people are the future starter of the Jets, who is the best option short term ?

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It's funny, because Geno Smith sucks as a QB, but he's Joe Montana compared to Bryce Petty . Both have strong arms and can run some . Both are coming off injuries that ended their season . Both are under 28 years old which is where Glennon will be and both will be cheaper  for the next 2 years .

Considering that none of these people are the future starter of the Jets, who is the best option short term ?

Hackenberg, both short and long term.

Just now, section314 said:

Hackenberg, both short and long term.

There's going to be a veteran QB in that room regardless of what we think . Hackenberg is a given, and so is the veteran, so I guess what I'm saying is do we roll with Hack,  a vet and Petty or do we roll with  Hack, Geno and a new recruit .

If the object is to win while building, then the Latter is the best option IMO . I admit just how bad Geno is, but I see improvement and I know he's head and shoulders better than Petty . Since I'm not having dinner with him after the game or we're not hanging out together, I could careless about his personality .

Archived