Revis involved in Altercation; Criminal Charges Filed - MERGED

Matt39

I'm sure this has been covered, but I'll say it again. 

Revis was a great player, who also leveraged the sh*t out of the system to get every last cent he could when he had the upper hand. Can't blame him, a football career doesn't last long and no one knows when that career ending injury comes, and it could come in any year. And now, with this escapade, Revis has no leverage, at all, with the Jets and now they can get rid of him and save money in the process. Not for revenge, but because he's no longer good and they need to save the money. Just business. Like the holdouts. But karma, and fitting way for Revis to go out this way. Lived by the leverage gun and now his career with the Jets dies by it. I don't know. I sort of like it. 

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, nyjunc said:

sanchez was actually the best QB on the field in SD, his #s were lower b/c when we got the lead we just ran the ball and he didn't throw in the 4th qtr. Mark was vital to both runs BUT we were led by our Ds which were led by the greatness of Darrelle Revis.

Ran the ball? The Jets were losing in the 4th.  He finished the game at 100 yards passing.  He sucked and was carried across the finish line that game. 

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Dont harass somebody on the street with your cell phone, jerkoff.

Lesson learned.

+ 1 Revis

Exactly Revis basically defends himself and a good portion of our fanbase turns against him. 

What would any man do in this situation. 

They can all eat crow today you know who you are. 

Revis wont be charged with anything for self defense. 

8 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I am sorry, you are correct but the thread has moved into a different discussion which I was taking part in.  

we are allowed to disagree.

he's the greatest player we have ever had and our fanbase should show some appreciation.  

you are not forced to read anything, it would be your loss and not mine if you stopped interacting with me.  instead of attacking me maybe you should just try to counter my arguments? 

No it hasn't. Its just your way of hijacking the thread to take the onus off the fact that Revis may be guilty of a serious crime. Your insistence that he was the greatest player the Jets ever had is your opinion. You are stating opinion as fact. The fact that its your opinion and you can't or refuse to see that one's opinions are just that makes it hard to counter anything you say because of it. We all have opinions. We all have assholes. Guess which one you sound like when you insist yours is factual?

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly Revis basically defends himself and a good portion of our fanbase turns against him. 

What would any man do in this situation. 

They can all eat crow today you know who you are. 

Revis wont be charged with anything for self defense. 

Sorry pal but "a good portion" of the Fan base turned against him when he went to the Patriots and then came back and tanked it. Another thing it is not against the law to record someone in a public place even if you don't like it. When out in public you have no expectation of privacy in a public place. No matter who you are.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Mark Brunell plays instead of Mark Sanchez, we lose those playoff games.

If Drew Coleman plays instead of Darrelle Revis, we still win those playoff games.

That's the difference.  Lesser CB play doesn't kill us.  Losing a quarterback does.

Our best season in recent memory, 2010, Darrelle Revis had 0 interceptions.  What a gamer.

SAR I

You've officially lost your mind.  Here are Sanchez's lines in three of four of the playoff wins:

182 yards, 1 TD/0 INT 

100 yards, 1 TD/1 INT

189 yards 0 TD/1 INT

Any mediocre QB can put those numbers up.  And any mediocre QB can put up some of the sh*t point totals that he put up in some of those games.  If you put Drew Coleman on Chad Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, the opposing teams scores a lot more points.

Mark Sanchez is lucky Darrelle Revis was on his team.  If it weren't for Revis, Mark Sanchez would have been going home after some of those games (San Diego and Indianapolis).  Revis continued to make All Pro teams after those seasons, while Mark Sanchez is a bum who is relegated to third string status somewhere.

The fact that you're arguing that a QB bust whose most memorable moment was running into his own lineman's ass was more important than a HoF CB is just insane.

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ran the ball? The Jets were losing in the 4th.  He finished the game at 100 yards.  He sucked and was carried across the finish line that game. 

Exactly.  Imagine if they let the dude throw 35 times in that game.  He would have had four interceptions and the Jets would have lost.  

57 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Sorry pal but "a good portion" of the Fan base turned against him when he went to the Patriots and then came back and tanked it. Another thing it is not against the law to record someone in a public place even if you don't like it. When out in public you have no expectation of privacy in a public place. No matter who you are.

Im not your pal son and blah blah blah the NFL is business Revis did well for himself. 

Innocent until proven guilty. 

Goodbye Revis. What a shame that this is the way he is going to go out. Legendary Jet and I will always remember him for Revis Island, but he's an embarrassment to himself and the Jets organization at this point.

Time to go. We'll keep your money on the way out.

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

I'm not playing the role of mod.  I am expressing my opinion.  There may not be "a need", but I sure as hell wanted to say it.  No regrets about saying it either.  It is well deserved, IMO.   

Well it isn't allowed. Either is calling people a stupid troll.

16 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

Robbery? Really? Hard to believe that. ( insert Revs stealing from the Jets BS here). People are gonna hate but you should be ashamed of yourselves hoping he gets jail time. 

Why?  He broke the law.  I hope EVERY big name celebrity who runs around being a dickhead and breaking the law gets time.

Sheldon should have got time, but he didn't.  You would have.  I would have.  But not him.  Because famous + rich = gets off.

So yeah, if the allegations are proven that Revis beat the sh*t out of some dudes, I hope he gets the maximum penalty possible.  His fame and tens of millions in salary should not make him above the law.

It's not "hate" to feel this way.  It's a belief in justice and equality under the law.

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Well it isn't allowed. Either is calling people a stupid troll.

I called him a troll.  And yes, I just looked and used the word stupid.  So for that (using "stupid") I apologize.  But not for "troll", which is accurate.

Fine by me, Maxman.  I'll leave him alone.  But he is trolling and has been doing so for a long time.  This time it just got under my skin

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Why?  He broke the law.  I hope EVERY big name celebrity who runs around being a dickhead and breaking the law gets time.

Sheldon should have got time, but he didn't.  You would have.  I would have.  But not him.  Because famous + rich = gets off.

So yeah, if the allegations are proven that Revis beat the sh*t out of some dudes, I hope he gets the maximum penalty possible.  His fame and tens of millions in salary should not make him above the law.

It's not "hate" to feel this way.  It's a belief in justice and equality under the law.

Donte Stallworth killed a man drunk driving I dont remember him serving any jail time. 

Revis défends himself against thugs and hes a criminal. 

I would have done the same damn thing Revis did if I were in his situation. 

This world is raising too many pussies no wonder this Country is in the shape its in. 

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not your pal son and blah blah blah the NFL is business Revis did well for himself. 

No you are definitely not MY pal and I am definitely not your son. What does the NFL being a business or Revis doing well for himself got to do with anything? I don't doubt his innocence or guilt in this matter. What I doubt is the bullsh*t story they came up with and you swallowed like a 2 dollar crack whore. You think because Revis was a great player for the Jets it somehow makes him a good person who is quickly given the benefit of the doubt because of it. Revis maybe a great guy. He maybe a jerk-off. I don't know the man to say for sure. Neither do you. You rail on and on but look past what is being said. The story they came up with isn't worth a fart in a tornado. Furthermore if he is all innocent why not just tell the truth instead of making up a bullsh*t story that makes him look like he is trying to hide something? Maybe he has something to hide then? If you thought logically and were able to be objective you would be able to make these connections instead of swallowing the bullsh*t they are spoon feeding you. Now be a nice boy and let the grown-ups talk okay? If you do I'll give you something shiny to play with to occupy yourself.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Donte Stallworth killed a man drunk driving I dont remember him serving any jail time. 

This world is raising too many pussies no wonder this Country is in the shape its in. 

Yes, not enough street fights over hurt feelings in America, that's the problem.

You're a savant.

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

You've dug yourself quite a hole in this argument. Proving what we all know already.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

lmao another "working class hero" hating on a guy just because he's successful

36 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No you are definitely not MY pal and I am definitely not your son. What does the NFL being a business or Revis doing well for himself got to do with anything? I don't doubt his innocence or guilt in this matter. What I doubt is the bullsh*t story they came up with and you swallowed like a 2 dollar crack whore. You think because Revis was a great player for the Jets it somehow makes him a good person who is quickly given the benefit of the doubt because of it. Revis maybe a great guy. He maybe a jerk-off. I don't know the man to say for sure. Neither do you. You rail on and on but look past what is being said. The story they came up with isn't worth a fart in a tornado. Furthermore if he is all innocent why not just tell the truth instead of making up a bullsh*t story that makes him look like he is trying to hide something? Maybe he has something to hide then? If you thought logically and were able to be objective you would be able to make these connections instead of swallowing the bullsh*t they are spoon feeding you. Now be a nice boy and let the grown-ups talk okay? If you do I'll give you something shiny to play with to occupy yourself.

Innocent until proven guilty. 

Were you there? Did you witness what happened? 

If you were in the same situation what would you do?  

The NFL is a business and all players try and earn as much as they could as an injury can put them on the shelf for life and it would be game over career over. 

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, not enough street fights over hurt feelings in America, that's the problem.

You're a savant.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You've dug yourself quite a hole in this argument. Proving what we all know already.

I have you on IGNORE but felt the need to respond to your latest bullsh*t nonsense typical coming from you. 

What would you have done in Revis situation? 

Lets say tonight you step out of your basement and decide to go to the local White Castle for a meal and 2 thugs confront you and starts taking cell phone video (even though you arent an NFL superstar like Revis) would you stand up for yourself or would you hold onto your pajama pants and run like hell, I'm guessing you would run like hell. 

My loyalty is towards Jets players especially those like Revis who are great players. 

You know nothing and you are the last person that should be judging anyone on this board. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So you want to make America great again?

SAR I

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Stopping QBs from completing passes, keeping the number 1 WR from doing what #1 WRs do, holding his man to zero points, funneling all plays to one side of the field. creating a huge advantage for a defense.  

Funny that defensive coaches to man would sign up for a Revis every time

My flight just got cleared for takeoff, 2 hour delay for a friggin' rocket launch.

What exactly you got going on in Florida?

SAR I

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis is innocent until proven guilty. 

SAR I lets say you go out tonight with with your family and 2 thugs start harassing you are you going to run and hide or will you defend you and your family?  

A smart person wouldn't be out in the hood at 2:30 am.  Nothing good ever comes from being out after midnight.

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

A smart person wouldn't be out in the hood at 2:30 am.  Nothing good ever comes from being out after midnight.

I dont live my life behind a locked door if I need to to to the hood I go and fear nothing I'm prepared to defend myself and my family at all times. 

Revis might be opening an all night diner and wanted to see the foot traffic in the neighborhood after hours, who knows?  

Everyone is quick to judge and destroy one of the greatest Jets players of all time. Sheesh

32 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

lmao another "working class hero" hating on a guy just because he's successful

lmao, another jock sniffer who thinks actors and athletes shouldn't live by the same laws as the rest of us.

What, you think a mercenary like Revis is going to come to JN and read this thread and finally notice (or care) you exist?  Lol.  

He'd deck you as quick as he decked those other dudes.

Archived