Revis involved in Altercation; Criminal Charges Filed - MERGED

Matt39

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets scored on the great sanchez to keller TD at the very beginning of the 4th to give us a 10-7 lead.  On the next possession Greene ran for the long TD and we were up 17-7 w/ over 7 mins to play.  After that Sanchez to keller TD he only attempted one more pass which was a 3rd and 4 right before the Greene run.  a critical 3rd down conversion. 

he may be guilty and he may not be(it sounds like he isn't by the way), that had nothing to do w/ the discussion.

he is the greatest player in Jets history. you can try to counter all you want, I encourage it but just taking shots at me is not a counter. 

Its your opinion that he is the greatest player in Jets history. It is not a fact. When you state opinions as fact it blows your whole argument out of the water. You can site different stats to prove your argument but different era's come into play when you do that. So while it's your opinion that he is the best Jet ever it does not make it factual. Can you see the difference?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Its your opinion that he is the greatest player in Jets history. It is not a fact. When you state opinions as fact it blows your whole argument out of the water. You can site different stats to prove your argument but different era's come into play when you do that. So while it's your opinion that he is the best Jet ever it does not make it factual. Can you see the difference?

He cant.   If you remove if, could, should and would from his posts, there is no substance.  He is a passionate fan, Ill give him that but he clearly doesn't rank rings or championships when he talks about great athletes or coaches.  Its all ..."hyperbole".  If you dont agree with him..you are simply a poor fan. In fact, He calls our fan base the "worst".  He sees it that way from his throne of opinion. 

18 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

so do I need to preface all my posts w/ "in my opinion:" or are we all adults here than logically realize this?

it is in my opinion he is the greatest player in jets history and the play backs up my opinion but you and others are free to think whatever you want.

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He cant.   If you remove if, could, should and would from his posts, there is no substance.  He is a passionate fan, Ill give him that but he clearly doesn't rank rings or championships when he talks about great athletes or coaches.  Its all ..."hyperbole".  If you dont agree with him..you are simply a poor fan. In fact, He calls our fan base the "worst".  He sees it that way from his throne of opinion. 

you are such a whiner, you bring absolutely nothing to this board other than whining about posters that actually contribute.

I call fans bad fans when they do nothing but bash our players and coaches, the kind that don't appreciate anything and pretend that nothing less than a Sb is a failure.  you know the kind that want others to think they are more successful than they actually are b/c they have such insecurity issues and need internet attention.

Please, I'm old enough to remember those days, I saw those games.  Without Namath, the Jets would have been lucky to be .500. You can't compare stats because it was a different game than today.  Sanchez (I am not anti-Sanchez) doesn't belong in the same stratosphere as Namath.  

I'm not old enough, but I disagree. If you look at the year they won the super bowl, Namath blew a bunch of games early on because of all the picks. The Jets took off once Namath reeled it in, and let the defense win the game

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I call fans bad fans when they do nothing but bash our players and coaches, the kind that don't appreciate anything and pretend that nothing less than a Sb is a failure.  you know the kind that want others to think they are more successful than they actually are b/c they have such insecurity issues and need internet attention.

If the shoe fits (and with the Jets it usually does).

8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

I'm not old enough, but I disagree. If you look at the year they won the super bowl, Namath blew a bunch of games early on because of all the picks. The Jets took off once Namath reeled it in, and let the defense win the game

Back then, DBs were allowed to thump, bump, maul, rape WRs all the way down the field.  Can't compare then and now. Would love to see how Namath would have done under present-day QB, WR protection rules.  I think he would have been phenomenal with today's QB friendly rules.

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so do I need to preface all my posts w/ "in my opinion:" or are we all adults here than logically realize this?

it is in my opinion he is the greatest player in jets history and the play backs up my opinion but you and others are free to think whatever you want.

you are such a whiner, you bring absolutely nothing to this board other than whining about posters that actually contribute.

If opinion is contribution... you are king. 

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Back then, DBs were allowed to thump, bump, maul, rape WRs all the way down the field.  Can't compare then and now. Would love to see how Namath would have done under present-day QB, WR protection rules.  I think he would have been phenomenal with today's QB friendly rules.

Don't forget that part of opposing teams' game plans was to maim him more than he was already maimed. Tom Brady would've been in a body bag long before he could ever attempt to whine to the refs about breathing on the passer. 

Just now, thadude said:

Anyone who thinks Revis is the greatest jet ever give me a freakin break

sorry, but his opinion has been posted as a faux fact and there is nothing the rest of us can do about it. Its just one of those message board "my opinion is fact" kind of deals.

14 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Don't forget that part of opposing teams' game plans was to maim him more than he was already maimed. Tom Brady would've been in a body bag long before he could ever attempt to whine to the refs about breathing on the passer. 

Brady has had it really easy in the AFC East last 10 years.  

Bills - sucked

Miami - sucked 

Jets - traded away our last good pass rusher for a center

And then people scratch their heads why the Giants, with edge rushers galore, own New England

This thread is turning into 'Wes Welker seriously?'  due to its epicness. Someone mentioned Riggins earlier, I think it was munchmemory. Let's keep on quasi-topic. That turncoat Riggins bolted in FA because the Jets wouldn't pay him. Riggins of the fro and overalls, oh, how I loved thee. Then he held out in '80 and sat out the entire season because the Redskins wouldn't pay him. Anyway, aside from bolting and holding out, the main reason for this post is the nyuk nyuk factor. Ready? 

Riggins was at a Congressional dinner in D.C. I know it was 1985, because I remember it was the year he retired. He's seated next to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, proceeds to get rip-roaring drunk and starts hitting on her. "C'mon, Sandy, baby, loosen up, you're too tight!"  He slides to the floor and falls asleep on his face while VP Bush is making a speech. Wait staff step over his body and poke him occasionally to see if he's alive. The only downside to this story is that he didn't say, "You're with me, Leather."  Now this entire paragraph is mildly embellished non-fiction, but forget football yardage and the HOF, that sh*t is what I call legend. I'm sure tons of people remember it. If it happened now it would bust the internet forever. 

One could make a case Revis isn't even our best corner of all-time.  Aaron Glenn spent 8 solid years with the Jets, with 3 Pro Bowl appearances.  James Hasty was here for 7, went to 2 Pro Bowls and tied for the most interceptions in the league in 1999. 

Revis has been here for 8 years and made 7 Pro Bowls over the course of his career, but only really deserved it in 2009 and 2011.  He was living off his name in subsequent years.  One transcendent year, one very good year, and the rest of the time he's been merely good or mediocre. 

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I hate to break this to you but these boards are built on fans opinions.  w/o our opinions the boards have nothing.  

But it seems I am far from alone in citing you as someone who believes your opinion is fact.  

The majority of posters here dont act as authoritative as you when citing their opinion.

Read your posts....  

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

But it seems I am far from alone in citing you as someone who believes your opinion is fact.  

The majority of posters here dont act as authoritative as you when citing their opinion.

Read your posts....  

ok, so what is your point?  I believe in opinions, I may be wrong from time to time or not 100% correct but I believe in them.  what is wrong with that?  what fun would these boards be if we all agreed on everything?  

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

LOL. You finally get it. At least partially. Just because you say it does not make it so. Revis was a great player. To say he is the best of all time still remains your opinion no matter what the stats say. Is his contribution to the team greater than Broadway Joe's? I know you will say yes because your too stubborn and pig headed to admit anything other than your own opinion. At least you admit your opinion is not fact. So lets just say we agree to disagree on this subject okay? That is a fact btw not an opinion.

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. You finally get it. At least partially. Just because you say it does not make it so. Revis was a great player. To say he is the best of all time still remains your opinion no matter what the stats say. Is his contribution to the team greater than Broadway Joe's? I know you will say yes because your too stubborn and pig headed to admit anything other than your own opinion. At least you admit your opinion is not fact. So lets just say we agree to disagree on this subject okay? That is a fact btw not an opinion.

again, it's the little things w/ regards to reading.  I said Joe Namath is the most important player in jets history but revis is the best.  show me another player in his prime that was considered maybe the best of all time at his position? does it make you feel better to hurl childish insults?  I'm here for you if it does but none of it helps you present an intelligent, adult argument on the subject.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

ok, so what is your point?  I believe in opinions, I may be wrong from time to time or not 100% correct but I believe in them.  what is wrong with that?  what fun would these boards be if we all agreed on everything?  

I'll state  I think you are fairly well versed on NYJ football. More than me for sure but you do trample on other posters as if your opinion is fact.   

This is is an opinion board but many readers here, as evidenced by your constant debates, believe you come across as more knowledgeable than they are when you are citing opinion and could haves.  

Its all good....  most Jets fans simply don't believe Revis was the best JET ever.  You do. It's fine.  

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One could make a case Revis isn't even our best corner of all-time.  Aaron Glenn spent 8 solid years with the Jets, with 3 Pro Bowl appearances.  James Hasty was here for 7, went to 2 Pro Bowls and tied for the most interceptions in the league in 1999. 

Revis has been here for 8 years and made 7 Pro Bowls over the course of his career, but only really deserved it in 2009 and 2011.  He was living off his name in subsequent years.  One transcendent year, one very good year, and the rest of the time he's been merely good or mediocre. 

Revis was the jets best ever CB but Glenn is a close 2nd

I agree Revis has been making pro bowls based on name only lasted several years

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

again, it's the little things w/ regards to reading.  I said Joe Namath is the most important player in jets history but revis is the best.  show me another player in his prime that was considered maybe the best of all time at his position? does it make you feel better to hurl childish insults?  I'm here for you if it does but none of it helps you present an intelligent, adult argument on the subject.

Who considers him the best of all time at the position? You? I surely don't. While Revis effectively shut down the opposing teams star wideout did his play influence the balance of power in the NFL? Deion Sanders did that while playing for the Cowboys and 49'ers. When those teams slugged it out in the NFC Championship Games back in the day it was Sanders who was the difference for either team he played for. Revis never came close to that. Just so we are clear I don't think Sanders was the best of all time at his position either. He was better than Revis in his prime though.

Calling you stubborn and pigheaded may be in your opinion childish but it is also the truth. Based on your posts you believe your opinions to be factual and when called on it still insist what you believe to be true is. So in effect calling you stubborn and pigheaded may be MY opinion but you prove it almost every time you post. As I said before we agree to disagree. Leave it at that okay?

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That would be a really dumb argument. 

32 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Revis played the position on a historical level for a few seasons. Up there with anyone you can name

And like Curtis Martin was a great JET.   But best of all time.?   I'm no CMART fan but I rank Mart in ahead of Revis by a hair. Namath in front of both of them.  

On 2/18/2017 at 11:29 PM, Integrity28 said:

Seems like you probably are.

On 2/18/2017 at 11:34 PM, Integrity28 said:

ignores, allegedly 

ignore in joewilly world = constant acknowledgement of every post by folks he says he ignores

"I don't live behind locked doors"

*screams to the high heavens who he has on his ignore list for having an opinion he disagrees with and needs to shelter himself from*

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I'll state  I think you are fairly well versed on NYJ football. More than me for sure but you do trample on other posters as if your opinion is fact.   

This is is an opinion board but many readers here, as evidenced by your constant debates, believe you come across as more knowledgeable than they are when you are citing opinion and could haves.  

Its all good....  most Jets fans simply don't believe Revis was the best JET ever.  You do. It's fine.  

I agree w/ you, I can do that at times and I apologize for it.  I do get caught up in this nonsense sometimes and I am sure I will again in the future.

again though it's not "best Jet" but best player in franchise history.  I would put a bunch of guys ahead of him on a "best Jets" list.  

11 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Who considers him the best of all time at the position? You? I surely don't. While Revis effectively shut down the opposing teams star wideout did his play influence the balance of power in the NFL? Deion Sanders did that while playing for the Cowboys and 49'ers. When those teams slugged it out in the NFC Championship Games back in the day it was Sanders who was the difference for either team he played for. Revis never came close to that. Just so we are clear I don't think Sanders was the best of all time at his position either. He was better than Revis in his prime though.

Calling you stubborn and pigheaded may be in your opinion childish but it is also the truth. Based on your posts you believe your opinions to be factual and when called on it still insist what you believe to be true is. So in effect calling you stubborn and pigheaded may be MY opinion but you prove it almost every time you post. As I said before we agree to disagree. Leave it at that okay?

there has never been a better cover corner than revis and he is in the discussion for best of all time.

Sanders was the difference maker?

1994 NFC Championship Game w/ deion vs. Irvin:

Michael Irvin: 12 recs, 192 yds 2 TDs

1992 and 1993 NFC title games w/o deion on SF:

Irvin:

6-86 in '92

2-23 in '93

the difference maker was Jerry Jones and jimmy Johnson parting ways.  Deion went to ready made teams for his 1994 and 1995 SBs.  he hopped on the bandwagon, revis was much more of a difference maker for NE in 2014 than Deion in 1994 or 1995. 

Deion made flashier plays as he was a TD waiting to happen if he got his hands on the ball but he would get beat often b/c he'd try to cheat to get INts.

there you go again, you have nothing to counter my argument and instead resort to childish attacks.  I feel bad for you.

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one could make that case, it's as laughable as it gets to suggest Aaron Glenn(who was nothing mroe than a slightly above average corner) was anywhere near as good as Revis and had any type of impact like revis.

Just to refresh the memories of my fellow Jet fans.  In 1998 we lost Aaron Glenn in the Seattle game after he was embarrassed all game by Joey Galloway.  we then went on a run to the AFC Championship game w/o him. he did come back but played sparingly.  Aaron Glenn never started in a playoff win and when he got hurt our D didn't miss him at all.  he was a 2 time pro bowler for the jets and ZERO time all pro.

I loved James Hasty, he's the 2nd best Jets corner I have seen in my lifetime(miles better than the overrated Aaron Glenn) but he also was nowhere near Revis.  he was part of some of the biggest chokes in Jets history(as was Glenn) and he couldn't wait to leave the Jets as a free agent.  he made 2 pro bowls, neither w/ the Jets and was also a ZERO time all pro(which matters much more than pro bowls) and he led the league in INTs(w/ 7 ) as a member of the Chiefs.

Revis has more 1st team all pro selections as a Jet than Glenn and Hasty combined have pro bowl apps as Jets(3 to 2). to compare Glenn or Hasty to him as Jets is ludicrous.  

all these arguments are so funny, if those other players were playing today and we watched them get beat all the time they'd be skewered on here on a daily basis but b/c they played 20 years ago and we forget(I don't, most jet fans do) they are all of a sudden on par w/ revis b/c Revis had ONE bad season.

nyjunc.  You're wrong.  Not about Revis being better, but in downgrading Glenn.  Glenn was excellent.  So was Hasty.  I think Jerry Holmes was criminally underrated.  

Also, for a history buff your narrative about Glenn leaving is so ******* wrong it isn't funny.  Glenn couldn't wait to leave the Jets in free agency?  He didn't.  That fat **** Parcells gave him a big contract, then they got Edwards in here to run the cover who.  There isn't much use for an undersized cover corner in the cover who, so the Jets wanted to dump the contracts of their cover corners Glenn and Marcus Coleman.  That fat **** Parcells bought the groceries, realized he spent too much for them and ran away.  They didn't protect up and coming young tackle Ryan Young in the expansion draft, as long as the Texans did them the favor of taking both of their starting cornerbacks.  ******* assholes. 

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

nyjunc.  You're wrong.  Not about Revis being better, but in downgrading Glenn.  Glenn was excellent.  So was Hasty.  I think Jerry Holmes was criminally underrated.  

Also, for a history buff your narrative about Glenn leaving is so ******* wrong it isn't funny.  Glenn couldn't wait to leave the Jets in free agency?  He didn't.  That fat **** Parcells gave him a big contract, then they got Edwards in here to run the cover who.  There isn't much use for an undersized cover corner in the cover who, so the Jets wanted to dump the contracts of their cover corners Glenn and Marcus Coleman.  That fat **** Parcells bought the groceries, realized he spent too much for them and ran away.  They didn't protect up and coming young tackle Ryan Young in the expansion draft, as long as the Texans did them the favor of taking both of their starting cornerbacks.  ******* assholes. 

Aaron Glenn is one of those guys that has become better the further we get away from him like a Ken O'Brien type.  Glenn was a decent corner, he was not great, he was not special. I said hasty was better, hasty was very underrated here but again nowhere near Revis level.  Holmes was when I first started watching the Jets so I was very young but having a great pass rush like we had in those days would help any corner look good and I think Holmes left for the USFL for a couple of years in the middle of his prime.

he misread my post, I said JAMES HASTY couldn't wait to leave the Jets.  Glenn was let go in the expansion draft(along w/ Coleman and Ryan Young) which saved us from his bloated contract and kept us out of cap hell and allowed us to retool in 2002 and win only our 2nd ever AFC east title. we didn't want to get rid of any of those guys but had to and the expansion draft saved us.

Archived