Rex Ryan On Coaching: I’m ‘tired of getting f--ked’

SAR I

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Was that the game we came out flat, after a huge win in Mass?  You know, a REX team coming out flat.   we were down 24 points before we opened our eyes.

Rex blew his load in NE. He cant seem to string wins together as his inner "Cheer leader" takes over.

He is better than Bowles....

String together wins?  How many teams do you think can go on the road and beat Manning, then Brady, and then Roethlisberger?  That's the toughest road to the SB in modern playoff history.  Those QBs have 13 SB appearances between them.  And it's not like the Jets were favorites in any of those games and lost when they were expected to win.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Shotty was the last OC that took us to the playoffs....   but again, the buck stops with REX.   We were down 24 points.. that can't all be on Shotty but Rex , I assume, approved and knew the offensive strategy.

Schotty was a moron.  We had a top 5 OL and good receivers and running backs in 2009-2010

Schitty can barely hold a job being Luck's waterboy in Indy now

2 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

The defense gave up 17 points.  That's good enough to win.

And it's not surprising that Mark Sanchez didn't see the safety coming.  This is the same guy who couldn't see the ass of a 300 pound man that was right in front of him.

Rashard JAG Mendenhall galloped for 121 yards and a TD against the No. 1 rushing defense in NFL.  He tore up the D in the first half and then the Jets D finally woke up.

Yes, Sanchez's peripheral vision sucked.  And I still think he simple closed his eyes and ran as fast as he could and didn't see the lineman's ass for the buttfumble.  No other explanation of why he sprinted like that into a glutenous wall

Just now, detectivekimble said:

String together wins?  How many teams do you think can go on the road and beat Manning, then Brady, and then Roethlisberger?  That's the toughest road to the SB in modern playoff history.  Those QBs have 13 SB appearances between them.  And it's not like the Jets were favorites in any of those games and lost when they were expected to win.

In 2009-2010 we were favored to win 1 playoff game 

I love the beating Rex takes here.  He didn't beat Brady and Belichick with enough style points

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Schotty was a moron.  We had a top 5 OL and good receivers and running backs in 2009-2010

Schitty can barely hold a job being Luck's waterboy in Indy now

Remember when Schitty was the next big thing and Tanny interviewed him for HC job and guaranteed him the OC position before the team even hired Rex?  Good times.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Rashard JAG Mendenhall galloped for 121 yards and a TD against the No. 1 rushing defense in NFL.  He tore up the D in the first half and then the Jets D finally woke up.

Yes, Sanchez's peripheral vision sucked.  And I still think he simple closed his eyes and ran as fast as he could and didn't see the lineman's ass for the buttfumble.  No other explanation of why he sprinted like that into a glutenous wall

Mendenhall was a first round pick and was good that year (13 TDs).

I believe the offense only scored 19 points and gave up 7.  The defense gave up 17.  The offense didn't do enough to win.

7 minutes ago, thadude said:

In 2009-2010 we were favored to win 1 playoff game 

I love the beating Rex takes here.  He didn't beat Brady and Belichick with enough style points

Let's say you're not a Jets fan and there's a playoff game between two NFL teams.  The road team has Mark Sanchez as the QB and the home team has Tom Brady.   Who would you pick to win that game?  No one would pick the Sanchez team.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Who do Jets fans like better: Christian Hackenberg or Rex Ryan? I'm just asking for a friend who's writing legislation regarding the humane application of legal euthanasia. 

Tough question.  On one hand, you have the best thing to ever happen to this franchise in Rex Ryan.  And the other you have possibly the best thing to ever happen to the franchise in Hack. 

I'll take Rex because he's the best Head Coach the Jets have ever had. 

45 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If we lost those games to Tennessee and Miami, they would have been 3-13 and we would have been 2-14...not tied.    

Also, I'm really tired of hearing the "let's wait and see" with Mariota.  The guy is a franchise QB and anyone telling themselves otherwise is quietly lamenting the fact we didn't get a chance to grab him.  I'm saying this all as a HUGE fan of Leonard Williams.  I love that guy, but I'd ship him out of here for a franchise QB in a f*cking heartbeat.

he looks great so far but had a major injury to end the season, let's wait and see.  I'd trade Williams for a franchise QB too, I'd trade Revis in his prime for one.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he looks great so far but had a major injury to end the season, let's wait and see.  I'd trade Williams for a franchise QB too, I'd trade Revis in his prime for one.

We had a franchise Qb here when REvis was with us the 1st time.

25 minutes ago, SMC said:

That's the thing about Revis and those pushing the HOF talk.  Truly great players make game changing plays.  If Revis was as great as everyone says he is (and he thinks he is), he makes that pick and runs it back 40 yards to set up the Jets in the redzone.  That's what great defensive players do.  They change the game.

They don't cut off half the field and watch helplessly as the opposing QB carves up the D on the other half.

100% agree

I genuinely hope he never makes it to the HOF but assume he will

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Dang dude.  I just want him to be my Head Coach because he's really good at it and the Jets current Head Coach has no clue what's he's doing. 

He has a sub-.500 record for his career.  Even with a pretty good QB he was under .500.  He's not "really good" at it no matter how many times you want to say it. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He has a sub-.500 record for his career.  Even with a pretty good QB he was under .500.  He's not "really good" at it no matter how many times you want to say it. 

He's actually really really good at his job.  Like really good.  Lots of coaches are under .500 in their career.  It happens.  Look at BB before Brady.

All it takes is one season 2 games above .500 and he's above .500.  The Jets should give him that chance because he's a really good Head Coach.  The best the Jets have ever had. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's actually really really good at his job.  Like really good.  Lots of coaches are under .500 in their career.  It happens.  Look at BB before Brady.

Belichick was also 11-5 with Matt Cassel and 3-1 with Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett, if that's your best example. 

43 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

We beat PITT earlier that season.  I can accept a loss but REX teams seem to come out flat after big games. I simply will not include REX amongst above average HC's.  He is not, his record states he is not.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Some guys like BB take awhile to find their grove. 

Rex is no different.

Belichick won a Super Bowl in his 7th year as a HC.

Rex Ryan went 8-8 in his 7th year, and 7-9 in his 8th.

Just how much time are you looking to give him before you realize he sucks?  15 years?  20?

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Belichick won a Super Bowl in his 7th year as a HC.

Rex Ryan went 8-8 in his 7th year, and 7-9 in his 8th.

Just how much time are you looking to give him before you realize he sucks?  15 years?  20?

9 maybe 10 maybe 20.  Who knows?  Bill Cowher took 20 years.  You dont see Steelers fans complaining.  

He's a great coach.  It's only a matter of time.  You've got time since you're a Jets fan.  

A fair question to all the Rex fans here.In his 8 years as a head coach, what has he done to show that he has improved , that he deserves another shot? Keep in mind, he went 20-12 his first two years, 41-54 the last six. I'm an owner, you are his agent. Convince me why I should even talk to him?

Just now, JiF said:

9 maybe 10 maybe 20.  Who knows?  Bill Cowher took 20 years.  You dont see Steelers fans complaining.  

He's a great coach.  It's only a matter of time.  You've got time since your a Jets fan.  

The Steelers stuck with Bill Cowher because they knew he's a solid HC. 

The Ravens didn't even give Rex a shot at HC because they knew he'd suck, and opted for Harbaugh instead. 

In other words, smart organizations don't touch idiots like Rex.  He only wins over dumb teams with dumb fanbases like ours and the Bills. 

Try again. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Steelers stuck with Bill Cowher because they knew he's a solid HC. 

The Ravens didn't even give Rex a shot at HC because they knew he'd suck, and opted for Harbaugh instead. 

In other words, smart organizations don't touch idiots like Rex.  He only wins over dumb teams with dumb fanbases like ours and the Bills. 

Try again. 

They had the patience the Jets should have had. 

What am I trying again? 

Curious if you know the answer to this question; which coach has the most playoff wins in the history of the Jets? 

1 hour ago, detectivekimble said:

The defense gave up 17 points.  That's good enough to win.

And it's not surprising that Mark Sanchez didn't see the safety coming.  This is the same guy who couldn't see the ass of a 300 pound man that was right in front of him.

Two busted OL plays, one a strip sack caused by D'Bust on an unblocked safety, the other involving Moore getting tossed around like a rag doll by Wilfork right into Sanchez' slide.  Blame the quarterback!

Rex Ryan was a terrible coach.  Mark Sanchez was a decent young quarterback prospect.  You'd think after all these years the scapegoating would stop.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

What am I trying again? 

Curious if you know the answer to this question; which coach has the most playoff wins in the history of the Jets? 

1.  What trophy did Rex get with that?

2.  What happened the remaining 6 years of Rex Ryan's Head Coaching career?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  What trophy did Rex get with that?

2.  What happened the remaining 6 years of Rex Ryan's Head Coaching career?

You cant answer a question with a question.  I answered your questions.  There are rules here, you know. 

1. What trophy has any Jets coach received in your life time?  

2. He got ****ed.  Have you not read the thread? 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

You cant answer a question with a question.  I answered your questions.  There are rules here, you know. 

Of course I can answer your question with a question.  It's called the Socratic method, and it's the most effective way to argue, because it allows me to question the motives behind your reasoning, which you just provided with these terrible answers:

1.  So just because every Jet HC has sucked since Weeb and Parcells, Rex is awesome?  Nope.  It just means you and people like nyjunc have set the bar very low.

2.  Exactly what I'd expect you to say.  He never got "f*cked".  He had a very fair shake in this league, and failed.  He sucks at his job.  Any success he had in his first 2 years were overriden by the remaining 6.  The league figured him out.  He never made the adjustments.  Adjustments are part of the job. 

Funny how you make fun of millenials, then make all the excuses in the world for Rex.  Very much like a millenial. 

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

What am I trying again? 

I don't know which Cleveland Browns coach has the most playoff wins in their history?  or Which OC has the most playoff wins in Jets history?

Rex Ryan was a lousy head coach.  Why is that?  Because he never had enough qualities of being a good head coach and he never improved at all as his time as the #1 guy passed.  If there was ever clear cut evidence of this it was when he went to Buffalo and was Rex all over again.  Making the same terrible mistakes.

Archived