Revis involved in Altercation; Criminal Charges Filed - MERGED

Matt39

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I dont live my life behind a locked door if I need to to to the hood I go and fear nothing I'm prepared to defend myself and my family at all times. 

Revis might be opening an all night diner and wanted to see the foot traffic in the neighborhood after hours, who knows?  

Everyone is quick to judge and destroy one of the greatest Jets players of all time. Sheesh

Hole crap stop it.  You sound more idiotic than usual.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Innocent until proven guilty. 

Were you there? Did you witness what happened? 

If you were in the same situation what would you do?  

The NFL is a business and all players try and earn as much as they could as an injury can put them on the shelf for life and it would be game over career over. 

Why do I even respond to you? Either you suck at comprehension or are just plain stupid. ONCE AGAIN you silly person I am not disputing his guilt or innocence. I am disputing the bullsh*t story they came up with to explain his presence in the area. You call these guys thugs and lowlifes but YOU weren't there either. No one knows what happened in this incident except for Revis and the other men involved. The only thing that is clear here is that you seem to think you and only you know what happened.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Why do I even respond to you? Either you suck at comprehension or are just plain stupid. ONCE AGAIN you silly person I am not disputing his guilt or innocence. I am disputing the bullsh*t story they came up with to explain his presence in the area. You call these guys thugs and lowlifes but YOU weren't there either. No one knows what happened in this incident except for Revis and the other men involved. The only thing that is clear here is that you seem to think you and only you know what happened.

WELCOME to IGNORE not dealing with people like you who call others names because you have nothing else. 

You've chosen to ignore content by JetFaninMI.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WELCOME to IGNORE not dealing with people like you who call others names because you have nothing else. 

You've chosen to ignore content by JetFaninMI.

LOL. FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST! LORD GOD ALMIGHTY I'M FREE AT LAST!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I eat breakfast twice before I even get up in the morning so by default yes. 

Just the silly tough guy talk. Give it a rest. Nobody wants to hear that nonsense. 

Do you have one of those powerful toilets that you can flush golf balls down, sounds like you might need it. 

5 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Don't be surprised if all charges against Revis are dropped. 

Meanwhile, Patriots WR Michael Floyd is sentenced to 120 days in jail for extreme DUI. 

Way to stay classy Patriots!!!

Something happened to Revis when he was a Pat. 

23 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think they are desperate with or without Revis.  We differ on what to expect from Revis at corner or at safety, a position I don't want to see him play anyway.  He offers zero of the "veteran leadership" that one would expect from someone of his NFL ilk.  He's a liability, not an asset.  And an expensive one.  Time to cut bait.

They are most likely going to cut bait, but I would have rather made the choice after trying to negotiate his pay down, rather than having the choice taken away.

I don't think he was as much a liability as people claim because he's a man corner who rarely played man last year.  Now, I have no idea why he wasn't playing man coverage nearly as often, but he played a ton of off coverage, and that isn't his game.  He played man for parts of the Cincy game, and AJ Green beat him a couple of times (one great catch, and one double move I believe) and from then on, it was consistently off coverage.  Having said this, I have no disillusion of him returning to the Revis Island days, but I think in a consistent man coverage scheme he will be better.  

I haven't done the defensive breakdowns yet, but this is the timeout issues one:

http://www.jetnation.com/2017/01/28/timeout-fiasco-defensive-review/#sthash.BqyjAv6C.dpbs

Notice how many times, you see Revis being backed off the line, or showing man coverage and bailing before the snap.  He never did that before, so I think part of the reason is some injury, or just a big screw up in game planning.  Again, not saying he's going to be a lock-down corner, but I think the chances of him being average are better than people would expect (as long as they still play him in man coverage) and there isn't some other underlying issue at hand.   

I wouldn't want to retain him at the current rate, I think I would have tried to renegotiate as well, but I don't think he's a lost cause.

23 hours ago, thadude said:

I thought Burris's speed was fine

http://www.mockdraftable.com/player/7682/

Not really, while I don't want to use just stats to say he's not fast, he's just not that fast.  His 3 cone shuttle, 20 yard dash, 60 yard dash, 40 yard, 10 yard are all below the 40 percentile mark for CBs.  Now there have been plenty of guys that are successful with slower speeds, but his issue is that he's a press man corner.  If he can jam someone at the line, he throws off their momentum enough that he can stay stride for stride with them.  If they evade the jam at the line, he doesn't have the speed to stay with those guys down the field, especially on deep routes.  

His preferable game is when he's jamming a receiver and then maintaining some form of contact to slow the guy down.  He has good weight for a corner, so he's used to overpowering guys at the line of scrimmage, and that wasn't working that well last year in the NFL.  Now the transition from college to the NFL is brutal for most corners so I wouldn't advocate dropping him, but he either has to shed some weight to gain speed or get better technique to stay with NFL receivers.  

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

Meanwhile, Patriots WR Michael Floyd is sentenced to 120 days in jail for extreme DUI. 

Way to stay classy Patriots!!!

Actually NE was pretty classy as Floyd wasnt even active for the Super Bowl and played in what 2 games regular season. 

Meanwhile we also signed SFJ who also has a DUI conviction. 

6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I have you on IGNORE but felt the need to respond to your latest bullsh*t nonsense typical coming from you. 

What would you have done in Revis situation? 

Lets say tonight you step out of your basement and decide to go to the local White Castle for a meal and 2 thugs confront you and starts taking cell phone video (even though you arent an NFL superstar like Revis) would you stand up for yourself or would you hold onto your pajama pants and run like hell, I'm guessing you would run like hell. 

My loyalty is towards Jets players especially those like Revis who are great players. 

You know nothing and you are the last person that should be judging anyone on this board. 

Ignore. 

I know what's wrong with you, that's something.

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I eat breakfast twice before I even get up in the morning so by default yes. 

Just the silly tough guy talk. Give it a rest. Nobody wants to hear that nonsense. 

Nobody wants to hear anything he posts. We endure it, like herpes.

3 hours ago, jetrider said:

somebody might get paid, for sure, but somebody might get paid more by TMZ, lol

Any lawyers out there know if these kids can drop the charges or will the DA pursue it alone?

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

poor joewilly finally found a big name thug he can call his own.....and he's getting cut, lol

Revis is one of the greatest Jets players in the history of the organization pathetic how fans treat players like him and others who wear the Jets uniform over what, be ashamed very ashamed. 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Revis is one of the greatest Jets players in the history of the organization pathetic how fans treat players like him and others who wear the Jets uniform over what, be ashamed very ashamed. 

Do you ever get tired of being being the resident dumb**** on the board? Seriously, is this a shtick or are you like this in real life? 

33 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Do you ever get tired of being being the resident dumb**** on the board? Seriously, is this a shtick or are you like this in real life? 

Personal attacks arent allowed here as per the rules, usually when a poster personally attacks another member they got nothing else. 

I support Revis you dont end of story. 

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I dont live my life behind a locked door if I need to to to the hood I go and fear nothing I'm prepared to defend myself and my family at all times. 

Revis might be opening an all night diner and wanted to see the foot traffic in the neighborhood after hours, who knows?  

Everyone is quick to judge and destroy one of the greatest Jets players of all time. Sheesh

WOW!

Archived