Rex Ryan On Coaching: I’m ‘tired of getting f--ked’

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course I can answer your question with a question.  It's called the Socratic method, and it's the most effective way to argue, because it allows me to question the motives behind your reasoning, which you just provided with these terrible answers:

1. What trophy has any Jets coach received in your life time?  

2. He got ****ed.  Have you not read the thread? 

1.  So just because every Jet HC has sucked since Weeb and Parcells, Rex is awesome?  Nope.  It just means you and people like nyjunc have set the bar very low.

2.  Exactly what I'd expect you to say.  He never got "f*cked".  He had a very fair shake in this league, and failed.  He sucks at his job.  Any success he had in his first 2 years were overriden by the remaining 6.  The league figured him out.  He never made the adjustments.  Adjustments are part of the job. 

Funny how you make fun of millenials, then make all the excuses in the world for Rex.  Very much like a millenial. 

1.  Yes.  That and he's a great Football coach and the best thing to ever happen to the Jets.  I like good things for the Jets.  Rex was the greatest thing for the Jets.  Now look at us.  Pathetic!!!!  

2. He got proper ****ed in both locations.  Open your eyes.  The teams this guy wins with, he should be Coach of the Year, every year. 

Funny how you deny greatness while calling Ryan Fitzpatrick a conquering hero. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't know which Cleveland Browns coach has the most playoff wins in their history?  or Which OC has the most playoff wins in Jets history?

Rex Ryan was a lousy head coach.  Why is that?  Because he never had enough qualities of being a good head coach and he never improved at all as his time as the #1 guy passed.  If there was ever clear cut evidence of this it was when he went to Buffalo and was Rex all over again.  Making the same terrible mistakes.

Rex got ****ed here and ****ed even worse in Buffalo.

He's easily a top 5 Head Coach in the NFL. 

Just now, JiF said:

1.  Yes.  That and he's a great Football coach and the best thing to ever happen to the Jets.  I like good things for the Jets.  Rex was the greatest thing for the Jets.  Now look at us.  Pathetic!!!!  

2. He got proper ****ed in both locations.  Open your eyes.  The teams this guy wins with, he should be Coach of the Year, every year. 

Funny how you deny greatness while calling Ryan Fitzpatrick a conquering hero. 

1.  So you celebrate the idea that Rex was, at best, the 3rd best HC in the sh*tty, sh*tty history of the Jets.  Wow, what an achievement!

2.  It's not possible to get "f*cked" in 2 different attempts to be a HC.  It just isn't.  Either you cut it in the NFL or you don't.  He doesn't, and will likely never get a 3rd shot at a HC job as a result. 

I never said Ryan Fitzpatrick was "great", and don't care about guys who aren't likely to ever return as a Jet.  You, however, think Rex was and still is great.  So who is truly the delusional one out of the 2 of us?

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

The past is the past, why do we (collectively) spend sooooooooooooo much effort tracksing, monitoring, charting and posting over gusy who are long gone and will never be back?

Half the threads on this board some days seem to be about long gone former Jets.  Not even successful ones at that.

Had to come back to this, there is something else going on here besides the boredom and the lousy 2017 prospects.

Seems to me there are major decisions that were assumed to be necessary for progress that turned out to be catastrophic and we as a community don't spend as much time looking back as we do when we're in the thick of the changes.

1.  Letting go Mike Tannenbaum turns out to be a disaster, it's like he didn't contribute at all to the winning seasons we've had since 2000.  Idzik destroyed the core of the team, Maccagnan was dealt a poor hand.

2.  Letting go Mark Sanchez turns out to be a disaster, history now shows a little more patience in his development would have been a better risk than signing Tim Tebow, drafting Geno Smith, signing Ryan Fitzpatrick.

3.  Retaining Rex Ryan for the 2013 and 2014 seasons turns out to be a disaster, he de-motivated the organization, drafted poorly, angered the fanbase, and caused us to miss out on Andy Reid, Bruce Arians, Bill O'Brien, among others.

We talk about these decisions now without the starry-eyed optimism, and now that we're at rock bottom it seems appropriate to connect the dots back to the things that killed the organization.  Sadly, methinks we'll be talking about these for years to come.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1.  So you celebrate the idea that Rex was, at best, the 3rd best HC in the sh*tty, sh*tty history of the Jets.  Wow, what an achievement!

2.  It's not possible to get "f*cked" in 2 different attempts to be a HC.  It just isn't.  Either you cut it in the NFL or you don't.  He doesn't, and will likely never get a 3rd shot at a HC job as a result. 

I never said Ryan Fitzpatrick was "great", and don't care about guys who aren't likely to ever return as a Jet.  You, however, think Rex was and still is great.  So who is truly the delusional one out of the 2 of us?

1.  He's the best in my life time.  I celebrate the best.

2.  He got ****ed both times.  proper ****ed and then royal ****ed.  The Jets and Bills are both run by morons.  Fact.  He will 100% get another shot, what kind of drugs are you on? 

You called Ryan Fitzpatrick a "conquering hero". lmfao

Just now, JiF said:

You called Ryan Fitzpatrick a "conquering hero". lmfao

Yes, by using the exact same logic you are now.  The actual context from which that came was when I stated that "compared to the QB's we've had, you should be treating Fitz like a conquering hero".  And based on the first year he had, I wasn't far off.  But much like Rex, he sucked after his one shining moment. 

The difference between the 2 of us is that you still consider Rex to be a "conquering hero".  I don't give a sh*t about Fitz now that he's all but gone. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, by using the exact same logic you are now.  The actual context from which that came was when I stated that "compared to the QB's we've had, you should be treating Fitz like a conquering hero".  And based on the first year he had, I wasn't far off.  But much like Rex, he sucked after his one shining moment. 

The difference between the 2 of us is that you still consider Rex to be a "conquering hero".  I don't give a sh*t about Fitz now that he's all but gone. 

How many playoff games has the conquering hero won? 

2 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

I wish nothing but the best for Rex Ryan going forward. Hope he has a long and successful broadcasting career. But, it wouldn't  completely shock me to be reading a quote like this in the future.

"Shoot, sure I'm disappointed I got fired by ESPN after two years. I think if I could have continued to work with Chris Berman, we could have been successful. I don't want to make any excuses… But me and Trey Wingo just didn't seem to have the same chemistry.  And I also feel that there was a certain disconnect with upper management, as to how to properly use me. Should they use me in the studio?  Should they try to incorporate me as a game analyst? 

I don't wish them any bad luck. Although, the day I got fired, I ripped that ESPN logo right off the side of my truck. I've been looking for the right opportunity, and I think I have found it now, here at Fox sports........."

^^ late round steal.

Just now, JiF said:

How many playoff games has the conquering hero won? 

I'm not stating that Fitz is a better QB than Rex is a coach.  I'm saying that they both suck, are no longer Jets, and neither are worthy of admiration.  But if you want to hold onto those playoff wins by Rex that were an eternity ago while he sits in an ESPN analyst booth, who am I to stop you from that kind of joy?  I'm just speaking the truth.  If he was ever good, he sucks now and there's zero reason for anybody to be rooting for him to come back, just like there's zero reason for anyone to root for Fitz to be our QB again. 

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think my comment flew well over your head, Mark was the franchisee QB obviously.

I assumed you were talking about Favre, we all know mark sucked, rex sucked, Tannebaum sucked, schottenheimer sucked, Mark sucked and that we just lucked into winning 4 road playoff games.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not stating that Fitz is a better QB than Rex is a coach.  I'm saying that they both suck, are no longer Jets, and neither are worthy of admiration.  But if you want to hold onto those playoff wins by Rex that were an eternity ago while he sits in an ESPN analyst booth, who am I to stop you from that kind of joy?  I'm just speaking the truth.  If he was ever good, he sucks now and there's zero reason for anybody to be rooting for him to come back, just like there's zero reason for anyone to root for Fitz to be our QB again. 

what a stupid post to even compare the two in any way.

no one thinks or expects he will come back.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rex Ryan is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise and I want him back.  Period. 

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

He fired Jim Schwartz, so he's now back to making stuff up. Again. he remains a defense-first and only guy in an offense-oriented NFL, a beeper salesman in an iphone world. Once teams figured out how to beat his defenses, he's not even all that good at defense anyway. May as well stay on ESPN because no  NFL coaching jobs will be coming his way any time soon. It's one thing to suck and be polite, quite another to be an arrogant douchebag and suck. Nobody wants him.  

Beeper salesman in an IPhone world..... Tremendous!!! 

Everyone wonders what would have happened if Favre stayed in 2009, to me that was never happening.  The real question that I wonder about is what would have happened if Rex got to bring in his hand picked O-Coordinator from day 1 (I don't care what anyone says Rex had Schotty forced on him, and being a first time HC he accepted), Hue Jackson was going to be his hand picked OC, and that's where I start wondering about what if (seriously what if, I'm not saying would have been better, or worse have no clue).  

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Everyone wonders what would have happened if Favre stayed in 2009, to me that was never happening.  The real question that I wonder about is what would have happened if Rex got to bring in his hand picked O-Coordinator from day 1 (I don't care what anyone says Rex had Schotty forced on him, and being a first time HC he accepted), Hue Jackson was going to be his hand picked OC, and that's where I start wondering about what if (seriously what if, I'm not saying would have been better, or worse have no clue).  

Rex had no clue about offense at all, zero .

The real 'what if' question should have been, even with Favre gone what would have happened if a team ready to win now with a great oline running game and defense had gone out and got a established vet QB, even a game manger rather than a raw rookie with one year of college starts.

Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum are 100% responsible for going after that rookie QB.

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No.

History will show that both men had careers based on longevity, not quality.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a below average quarterback with a couple of flashy seasons for 13 years.  He earned $51 million dollars.

Rex Ryan was a below average head coach with a couple of flashy seasons for 8 years.  He earned $39 million dollars.

So Fitzpatrick was a better journeyman quarterback than Ryan was a journeyman head coach.

SAR I

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

sometimes he causes problems w/ statements and other times he takes the pressure off.  remember that Pats week all the talk was about rex's talk and people were forgetting about that 45-3 debacle.  sometimes his strategy worked and sometimes it didn't but I felt like of all the coaches that coached here he loved the Jets more than any of them.  

That I agree with. Unfortunately though he is on a consistent downward trend. And I think it is because his defense isn't as effective. Blitzing 8 guys doesn't help when the QB holds the ball for 2.3 seconds.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

sometimes he causes problems w/ statements and other times he takes the pressure off.  remember that Pats week all the talk was about rex's talk and people were forgetting about that 45-3 debacle.  sometimes his strategy worked and sometimes it didn't but I felt like of all the coaches that coached here he loved the Jets more than any of them.  

Ah, but here's where Rex Ryan's Jedi Mind Tricks have gotten the best of you.

Rex gave the best public perception that he loved the Jets, doesn't mean he was the most dedicated, most passionate, or connected with the players.  Eric Mangini was supposedly cut from the work-twenty-five-hours-a-day cloth of Bill Belichick, Herm Edwards inspired the locker room on both sides of the ball, Bill Parcells was a living legend.

Rex was a master at longevity and media manipulation.  You can't believe anything he ever said.  It was all designed to get him to his next contract.

SAR I

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Ah, but here's where Rex Ryan's Jedi Mind Tricks have gotten the best of you.

Rex gave the best public perception that he loved the Jets, doesn't mean he was the most dedicated, most passionate, or connected with the players.  Eric Mangini was supposedly cut from the work-twenty-five-hours-a-day cloth of Bill Belichick, Herm Edwards inspired the locker room on both sides of the ball, Bill Parcells was a living legend.

Rex was a master at longevity and media manipulation.  You can't believe anything he ever said.  It was all designed to get him to his next contract.

SAR I

Bless ye, and bless the crusty old journos in Buffalo who never bought into his shtick for a second.

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

History will show that both men had careers based on longevity, not quality.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a below average quarterback with a couple of flashy seasons for 13 years.  He earned $51 million dollars.

Rex Ryan was a below average head coach with a couple of flashy seasons for 8 years.  He earned $39 million dollars.

So Fitzpatrick was a better journeyman quarterback than Ryan was a journeyman head coach.

SAR I

OK. So  thirty minutes of head were you almost fall asleep watching sports center and never reach Everest is better than a 5 minute chrome off a bumper polishing session were you tear the arms of your favorite easy chair while you dislodge the back of the delivers skull upon climax? Not buying it.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

OK. So  thirty minutes of head were you almost fall asleep watching sports center and never reach Everest is better than a 5 minute chrome off a bumper polishing session were you tear the arms of your favorite easy chair while you dislodge the back of the delivers skull upon climax? Not buying it.

DCL metaphor aside, I think what he's comparing are 2 separate 30 jobbers. One by a guy with a weak stroke, and the other by a guy who uses his feet.

Neither of these guys are in the "chrome off a bumper" category.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

DCL metaphor aside, I think what he's comparing are 2 separate 30 jobbers. One by a guy with a weak stroke, and the other by a guy who uses his feet.

why did you have to go ahead an ruin his analogy...

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Buffalo and the Jets are two organizations of idiots. Agreed

1 hour ago, whodeawhodat said:

why did you have to go ahead an ruin his analogy...

Why is water wet, my friend?

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Buffalo and the Jets are two organizations of idiots. Agreed

Wait, I thought we were talking about Rex and Fitz? 

I don't care anymore. Can we get back to The Man in the High Castle version of Rex's tenure here according to nyjunc?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Oral sex is disrespectful to women.  I do not seek it or accept it.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

If we fire Schitty and replace him with a real OC who used the same WCO playbook Favre used in GB and in Minny he probably opts to stay and we win the Super Bowl in 2009.

Oh well

Archived