Sign in to follow this  
UnitedWhofans

Are the Jets going to be worse than last year?

A lot of people are predicting gloom and doom for 2017. Which to some extent I can't really understand.

Yes the Jets don't have a QB. But they didn't this year and won 5 games.

It seems that a lot of people are underselling the Jets young talent which is interesting because we saw them play for 16 games.

So the question is are the Jets going to be worse this year than last year? And if so, why?

BTW, I'm not saying the Jets are going to the playoffs next year

Edited by UnitedWhofans

I certainly hope so because we are not winning it all without a QB. Young talent? I can accept that but not one of them could play QB at the NFL level. So until we find our QB winning 4-8 games year does nothing but guarantee we will all be dead before we find one. Even the younger dudes. 1969-2017 happened in a flash. Be 2065 before you guys know it. You will still be posting these exact threads. I will be long gone. Thank heavens. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

I agree that fans are underselling the Jets young talent we saw them play 16 games.

I just have a problem with people predicting that this was the worst Jets team since Kotite, and they won 5 games, which was more than the two Kotite years combined

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I just have a problem with people predicting that this was the worst Jets team since Kotite, and they won 5 games, which was more than the two Kotite years combined

I don't follow.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don't follow.

People have said this season was a nuclear disaster. A doomed season.

A 5-11 record doesn't say nuclear disaster. A 1-15 record is a nuclear disaster.

And I can't seem to figure why next year's team would be worse

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I was not around for the Kotite years, I'd be surprised if he actually coached any worse than Bowles did last year.

This team is coming off a 10 win season and was loaded with expensive high priced vets.  The team was terrible in every single phase of football, all of them.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Tell me who the Qb is going to be 1st.

I'll say one thing, if Bowles coaches like he did last year we are doomed for sure.

That's another problem. People are judging the Jets QB situation without realizing that there is such a thing as FREE AGENCY

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

A lot of people are predicting gloom and doom for 2017. Which to some extent I can't really understand.

Yes the Jets don't have a QB. But they didn't this year and won 5 games.

It seems that a lot of people are underselling the Jets young talent which is interesting because we saw them play for 16 games.

So the question is are the Jets going to be worse this year than last year? And if so, why?

BTW, I'm not saying the Jets are going to the playoffs next year

No, I do not believe so.

The wild card is Bowles himself, because he is frankly a horrible Head Coach IMO.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

People have said this season was a nuclear disaster. A doomed season.

A 5-11 record doesn't say nuclear disaster. A 1-15 record is a nuclear disaster.

And I can't seem to figure why next year's team would be worse

Have you been through a nuclear disaster? There are levels of nuclear disaster. A lot of people don't know this.

Just now, Larz said:

the kotite teams were overmatched talent wise, bowles team flat out quit

the quitting is a much bigger sin to me.  they need to win me back with a smart off season and NFL effort

Thank you plus 1000000

Just now, Larz said:

the quitting is a much bigger sin to me.  they need to win me back with a smart off season and NFL effort

Agreed. Once a team quits on the coach, the coach is dead. Next year will resemble the Kotite years in that it'll be equally hopeless.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I was not around for the Kotite years, I'd be surprised if he actually coached any worse than Bowles did last year.

This team is coming off a 10 win season and was loaded with expensive high priced vets.  The team was terrible in every single phase of football, all of them.

They won 5 games. I had them winning 7 games. 

Just now, Larz said:

That's fine. But dont say that this is equivalent to the Kotite teams

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That's another problem. People are judging the Jets QB situation without realizing that there is such a thing as FREE AGENCY

please get over it.  if you want  sunny day fans become a broncos fan

Just now, ASH1962 said:

That post is so idiotic it is not even worthy of a response.

Yay we went 5-11 LOL, unreal.

When do I cheer being 5-11?

There is a difference between being just meh bad and being a nuclear disaster.

Media and fanbase are treating this team like a nuclear disaster, when their record shows that they are just meh bad.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed. Once a team quits on the coach, the coach is dead. Next year will resemble the Kotite years in that it'll be equally hopeless.

And the one thing we can count on is that the 19-year-old internet troll will still lecture us on how things were in 1996.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well if you look at the DREGS available in FREE AGENCY you can see why people are not thrilled.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Have you been through a nuclear disaster? There are levels of nuclear disaster. A lot of people don't know this.

Fallout 1,2, 3 new vegas but have hardly played fallout 4.  Take that dude.  War, war never changes.

14 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Thank you plus 1000000

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would say I think we are looking at kotite or even holtz territory next year, it may upset some people

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well if you look at the DREGS available in FREE AGENCY you can see why people are not thrilled.

and the QB/LT draft class

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why do people keep saying this?

The '96 Kotite team had MORE talent than this one.  Look at the '96 roster.

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tell me who the Qb is going to be 1st.

I'll say one thing, if Bowles coaches like he did last year we are doomed for sure.

Perhaps we could take it to a new level, and the players quit, during Pre-Season this year

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

Why do people keep saying this?

The '96 Kotite team had MORE talent than this one.  Look at the '96 roster.

nah.  some big name players, but they were either rookies or veterans looking for the last pay day.  kotite was 36-28 with the eagles, he wasn't some high school coach.  granted, kotite did a lot of dumb things, but that jets team was stank

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The problem with that is that the QB position was crap THIS YEAR. and they won 5 games.

So basically the QB situation is going to be the same as last year

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

nah.  some big name players, but they were either rookies or veterans looking for the last pay day.  kotite was 36-28 with the eagles, he wasn't some high school coach.  granted, kotite did a lot of dumb things, but that jets team was stank

But what will the difference be between last year's team and this year's team?

No one seems to want to answer that.

Before Todd Bowles formed the Vultron of assistant coaches, I would have said yes.  Now?  I think some serious coaching is going to happen and the Jets are a game or two better from it.