Kaepernick to the Jets Speculation

JoJoTownsell1

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

There's going to be a veteran QB in that room regardless of what we think . Hackenberg is a given, and so is the veteran, so I guess what I'm saying is do we roll with Hack,  a vet and Petty or do we roll with  Hack, Geno and a new recruit .

If the object is to win while building, then the Latter is the best option IMO . I admit just how bad Geno is, but I see improvement and I know he's head and shoulders better than Petty . Since I'm not having dinner with him after the game or we're not hanging out together, I could careless about his personality .

Two great points, and I agree with both. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, The Crusher said:

6.3 billion dollars

Look at Woody's life. He didn't really earn that money, and the best business decision he's ever made is to buy the Jets.

honestly If we all knew what Woody's life was, I don't think everyone would trade places, even for 6.3 billion dollars. His daughter Casey for example (RIP)

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Look at Woody's life. He didn't really earn that money, and the best business decision he's ever made is to buy the Jets.

honestly If we all knew what Woody's life was, I don't think everyone would trade places, even for 6.3 billion dollars. His daughter Casey for example (RIP)

I never said I wanted to change places with him. My simple point is someone with 6.3 billion dollars probably isn't as easily embarrassed as the rest of us. 

I do agree with this point. There is a devil at every level, higher the level stronger the devil. 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My simple point is someone with 6.3 billion dollars probably isn't as easily embarrassed as the rest of us. 

You'd think. But at times Woody has acted as thin skinned as a broke teenage boy posting from this mom's basement. 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You'd think. But at times Woody has acted as thin skinned as a broke teenage boy posting from this mom's basement. 

That is what you get from it. Woody probably thinks he a genius for being able to seem like commoner like the rest of us. Probably paid 500k to consultants to achieve that effect.

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

That is what you get from it. Woody probably thinks he a genius for being able to seem like commoner like the rest of us. Probably paid 500k to consultants to achieve that effect.

If we are crawling into Woody's brain I don't think he thinks he's a genius.

His life has been a non stop series of embarassments, the most recent coming when VP Pence was in his box watching Woody's Jets get spanked on national tv. 

If I was going to bet money on it, I'd bet that Woody probably thinks he's not good enough.

He inherited his fortune, he didn't create it like his father and grandfather.

The guy is constantly trying to prove he belongs. This ambassador thing is yet another attempt to round out his biography. 

truthfully why would a guy worth 6.3 billion dollars want any job? it's all about perception and how he goes down in the history books.  

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If we are crawling into Woody's brain I don't think he thinks he's a genius.

His life has been a non stop series of embarassments, the most recent coming when VP Pence was in his box watching Woody's Jets get spanked on national tv. 

If I was going to bet money on it, I'd bet that Woody probably thinks he's not good enough.

He inherited his fortune, he didn't create it like his father and grandfather.

The guy is constantly trying to prove he belongs. This ambassador thing is yet another attempt to round out his biography. 

No disrespect but pretty sure I wouldn't fit. The guy was named Woody Johnson. Basically Dick squared. I would think by his 10th year of boarding school he was pretty much immune to being embarrassed. Yes sitting next to VP candidate watching the NFL team you own in your box lose is terribly embarrassing. Woody like all of us obviously has insecurities. I just think they are little easier to squelched with 6.3 billion dollars. Yes inheriting money sucks compared to earning it and being too old to enjoy it when you have it. The guy is a member of one of the most obnoxiously elite groups ever. NFL owners. The ambassador thing is simply the presidents version of the NY Jets seating license award clubs. I think we need an inside view. Where is SARI?  He is like a 1%er and stuff.

Kap has regressed as a QB. He's a one read and run QB. He's inaccurate and I don't like him as a person. NY media and the Jets have enough antics and circus events to write about. Don't need another one. Although the Daily News would love him for obvious reasons.

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No disrespect but pretty sure I wouldn't fit. The guy was named Woody Johnson. Basically Dick squared. I would think by his 10th year of boarding school he was pretty much immune to being embarrassed. Yes sitting next to VP candidate watching the NFL team you own in your box lose is terribly embarrassing. Woody like all of us obviously has insecurities. I just think they are little easier to squelched with 6.3 billion dollars. Yes inheriting money sucks compared to earning it and being too old to enjoy it when you have it. The guy is a member of one of the most obnoxiously elite groups ever. NFL owners. The ambassador thing is simply the presidents version of the NY Jets seating license award clubs. I think we need an inside view. Where is SARI?  He is like a 1%er and stuff.

lol on dick squared. I think the mistake being made here is putting yourself into that situation. Yes Crusher would be toughened up by the hazing at Millbrook School for being named whatever. Because you were toughened up by other situations. Or because no one would fight your battles for you. Woody is squishy. He can have 6 trillion dollars and he will always look at himself as not good enough. 

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

lol on dick squared. I think the mistake being made here is putting yourself into that situation. Yes Crusher would be toughened up by the hazing at Millbrook School for being named whatever. Because you were toughened up by other situations. Or because no one would fight your battles for you. Woody is squishy. He can have 6 trillion dollars and he will always look at himself as not good enough. 

Yes. We have no way to know.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

intelligent? yes, informed? no.  latching on to perceptions being spread by social media? yes.

again, he has the right to do what he did and we all have the right to support or bash him.  I choose to bash him b/c I believe(believe, doesn't mean I am right) he is misinformed.

It is your opinion. I respect that 

3 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Have you heard Kaepernick speak? He is well informed and very intelligent.  There are too ma y rm chair patriots here in America. Castro nearly killed me several times. I still appreciate Kaepernick's rights. America is STILL the land of the free and the home of the brave.

You don't need to be an arm chair patriot to think he's an ass.  You don't need to be an arm chair patriot to not agree with disrespecting the military and our national anthem to make some kind of point.  A point that he did exactly what for?  Did he assemble opposing sides together?  Did he accomplish anything of any consequence?  Did he make a difference other than to open debate as to whether his protest was right or wrong?

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You don't need to be an arm chair patriot to think he's an ass.  You don't need to be an arm chair patriot to not agree with disrespecting the military and our national anthem to make some kind of point.  A point that he did exactly what for?  Did he assemble opposing sides together?  Did he accomplish anything of any consequence?  Did he make a difference other than to open debate as to whether his protest was right or wrong?

To keep a Man from his occupation because he does not share your beliefs is Un-American.

13 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I agree. Too many intolerant bigots and or arm chair patriots here. If he fits here, get him.

I don't want Kap here because I don't respect his QB skills such as accuracy and what I perceive as a lack of ability to read defenses. If the management team is of a different opinion I won't go crazy because like you I'm a veteran and respect an individuals rights to express themselves.  I don't agree with his stance but do respect his rights.

1 hour ago, Jetdawgg said:

To keep a Man from his occupation because he does not share your beliefs is Un-American.

Bill shlt.  No one is keeping him from his occupation.  I'm not denying him the right to work.  I don't want him on my team, I don't think he would help the NY Jets.  He can work for anyone who wants to hire him.  You called that opinion lame.  I didn't say because of his beliefs, didn't call him unamerican.  I said he's not good, wasn't good a year ago and I don't need like his politics.  

My right.  I'd rather pay Geno.  Or Hackenberg. 

You have a need to defend him, your right.  

It seems some want to ignore his inability to play QB because of his social/political views.

Yeah...  no.  How 'bout just ignore his views and only take into account his QB abilities.  He's worthless to us.  Geno is better, and both Geno and Hack are younger.

2 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

Kaepernick might not be in the NFL next year because he's not a good player and he brings the circus to town wherever he goes.  Same reason Tim Tebow is out of the NFL.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Bill shlt.  No one is keeping him from his occupation.  I'm not denying him the right to work.  I don't want him on my team, I don't think he would help the NY Jets.  He can work for anyone who wants to hire him.  You called that opinion lame.  I didn't say because of his beliefs, didn't call him unamerican.  I said he's not good, wasn't good a year ago and I don't need like his politics.  

My right.  I'd rather pay Geno.  Or Hackenberg. 

You have a need to defend him, your right.  

Your defense of your argument is shallow. He is an upgrade over Petty and Hack. If the price is reasonable you get him.

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

Kaepernick might not be in the NFL next year because he's not a good player and he brings the circus to town wherever he goes.  Same reason Tim Tebow is out of the NFL.

He is way better than Tebow. That you would compare them is a joke 

5 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

He is way better than Tebow. That you would compare them is a joke 

He's better.  Way better?  I don't know about that Kaepernick's still living off having a half a good season 4 years ago.  He's been Geno'ing it up ever since.

2 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

If he should choose to, he has the right to contribute to a "Liberate  Joanne Chesimard" Drive, or to spearhead it if he desires.  The police can not do anything about that.  His employer however can determine if he is detrimental to their company, and dismiss him if he is.  An employee  has no right to bring any type of  politics into the work place.   

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

If he should choose to, he has the right to contribute to a "Liberate  Joanne Chesimard" Drive, or to spearhead it if he desires.  The police can not do anything about that.  His employer however can determine if he is detrimental to their company, and dismiss him if he is.  An employee  has no right to bring any type of  politics into the work place.   

You must be the only individual who does not being politics into the workplace. You my friend are unreal

37 minutes ago, thadude said:

He's better.  Way better?  I don't know about that Kaepernick's still living off having a half a good season 4 years ago.  He's been Geno'ing it up ever since.

He had had about the same caliber of WR's that Geno had since then also. When he had WR's he produced. The Jets have a young corps developing here. A QB with an arm should do well here. The Jets do need another RB though.

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

You must be the only individual who does not being politics into the workplace. You my friend are unreal

And you my friend don't understand the Bill of Rights.  You have a right to discuss politics with a co-worker, you don't have a right to cause a disturbance,  or represent your employer in a manner he doesn't want to be represented .  Try it at work

20 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And you my friend don't understand the Bill of Rights.  You have a right to discuss politics with a co-worker, you don't have a right to cause a disturbance,  or represent your employer in a manner he doesn't want to be represented .  Try it at work

I run my company thank you very much. PS I have a great grip on the BOR and the Constitution that I swore to uphold. That swearing by the way has no expiration date.

9 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I run my company thank you very much. PS I have a great grip on the BOR and the Constitution that I swore to uphold. That swearing by the way has no expiration date.

Great.  I've also been self employed for 30 years.  If you have employees, you clearly understand they don't have the right to embarrass you, or your company in public.  Semper Fi

Funny that even a silly Jets Forum Thread is politically derailed by the mention this guy. Kind of like every commentary during any game he attended from the sideline last year. I found that boring and i find this amusing but boring. I respected his right to do whatever he wants and i hope people respect my right to be bored by it. His cause was admirable ... the method i found slightly offensive at first glance and then i didn't really care as it turned into everyone rolling their eyes as the season wore on.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

No way does he come here.  While Woody may have his brother run the show they know the backlash they took when they signed Vick.  It wasn't tons of backlash but it didn't help sell tickets which is what he wants to do.

Also while I disagree strongly with not standing for the flag my issue is I won't support a QB who wears a shirt of Fidel Castro and wears socks with pigs on them to go against the police.  If Kaepernick comes I would strongly consider dropping my season tickets.  I have already considered dropping them because of Woody's support of Trump who I don't want to get a penny of my money.

Archived