we better draft fournette cook a qb and go offense this draft

thegm

first off we r joke we lost out on ton great coaches we prob cant get jimmy d and maybe r coach can actually do something and get some cardinals in like jefferson and chandler jones free agency and most rounds in draft r loaded this year 

thats why plz plz dont go defense we gotta get a player to get excited about look what ajaiyi did for miami  if we dont go qb we get tyrod he buys us twl years and we get fournette or cook two franchise changers we need to go offense this draft ditch marshall and bad locker room guys theres tight ends like maybe secomd round njoku who can be impact right away and recieverra we can get late tht can play dede juju kupp or the ecu or penn st kids ross if he falls curtis samuel dupree strongfella rudolph scott qbs tht would be worth devoloping kaya va tech kid webb mahone and i think a tackle like roderick johnson or couple other late valued oline guyz we can develop hell maybe we can land adoree in the third or waats brother and another edge rusher but this is the uear we get thr rookie of the year and get r star fournette 

jets next year 

trade forte for pack of bubble gum and wilkerson to a team like dallas or niners maybe u can convice a team to take marshall too then bring in cheap vets and younger guys floyd boldin britt patterson josh gordon gabriel or even kenny stills keep r other recievers 

fux the oline 

qb tyrod get rid of petty and keep the other idiot to battle kaya webb or va tech kid

rb r star fournette bring back the waste of space and draft mixon late or connor from pitt 

te njoku sefaris 

build oline 

wr decker floyd boldin kupp or juju with maybe samuel and brinh r slot guys back 

boom run tyrod boldin is still great njoku will be a stud decker and tyrid will  connect 

and run the ball give fournette 30 carries a game dont turn it over 

if we do this atleast we havr a couple players to be excited about abd a rb can turn u around 

if wr dong wr better get a qb

3 hours ago, thegm said:

first off we r joke we lost out on ton great coaches we prob cant get jimmy d and maybe r coach can actually do something and get some cardinals in like jefferson and chandler jones free agency and most rounds in draft r loaded this year 

thats why plz plz dont go defense we gotta get a player to get excited about look what ajaiyi did for miami  if we dont go qb we get tyrod he buys us twl years and we get fournette or cook two franchise changers we need to go offense this draft ditch marshall and bad locker room guys theres tight ends like maybe secomd round njoku who can be impact right away and recieverra we can get late tht can play dede juju kupp or the ecu or penn st kids ross if he falls curtis samuel dupree strongfella rudolph scott qbs tht would be worth devoloping kaya va tech kid webb mahone and i think a tackle like roderick johnson or couple other late valued oline guyz we can develop hell maybe we can land adoree in the third or waats brother and another edge rusher but this is the uear we get thr rookie of the year and get r star fournette 

jets next year 

trade forte for pack of bubble gum and wilkerson to a team like dallas or niners maybe u can convice a team to take marshall too then bring in cheap vets and younger guys floyd boldin britt patterson josh gordon gabriel or even kenny stills keep r other recievers 

fux the oline 

qb tyrod get rid of petty and keep the other idiot to battle kaya webb or va tech kid

rb r star fournette bring back the waste of space and draft mixon late or connor from pitt 

te njoku sefaris 

build oline 

wr decker floyd boldin kupp or juju with maybe samuel and brinh r slot guys back 

boom run tyrod boldin is still great njoku will be a stud decker and tyrid will  connect 

if we do this atleast we havr a couple players to be excited about abd a rb can turn u around 

Learn to type and spell and I will have the patience to read what you write... But this twitter shorthand junk is not OK in a forum post that is 200+ words... You should be spanked for that gibberish and learn to talk as a normal human being..... Otherwise you come across as a 12 year old, giving your post no validity...

12 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Learn to type and spell and I will have the patience to read what you write... But this twitter shorthand junk is not OK in a forum post that is 200+ words... You should be spanked for that gibberish and learn to talk as a normal human being..... Otherwise you come across as a 12 year old, giving your post no validity...

Y u wanna b a hatr?

jets next year 
fux the oline 
te njoku sefaris 
build oline 

punctuate much ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

To have a serious conversation regarding the topic, 

I have to agree that YOUNG OFFENSIVE GAME BREAKERS  are in DIRE need for on this Jets roster.

Like most have stated, the IDEAL preference is to always trade back a few spots and saddle on some extra picks in the process and maximize value and talent. But a draft going after talent that can yield you an OBJ, Brandon Cook, Devontae Freeman, etc. can ONLY HELP these young QBs the Jets seem to be fostering. This team hasn't had a draft prioritizing offensive speed/serious YAC players since 2001 when they selected WR Santana Moss, RB LaMont Jordan, & OT Kareem McKenzie with the first 3 picks - THAT WAS 16 YEARS AGO!!!! The LAST time we went Offense the first 3 picks overall was in 2006 with more "Foundation Run-Game Players" in LT Brick, C, Mangold, & eternal-sub Kellen Clemens (yet another failed 2nd round Jets QB pick). That was Mangin's initial year. Depending on FA, and the fact it's a WEAK OLine draft in '17, I would mind AT ALL going after FLASH offensive players in the first 2 or 3 rounds in a draft that has better defensive talent that can drop and address defensive needs in the later rounds. It would be refreshing to see the Jets really demonstrate a PREMIUM on acquiring the limited TOP offensive talent in this draft. 

So yes, it's been a while since the Jets have gone after Game-changers on offense and it's sorely needed as current offensive skill players, sans Enunwa, are aging and returning from injury. I wouldn't mind going with a Fournette, Cook, Michael Williams if these can can REALLY be TRUE OFFENSIVE GAME BREAKERS where one touch and they can take it to the HOUSE!

ALL that said, Mac did pass over a group of PROMISING young offensive players in WR Jalen Strong, RB Duke, Johnson, C Hronas, Grasu, RB Tevon Coleman, QB Garrett Grayson, WR Chris Conley, G Jon Miller, OT, J Brown JUST from the trade back w/Houston in the 2015 3rd Rnd that netted us OLB sub Lorenzo Mauldin. Mac passed on selecting RB David Johnson and TE Tyler Kroft as well. I'm not castigating the moves, but just stating the opportunity cost in the GM's decision to replenish the OLB cupboard over selecting some tantalyzing offensive talent.

So I see us taking S Jamal Adams with the #8-12 overall pick when someone decides to trade up for Trubisky. 

First Ill state I am brazilian **** puncuation on a jets forum 

second thing is jamal come on man we can draft that uconn s in the second he might be a better s fournette has graded out better than ZEK and deshaun can change r culture bring excitement like wentz in philly in a year fournette will be on carolina killing the league deshaun in Buffalo killing and we will have mike glennon old ass forte and adams making no impact 

put aside the puncuation **** all of it tell me any of you believe one of these defensive backs will make a bigger impact than fournette or deshaun explain to me why we would be that dumb 

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I have to agree that YOUNG OFFENSIVE GAME BREAKERS  are in DIRE need for on this Jets roster.

Like most have stated, the IDEAL preference is to always trade back a few spots and saddle on some extra picks in the process and maximize value and talent. But a draft going after talent that can yield you an OBJ, Brandon Cook, Devontae Freeman, etc. can ONLY HELP these young QBs the Jets seem to be fostering. This team hasn't had a draft prioritizing offensive speed/serious YAC players since 2001 when they selected WR Santana Moss, RB LaMont Jordan, & OT Kareem McKenzie with the first 3 picks - THAT WAS 16 YEARS AGO!!!! The LAST time we went Offense the first 3 picks overall was in 2006 with more "Foundation Run-Game Players" in LT Brick, C, Mangold, & eternal-sub Kellen Clemens (yet another failed 2nd round Jets QB pick). That was Mangin's initial year. Depending on FA, and the fact it's a WEAK OLine draft in '17, I would mind AT ALL going after FLASH offensive players in the first 2 or 3 rounds in a draft that has better defensive talent that can drop and address defensive needs in the later rounds. It would be refreshing to see the Jets really demonstrate a PREMIUM on acquiring the limited TOP offensive talent in this draft. 

So yes, it's been a while since the Jets have gone after Game-changers on offense and it's sorely needed as current offensive skill players, sans Enunwa, are aging and returning from injury. I wouldn't mind going with a Fournette, Cook, Michael Williams if these can can REALLY be TRUE OFFENSIVE GAME BREAKERS where one touch and they can take it to the HOUSE!

ALL that said, Mac did pass over a group of PROMISING young offensive players in WR Jalen Strong, RB Duke, Johnson, C Hronas, Grasu, RB Tevon Coleman, QB Garrett Grayson, WR Chris Conley, G Jon Miller, OT, J Brown JUST from the trade back w/Houston in the 2015 3rd Rnd that netted us OLB sub Lorenzo Mauldin. Mac passed on selecting RB David Johnson and TE Tyler Kroft as well. I'm not castigating the moves, but just stating the opportunity cost in the GM's decision to replenish the OLB cupboard over selecting some tantalyzing offensive talent.

So I see us taking S Jamal Adams with the #8-12 overall pick when someone decides to trade up for Trubisky. 

They went after players they felt would be offensive game-changers in Hackenberg and Devin Smith. Jets fans in particular have taken offense to these picks. 

1. In 2016 the Jets took a QB in round 2. If they went offense in round 1 it likely would have been on the OL (LT at that) but they decided to stay pat at #20.
  2. In 2015 the Jets went offense with 3 of their first 5 picks, including a "game changer" WR at the top of round 2.
  3. In 2014 the Jets went offense with 4 of their first 6 picks, including a "game changer" TE and two "game changer" WRs. The best "game changer" player they took (Enunwa) was after those first 6.
  4. In 2013 the Jets went offense with 5 of their 7 picks.
  5. In 2012 the Jets traded up to draft a "game changer" in early round 2.

The problem isn't when they went after these positions, or what percentage was devoted to offense; it's which prospects they selected. It's like that every year for every team.

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They went after players they felt would be offensive game-changers in Hackenberg and Devin Smith. Jets fans in particular have taken offense to these picks. 

1. In 2016 the Jets took a QB in round 2. If they went offense in round 1 it likely would have been on the OL (LT at that) but they decided to stay pat at #20.
  2. In 2015 the Jets went offense with 3 of their first 5 picks, including a "game changer" WR at the top of round 2.
  3. In 2014 the Jets went offense with 4 of their first 6 picks, including a "game changer" TE and two "game changer" WRs. The best "game changer" player they took (Enunwa) was after those first 6.
  4. In 2013 the Jets went offense with 5 of their 7 picks.
  5. In 2012 the Jets traded up to draft a "game changer" in early round 2.

The problem isn't when they went after these positions, or what percentage was devoted to offense; it's which prospects they selected. It's like that every year for every team.

This is basically what I have been trying to explain to people for years. The Jets have a habit of drafting bad players, and that's bad. The Jets should pursue a strategy of drafting good players. I think it would vastly improve the team.

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This is basically what I have been trying to explain to people for years. The Jets have a habit of drafting bad players, and that's bad. The Jets should pursue a strategy of drafting good players. I think it would vastly improve the team.

Well we have to wait 2-3 more years to see if these bad players pan out first. You can't judge them yet. But then, if that isn't bearing serious fruit by then we can switch to a strategy of drafting good players instead. Just give it more time first, h8r.

10 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

a different post is looking at glennon.  if the jets manage to get a good qb via free agency then they can draft a fournette or other game breaker type.  then they can go corner and Lt and fill out with Lb's and depth.  they have a lot of ways they can go.  just about any position they use the 6 pick on except dline is going to help the team. 

Archived