******SUPER BOWL Game Thread******

joewilly12

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ThisYearsModel said:

4th quarter. Great catch by Julio Jones. 3 runs and a FG clinch the game. And Dan Quinn is a genius? That is the epic choke in the history of the NFL.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I vomited guacamole and blue tortilla chip chunks into my napkin. I tried to be delicate and lady-like about it, but it didn't work out. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I never want to hear about Dan Quinn being "the guy we missed out on" ever again.  You couldn't have managed a worse game, the clock in particular.  Even Andy Reid must've been flabbergasted by that.

You don't have to ever worry about that ever again

Just now, thadude said:

Why?  Are they supposed to lose to the Bryce Petty's, Mark Sanchezes and Chad Penningtons on purpose to make u feel better?

Nope. It's envy and rivalry, especially the history between the 2 of us. I'm man enough to admit it.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Nope. It's envy and rivalry, especially the history between the 2 of us. I'm man enough to admit it.

Well then boycott the jets when they do stupid stuff like trade for Tebow, sign D'Mittri Paterson to be the #1 cover corner or go into TC with a Petty/Hack competition at QB

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

Well then boycott the jets when they do stupid stuff like trade for Tebow, sign D'Mittri Paterson to be the #1 cover corner or go into TC with a Petty/Hack competition at QB

Well that last one hasn't happened yet but the rest of those fun facts are not so fun.

3 minutes ago, Pequod said:

Better than being a world class putz.

1. I highly doubt that.

2. Again, your team won and you're trolling a Jets forum after winning a Super Bowl at 12:23 in the AM.  One of us is a putz.  It isn't me.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

their offense ran like 40 plays.  they were out there all day.

That is why the lost.  Look at the time of position especially in the second half.  The Falcons defense was on the field forever.  All the Falcons needed to do was get a few first downs while using up as much clock as posibl, kick a field goal and they when.  Horrible playcalling and an epic choke job.

At the end of the day luck matters in the last few rounds of the NFL playoffs in the era of parity.  Pats had some luck today, they got unlucky in 2007.  The important thing is putting yourself in the position to win consistently.  That comes from doing lots of little things well.  The team discipline, the situational football etc

Atlanta played crappy situational football tonight and that probably made them lose.  The Jets on the other hand do  most of the little things incorrectly, and that's why we are bottom of the league in a lot of categories.  We aren't that far, but it's clear to me the coaching gulf is  huge compared to what it takes to make it deep into the playoffs like what we saw this years playoff contenders achieve.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I never want to hear about Dan Quinn being "the guy we missed out on" ever again.  You couldn't have managed a worse game, the clock in particular.  Even Andy Reid must've been flabbergasted by that.

I watched the game.  My mouth was open and silent for most of five quarters.  I don't know how you blame that loss on anyone.  The Patriot players won that game.  There were some amazing plays and a lot of willful players.  Atlanta was ready to play, but was not ready for the New England Patriots.  The Falcons are going to be a good team for a long time.  So are the Patriots.

I'm English, Jets are my team, because I have been to New York twice and I like Flash Gordon.....tenuous I know....I stayed up to watch that last night and decided to call it a day at half time knowing that I had work in the morning and thinking great a new SB champion and its a team which are very likable...so this morning I am in a little shock...how did that happen!? It is now 8:30am and I have been at work for 45 minutes still a bit shell shocked!

I understand pain as a fan being that I support West Ham United - the parallels between these and the Jets are frightening....I have suffered all my life (context) as Hammer and a Jet....Flash, I hold you accountable.

Bubbles extract (West Ham supporters song) 'Like my dreams they fade and die, fortunes always hiding, I've looked every where....'

I'm in Europe on a trip and game started after 12:30 am. Watched first half but decided with a probably one hour half time show to pack it in esp with big lead by Atlanta who was out hitting NEP in first half. I woke up about 5 am and looked at phone and saw the final score and game summary. Now that's a wake up call and not the one I wanted to see. Just a nightmare ever since 2001. The thing I hate most is when you see the owners box and Kraft and his son happy. 

3 hours ago, Hael said:

At the end of the day luck matters in the last few rounds of the NFL playoffs in the era of parity.  Pats had some luck today, they got unlucky in 2007.  The important thing is putting yourself in the position to win consistently.  That comes from doing lots of little things well.  The team discipline, the situational football etc

Atlanta played crappy situational football tonight and that probably made them lose.  The Jets on the other hand do  most of the little things incorrectly, and that's why we are bottom of the league in a lot of categories.  We aren't that far, but it's clear to me the coaching gulf is  huge compared to what it takes to make it deep into the playoffs like what we saw this years playoff contenders achieve.

Coaching plays a huge role in this thing . But until you have a real QB in this league your not a legit contender .. it's been a problem with us far too long .. the idea that you can still Trent dilfer thing is done it's very rare thing .. 

Greatest SB I ever saw.  A game that looked like a dud which turned on a dime into an all time classic.  I still feel a kick to my stomach every time I think about Brien's two misses in Pittsburgh. And that was only for a chance to go into the championship game.  I can't imagine what Falcons fans are feeling today.  Up by 25 with two minutes left in the third?  Fuk me.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

They feel worse than Jets fans today. 

Told my wife last night that if it had been us throwing away that lead I would have either been on the phone this morning with a contractor working out repairs to my house or she would have been planning my funeral.  

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

As long as Josh has Brady.  He didn't look like a genius in Denver, did he?

Josh McDaniels was one of the most detrimental coaches in the Broncos’ storied history.

And now, less than a week before his New England Patriots offense faces off in Super Bowl LI against Atlanta, McDaniels was asked how one knows when they’re ready to head coach a team.

“Well, I wasn’t the last time,” he said during Monday’s Media Night according to Jeff Legwold of ESPN.

At only 33 years old when he was hired, McDaniels took a team which hovered around .500 and took it to a place which was unfamiliar territory; the cellar of the AFC West.

McDaniels’ blunders in the Mile High City were numerous, starting off by upsetting “franchise” quarterback Jay Cutler before shipping him out of town and bringing in Kyle Orton. Oh, and he spent a first-round pick on Tim Tebow. And he was caught videotaping the 49ers practice in London, sparking a Spygate II moniker.

McDaniels finished off his terrible two-year stint in Denver by taking the team to a 3-9 record before being fired. The Broncos ended the year 4-12, their most losses in a single season in the 57 years of the franchise. He was relieved of his duties in 2010, finishing his head coaching career in Denver 11-17.

Eric Studesville took over as interim head coach, and he’s been a rock-solid running backs coach for many years in the Mile High City.

Now, McDaniels at age 40, had a chance to become a head coach once again. This time, interviewing for the Los Angeles Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars and San Francisco 49ers in the offseason. Those teams all passed on McD, who was asked Monday night if he thought the losses in Denver amounted to a learning experience.

“Sure. All the experiences I’ve had in coaching I hope have made me a better person, better coach,” McDaniels said, per Legwold. “I think so much about this game, this business, is about people and trying to put together the right group of people and allow them to have their responsibilities, trust them to do their job and be a great resource for them and help them in any way that you can.

“Some of the things I failed at before, I think I learned from and am better for it. I think I am,” McDaniels explained. 

Following McDaniels’ nightmarish, laughably bad Broncos teams of 2009 and 2010, John Elway took over the front office and led Denver back to the top of the AFC West for five straight seasons, including two Super Bowl appearances and a third world championship for the franchise.

But McDaniels’ blunders still have an effect in Denver, as the Broncos shied away from hiring 37-year old wonderkid Kyle Shanahan as their next head coach. Now, Shanahan has his Atlanta Falcons offense — the best in the NFL — competing for Super Bowl LI against McDaniels and the Patriots. Some — many — have already questioned if Denver made the right choice, hiring the older (44) Vance Joseph as their head coach instead of Shanahan.

Could McDaniels’ driving Denver off a cliff have been a reason for the Broncos deciding to avoid a young, offensive-minded head coach? It’s certainly possible.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Greatest SB I ever saw.  A game that looked like a dud which turned on a dime into an all time classic.  I still feel a kick to my stomach every time I think about Brien's two misses in Pittsburgh. And that was only for a chance to go into the championship game.  I can't imagine what Falcons fans are feeling today.  Up by 25 with two minutes left in the third?  Fuk me.

How about the person who bet a million dollars on the falcons to win?!? Can u imagine that!

Archived