Leonard Fournette- Brett Kollman Scouting Report Video

win4ever

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a guy at 240lbs he ran a 4.5, which is awesome. Yeah struggled with the vertical which could show he lacks explosion, but that's not what his 40 time said.

His pass catching was iffy, but everyone knew that going into the combine.

He's a bruising back with freakish speed for his size. Fournette a a guy you give 25-30 carries a game, not run routes

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He's going to be a top 5 guy on the majority of teams draft boards I mean lets be serious the guys a freak.  People are quick to point out the ankle injury and he can't do this and that.  From what I've seen it doesn't look like it affected him the guy is a monster.  He's immediately a player you gameplan against and as of right now this offense has no one close to that so the pick alone is going to help whoever is taking the snaps immensely.  Give these young talented speedy receivers some one on one opportunities because of that and I don't see why they don't win a bunch of them.  I think the bottom line is that if he's there at 6 he's most likely going to be the best player available according to our draft board and he's going to be the pick.  I personally am all for it.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:05 PM, goober36 said:

For a guy at 240lbs he ran a 4.5, which is awesome. Yeah struggled with the vertical which could show he lacks explosion, but that's not what his 40 time said.

His pass catching was iffy, but everyone knew that going into the combine.

He's a bruising back with freakish speed for his size. Fournette a a guy you give 25-30 carries a game, not run routes

Yeah Rex Ryan football, AKA out dated football.  Give me Dalvin Cook, and Kamara all day over Brandon Jacobs I mean Fournette.

Yeah Rex Ryan football, AKA out dated football.  Give me Dalvin Cook, and Kamara all day over Brandon Jacobs I mean Fournette.

Outdated? AP, Elliot, David Johnson, Marshawn Lynch were/are successful running back that make their money inside the tackle boxes. AND with all these teams transferring to smaller backers that can cover the pass more I think it makes it even more crucial to have that bruiser. How could you answer it without stacking the box?

8 hours ago, goober36 said:

Outdated? AP, Elliot, David Johnson, Marshawn Lynch were/are successful running back that make their money inside the tackle boxes. AND with all these teams transferring to smaller backers that can cover the pass more I think it makes it even more crucial to have that bruiser. How could you answer it without stacking the box?

Johnson and Elliott are nowhere near the same type of RB as Fournette, both pass block, and are serious threats in the passing game something Fournette won't be.

AP, and Fournette in the same sentence is so disrespectful to AP, AP was returning punts, and kicks as a rookie, and was a threat in the passing game, Fournette is a one trick pony like Jacobs.

Marshawn Lynch is a different animal all together, when Fournette starts dragging 5 NFL defenders down the field instead of getting pummeled by College players who will be NFL players against Alabama we can then revisit this.

Johnson and Elliott are nowhere near the same type of RB as Fournette, both pass block, and are serious threats in the passing game something Fournette won't be.
AP, and Fournette in the same sentence is so disrespectful to AP, AP was returning punts, and kicks as a rookie, and was a threat in the passing game, Fournette is a one trick pony like Jacobs.
Marshawn Lynch is a different animal all together, when Fournette starts dragging 5 NFL defenders down the field instead of getting pummeled by College players who will be NFL players against Alabama we can then revisit this.

Fournette caught footballs out of the backfield, but not many I'll give you that. LSU was a mess and didn't utilize him correctly. ALSO you can't teach speed and athleticism, but you can teach players to catch a 5 yard pass...

You can put AP and fournette in the same sentence if you look at the tape. Both big, strong, fast specimens that get down hill quick.

And on the Alabama games, did you watch the OL try and block those studs? It was pathetic

Archived