******SUPER BOWL Game Thread******

joewilly12

2 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I remember driving home while listening to MNF on Westwood One. At halftime they spoke to Brady via phone, he said he was home watching with pen and pad taking notes cause you never know when you might face an opponent.

I also remember lazyass Brick say he never watches football in his free time cause he lives football at work. He even said that when questioned about an upcoming opponent.

Take notice today what goes on NE sidelines you see NONE of this when watching a Jets game. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Take notice today what goes on NE sidelines you see NONE of this when watching a Jets game. 

Pats live for the postseason.

Jets have martini lounge Wall St wannabes like Fitzhole and D'Quit that plan for a 16-game season and vacation with the family.

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

Pats live for the postseason.

Jets have martini lounge Wall St wannabes like Fitzhole and D'Quit that plan for a 16-game season and vacation with the family.

You see coaching you see players on both sides of the ball viewing the computers you see Brady tossing the ball you see BB talking endlessly on the headset NONE of this stuff happens on the Jets sidelines. 

4 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I hope Atlanta is prepared for any scenario with well-rehearsed gadget plays if needed

you would hope with 2 weeks to get ready they covered;

put out fake play sheets before the game for the cheaters to steal

put fake plays on the white board for the cheaters to steal

put fake plays in the walkthrough for the cheaters to videotape

if they go for it on 4th down its going to be a QB sneak

they will run a hurry up offense at any point in the game

their corners are tiny, they better give the truth 7 targets in the first half

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't trust Atlanta's defense one bit. The Giants defense when they beat NE were experienced and got the PR from the DL.

Atlanta's LBers are not going to get to Brady.

Any game the Pats are involved in, I want a blowout, either way, so I don't have to watch it.

Expect another game where a defense sits back in zone, rushes only 4, keeps LBs in the game to combat the run and has the 3 little white guys find seams all day. 

It's torture. 

Only way to beat them is  to ignore the run completely, to nickel and dime but with a serious rush indifferent to the run, to put Brady on his ass and to muscle up the WRs one on one at the line.

NOBODY does it. 

Why this is the one year to root for the hated Patriots in the Super Bowl

Tom Brady has earned your support this season because of the acts of one Roger Goodell.

Tom Brady has earned your support this season because of the acts of one Roger Goodell.

(WINSLOW TOWNSON/USA TODAY SPORTS)

Ah, it's that day again — the day Tom Brady is in another Super Bowl.

The day the Patriots quarterback could cement his legacy as the greatest of all time. The day New Englanders jauntily head to Dunkin' Donuts in their four-wheel drive SUVs, still flaunting "Free Brady" bumper stickers, while the rest of America collectively groans, “Ugh, not again.”

I get it.

If my family didn't live in Massachusetts, I'd hate the Patriots too. And I'd probably hate Tom Brady with his supermodel wife, terrible mattress commercials and repetitive “it was a team effort” answers.

Super Bowl LI: How will the Patriots slow down the Falcons?

Why should anyone cheer for New England? The team already has four Super Bowl titles (not to mention, it just defeated the Seahawks two years ago). The Falcons have never won.

Plus, the Patriots are evil cheaters, right? Some of the criticism is deserved (Spygate), some less so (Deflategate, the Spygate makeup call).

Bill Belichick has become the NFL's very own Keyser Söze, with tales of mysterious radio malfunctions, locker room wire-tapping and overall trickery. Nothing is random; it's all part of the master plan. I'd tell you more, but they might be listening.

Yet if there were ever a year to root for the deeply despised Patriots, it's this one. Why? As Hector Salamanca discovered on "Breaking Bad," sometimes the enemy of your enemy can be your friend. And the Patriots' latest enemy is Roger Goodell.

In-depth look at Super Bowl LI matchup between Falcons, Pats

Over the years, the NFL commissioner has repeatedly downplayed the effects of concussions (remember his tone-deaf "there's risk in sitting on the couch" gem?) and been inconsistent when it comes to domestic violence. Goodell's always been able to tap-dance around his mistakes and deflect from behind the podium, while reportedly making over $30 million a year. In the end, he always wins.

Owner Bob Kraft and Goodell were pretty chummy before the commissioner fined his team $1 million and docked the Pats two draft picks, while also handing Brady a four-game suspension for allegedly being "generally aware" of some master football-deflating scheme; that's two games more than Ray Rice's initial ban for domestic violence, and three more than Josh Brown received.

The signal-caller fought the suspension in court, but ultimately, Goodell won again — or so he thought.

See, the story was supposed to go like this: With Brady not playing the first four games of the season, the Patriots stumbled out of the gate with their backup quarterbacks and learned their lesson. But instead, with the help of Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett, the Pats went 14-2 and now are in their ninth Super Bowl.

Patriots believe Tom Brady will play another 3-5 seasons: report

It's already a nightmare for Goodell, who insists "it's not awkward at all." He said he'd hang out at Gillette Stadium anytime, as long as the Patriots invited him — even though the commissioner can choose to go to any game he wants.

It's not awkward at all, even though Goodell's been avoiding Foxboro the way I avoid Rockefeller Center during the holiday season or costumed characters in Times Square.

In fact, there's now been so much buildup, Goodell handing Brady the Lombardi Trophy on Sunday night would essentially create a made-for-TV moment that could captivate viewers without a true rooting interest in the game.

AUG. 31, 2015, FILE PHOTO

Goodell.

(MARK LENNIHAN/AP)

Veteran guard Geoff Schwartz tweeted that he's "rooting for the awkwardness" of the situation, simply telling the Daily News: "I think people like watching train wrecks on television."

Browns tackle Joe Thomas agreed that he'd look forward to the exchange. "I really love awkward situations," Thomas added on ESPN's "Mike & Mike."

It's the type of cringe-worthy social disaster that draws people into reality shows. "The Bachelor" had the woman who dressed up as a shark, and now the Super Bowl could have its first super uncomfortable trophy presentation since 1981, when then-commissioner Pete Rozelle handed the trophy to Al Davis with two hands.

Brady has said all the right things, of course: There isn't any "extra motivation" this season blah blah blah. This is a guy who used to destroy controllers when he didn't win in video games and whose father ripped the commissioner on TV last month; there's a Goodell voodoo doll somewhere.

If Brady and the Patriots win another Super Bowl, they'd still be labeled cheaters (except in New England, of course). The phantom asterisk will haunt the team until Belichick stops coaching at 105 years old and Brady stops playing at 60. The Patriots are already a dynasty; Brady's already arguably the greatest quarterback of all time. Not that much changes.

However, a Super Bowl title to cap this Patriots season would be an embarrassment to Goodell, who'd probably much rather watch the big game from a bunker in the Georgia Dome.

Despite facing fairly consistent criticism, the commissioner seemingly can't be stopped. He won't lose his job. He'll keep making millions. It'll take the NFL losing money for that to actually happen. But if the Patriots win against the Falcons on Sunday, consider it a loss for Roger Goodell.

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The pregame show will drop your IQ 15 points. "Bartman" thing on ESPN is way more interesting about how sick being a fan of any team can be. 

bartman is scary, how close he came to being torn apart by a mob, and as they said in the piece, any fan would reach out for the ball.  It was sick how soon his name got out to the public, and the media took too long to realize they over-did the coverage

sad

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Falcons win today, they would be the lowest ranked defense EVER to win the Super Bowl, which is ironic because Dan Quinn is a defensive guy.

The problem for him is that the Pats can both pass and run succinctly, so its a game of pick your poison. 

ranked on what ?   they score so much teams usually have to pass on them 45 times to stay in the game.  it can be a very misleading stat

lets hope the patriots offense is very succint tonight, lol

Just now, Larz said:

ranked on what ?   they score so much teams usually have to pass on them 45 times to stay in the game.  it can be a very misleading stat

lets hope the patriots offense is very succint tonight, lol

Points per game. The 2011 Giants allowed 25 PPG. This Falcons team allowed 25.4 PPG.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would pick Blount. I know that Deion Jones is a great tackler, but if the Pats decide to run at Beasley, then who knows?

lol, you beg the patriots to run especially when you have the falcons offense. I bet brady throws 15 of the games first 20 plays

Some interesting Jets defensive stats as we wait:

They were the least penalized defense in the NFL last year. Now that could easily be because they weren't in positions to penalize in the first place.

11th in total yards given up but 29th in PPG. So that yards stat is a bit misleading.

Offensive drives against them ended in any score 37.6% of the time. That was 13th in the NFL

Here is a big one. The Jets gave up 6 TDs via kick return, scoop and score, pick six, or FG/XP return. Only the Titans gave up more of those type of TDs with 8. The Rams also gave up 6. That is a major factor towards the PPG total.

Along that route, the Jets gave up 110 takeaway points (Points off of Jets takeaways). Only the Rams gave up more.

Archived