atlanta fires dc

jetfan39

My @sn_nfl exclusive: Richard Smith out as @AtlantaFalcons DC, DL coach Bryan Cox fired following #SuperBowl loss: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/falcons-defense-dan-quinn-coaching-vacancies-nfl-bryan-cox-richard-smith/xbvc7mejr0ge1518y0dd2ygzl …

i guess todd is not the only one throwing people under the bus

4 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

My @sn_nfl exclusive: Richard Smith out as @AtlantaFalcons DC, DL coach Bryan Cox fired following #SuperBowl loss: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/falcons-defense-dan-quinn-coaching-vacancies-nfl-bryan-cox-richard-smith/xbvc7mejr0ge1518y0dd2ygzl …

So the Jets coaches fired didn't underperform, they were thrown under the bus?  

Quinn should be ashamed of himself for firing his defensive coaches.  ATL defense was
dominating the game and allowed them to get out to a 28-3 lead.  In fact if ATL won
Jarrett (3 sacks) should've won the MVP.  Their defense got tired because Quinn didn't
demand that Shanahan run the ball more and milk the clock allowing their defense to rest.
Not even the 1985 Bears could hold up when they are on the field for almost 100 plays

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Quinn should be ashamed of himself for firing his defensive coaches.  ATL defense was
dominating the game and allowed them to get out to a 28-3 lead.  In fact if ATL won
Jarrett (3 sacks) should've won the MVP.  Their defense got tired because Quinn didn't
demand that Shanahan run the ball more and milk the clock allowing their defense to rest.
Not even the 1985 Bears could hold up when they are on the field for almost 100 plays

feel a tad better about bowles after that game..

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Seems like these younger HCs always need a scapegoat to cover up their own mistakes.  I wonder if he would have fired Shanahan (on his way to HC 49ers) for his moronic play calling and worse-than-Herm clock management in the second half

12 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The way I see this, is that most new HCs hire assistants that are available and not the assistants they prefer because some are under contract and can't be hire at the time and or fired after the team has already hired an assistant .

Yes this was planned way before the Super Bowl

17 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

feel a tad better about bowles after that game..

Is this a joke? I feel more pissed off then ever that his buddy KC $hitbleet is still our DC. ATL got to a SB and their DC was fired, yet these ass clowns put forth the worst defense in 40 years of Jet football and these pieces of crap got another year and you guys are happy about this?

A B S O L U T E L Y     R I D I C U L O U S

34 minutes ago, KRL said:

The defense even scored a TD for the Falcons.  You're doing well when your defense is scoring points.

I doubt these firing are due to the SB performance.  If they were then this HC is an ass.

This is just a new HC wanting to bring in his guys/system.  Still dumb IMHO.   I mean come on, they were winning the SB there for a while for heavens' sake.    

45 minutes ago, KRL said:

That old "prevent defense " does just the complete opposite.. Quinn and Rex two dummies who never learned..

33 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Are you trolling your own website?

No. Quinn had a terrible game and lost the Super Bowl. Matt Ryan carried him there. We don't have that luxury here so we need a better coach. We got one in Bowles.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

No. Quinn had a terrible game and lost the Super Bowl. Matt Ryan carried him there. We don't have that luxury here so we need a better coach. We got one in Bowles.

Can one of the moderators run an IP check on Maxman to see if it's coming from Phil's normal location? I think someone has hacked his account. 

2 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

This is preposterous based upon the SB performance!!!

The Defense was gassed precisely because the offense was throwing the ball over the place and taking NO time off the clock!!

The offense ran the ball 5 times in the second half despite having a 25 point lead!!!!

Good Grief!!!1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Seems like these younger HCs always need a scapegoat to cover up their own mistakes.  I wonder if he would have fired Shanahan (on his way to HC 49ers) for his moronic play calling and worse-than-Herm clock management in the second half

Herm NEVER had a game in which he was the HC which mirrored that game... Never

And certainly not in the playoffs!!

That was a DISGRACE!!!!

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So the Jets coaches fired didn't underperform, they were thrown under the bus?  

I think what he's trying to say is Todd should've been the first one to be fired. Firing others but not Todd is essentially 'throwing them under the bus'. 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Absolutely correct.  Thanks for writing this and saving me the time!  :)

If anyone should've been fired by Quinn, it should've been himself after that disgraceful 2nd half of coaching!

Archived