Attention: PSL Thiefs

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

Face value on a 50 Yard Mezz Club PSL is 25K.  Only section on the LL you could move to would be the 50 yard line as well as the PSL face value there is 25K.

You can't for example move from a 25K PSL section down to a 20K section.

You should still  be able to move your seats by mid May.  I am guessing that is around when the seats from STHs who default or move will be available in inventory. 

So you have a little time.  Takes about 2-3 weeks for the PSL paperwork to be completed.  You may have longer than that as we never get the tickets before early August.  Just call the Jet's office.  I'm sure they will be very accommodating as they are strapping themselves in for some pretty intense ear jobs from STHs this year.

Let me know how you make out.  You're not a sucker when you can buy something for 5 cents on the dollar.  And you have all kinds of options.

I always said I would never buy a PSL but buying this year is like buying a stock after the '09 crash.

Last question. To be able to land Lower Level 20 yard line PSL, what mezz club PSL's shall I hunt for? Not interested in the pricey coaches club sections in LL. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fibonacci said:

Last question. To be able to land Lower Level 20 yard line PSL, what mezz club PSL's shall I hunt for? Not interested in the pricey coaches club sections in LL. 

Face on LLSLs are $10K - only sections in the stadium at that price point.

You're best bet would be to look at Mezz Club sections 209,210,217,218,234,235,242,243.  Face on those are $7500.

Buy a PSL in one of those sections then you could move down to Lower Goal Lines in 108,117,134,143 which are also $7500.

Look for 134 or 143 if you go that route.  Sun will be at your back and not in your face.  Plus you are on the TV side of the field which is better for the jumbotron live shots and replays.  The plays are moving in the same direction.

Your best deal right now is 2 in 234 for $1750 each.  That's 23 cents on the dollar.  And you can make a bid offer on that.  It's on pslsource.com

Good luck!  Let me know what you decide.

I've been very tempted to buy PSLs when they're at rock bottom prices -- the problem is the seats that are good enough that I'd want to sit in them for every game are still too expensive in terms of the actual ticket prices.

By comparison cherry picking 1-2 games and buying them on the secondary market is still cost effective, but I'd love to get in on season tix when prices are low... Would be great value when (if) the team is good again. 

40 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've been very tempted to buy PSLs when they're at rock bottom prices -- the problem is the seats that are good enough that I'd want to sit in them for every game are still too expensive in terms of the actual ticket prices.

By comparison cherry picking 1-2 games and buying them on the secondary market is still cost effective, but I'd love to get in on season tix when prices are low... Would be great value when (if) the team is good again. 

I hear you there.

Club seats IMO are a total ripoff.  Cheapest seat is $205?  Those seats get killed on the secondary market every week.

If you want a good value then look to seats in the Verizon Corner.  LLEZ, LL Corner and Goal line.  You can also look at the Mezz seats in that corner.

Prices are not quite at the extortion level like the Clubs and LLSL seats.

Verizon Corner is good because the sun is always at your back and not in your eyes and the players will pop.

You also have a good view of the Jets bench.  

Any cheaper and PSLs will be free.  Never seen them this cheap.

Good time to pull the trigger.

12 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I hear you there.

Club seats IMO are a total ripoff.  Cheapest seat is $205?  Those seats get killed on the secondary market every week.

If you want a good value then look to seats in the Verizon Corner.  LLEZ, LL Corner and Goal line.  You can also look at the Mezz seats in that corner.

Prices are not quite at the extortion level like the Clubs and LLSL seats.

Verizon Corner is good because the sun is always at your back and not in your eyes and the players will pop.

You also have a good view of the Jets bench.  

Any cheaper and PSLs will be free.  Never seen them this cheap.

Good time to pull the trigger.

That's the problem, I'd theoretically want LL Sideline or 200 Club Sideline but those are just too pricey. I'd be worried the angles in the corner aren't good enough to justify having those tix for every home game, especially when the play is on the other side of the field.

Real good time to get in now.  Invoices are coming.  PSL holders are dumping.

Saw 2 today in 123 Row 23 for $240.  6 cents on the dollar.

The Jet's tunnel is directly below this section.

From what I have read on some of the other threads a lot of STHs will be bailing this year.

The time to try and upgrade and relocate will be in April and May when the invoices are due.

7 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

Real good time to get in now.  Invoices are coming.  PSL holders are dumping.

Saw 2 today in 123 Row 23 for $240.  6 cents on the dollar.

The Jet's tunnel is directly below this section.

From what I have read on some of the other threads a lot of STHs will be bailing this year.

The time to try and upgrade and relocate will be in April and May when the invoices are due.

Hey man. 

Can you send me the links of the sites you are checking the prices on? Thanks in advance. 

This whole fiasco is an absolute disgrace and the Jets should be ashamed of themselves for selling fools gold.  As many have noted, it is not the PSL itself, but the commitment of shelling out $$$ for tickets to see an inferior product.  If the team was competing for a playoff spot every year, this thread would not exist.  Buyer beware!!

Better to give them out for free than lose money on the tickets. When you can't sell the tickets for even 80% of the face value, what is the purpose of owning a PSL? To give Woody more money than you would on the open market? And if anyone wants to go to a game (or every game for that matter) via the open market, guess what, they do not need to spend as much as a PSL holder. I am having a hard time understanding why someone would be thrilled into buying a product that loses value the minute the tickets are shipped this season (and in the foreseeable seasons). 

Biggest issue is so many people just don't want the burden of owning the tickets, even with the PSLs having zero resale value.  Between the traffic, the weather, a bad matchup or any other number of reasons....how many people just have to eat tickers on some weeks or give them away? When I had them, it was a huge pain in the ass. When they wanted to charge me a PSL for the privilege, and then offered me a mortgage payment plan to do it?  That was funny.  So now, not only do I gotta go resell the tickets I overpaid for for a discount just to recoup a fraction of my costs....I have to cut a check to you each month for the privilege.... Nope.  Even if i'm paying only 125 per ticket with no PSL and I have 4, that's still 500 a game x 10 for 5k a season PLUS all the aggrevation of managing the ticket sales and calling people to give away the seats and sitting in the nosebleeds on top of that? Forget it man....I'll make out better by overpaying for one or two really fun games just by waiting till the last minute on stubhub, sitting in the Coaches club and sipping hot chocolates and eating steak and sushi and hitting up the candy/sunday bars. Then I get to yell insults at the beaters on their way in to the press room after the game.

When I just went through the transfer process on my after market PSL purchase the rep asked me do you mind me asking how much you paid for each PSL (got 2 Mezz club sidelines 40 yard line, original 15k PSL, will be taking young 5 year old son so needed the ability to have an indoor place to go to warm up in bad weather, and hate non sideline views), when I said I paid $1075 per PSL, he just said OH!

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

When I just went through the transfer process on my after market PSL purchase the rep asked me do you mind me asking how much you paid for each PSL (got 2 Mezz club sidelines 40 yard line, original 15k PSL, will be taking young 5 year old son so needed the ability to have an indoor place to go to warm up in bad weather, and hate non sideline views), when I said I paid $1075 per PSL, he just said OH!

The key is if the Jets will be competitive with the aftermarket if you wanted to get a PSL through the team.

Just now, section314 said:

The key is if the Jets will be competitive with the aftermarket if you wanted to get a PSL through the team.

Well my son won't really care if the Jets are 15-0, or 0-15 at the game any time soon, he will just be pumped to be there with his dad.  Hopefully by the time he understands what's going on Sam Darnold has us winning 12+ games a year ?

50 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Well my son won't really care if the Jets are 15-0, or 0-15 at the game any time soon, he will just be pumped to be there with his dad.  Hopefully by the time he understands what's going on Sam Darnold has us winning 12+ games a year ?

My dad thought the same thing 20 years ago. Look at where we are.....Jk, some of the best moments I have shared with my dad have been at Jets games. Even made it to the 2009 and 2010 AFC championship games, although disappointing, experiences I'll never forget. Enjoy the games!   

I'm wondering if the Jets are listing a lot of these PSLs.  Isn't there a $200 transfer fee that has to be paid to the Jets?  Also I am sure there has to be some type of commission paid to the site.  Is it worth the time and effort to re-sell for literally $80?

They already sell a lot of their own seats through ticket

8 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I'm wondering if the Jets are listing a lot of these PSLs.  Isn't there a $200 transfer fee that has to be paid to the Jets?  Also I am sure there has to be some type of commission paid to the site.  Is it worth the time and effort to re-sell for literally $80?

Good question. I wonder if you told your rep that you can get PSL cheap on the aftermarket, if they would be competitive with it?

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good question. I wonder if you told your rep that you can get PSL cheap on the aftermarket, if they would be competitive with it?

Nope. What my rep said and did was discredit the 2ndary PSL websites (PSL Source.com is what I cited) as probably being outdated and that the same PSLs are multi-posted on 3-4 different websites so it's usually not reliable or accurate. I just listened and heard him out. He did say there are possibilities to move around and change seats within the same PSL cost and that they'd have a clearer picture after June. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

Nope. What my rep said and did was discredit the 2ndary PSL websites (PSL Source.com is what I cited) as probably being outdated and that the same PSLs are multi-posted on 3-4 different websites so it's usually not reliable or accurate. I just listened and heard him out. He did say there are possibilities to move around and change seats within the same PSL cost and that they'd have a clearer picture after June. 

Interesting, tnx.

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The seller pays a minimum of $200 to the site and then the buyer pays $100 transfer fee to the Jets. That's it.

Mine were $250 each to the site and they paid the seller.

and then I had to pay the Jets $100 transfer fee for a total of $600 out lay.

58 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

My transfer went as smooth as silk. had the paperwork signed and the tickets in my account within 3 weeks. Through pslsource.com

On March 23, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Lupz27 said:

Found out this week my rep who was great at following up just resigned and went to California to work for the Angels.

Has to be a tough gig right now to work for the Jet's ticket office.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On Wed Mar 08 2017 at 4:06 AM, Flushing Roots said:

2 in 208 Row 9 (Club Seats) for $250 each.  5 cents on the dollar from the $5K face value.

Face on tickets is $220 each.

I picked up 3 Seats in section 208, row 4 for $250 total. I'd been hesitant to buy PSL's but I couldn't pass them up at that price for 3. Just over $83 each.

Archived