Stump Mitchell Officially New Jets RB coach

Sarge4Tide

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I made a google spreadsheet of all the possible existing RB coaches. Then cross-references it with potential college coaches and coordinators that might be willing to become RB coaches. Then merged it with the short-list of offensive position coaches likely to want to transition from something like QB coach, to RB coach.

When it was all said and done, this guy was #3 overall on my wishlist.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

What if I masturbate and "troll" at the same time? 

only if you can troll with your left hand.  Better yet...  Rex has a lot of time on his hands.  Maybe he'll let you use his feet , while you troll with both hands.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

you're really on a trolling tear the last week.  Sure sign you're not getting any.  You know... masturbating might be more fun then all the trolling.  Give it a whack.

Masturbating and trolling are not mutually exclusive. I'm doing both right now.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

The Jets already have 2 young RBs on the roster who he can develop . Considering the NFL Life-span of a RB, why add a player like Fournette when you have 2 players who can carry you forward for the next 2 years while you continue to build your roster .  Childs is a bigger back and Romar is a speed back and both compliment what Forte and Powell do at a bigger and speedier level if not experience level .

Childs was a point guard for the Knicks and Nets.  I assume you mean Brandon Wilds and Romar Morris?  I don't consider either of these guys likely to make the team.  They are competing with Khiry Robinson and Brandon Burks out of Troy.  Wilds, Morris and Burks all were rookies and since I looked at SPARQ for my other thread graded as 27, 40 and 12 athletes at RB using that system.  I am betting they bring some more bodies in this offseason.  

I don't much care if they get younger at RB, but they had better get cheaper.  Once the Vikings cut Peterson loose they will have the highest RB expenditure in the league.  For all the talk of Maccagnan structuring contracts to be easy and cheap to get out of, it is curious that he signed 2 RBs this offseason.  They are locked in to Forte for $5M this year and will have dead money if (when) they dump him after this year.  Similar deal with Powell who they are are on the hook for $3+M this year even if they cut him.  Seems odd. 

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Childs was a point guard for the Knicks and Nets.  I assume you mean Brandon Wilds and Romar Morris?  I don't consider either of these guys likely to make the team.  They are competing with Khiry Robinson and Brandon Burks out of Troy.  Wilds, Morris and Burks all were rookies and since I looked at SPARQ for my other thread graded as 27, 40 and 12 athletes at RB using that system.  I am betting they bring some more bodies in this offseason.  

I don't much care if they get younger at RB, but they had better get cheaper.  Once the Vikings cut Peterson loose they will have the highest RB expenditure in the league.  For all the talk of Maccagnan structuring contracts to be easy and cheap to get out of, it is curious that he signed 2 RBs this offseason.  They are locked in to Forte for $5M this year and will have dead money if (when) they dump him after this year.  Similar deal with Powell who they are are on the hook for $3+M this year even if they cut him.  Seems odd. 

Got that name wrong, so thanks for correcting me . Much appreciated . Now, as far as the kid RBs go, it's what it is, you try and find diamonds where you can and both players have nice skill sets . The only contract I had a problem with on the Jets was the contract Fitzpatrick got and even I can understand why it had to happen . Last yr was bad, and unexpected because not even the worst Fitzpatrick hater could have thought he would be so bad or the defense would stink that much . It put Bowles on notice and maybe Mac, but even with that I still can see a silver lining . The kids got some experience and some showed promise

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

The Jets already have 2 young RBs on the roster who he can develop . Considering the NFL Life-span of a RB, why add a player like Fournette when you have 2 players who can carry you forward for the next 2 years while you continue to build your roster .  Childs is a bigger back and Romar is a speed back and both compliment what Forte and Powell do at a bigger and speedier level if not experience level .

At the very least we'll have fresh eyes on our RB situation now, which we sorely need.  

Shipp and Mitchell both have Cardinals ties.  Mitchell was RB coach for the Cards when Bowles was DC.  Shipp was a Cardinal alum that was a coaching intern with the Card when Bowles was DC and coached at RBs UMass.  He was also signed by the Texans while Maccagnan was there, though I don't know how that would influence anything.  Mitchell has been around for a while and has been a head coach in college.  On paper/experience wise it is certainly an upgrade.

Archived