Nick Folk & Breno G Released: MERGED

shevys

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

My theory is that Bowles told Macc what he needed in terms of a secondary in 2015, and Macc went out and got it with relatively short term contracts.

2015 was a good year.  In 2016 nothing worked.

I also think that the Lee pick was also strongly influenced by Bowles.   Lee needs to play better than Deion Jones next year.  For all of the "tiny" in Lee, he is bigger than Jones.

I think Macc knows now that he is picking players for his long-term future, either with the Jets or someone else.  That will make this dynamic very interesting.

With Morton, plus Bates, plus Marshall (OL) and Dorrell (WR), both of whom have actually done a decent AC job for the Jets over the last 2 years. I think the coaching pressure is on the defensive coaching.  

Great points. The noose around Macc's neck is Hack. But the more glaring thing is Bowles allowing Mo and Sheldon and Pryor to be outright dogs. That's on the coaching.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Matthew007b said:

hope they keep Marshall too.. that's really blowing up this team if they do.  (But I understand if they do it and why they do it...)

One of Marshall or Decker should be released, and if Decker will be ready for Training camp, it should be Marshall

26 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Solid by your standards. There is a reason why the media hasn't gone more after Maccagnan than Bowles.

WR, LB, DL, 

WR may be better but it won't be if Marshall and Decker are gone. Then it would just be younger. 

Linebacker is younger, but not better. 

DL is worse and more expensive. Try again. Williams makes it younger but not even he can save the rest of the underachieving unit. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Great points. The noose around Macc's neck is Hack. But the more glaring thing is Bowles allowing Mo and Sheldon and Pryor to be outright dogs. That's on the coaching.

The problem with your thinking is Bowles doesn't coach them and that's why people got fired .

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

WR may be better but it won't be if Marshall and Decker are gone. Then it would just be younger. 

Linebacker is younger, but not better. 

DL is worse and more expensive. Try again. Williams makes it younger but not even he can save the rest of the underachieving unit. 

I think Wilkerson will have a bounce back year next year, and Richardson will be traded. So there is the DL.

Linebacker I think with Kevin Greene coaching them, will greatly improve. I like Jordan Jenkins. PFF was high on him towards the end of the season.

WR even without Marshall are better than 2 years ago. Would rather have Robby Anderson than Percy Harvin. Enunwa and Kerley cancel each other out. Would rather have Marshall than Greg Salas. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let's be real, we have no idea if there's even going to be a noose. The team is now being run by a guy named Wold, and nothing would surprise me at this point.

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

I'm going to just put this out there because someone has to in the wake of Folk getting the boot (pun)... Not advocating this so don't hit me!

3 college kickers are generally thought to be draft worthy this year... Zane has been mocked as high as the 4th round.

Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State

Jake Elliott, K, Memphis 

Andy Phillips, K, Utah 

if we draft a kicker anywhere near the 4th round i ******* quit watching football

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The problem with your thinking is Bowles doesn't coach them and that's why people got fired .

What are you talking about?  He is he HEAD football coach, massively involved in the defense and he is 100% responsible for the performance of his players.  I guess you fall for the sacrificial lamb moves every year do you?

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with this, mostly.

Mo and Sheldon appeared de-motivated.  I don't know whether Pryor was demotivated. In part all of the demotivation and lack of performance can be attributed to poor coaching/schemes and the perception by players that the person next to them was really dogging it (e.g. Revis).

In the case of Pryor in particular, if Gilcrist, Revis and Skrine were not effective, he is looking much worse.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Like Folk, I understand the business side.  

And when we miss a sh*tton of FG's and our kickoffs are weak in 2017, I guess we'll all understand that too.

He's one of the best kickers we've ever had, along with Pat Leahy.  

Forgive me if his pennies, on this sh*t dick roster full of outright thieves, were not the pennies I personally wished to pinch.

In before Mangold cut, but limp dick problem children thugs like Revis and Sheldon et al. all retained, because something something Bowles and Defense.

Folk missed enough kicks to cost us games this year, his kickoffs sucked, and there's zero reason to rush into cutting Revis.  He's probably gonna get cut, but the deadline isn't for a little bit.  Cutting him today is no different than cutting him right before the deadline.  As far as Sheldon goes, we should be looking to trade him, not cut him.

Folk being one of the best kickers we've ever had doesn't mean that we should pay him when he isn't worth it anymore nor does it mean that we should exclude him from a huge roster purge.

Another point.  Almost everyone here seems to be in line with sucking absolute balls this year to nab the highest draft pick in 2018....so why are we complaining that our kicking game will suck?  Isn't that, like, kind of what you all want?

Just now, Mogglez said:

Folk missed enough kicks to cost us games this year, his kickoffs sucked, and there's zero reason to rush into cutting Revis.  As far as Sheldon goes, we should be looking to trade him, not cut him.

Folk being one of the best kickers we've ever had doesn't mean that we should pay him when he isn't worth it anymore and that we should exclude him from a huge roster purge.

Another point.  Almost everyone here seems to be in line with sucking absolute balls this year to nab the highest draft pick in 2018....so why are we complaining that our kicking game will suck?  Isn't that, like, kind of what you all want?

That's a fair point. 

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

I agree with this, mostly.

Mo and Sheldon appeared de-motivated.  I don't know whether Pryor was demotivated. In part all of the demotivation and lack of performance can be attributed to poor coaching/schemes and the perception by players that the person next to them was really dogging it (e.g. Revis).

In the case of Pryor in particular, if Gilcrist, Revis and Skrine were not effective, he is looking much worse.

Something happened, and I think it started with Bowles letting Cro dog it last year.

Just now, Beerfish said:

What are you talking about?  He is he HEAD football coach, massively involved in the defense and he is 100% responsible for the performance of his players.  I guess you fall for the sacrificial lamb moves every year do you?

What I am talking about is what I believe, not what you know as your truth .

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Locked in a young, rising guard and cut 17.5 mil in dead weight so far. Pretty nice start IMO, although they may have been no-brainers.

Rarely does a team ever become great exclusively through the draft. It's vital to make moves in FA and trades in the off-season. The Jets need a cornerback - go sign one of the many young studs available.

A successful team makes BIG moves in FA when they are 11-5, and need a vet player or two to get over the hump to be a true competitor.  When a team is 5-11 you build with young players.  Bringing high priced , over the hill FA's in is a formula to rise to a 7-9 8-8 team.  Maybe keep the HC and GM employed for another year or two, but your not winning anything

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Folk missed enough kicks to cost us games this year, his kickoffs sucked, and there's zero reason to rush into cutting Revis.  He's probably gonna get cut, but the deadline isn't for a little bit.  Cutting him today is no different than cutting him right before the deadline.  As far as Sheldon goes, we should be looking to trade him, not cut him.

Folk being one of the best kickers we've ever had doesn't mean that we should pay him when he isn't worth it anymore nor does it mean that we should exclude him from a huge roster purge.

His kicking percentage was 87% that is dam good...  he blew the Cinny game and that was it.

Archived