Hackenburg has 9 years to get us to the Superbowl

Jetster

Christian turns 22 in a couple of weeks. Matt Ryan is 31 going on 32.

Do Jet fans have the patience of Falcon fans? Lol. The way I look at it by time everything is in place & Christian has the players around him, (an Oline like the Cowboys), a fantastic RB, dynamic WRs, and a strong defense we should be on our way right?

These things take time, sometimes years as in Matty Ice case. Wasn't long ago you started hearing the whispers, "is Matt Ryan good enough to take his team to the next level?". QBs take years to mature in this league, we're Jet fans, we have all the time in the world to do this thing right. What's another 9/10 years when it's been over 47?

The NFL sucks now anyway, so let's all just take a few years away while Hack develops & when we return, he might be ready to rock & we'll all love the NFL again like Brady, Manning & Big Ben fans who have watched these 3 dominate the AFC for 16 freaking years.

I can't stand the NFL right now. Brady & BB dominating every year. Instead of taking Bradys head off when given the chance our defenders let him lead a play as a blocker and it looked like Moses parting the Red Sea. Dear Mr. Goodell...I want MY NFL back! The NFL I fell in love with watching Joe Kapp throwing wobblers in the snow vs the Bears. The Rams fearsome foursome, Kenny "the snake" Stabler, Barry Sanders just flipping the ball to the ref, not doing a stupid feed me act. If I have to watch that classy Edelman shaking his head vigorously at DBs after another successful Patriots pick play I'll lose my mind.

Or the Patriots offensive line go through the entire playoffs & Super Bowl with nary a holding call while Brady does one one thousand, two onethousand, three onethousand, four onethousand, five onethousand, six onethousand, seven onethousand.

If there is a god up there, the Falcons have to win this Sunday...right? Right?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Christian turns 22 in a couple of weeks. Matt Ryan is 31 going on 32.

Do Jet fans have the patience of Falcon fans? Lol. The way I look at it by time everything is in place & Christian has the players around him, (an Oline like the Cowboys), a fantastic RB, dynamic WRs, and a strong defense we should be on our way right?

These things take time, sometimes years as in Matty Ice case. Wasn't long ago you started hearing the whispers, "is Matt Ryan good enough to take his team to the next level?". QBs take years to mature in this league, we're Jet fans, we have all the time in the world to do this thing right. What's another 9/10 years when it's been over 47?

The NFL sucks now anyway, so let's all just take a few years away while Hack develops & when we return, he might be ready to rock & we'll all love the NFL again like Brady, Manning & Big Ben fans who have watched these 3 dominate the AFC for 16 freaking years.

I can't stand the NFL right now. Brady & BB dominating every year. Instead of taking Bradys head off when given the chance our defenders let him lead a play as a blocker and it looked like Moses parting the Red Sea. Dear Mr. Goodell...I want MY NFL back! The NFL I fell in love with watching Joe Kapp throwing wobblers in the snow vs the Bears. The Rams fearsome foursome, Kenny "the snake" Stabler, Barry Sanders just flipping the ball to the ref, not doing a stupid feed me act. If I have to watch that classy Edelman shaking his head vigorously at DBs after another successful Patriots pick play I'll lose my mind.

Or the Patriots offensive line go through the entire playoffs & Super Bowl with nary a holding call while Brady does one one thousand, two onethousand, three onethousand, four onethousand, five onethousand, six onethousand, seven onethousand.

If there is a god up there, the Falcons have to win this Sunday...right? Right?

I think so, if Hackenberg plays as well as Ryan did early in his career.

As rookies

• Hackenberg was 4th string -- behind 3 bad QBs (one of whom not even fit to be a backup QB himself last year).
  • Ryan was already an asset to his team as an NFL starter.

It is entirely possible, if not reasonable, to presume Hackenberg will never have a season as good as Ryan's rookie year. 

47 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

As rookies

• Hackenberg was 4th string -- behind 3 bad QBs (one of whom not even fit to be a backup QB himself last year).
  • Ryan was already an asset to his team as an NFL starter.

It is entirely possible, if not reasonable, to presume Hackenberg will never have a season as good as Ryan's rookie year. 

apples and oranges.  i don't think the philosophy of the falcons was to sit ryan for a season at all costs.  clearly it was with the jets or they wouldn't have kept 4 qbs on the roster.  hack is very much an unknown and that's one of the reasons why it's so easy to discount his abilities.

24 minutes ago, rangerous said:

apples and oranges.  i don't think the philosophy of the falcons was to sit ryan for a season at all costs.  clearly it was with the jets or they wouldn't have kept 4 qbs on the roster.  hack is very much an unknown and that's one of the reasons why it's so easy to discount his abilities.

Only thing unknown about how Hack is how much he truly sucks at football

9 minutes ago, rangerous said:

No, it's apples and apples. They were both highly drafted NFL QBs. Also it's one thing to have him sit as a backup. It's another still to have him 4th string, not suiting up, even when the season had reached the point of playing time & tryouts. 

Hackenberg is not very much an unknown. That is a cop out statement. It is very much known he was unfit to see the field. 

There is no actual evidence the GM, when drafting Hackenberg, decided at that time he wanted to sit him all season long no matter what, even in the case of his starter failing, plus the next 2 suffering significant injuries, and with the team being eliminated from contention. That is the result - evidently because he was so terrible it behooved them to avoid further embarrassment by hiding their controversial pick - but that does not therefore mean that was the desire during the draft itself.  

WE NEED A QB OR NOTHING ELSE MATTERS 

Same old NY Jets: Some of the saddest fans you’ll see at the game

GettyImages-72282593.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=

Jets fans don’t have it easy. Since the days of “Broadway” Joe Namath and the team’s lone Super Bowl win in 1969, Jets fans haven’t really had much to cheer about.

Jets fans have had more cringe-worthy moments than most football fans could ever endure. The Jets are the team most known for embarrassing moments that include allowing Head Coach Bill Belichick to quit on the day they announced him as coach and then head to rival New England, the Dan Marino “fake spike play” and of course, who could ever forget, the infamous Mark Sanchez “Butt Fumble.

Yet with all those forehead-slapping miscues over the years, Jets fans still find a way to fill up MetLife Stadium every Sunday and cheer on their J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

To commemorate the misery over the years, here are some of the saddest looking Jets fans you’ll ever see at the games.

Read More: Same old NY Jets: Some of the saddest fans you'll see at the game | http://nj1015.com/same-old-ny-jets-some-of-the-saddest-fans-youll-see-at-the-game/?trackback=tsmclip

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, it's apples and apples. They were both highly drafted NFL QBs. Also it's one thing to have him sit as a backup. It's another still to have him 4th string, not suiting up, even when the season had reached the point of playing time & tryouts. 

Hackenberg is not very much an unknown. That is a cop out statement. It is very much known he was unfit to see the field. 

There is no actual evidence the GM, when drafting Hackenberg, decided at that time he wanted to sit him all season long no matter what, even in the case of his starter failing, plus the next 2 suffering significant injuries, and with the team being eliminated from contention. That is the result - evidently because he was so terrible it behooved them to avoid further embarrassment by hiding their controversial pick - but that does not therefore mean that was the desire during the draft itself.  

its almost like you shouldn't draft a guy who is 3 years away from playing when your starter and back up aren't under contract after his first year and your other guy is 2 years into his 3 year plan, lol

I mean look around the league, after these guys get paid its really really hard to win, you need all 4 years of a rookie QB to develop him and win

now I'm sad

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How can a second round pick get "redshirted"?!??

It's not like Fitz/Geno/Petty were lighting it up either this year.  Anyone semi-decent shoots up to 1 on our depth chart by week 8

Archived