Every throw from Mike Glennon

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Great Job!!

I have actually sent some of your previous work to the Jets!!  

then tell me what you see in Glennon that I don't.  He's going to be a career back up most likely.  Probably the best option for him or a low level starter such as Fitzpatrick.  There's nothing I see there to get excited about.  Furthermore, if spending money on this likely future journeyman means we have to wait even longer for a franchise QB, then it would be a bad thing to waste time and money on him.  

There isn't much in any of the clips that Villain has posted to make his case as persuasive as he (and you) think it is.  Convince me.  He looks to be average.

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

then tell me what you see in Glennon that I don't.  He's going to be a career back up most likely.  Probably the best option for him or a low level starter such as Fitzpatrick.  There's nothing I see there to get excited about.  Furthermore, if spending money on this likely future journeyman means we have to wait even longer for a franchise QB, then it would be a bad thing to waste time and money on him.  

There isn't much in any of the clips that Villain has posted to make his case as persuasive as he (and you) think it is.  Convince me.  He looks to be average.

It depends...what have you saw? 

I put up one game which was his first as a rookie which is arguably his worst game as a professional. The guy has gradually gotten better as you will soon see if you havent. 

Sure, he looks to be average, but when's the last time the Jets had that? I've always said that he's not a top 10 QB, but he has the ability to be top 15, which is basically the middle of the pack...or "average". I'll take top 15. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It depends...what have you saw? 

I put up one game which was his first as a rookie which is arguably his worst game as a professional. The guy has gradually gotten better as you will soon see if you havent. 

Sure, he looks to be average, but when's the last time the Jets had that? I've always said that he's not a top 10 QB, but he has the ability to be top 15, which is basically the middle of the pack...or "average". I'll take top 15. 

I don't want them to spend Osweiler money on "average".  No way.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't want them to spend Osweiler money on "average".  No way.  

I wouldnt want them to spend Osweiler money on Osweiler...a guy who isnt EVEN average. 

With that said, I agree. I've said that I would pay Glennon a max of 12 million per. At the end of the day QB's are expensive so you must take that fact into account. That's the market. However, that Osweiler deal was an utter mistake, almost as bad as giving Fitzpatrick 12 million. 

10 hours ago, southtown24th said:

If we take anyone BUT a QB at #6, I am officially, since 1988, at three years old, done with this franchise.  I can't watch another ******* season, not another ******* season with some shotty, 3rd round, 2nd round, retread, 40 year old rapist, Harvard educated journeyman piece of sh*t Quarterback play.

I'm out. See ya.

Haha well the Chargers needs to build a new fanbase and you're in LA. Don't let the door hit ya too hard!

11 hours ago, southtown24th said:

If we take anyone BUT a QB at #6, I am officially, since 1988, at three years old, done with this franchise.  I can't watch another ******* season, not another ******* season with some shotty, 3rd round, 2nd round, retread, 40 year old rapist, Harvard educated journeyman piece of sh*t Quarterback play.

I'm out. See ya.

You might be watching the Raiders or San Diego from here on out. So who do you want at 6

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wouldnt want them to spend Osweiler money on Osweiler...a guy who isnt EVEN average. 

With that said, I agree. I've said that I would pay Glennon a max of 12 million per. At the end of the day QB's are expensive so you must take that fact into account. That's the market. However, that Osweiler deal was an utter mistake, almost as bad as giving Fitzpatrick 12 million. 

I like to tease you about your love for this long necked freak, but my only problem with your constant posting about him is that I don't think you are in the ballpark salary wise.  That is the only reason I see this posting as a waste.  I think he is going to get $15M per.  Funny, but I think Osweiler sucking is the only thing that can possibly keep his price down.  If you are saying that is actually the most you will pay, unless you are going 4 or 5 years guaranteed, I am not sure they would even visit  If you mean ballpark?  Maybe.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I like to tease you about your love for this long necked freak, but my only problem with your constant posting about him is that I don't think you are in the ballpark salary wise.  That is the only reason I see this posting as a waste.  I think he is going to get $15M per.  Funny, but I think Osweiler sucking is the only thing that can possibly keep his price down.  If you are saying that is actually the most you will pay, unless you are going 4 or 5 years guaranteed, I am not sure they would even visit  If you mean ballpark?  Maybe.  

I have no control over the money, only over my opinion of Glennon's talent. 

You could be absolutely right, but putting together GIF's isnt to convince people to spend Osweiler money, but to give people an idea of the player. So in that regard it isnt a waste to me. 

I cant disagree with you, there's a chance that Glennon gets PAID....doesnt change the fact that as a QB that we could possibly get I believe that he is a solid quarterback and not the Mark Brunell, Mike Vick, Ryan Fitzpatrick type QB's that we've decided that we should go into free agency and pick up. 

Many people feel that we should get a cheap QB and see what we have in our young guys. The problem is, we've done this already...and what's happened is that we end up putting these cheap QB's on the field because the young QB's that shouldnt have been on the field either failed or got injured. 

I think Glennon is starter quality in comparison to the bottom half of starters in this league who I dont even consider starter quality (Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Jay Cutler, Blake Bortles, Bryan Hoyer, RG3, Cody Kessler, Siemian, Case Keenum, Brock Osweiler, Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick, Sam Bradford, "todays version of Eli Manning"...etc.

I think Glennon has the ability to be better than all of these guys who've held starting roles this season, which means that this would put him in the area of the Andy Dalton's, Joe Flacco's of the world. A guy who can be a good piece to the puzzle...not necessarily the "franchise". 

It's either that or signing Josh McCown and waiting for Hackenberg to look like a failure so we can then waste another season on giving the keys to a QB that we know f'ing well wont do a damn thing but waste a season. I'd rather run the risk of overpaying for a guy then to continue doing that sh*t Dom...seriously! 

• Upvote 1

People want to harp on having to "fix" Hack, but Glennon will need fixing also, based on what I see in these 2 reels you have put together, Glennon will need some mechanical fixes also. The aforementioned back foot throws being one, which tends to have him be all arm. When he does take the opportunity to drive forward, the ball has better zip, and seemingly better accuracy. 

Unlike Hack, he does a very good job of moving his feet, which in my simple opinion should make an easier transition to actually drive the ball to his target. The process of getting there is set, he just needs to complete with the drive. 

Tampa seems to have simplified an offense for him (not sure what year these are), but it looks like a lot of first read type of throws. Not an overly complex system.

Very small read from my perspective from an uninformed opinion.

7 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

People want to harp on having to "fix" Hack, but Glennon will need fixing also, based on what I see in these 2 reels you have put together, Glennon will need some mechanical fixes also. The aforementioned back foot throws being one, which tends to have him be all arm. When he does take the opportunity to drive forward, the ball has better zip, and seemingly better accuracy. 

Unlike Hack, he does a very good job of moving his feet, which in my simple opinion should make an easier transition to actually drive the ball to his target. The process of getting there is set, he just needs to complete with the drive. 

Tampa seems to have simplified an offense for him (not sure what year these are), but it looks like a lot of first read type of throws. Not an overly complex system.

Very small read from my perspective from an uninformed opinion.

You're right. But the man has played in 21 games and im only on game #2. Not saying that he's perfect, but there's a possibility that there will be some progression that you will see within some of his game. 

Glennon begins to settle in around his 5th game. His 2nd season is also better than his 1st. Trust me, from these first 2 games there is really nothing there that would support my 2+ seasons of screaming at the top of this hills to acquire Glennon. It's as you go along and you see what he's able to do once the game begins to slow down a bit. 

Again, im not saying "he phenomenal", im just saying "starter quality"...something that we dont have today.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, thshadow said:

I don't get why people are annoyed by someone who tries to post useful information for debate.  We can have 20 pages of posts of people debating which parts of the organization suck the most.  But people don't like someone posting film of, you know, a QB, who we might target in FA.  Is it such a bother to just ignore a thread if you're not interested in it?

I get the impression that some people are on this forum just for the whining.  And maybe the occasional dick joke.

No one should be annoyed.  Nothing wrong with putting forth an argument for the guy you like.  Football talk is why we're here, after all.

With that said, Villian has a tendency to drown people with walls of thick, often meaningless, text and endless vid caps in what amounts to a rather obvious case of argumentum verbosium .  He "wins" his argument because no one on earth wants to bother to try and counter every claim he makes, nor to try and debate every single screen cap he posts, especially when he can simply and consistently move-the-goalposts to ignore such criticism and shift to one of his other 10,000 other claims or 25,000 other vid caps and claim that "proves" his opponent wrong.  That, and when he's shown to be wrong or faced with his own previous contradictory statements, he loves to simply shut down and refuse to further engage, like a six year old having a tantrum.  

There's a goodly number of other logical fallacies he engages in as well, but frankly it's neigh on impossible to call them all out for how many of them there are and how frequent.

That, and his obsession with Glennon is indeed bordering now on creepy.  /shrug

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Great job foe. 

F these haters

I see.  A weak, unpersuasive argument with dubious film evidence has me, and probably many others, unpersuaded and uninspired.  But in your narrow mind, that makes any doubter a "hater". So what about the mediocre film performance Villain has posted has convinced you that this guy is a "franchise QB"?  There is nothing there that implies it at all.  Basically, you are relying on a hope and a prayer with him and you want the Jets to invest in that.  Very risky business. 

But at least have a little respect for opinions that differ from yours.  Calling them "haters" is just your immature way of expressing anger that people don't agree with you.  I don't hate Glennon at all.  I also don't want the Jets investing in him ala Osweiler.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dcat said:

I don't hate Gklennon at all/.  I also don't want the Jets investing in him ala Osweiler.  

/endthread to be quite honest.

I'd say very VERY few of us "hate" Glennon.  I'd say most of the forum thinks Glennon is a young QB with some potential and a decent record of stats mostly in a backup/trashtime/short-term starter situation.  Most of us would be fine if he is acquired, as long as the terms are Jets friendly.  Most of us would be opposed if we sign Glennon to some huge contract for 6 years+ or the like.  Most of us agree Glennon is one of the better FA QB's available, in a year with few quality FA QB's available.  And lastly, many of us are not convinced a high-cost chance on Glennon is wise when we have two unproven kids of our own, and a high draft pick where another young QB could be taken. 

There really isn't that much debate on this outside the threads Villian himself creates and drives with his over the top praise tbqh.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, Jason rates Glennon at 3 for $5M-9M.  Right in Glennon's wheelhouse.  I know the idea is unpopular here, but I would consider Hoyer at $2M per.  Hoyer is 16-15 as a starter (with the Browns, Texans and Bears - all sh*t teams) 44:26 TD:INT ratio and 9 300 yard games in those 31 starts.  He has proven to be a bit fragile which is the main problem, but he will have to take a backup level deal.  That is the kind of stopgap I would be looking for rather than $12M for Fitzpatrick.  Glennon is sort of a tweener between bridge player and QB of the future.  A lot will depend on what they actually think of Petty and Hackenberg.  IMO Petty showed flashes of being able to do what we need, but absolutely nothing I could count on.  You would hope that guys watching him week in and week out would have a better feel. 

Here is Jason's piece from overthecap.com.  It's a great site and I trust his analysis way more than my own (or Villain's). It is also fairly recent, January 22nd, so not a ton of stuff has happened to change values around. 

2017 Free Agency Preview: Quarterbacks

12 hours ago, southtown24th said:

I'm out. See ya.

buh - bye

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, Jason rates Glennon at 3 for $5M-9M.  Right in Glennon's wheelhouse.  I know the idea is unpopular here, but I would consider Hoyer at $2M per.  Hoyer is 16-15 as a starter (with the Browns, Texans and Bears - all sh*t teams) 44:26 TD:INT ratio and 9 300 yard games in those 31 starts.  He has proven to be a bit fragile which is the main problem, but he will have to take a backup level deal.  That is the kind of stopgap I would be looking for

I guess I just don't understand how this improves out franchise.

What does a .500 veteran journeyman QB do to help us get closer to a Super Bowl?

What does this guy bring that makes the QB position stable and filled?  Why don't need stop-gaps, we need a long term starter.

I suppose I will never understand the thinking process that ends with "bring in some sh*tty backup journeyman" to start as opposed to simply playing your own draft picks as you develop them.  

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You're right. But the man has played in 21 games and im only on game #2. Not saying that he's perfect, but there's a possibility that there will be some progression that you will see within some of his game. 

Glennon begins to settle in around his 5th game. His 2nd season is also better than his 1st. Trust me, from these first 2 games there is really nothing there that would support my 2+ seasons of screaming at the top of this hills to acquire Glennon. It's as you go along and you see what he's able to do once the game begins to slow down a bit. 

Again, im not saying "he phenomenal", im just saying "starter quality"...something that we dont have today.

I didn't realize that these are in progression of his career, from the beginning. 

Appreciate what you are doing here, and I admire a man of conviction. 

I would be game for him, if the commitment does not require more than a 2 year investment. Not sure that will fit him though.