Report: Jets Want Tyrod, Not Culter

Warfish

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, section314 said:

I know he only played in 8 games last year, that's why I put in Watkins two years with Taylor, to show his impact on Taylor's success. Of Taylor's 37 td's over 2 years, 11 went to Watkins. That's 30%. If you think Watkins is garbage, then I can see why you love the Jets receivers so much. Tell me, which Jet receiver would Buffalo take in a trade, straight up, for Watkins? Don Maynard, Wesley Walker and Al Toon don't count.

What about Keyshawn , Wayne or Lavernious ? ?Lol

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Maybe.  But Richardson has no future in NY and Romo has no future in Dallas.  No team is giving up a good pick for Richardson.  He'd fit in Dallas.  

So do you trade Richardson for something like a 5th round pick or do you try to get a guy who could possibly give you two or three years of good QB play?

I wouldn't trade a bag of rotten eggs for Romo.  He's done

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Hard to choose between the player the Bills are going to throw away or the players the Bears and Cowboys are going to throw away. 

If every thing were to break as well as things could go, spare our prayers being answered and Tom Brady getting a Theissmann-like extra joint, the Jets will need a Queen Mary-sized boatload of luck to win even 8 games. This isi called throwing good money after bad. 

Or a GM and owner that could quite sensibly collude to suck donkey balls in 2017,find some potential long-term players in the draft and free agency,  get or promote  a real coach when they bag Bowles,  and pick Darnold next April. Looks like Richie Rich instead has DEMANDED a playoff berth or ELSE! So once again the Jets will suck just enough to as Tootie told Henry,

"YOU'RE GONNA FVKC THINGS UP!"   

And the Jets will. Again. As always. 

I don't think Romo can survive behind our OL as it's currently constructed... Someone like Taylor who could actually move and run when a play breaks down actually sort of makes sense... I'm not huge on him, but the Jets can't protect a completely pocket-passer at the moment.

A lot can change though. 

23 minutes ago, thadude said:

You mean the same Geno who had those weapons last year and sucked

Taylor is a good player.  You don't think so.  Great lets have another embarrassing miserable year but this time with Bryce Putrid and Christina Wackinburger

No hes not that good, he can throw the odd deep ball he can run but his accuracy is pure garbage between dump off range and deep passes.  He is yet another guy that relies so much on his legs that when teams shut that down or blast him a few times he'll fall apart.

Is he better than the dregs we have on the roster now?  Yes.  Is he worth the term, total contact and guaranteed money he will want?  Not at all.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No hes not that good, he can throw the odd deep ball he can run but his accuracy is pure garbage between dump off range and deep passes.  He is yet another guy that relies so much on his legs that when teams shut that down or blast him a few times he'll fall apart.

Is he better than the dregs we have on the roster now?  Yes.  Is he worth the term, total contact and guaranteed money he will want?  Not at all.

Sorry skippy but Quarterback is by far the most important position in football and we haven't even had a decent QB for 18 friggin years

So while we waste $200 million on Revis and Wilk and cheap out on the qb position enjoy the 4-12 seasons

Oh and your way off in your evaluation of Taylor

6 minutes ago, thadude said:

Sorry skippy but Quarterback is by far the most important position in football and we haven't even had a decent QB for 18 friggin years

So while we waste $200 million on Revis and Wilk and cheap out on the qb position enjoy the 4-12 seasons

Oh and your way off in your evaluation of Taylor

In games in which Taylor had to throw 30 passes or more?  1-5

He avgs about 200 yards per game.  His legs and Shady mccoy saved him from embarrassment.  He will be just like Sanchez, the moment you put more on his shoulders to actually carry a team he will fall flat on his ass.

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Well they can tag him, try, and work out a long term deal quickly, and if they don't like the way the negotiations are going, and don't want to pay the crazy tag number they can rescind the tag like the Dolphins did with Vernon last year unless he signs the tag offer 2 minutes after they place it on him.

Last year Cousins signed the Franchise Offer immediately.  

For $24M he would do the same thing again.   Once Cousins receives the tag Washington is locked into $24M guaranteed for 1 year.   He would be crazy not to sign it.   

Mac isn't going to pay what Tyrod's contract is, or more which is what Tyrod actually sees himself getting.

Glennon has been the guy Mac was going to trade for but held off, figuring he'd be able to sign him in FA.  Ever since the chiefs game, I'm sure Mac knew he'd have to overpay for Glennon in free agency. 

6 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

Vic Carrucci of the Buffalo news, is reporting today that Tyrod Taylor is not willing to  restructure his contract to take less money to stay in Buffalo. He and his agent both believe they can get AT LEAST what would be the six years and $92 million that Buffalo would currently have to pay him.

Pass

20 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

You are right Denver has a championship defense..which is why they would want Romo over Tyrod. If they shore up the Oline then they are better off with Romo than Tyrod. Tyrod doesnt have the long documented history of success that Romo does. I am not a Romo fan but if my line is right I'd bet my chances are better with him that Tyrod. Romo has been injured the better part of the last what 2-3 years but if that kid is as good as some seem to think after sitting last year and lets say 4-6 games that Romo survives this year he should be fine. Tyrod is still a big risk as an injury free player.

Houston is a win now team but they are unfortunately stuck with that contract and are not going to have the cap space to give more money to Tyrod. Cutting Osweiller makes sense from every sense except the financial one. They wont pay him that amount of money to be the back up and cant tie up too much money in one position by giving a lump to Tyrod also. You're theory is correct but the numbers dont work. It doesnt make sense to lose that much cap space this year by cutting him AND giving Tyrod a chunk also. The players and fans want it but it doesnt make much financial sense.

49ers- Unless Tyrod is traded he will have a choice...why in the hell would he go to the dumster fire that the 49ers are if there are better options and the money is close? He might be a good fit but unless he is traded I dont see it happening of his own free will when there are better options on the table. If you were Tyrod playing in a toxic environment in buffalo and have a choice why would you go where the team had an even worse year and might not have the pieces in place for a good team for YEARS?

Without a doubt if the Denver Broncos had an offense line , Tony Romo might be worth the risk for them.   The Broncos don't have an offense line , and the chances are very low they can fix that offense line in one year( first it's expensive to do, and not a strong Fa or draft class) .         Tony Romo wouldn't last one quarter of the season behind that Bronco offense line.    The Broncos don't need a superstar at Qb, just a Qb that won't lose them the game.( Tyrod Taylor fits the criteria they are looking for).

Houston- I will submit that you are 100% correct that Tyrod Taylor isn't an option.   (Only thing( off topic) is that Houston will be very agressive in trying to get a cheap option ( whether through draft or trade - Qb still on his first contract) to acquire a starting Qb.  They might be financial tied to Osweiller , but you can't be contempt to start a player you know isn't the answer.        You were right on that one.

49ers .   In life money always talks.    If the 49ers pay Tyrod Taylor well, than Do you really think Tyrod cares about his chances of winning.   Or providing his family with security.

The Jets need to stay away from every other teams high priced releases. Only sign a QB if he comes at a reasonable price. The Browns have people in charge now that are managing by metrics & there is no way in hell they sign someone else's dumps for large money. That's the old Browns way, similar to how the Jets operated in the past.

Why would the 49ers go after virtually the same guy they had in Kap? I don't think Taylor or Glennon are getting blockbuster deals, watching Osweiller last year should convince them it's not the way to go.

Houstons going to have a nasty defense if Watt comes back at 100%. I could see them bringing in some competition.

17 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

No, in the NFL, most guys aren't wide open.  You have to anticipate and/or throw them open.  Tyrod doesn't.  He holds, holds, holds the ball until he sees a guy completely wide open. 

His receivers are horrible and can barely catch when open I'm sure the immortal Marquise Goodwin is a jump ball machine 

16 hours ago, j4jets said:

Lol, you're talking like we have an excess of talent at QB. 

I don't want Romo.  For all the Glennon-hating and Tyrod-hating salary capologists put there Romo is set to make $20 million next season -- for a guy who might not survive one preseason game

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

In games in which Taylor had to throw 30 passes or more?  1-5

He avgs about 200 yards per game.  His legs and Shady mccoy saved him from embarrassment.  He will be just like Sanchez, the moment you put more on his shoulders to actually carry a team he will fall flat on his ass.

And Tyrod would be a better player here in NY because he would have arguably the best group of wr's in the NFL versus crap in Buffalo

And if you think win/loss record is so important when evaluating Qb's your hero Bryce Putrid, on top of bad passing stats, would still be winless if it wasn't for Bilal Powell going nuts against the vaunted 49ers D

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Jets need to stay away from every other teams high priced releases. Only sign a QB if he comes at a reasonable price. The Browns have people in charge now that are managing by metrics & there is no way in hell they sign someone else's dumps for large money. That's the old Browns way, similar to how the Jets operated in the past.

Why would the 49ers go after virtually the same guy they had in Kap? I don't think Taylor or Glennon are getting blockbuster deals, watching Osweiller last year should convince them it's not the way to go.

Houstons going to have a nasty defense if Watt comes back at 100%. I could see them bringing in some competition.

When you draft poorly at the QB position you kind of leave yourself with no other choice. Until this team finds a QB nothing else matters. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

When you draft poorly at the QB position you kind of leave yourself with no other choice. Until this team finds a QB nothing else matters. 

In the past two years Mac has drafted arguably the two worst quarterbacks in the NFL 

Yeah maybe we need a different approach

48 minutes ago, thadude said:

In the past two years Mac has drafted arguably the two worst quarterbacks in the NFL 

Yeah maybe we need a different approach

Hackenberg isn't even 22 years old yet & hasn't played a snap but your convinced he can't play? I have no idea, but I'd like to think he may have some upside. I'd love to see what you were saying when myself & others here were saying we should trade for Kirk Cousins when RG3 was lighting it up. Many here were laughing at us. I wish we had Cousins now.

On February 10, 2017 at 1:08 AM, Raideraholic said:

The only problem I see is there will be a lot of suitors for Tyrod Taylor.     When you get a situation like that it could get very expensive to sign him, and the player will have his options.( what he perceives the best situation/ team for him to go to.)

Tyrod is inconsistent, scrambles when he doesn't have to, and all of the teams in the AFC East already know how to play him. No thanks. Bring on Mike Glennon, and go BPA in the draft. 

Also, why is Revis and Harris still with the team? We need cap space to swing a deal for a FA QB and other positions. Macc's gotta stop sitting on his ass and do something

18 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Mac isn't going to pay what Tyrod's contract is, or more which is what Tyrod actually sees himself getting.

Glennon has been the guy Mac was going to trade for but held off, figuring he'd be able to sign him in FA.  Ever since the chiefs game, I'm sure Mac knew he'd have to overpay for Glennon in free agency. 

Think your right, which I hope is the case. I still think other teams will be in play. I know Palmer said he was coming back to AZ but I wouldn't be suprised to see AZ go after Glennon, who fits Bruce Arians system. Palmer is done.

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Think your right, which I hope is the case. I still think other teams will be in play. I know Palmer said he was coming back to AZ but I wouldn't be suprised to see AZ go after Glennon, who fits Bruce Arians system. Palmer is done.

I read or heard somewhere that Palmer pulled his kids from the Arizona schools. 

The question that needs to be asked when considering Taylor, is would the Jets be willing to trade the possibility of swapping Taylor for Deshaun Watson .  Say the Jets sign Taylor and draft a Fournette by-passing Watson who is then drafted by the Bills . 

Who makes out better long term in this deal ?

21 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

You make a good point. Does Arizona really want Palmer back knowing he's most likely done, or not much left?

Guess who would go after him on a re-worked deal if we can't get Glennon? Us....and i want nothing to do with that.

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The question that needs to be asked when considering Taylor, is would the Jets be willing to trade the possibility of swapping Taylor for Deshaun Watson .  Say the Jets sign Taylor and draft a Fournette by-passing Watson who is then drafted by the Bills . 

Who makes out better long term in this deal ?

Signing Taylor and drafting Fournette instantly improves this team. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:47 AM, T0mShane said:

Hard to choose between the player the Bills are going to throw away or the players the Bears and Cowboys are going to throw away. 

We can choose in one hand and crap in the other and see which gets filled first. Bottom  line? Nobody of value, and I mean nobody is coming to this hideous, bereft of any talent whatsoever organization. It's sort of a mirror to what is going on with the Knicks right now, no FA's would dare come into such a toxic situation. The same applies here, our lame duck shrimp boat captain and his minions will most likely be gone in January, what "franchise" type QB would want to be a "jet for life as someone put it previously? They have a new substitute owner who we have no clue what his mindset is or will be regarding the team, we cannot draft to save our collective lives, have zero coaching skills that we can speak of at this moment, and a very bleak outlook for the future. Just look at our OL. Anyone who thinks Tony Romo would survive 1 pre season game behind that line is deluding his or her self.

If I were a franchise QB, there is no way in hell I would risk life and limb to sign here, money be damned.

Archived