Jets Have An Interest In Cutler

Nostradamus

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thadude said:

Mac isn't flushing his career in the toilet for Hoyer/Hack/Petty

And I'm not even a Cutler guy

Too late. He is tied to Hack b/c he drafted him. If Cutler fails, Macc is still at fault. He is the GM. That's how it works. It makes him look even worse b/c he will probably have to fork over a bunch of cash just to bring him in. 

Hoyer is as stable as it gets. He is more stable than Cutler, albeit not nearly the same talent. At some point you have to see what you have in Hack. I don't think Macc is worried about starting him. I think he can't wait to see what Hack can do. 

Your logic doesn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, thadude said:

So how would you feel about Cutler on a 1 year $7 million contract?

I'd say bring him on board. But he'll have to battle it out for a starting spot. 

But Cutler will never accept that. He will want to go to a team that plans to start him. And he will NEVER accept 7 mil for one year. So your question is moot. 

Just now, PepPep said:

Too late. He is tied to Hack b/c he drafted him. If Cutler fails, Macc is still at fault. He is the GM. That's how it works. It makes him look even worse b/c he will probably have to fork over a bunch of cash just to bring him in. 

Hoyer is as stable as it gets. He is more stable than Cutler, albeit not nearly the same talent. At some point you have to see what you have in Hack. I don't think Macc is worried about starting him. I think he can't wait to see what Hack can do. 

Your logic doesn't make sense. 

Hoyer is Horrible

Ditto for Hack

Mac has seen enough of hack in practice to know he made a mistake.  And I don't even want Cutler

Just now, Beerfish said:

If you are going to settle for Hoyer you may as well Geno smith it up.

Not true. They are very different QBs. Hoyer can manage a game. He can play without making mistakes. Just what you want from a vet backup. Geno has shown time and time again that he is a turnover machine, that he has a tendency to go for the big play. That he can't help but make the same mistakes over and over again.  

1 minute ago, PepPep said:

Not true. They are very different QBs. Hoyer can manage a game. He can play without making mistakes. Just what you want from a vet backup. Geno has shown time and time again that he is a turnover machine, that he has a tendency to go for the big play. That he can't help but make the same mistakes over and over again.  

What games have you ever seen Hoyer "manage"?!!?!?!

Mac has seen enough of hack in practice to know he made a mistake.

And how exactly do you know this? I'll answer- you don't. And my hunch is that its absolutely untrue.

To suggest that Macc, who scouted Hack, liked him enough to take him in the 2nd round, and knew exactly what he was getting when he drafted him, would give up on him before actually letting him play any meaningful games is asinine. 

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Since when does a 2nd round QB pick, a late one at that, determine the fate of any NFL GM?

Just on the Jets alone, the late 2nd round selection of Kellen Clemens and early 2nd round selection of Geno Smith prove that's not the case.  Neither Tanny nor Idzik lost their jobs because of those errant 2nd round picks.  

Same is true for other teams, BTW.  Anyone who claims that Mac's career with the Jets depends wholly on this pick is not recognizing reality because it just ain't so.  

Also just a heads up, I'm all for doing sh*t that's funny, but getting Cutler assures that the Jets will be just good enough to not get a top 2 pick and just bad enough to get Bowles fired whilst putting Macaggnan on a hot seat to such a degree that he sells the future of the team to go 8-8 in 2018. Stone cold lock.

Finally it all makes sense.  Couldn't, for the life of me, figure why they'd pay Fitz 12mil last year.

And this explains it.  They knew they might bring Cutler here for 2017.

Now normally that'd be f-in retarded, but we're not normal.  We're coming from 2016 when we paid Ryan Fitzpatrick 12 million dollars.  

As long as we don't pay Cutler over $35 million in 2017...  it's an upgrade from 2016 and worth it.

Macc is a genius.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Since when does a 2nd round QB pick, a late one at that, determine the fate of any NFL GM?

Just on the Jets alone, the late 2nd round selection of Kellen Clemens and early 2nd round selection of Geno Smith prove that's not the case.  Neither Tanny nor Idzik lost theoir jobs because of those errant 2nd round picks.  

Same is true for other teams, BTW.  Anyone who claims that Macs career with the Jets dependes wholly on this pick is not recognizing reality because it just ain't so.  

Elway is already trying to move on from Paxton Lynch who was a first round pick he traded up for

11 minutes ago, thadude said:

So how would you feel about Cutler on a 1 year $7 million contract?

Cutler would never take that so it's a moot point.  Cutler will want a multi-year deal for much more money.  This may be his last opportunity to get any kind of decent contract in the NFL.

Just now, Dcat said:

Cutler would never take that so it's a moot point.  Cutler will want a multi-year deal for much more money.  This may be his last opportunity to get any kind of decent contract in the NFL.

He just got cut and had surgery on his throwing shoulder

Cutler is not getting a huge contract

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

And how exactly do you know this? I'll answer- you don't. And my hunch is that its absolutely untrue.

To suggest that Macc, who scouted Hack, liked him enough to take him in the 2nd round, and knew exactly what he was getting when he drafted him, would give up on him before actually letting him play any meaningful games is asinine. 

You would have an easier time explaining advanced calculus to these guys than this. Don't bother.

Just now, thadude said:

Elway is already trying to move on from Paxton Lynch who was a first round pick he traded up for

Signing Romo (if that happens) means that Elway is "moving on" from Lynch?  Maybe he just wants Lynch to learn a thing or two for another season.  What evidence do you have that Elway is "moving on" from Lynch?   Bringing in Romo for a year or 2 doesn't prove that for sure and we don't even know if they are going to sign Romo when Dallas cuts bait.

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Yeah Mac and Bowles was so impressed with Hack in practice they had him dress in pajamas on the sidelines while Geno/Fitz/Petty stunk up the joint and/or got hurt

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Signing Romo (if that happens) means that Elway is "moving on" from Lynch?  Maybe he just wants Lynch to learn a thing or two for another season.  What evidence do you have that Elway is "moving on" from Lynch?   Bringing in Romo for a year or 2 doesn't prove that for sure and we don't even know if they are going to sign Romo when Dallas cuts bait.

Well I dunno the Broncos did bench Lynch for a 7th round pick JAG last year

He just got cut and had surgery on his throwing shoulder

Cutler is not getting a huge contract

Well that certainly should be the case.  But in the NFL, stranger things have happened.  We'll see.  I am no Cutler fan, but he is way better than Petty, who I do not believe will ever be successful as a starter in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also just a heads up, I'm all for doing sh*t that's funny, but getting Cutler assures that the Jets will be just good enough to not get a top 2 pick and just bad enough to get Bowles fired whilst putting Macaggnan on a hot seat to such a degree that he sells the future of the team to go 8-8 in 2018. Stone cold lock.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSDSSSSSSSFFSSDTDSSSSSSEESSDGHSSAAAS

Archived