Rex Ryan On Coaching: I’m ‘tired of getting f--ked’

SAR I

6 hours ago, SMC said:

Remember when Schitty was the next big thing and Tanny interviewed him for HC job and guaranteed him the OC position before the team even hired Rex?  Good times.

Schitty is made of Teflon.  He fails everywhere yet still manages to be employed in the NFL.  Talk about being the winner of the lucky sperm club

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I would say his record speaks otherwise....  but there are those here who use if, would, could instead of using actual results. 

Not saying I disagree but it's amazing how Rex just gets slammed endlessly here meanwhile the same people will defend inept tards like Bowles and Mangini.

15 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

If Jeff fisher could still get jobs .. Rex Ryan definetly will get another shot 

Jeff Fisher didn't embarrass his organization and didn't undercut his GMs. He'd have a hard time getting another job even if he was actually competent.

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We beat PITT earlier that season.  I can accept a loss but REX teams seem to come out flat after big games. I simply will not include REX amongst above average HC's.  He is not, his record states he is not.

What do you think the odds of winning three in a row in the playoffs against those three teams are?  All three of those QBs were in their primes, too.

40 minutes ago, thadude said:

Not saying I disagree but it's amazing how Rex just gets slammed endlessly here meanwhile the same people will defend inept tards like Bowles and Mangini.

Funny. I think JN is almost unanimous in recognizing that Bowles is terrible. There is like maybe one Bowles advocate I can think of. But if distorting the truth helps your cause,  be my guest, Manish.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Two busted OL plays, one a strip sack caused by D'Bust on an unblocked safety, the other involving Moore getting tossed around like a rag doll by Wilfork right into Sanchez' slide.  Blame the quarterback!

Rex Ryan was a terrible coach.  Mark Sanchez was a decent young quarterback prospect.  You'd think after all these years the scapegoating would stop.

SAR I

D'Bust?  Ferguson had a MUCH better career than Sanchez and your boy Leinart (remember that, you wanted Leinart over D'Brick).  D'Brick was ELITE from 2008-2010 and lived up to his draft slot.  Mark Sanchez is a bust and has always been a bum.

And Moore didn't get tossed around by anyone, so quit with that bullsh*t.  Sanchez slid straight into his ass.  Rex Ryan took Mark Sanchez to the playoffs, not the other way around.

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jeff Fisher didn't embarrass his organization and didn't undercut his GMs. He'd have a hard time getting another job even if he was actually competent.

Simply Ryan is going to have a very hard time having any GM hire him off the Tyrod Taylor thing. You can try to spin any way you want, but no GM or owner is ever going to trust him after that. 

25 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

What do you think the odds of winning three in a row in the playoffs against those three teams are?  All three of those QBs were in their primes, too.

It's not about the playoffs.....  it's about REX overall record. he has a losing record. He is a HC for 8 years....   won  11 games  in 2010 , never won more than 9 after or before that.   His D in Buffalo got worse under his reign. 

People defending Rex Ryan??? Seriously

Here is the flat truth: Rex Ryan as a coach was a big pile of smelly, steaming crap. He was awful and got worse as a coach every year.

Now somehow we actually managed to pull off the almost impossible feat of finding a coach in Bowles that is actually a much bigger, smellier and throw-up nasty pile of crap than Rex.

But no where in this equation does that somehow mean that Rex is not still a rancid oozing turd of a coach. He still is.

24 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

D'Bust?  Ferguson had a MUCH better career than Sanchez and your boy Leinart (remember that, you wanted Leinart over D'Brick).  D'Brick was ELITE from 2008-2010 and lived up to his draft slot.  Mark Sanchez is a bust and has always been a bum.

And Moore didn't get tossed around by anyone, so quit with that bullsh*t.  Sanchez slid straight into his ass.  Rex Ryan took Mark Sanchez to the playoffs, not the other way around.

D'Bust was another Marvin Jones, longevity guy who didn't matter much.  I have no idea who Leinart is.  Sanchez was worthy of more investment, we quit on him too soon.  Rex was a clown and a fraud.  Moore was lifted off his feet by Wilfork and thrown into Sanchez like a projectile.  Rex took Mark to the playoffs in his rookie year, the opposite in his second.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

People defending Rex Ryan??? Seriously

Here is the flat truth: Rex Ryan as a coach was a big pile of smelly, steaming crap. He was awful and got worse as a coach every year.

Now somehow we actually managed to pull off the almost impossible feat of finding a coach in Bowles that is actually a much bigger, smellier and throw-up nasty pile of crap than Rex.

But no where in this equation does that somehow mean that Rex is not still a rancid oozing turd of a coach. He still is.

Perfectly stated.

And let's not forget that Mark Sanchez took 5 miserable meltdowns by the supposedly elite Rex Ryan defense and turned them from losses into wins, turned 6-10 into 11-5.  Imagine that.  Biggest resume moment required a guy like Sanchez to get him there.  Speaks volumes.

SAR I

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hey REx, how does it feel to take a top 3 defense in the league and turn it into trash?

It is laughable how folks ignore the fact that Rex INSULTED the previous DC when he said a top 5 Buffalo NFL defense was underperforming!!!!

In fact Rex boasted that the Bills defense would be NUMBER 1!!!

No Rex doesn't get to mock others work and then claim he was undermined and say he was the professional in the room. 

No Rex and his apologist are s joke on this issue.  

And I am one who felt that he was undermined his last year.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This isn't a case of a coach just having a few jobs like most coaches do. The man was released from 2 jobs in 3 years after not making the playoffs for 6 years. Not a good look. 

I just can't help but feel that this is typical Rex ... trying his best to stay relevant, stay in the public eye, long after his team (or ex-team) has disappeared from relevance.

Two words : attention whore.

Bowles may have lots of negatives, but this is one area I'm happy with him. Keeps his mouth out of it.

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

That I agree with. Unfortunately though he is on a consistent downward trend. And I think it is because his defense isn't as effective. Blitzing 8 guys doesn't help when the QB holds the ball for 2.3 seconds.

that's fair.  he's not coming back but I do appreciate what he did for us.

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ah, but here's where Rex Ryan's Jedi Mind Tricks have gotten the best of you.

Rex gave the best public perception that he loved the Jets, doesn't mean he was the most dedicated, most passionate, or connected with the players.  Eric Mangini was supposedly cut from the work-twenty-five-hours-a-day cloth of Bill Belichick, Herm Edwards inspired the locker room on both sides of the ball, Bill Parcells was a living legend.

Rex was a master at longevity and media manipulation.  You can't believe anything he ever said.  It was all designed to get him to his next contract.

SAR I

has anyone inspired a locker room more than Rex against the pats in the 2010 playoffs?

Rex's teams overachieved in most years.  he had 2 underachieving years- 2011 and 2014.  in 2014 he was sabotaged by Idzik so I give him a pass for that.  I also think he overachieved in Buffalo both years w/ all the injuries/suspensions and terrible front office/ownership they have there.

Rex loved and still loves the Jets, he was pissed and wanted to stick it to us(which he did by keeping us out of the 2015 playoffs) but he loves the Jets.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

that's fair.  he's not coming back but I do appreciate what he did for us.

has anyone inspired a locker room more than Rex against the pats in the 2010 playoffs?

Rex's teams overachieved in most years.  he had 2 underachieving years- 2011 and 2014.  in 2014 he was sabotaged by Idzik so I give him a pass for that.  I also think he overachieved in Buffalo both years w/ all the injuries/suspensions and terrible front office/ownership they have there.

Rex loved and still loves the Jets, he was pissed and wanted to stick it to us(which he did by keeping us out of the 2015 playoffs) but he loves the Jets.

I give Rex full credit for beating the Patriots in the AFC Divisional Playoff, that was epic, Good Rex.

But the very next week, after getting a taste of the Championship Game the year before, with all the motivation in the world, he let the team get too high, didn't prepare properly, and got destroyed in Pittsburgh.  Bad Rex.  The combination of those two weeks gets you net-neutral.  Whatever good he did in Gillette Stadium was lost 60 minutes later in Heinz Field.

I don't buy into this "overachievement" crap, not for his second year.  The first year, rookie quarterback, we were legitimately a 7-9 team and as we know the Colts and Bengals laid down like dogs to let us get a sketchy wildcard spot.  But that second year, we were for real, we had 11 legitimate wins, we had character, we slayed Manning, we were poised for the Super Bowl of our dreams.  Rex let us down terribly, the no-show in the AFCCG against a Steeler team we manhandled a month earlier was inexcusable.

Rex doesn't love the Jets.  Rex loves employment.  There is only one team in the entire NFL that would ever give the guy another look at a head coaching job.  Guess what team that is.

SAR I

Archived