Jets Have An Interest In Cutler

Nostradamus

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/354693/report-jets-have-some-interest-in-cutler?ls=roto:NFL:topheadlines

Don't be surprised if this is the guy.  

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora continues to report the Jets have "some interest" in Jay Cutler if/when he's released by the Bears.

"They believe he can play in the elements that are a reality in the AFC East, and they like his moxie and arm talent," writes La Canfora. "And that was well before the Jets hired Jeremy Bates as their quarterback coach." Bates and Cutler have mutual affinity after working together in Denver and Chicago. The current Jets regime needs to find a way to put wins on the board to save their jobs. No quarterback currently on the roster or in the draft will be able to do that, so Cutler makes some sense as a veteran bridge. La Canfora also mentions the Bills, 49ers, Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars, and Browns as potential landing spots for Cutler.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hackenberg is going to be the QB next year, it's just a question of whether it will be opening day or something like week 5-6. If the later, the Jets will bring in a vet to keep the seat warm, like the Giants did with Warner until Eli was ready. They would not bring in a team killer like Cutler, nor a younger guy like a Taylor or Glennon, because they are going to want to start.  A McCown, Keenum type that would be happy to have a job, and be a good teammate. 

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

Good Grief!!

If the Jets do this than we are as fans, and they as an organization are dumber than I ever thought possible.....

And as a fan of the Jets for over 46 years that would be saying something...

We are almost always on the same side of these "debates."

Great minds....

Cutler would be a good fit in Miami. He had his best years under Gase. Gase seems to be happy with Tannehill but his knee injury,  although not as serious as thought has been kept quit. It seems his recovery would be top priority. They still haven't decided on surgery or not. I know there have been questions and conflicting reports about the surgery, but it just seems odd.

It would be great if Cutler ends up in Miami, maybe our CB's will get a couple of turnovers, maybe.

Cutler being a vet and getting money owed by chicago has a better chance of being signed to a short term deal we can get out from sooner if he fails.

Cutler on such a deal will be close to if not cheaper than Glennon and Taylor both of whom will want term and big bucks.

None of these guys imo are long term franchise answers so go the short term route.

Cutler has the rep for not being a great leader but I have not seen a lot of concrete evidence that this teammates hate the guy.

Cutler has one of the best arms in the league and after having a smart vet but one that had a a ghastly noodle arm his 'arm talent' will be welcome.

Say what you will about Cutler but he is one of the tougher QBS in the league as far as standing into make a throw.

There is no perfect solution out there, to me he is one of the better ones.

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He will do just good enough to make sure another team gets 10-15 glorious years of Sam Darnold. This team is at a crackhead level when it comes to instant gratification.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Can't we just lose and get the USC kid?  Can't something good happen to us just once?

Obviously not.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Cutler being a vet and getting money owed by chicago has a better chance of being signed to a short term deal we can get out from sooner if he fails.

Cutler on such a deal will be close to if not cheaper than Glennon and Taylor both of whom will want term and big bucks.

None of these guys imo are long term franchise answers so go the short term route.

Cutler has the rep for not being a great leader but I have not seen a lot of concrete evidence that this teammates hate the guy.

Cutler has one of the best arms in the league and after having a smart vet but one that had a a ghastly noodle arm his 'arm talent' will be welcome.

Say what you will about Cutler but he is one of the tougher QBS in the league as far as standing into make a throw.

There is no perfect solution out there, to me he is one of the better ones.

I don't see why many here want to tank this year for the next great QB.  There is NO such thing as a sure thing.  While Cutler is 33 he is a very big cut above Fitz.  More than half the board here wanted Fitz in 2016 (not me).  So now you all want to tank rather than allow for the possibility that Cutler plays up to his potential and we have have an enjoyable 2017 season?  Geesh, Jets fans!    

The only way Macc would bring in Cutler is on a short term, relatively low cost deal. That may not happen simply b/c Cutler may feel like he wan't a long term deal or more money. 

Personally, I want a vet that will not only be cheap but allow for a true competition between him, Petty, and Hack. Cutlers seems like the kind of player that would expect to start. We will never know what we have in Hack if he doesn't get a true opportunity to start.  

Bring in Hoyer. I don't want Cutler.  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

The only way Macc would bring in Cutler is on a short term, relatively low cost deal. That may not happen simply b/c Cutler may feel like he wan't a long term deal or more money. 

Personally, I want a vet that will not only be cheap but allow for a true competition between him, Petty, and Hack. Cutlers seems like the kind of player that would expect to start. We will never know what we have in Hack if he doesn't get a true opportunity to start.  

Macc gave Ryan Fitzpatrick $12 million dollars.

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Mac isn't flushing his career in the toilet for Hoyer/Hack/Petty

And I'm not even a Cutler guy

48 minutes ago, section314 said:

Hackenberg is going to be the QB next year, it's just a question of whether it will be opening day or something like week 5-6. If the later, the Jets will bring in a vet to keep the seat warm, like the Giants did with Warner until Eli was ready. They would not bring in a team killer like Cutler, nor a younger guy like a Taylor or Glennon, because they are going to want to start.  A McCown, Keenum type that would be happy to have a job, and be a good teammate. 

I agree. Hack should get a legit shot to start.  But my guy for backup is Hoyer. 

19 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I don't see why many here want to tank this year for the next great QB.  There is NO such thing as a sure thing.  While Cutler is 33 he is a very big cut above Fitz.  More than half the board here wanted Fitz in 2016 (not me).  So now you all want to tank rather than allow for the possibility that Cutler plays up to his potential and we have have an enjoyable 2017 season?  Geesh, Jets fans!    

Problem with tanking is that's a totally inexact science.  

All we had to do was lose a couple games on purpose in '14 to get Winston.  Nope.

Archived