Rex Ryan On Coaching: I’m ‘tired of getting f--ked’

SAR I

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I give Rex full credit for beating the Patriots in the AFC Divisional Playoff, that was epic, Good Rex.

But the very next week, after getting a taste of the Championship Game the year before, with all the motivation in the world, he let the team get too high, didn't prepare properly, and got destroyed in Pittsburgh.  Bad Rex.  The combination of those two weeks gets you net-neutral.  Whatever good he did in Gillette Stadium was lost 60 minutes later in Heinz Field.

I don't buy into this "overachievement" crap, not for his second year.  The first year, rookie quarterback, we were legitimately a 7-9 team and as we know the Colts and Bengals laid down like dogs to let us get a sketchy wildcard spot.  But that second year, we were for real, we had 11 legitimate wins, we had character, we slayed Manning, we were poised for the Super Bowl of our dreams.  Rex let us down terribly, the no-show in the AFCCG against a Steeler team we manhandled a month earlier was inexcusable.

Rex doesn't love the Jets.  Rex loves employment.  There is only one team in the entire NFL that would ever give the guy another look at a head coaching job.  Guess what team that is.

SAR I

the win in Foxboro was the greatest win in franchise history outside of the 1968 season.  he did a bad job getting his team prepared that week, I still believe we had the better team but he did put us in that position.

it's hard to win road playoff games and NE was 14-2 in 2010.  I think that was their best team outside of the 2007 team in recent years and we went in there and whooped them.  that's overachieving.

we beat Pitt 22-17 holding on for dear life on the last play of the game in the EZ, we didn't manhandle them.

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

I just can't help but feel that this is typical Rex ... trying his best to stay relevant, stay in the public eye, long after his team (or ex-team) has disappeared from relevance.

Two words : attention whore.

Bowles may have lots of negatives, but this is one area I'm happy with him. Keeps his mouth out of it.

Bowles has his own unique way of running his mouth.  Telling the media that Fitzpatrick would be his 2016 starting QB months before he was signed was just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard an NFL coach (or anyone in an NFL executive position) say to the media.  Negotiations hadn't even begun, and Bowles tells the world how much he wants Fitz back!  

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-25%20at%201.jpeg

S-T-U-P-I-D

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

the win in Foxboro was the greatest win in franchise history outside of the 1968 season.  he did a bad job getting his team prepared that week, I still believe we had the better team but he did put us in that position.

it's hard to win road playoff games and NE was 14-2 in 2010.  I think that was their best team outside of the 2007 team in recent years and we went in there and whooped them.  that's overachieving.

we beat Pitt 22-17 holding on for dear life on the last play of the game in the EZ, we didn't manhandle them.

Agreed

On 1/31/2017 at 9:45 AM, nyjunc said:

sign me up, who wouldn't trade Bowles for rex?

Why not hire a good coach instead of either of them? Seriously, when the Bills got flagged for too many men on the field, or only had 10 men on the field against the Dolphins when Ajayi had that big run against them, or when they got stupid, never ending  penalties, were any of us surprised by that? 

Archived