I think I am done with the NFL

CanadaSteve

So, one of two things just happened in the NFL.

Either you are the dumbest OC in the history of the sport, or your on the take.  There is no other explanation.

You are deep in NE territory, only six minutes left in the game, and if you kick a field goal, the game is over.  But you elect to call a pass play that takes you out of field goal range.  Then, you get a holding call that eliminates any chance.

The Patriots get the greatest comeback in NFL history to win in the only game to go to OT.

I CALL ABSOLUTE BULLsh*t> 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was one of the worst coached halves of football I have ever seen. Against the greatest team in sports history, you absolutely stop playing and stop competing 5 minutes into the second half?

Did Bowltite and Quinn flip jobs at halftime? I just do not get WTF Atlanta was doing, fielding kickoffs in the EZ and purposefully running out of bounds at the 10 yard line on more than 1 occasion and going ultra conservative. Have to punt on 4th and 33 out when they were in FG range to put the game away, only to give up 2 stupid sacks.

I cannot believe that just happened and I want to vomit.

Thank you Dan Quinn

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And on the holding play the Pats should have been flagged for a facemask, offsetting the hold and keeping the Falcons in FG range. 

Typical Pats play. 

This is exactly what I am talking about.

If you wrote a script about this, no one would believe it.  Something smells here.  Like Paul Krue gives up in the second half kinda smells.

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

This is exactly what I am talking about.

If you wrote a script about this, no one would believe it.  Something smells here.  Like Paul Krue gives up in the second half kinda smells.

Atlanta played so bad.  Their offense never had the ball.  Even when they got close enough to score they screwed up.  Massive choke. 

I am literally done.  Now I have to read about the greatest comeback of all time, and the Jets have nothing.  Nothing.

No reason they won't be back next year.

It's called football. I remember many a jet fan criticizing Herman Edwards when he elected to run the football at Pittsburg and try for 2 game Winning FGs . The kicker missed and Herm was a Moron .

Jet fans are the kings of second guessing .

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the call, only that the NFL MVP made a Play that Jets fans told us over and over that only Geno Smith would make . The RB chipped the defensive end, but considering where the ball was and the point in the game, Matt Ryan should have thrown the ball to the RB instead of taking that sack . In that instance, you either run a screen or a draw, and the screen was there to the RB.

It was a terrible play by a veteran QB and it cost them a shot at points  that could have put the game out of reach .

I'm done. The blatant rigged officiating in this game says it all. Just rename it to the Kraft and Goodell league. I'm taking a long hiatus from this corrupt league and concentrate on things that truly matter. Good luck to the rest of you that are hanging in there. I've wasted to much of my life on this garbage

Just now, Tinstar said:

It's called football. I remember many a jet fan criticizing Herman Edwards when he elected to run the football at Pittsburg and try for 2 game Winning FGs . The kicker missed and Herm was a Moron .

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the call, only that the NFL MVP made a Play that Jets fans told us over and over that only Geno Smith would make . The RB chipped the defensive end, but considering where the ball was and the point in the game, Matt Ryan should have thrown the ball to the RB instead of taking that sack . In that instance, you either run a screen or a draw, and the screen was there to the RB.

It was a terrible play by a veteran QB and it cost them a shot at points  that could have put the game out of reach .

Kings of second guessing?  Ya right Tinstar.

If you think there is nothing wrong with the call, then don't ever apply for an OC job.

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Kings of second guessing?  Ya right Tinstar.

If you think there is nothing wrong with the call, then don't ever apply for an OC job.

If Ryan completed a pass for TD it would have been "a great, aggressive play that dumb, conservative Bowles would never call"  

If they ran it and got stopped, missed the FG it would have been "a dumb, conservative Bowles-like call, should have gone for the kill"  

29 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, one of two things just happened in the NFL.

Either you are the dumbest OC in the history of the sport, or your on the take.  There is no other explanation.

You are deep in NE territory, only six minutes left in the game, and if you kick a field goal, the game is over.  But you elect to call a pass play that takes you out of field goal range.  Then, you get a holding call that eliminates any chance.

The Patriots get the greatest comeback in NFL history to win in the only game to go to OT.

I CALL ABSOLUTE BULLsh*t> 

It's the halftime show, it was over 1 hour 20 minutes between Falcons offensive possessions real time, stop making it about entertainment for the non football fan, and make it about actual football.  With a 15 minute halftime Falcons win this game 42-20.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

If Ryan completed a pass for TD it would have been "a great, aggressive play that dumb, conservative Bowles would never call"  

If they ran it and got stopped, missed the FG it would have been "a dumb, conservative Bowles-like call, should have gone for the kill"  

After the Jones catch, they should have run it 3 times and kicked the FG. 

23 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

And Atlanta snapping the ball with 15 or 20 seconds left on every play in the 4th quarter? What was that?

14 minutes ago, C Mart said:

You're right.

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

IF they make it. Sure. 

Doesn't matter whether you make the kick or not; there is NOTHING you do in that situation but run the ball, take the time off the clock, and try and go up two scores with less than 5 minutes left.  The way they were running the ball that day?  No, something stinks here.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

And Atlanta snapping the ball with 15 or 20 seconds left on every play in the 4th quarter? What was that?

Who snapped the ball and who called for the snap, Quinn or Shanahan  ?   One Veteran QB led his team to a win and one Veteran QB led his team to a lost .

20 minutes ago, Jets Daily Dosage. said:

I know I'm probably  done. Best of luck to those who stay. Will always love my jets. But seems to me that the NFL is fixed

Could have said that in the first half?  Goodell doesn't want Pats to win? 

Archived